Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio (32623 Views)

See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / Wike Appoints Graham-Douglas As Special Assistant On Traffic Lights / I Didn’t Disobey Traffic Lights, They Were Not Working – Sen Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by olamikhail(m): 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
DrayZee:
He isn't the one who posted all those stuff, hope you guys know?

Yea.quoting himself in the second person
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
yea we know... tell lies.... we know...
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by experimentist: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
da iska governor, u dey craze, abokee!
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by lastpage: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
gbosaa:
grin grin grin

This is funny, so even without a functioning traffic light, is there no such thing as responsible driving??.

In Nigeria , there is nothing like right of way. The kekes and picantos must give way for the molues and lorries otherwise they get crushed.

The senator is used to driving with sirens blaring at the loudest decibel at neck breaking speed. The American embassy staff also must have adapted to our driving rules and road traffic behaviours after all, there are American embassy staff.

The only thing strange but funny about this scenario is the oga Akpabio was flown abroad for medical care even though he built a world class medical centre in his home state.

He is not alone though.
Every now and then, tinubu would fly abroad because of a nagging toothache when a simple and regular toothbrush and paste would cured his wahala.

Anyim would take a two day trip abroad just to swallow his sleeping tablets.

Obasanjo would fly abroad to sort his flatulence even though he is surrounded with high fibre foods in his ota farm.

Na joke o.

Everything you said made sense die, even if na joke.... except we need to remind you that "toothpaste and brush" IS NOT A MEDICAL CURE FOR A NAGGING TOOTHACHE! That was silly, even in light banter.

Anyway, let us also add that Mama Piss has been hopping to Germany every now and then, for some Tummy-tuck!
Even our runaway thief of a former petroleum Minister decided to "develop Cancer abroad", just so she thinks she can escape giving account of her stewardship!

Okay, this one na one bad joke!

Lastpage!
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by MIM77(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
meforyou1:
I wholly agree with Akpabio on this. Those traffic lights the former FCT minister hurriedly installed as he was about leaving in Abuja are not working. And those that are working give inappropriate signs that 2 drivers from different directions might actually be obeying the lights and then collide.

Its not enough, you normally should see everyother driver including the traffic lights as mad, but in this case everybody was mad. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by baaliyah(m): 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Your speed must be way above limit sir, there is no way the other vehicle would have gained high speed, after driving through three big speed bumps either on the way from NNPC Mega station or from ship house.
Just thank your creator.

Meanwhile, men in black came visiting while u are abroad, they help u keep the dollars. Hope u know the amount u kept.

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by deyemia: 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:
sad
NO NEED TO LIE MY AMIABLE SENATOR.

LET'S JUST THANK GOD FOR LIFE.

To think that a traffic light on the way to the international airport in abuja is not working is actually too much from the Senator!

It's better for him to be quiet about the whole issue!

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
lastpage:

Everything you said made sense die, even if na joke.... except we need to remind you that "toothpaste and brush" IS NOT A MEDICAL CURE FOR A NAGGING TOOTHACHE! That was silly, even in light banter.

Anyway, let us also add that Mama Piss has been hopping to Germany every now and then, for some Tummy-tuck!
Even our runaway thief of a former petroleum Minister decided to "develop Cancer abroad", just so she thinks she can escape giving account of her stewardship!

Okay, this one na one bad joke!

Lastpage!

You are right about the toothpaste n brush...

Wanted to write that good oral hygiene would have prevented the ache that took him abroad but my post went viral before I could make the correction.
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Pyeratedraymond(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Akpabio can lie......
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dharniel:
make the guy sharrap abeg, whose fault is it that they are not working. and if your claims are true, are you the one driving yourself, or your driver do inform you about every streetlight on your path that is not working?
no need to lie.
1-do u stay in Abj?
2-y are u sick in ur manners?
3-in abj, the bad traffic lights are more than the working ones
4- the working lights are stationed only where int'l visitors or Presido passes
5-it is the technicians fault that they are not working.
6- he drives himself often, even if he wasn't the one driving what shd make him not to notice events/objects outside.

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by fascowilly(m): 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ok o we're now know you're not the one disobey the traffic lights but your car did, by now you should be praising God and you're now saying nonsense.
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Bigsteveg(m): 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:
sad
NO NEED TO LIE MY AMIABLE SENATOR.

LET'S JUST THANK GOD FOR LIFE.

LOL........u wicked o, be nice grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by bankyblue(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
That should be his next bill @ the sanete. Yeye man
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"PMB is a terrorist", Quote me anywhere.
true talk bro!!
Only ENDtime rebels will hate this comment!
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
divinehand2003:
Because the traffic lights weren't working my dear Governor, you decided to drive at 200km/hour through a cross junction abi? Hope you have learnt a simple lesson now?
is that what they ttold u? #smh
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
meforyou1:
I wholly agree with Akpabio on this. Those traffic lights the former FCT minister hurriedly installed as he was about leaving in Abuja are not working. And those that are working give inappropriate signs that 2 drivers from different directions might actually be obeying the lights and then collide.
Gbam! Many ppl here are commenting based on the party they belong.

Let's face the fact, most of the traffic lights are not working. In fact what we have in Abj is disco lights. Some ppl wey no even dey Abj just dey waste their MB online while those with same level of hatred are liking their useless comments.

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by promise3048(m): 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Am not surprised notin d work for naija

[b][/b]uru di ya
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
Bigsteveg:

LOL........u wicked o, be nice grin grin grin
He is a leader, he should accept responsibility joor
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
shadowgwalker:
1-do u stay in Abj?
2-y are u sick in ur manners?
3-in abj, the bad traffic lights are more than the working ones
4- the working lights are stationed only where int'l visitors or Presido passes
5-it is the technicians fault that they are not working.
6- he drives himself often, even if he wasn't the one driving what shd make him not to notice events/objects outside.

my apologies
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
deyemia:

To think that a traffic light on the way to the international airport in abuja is not working is actually too much from the Senator!

It's better for him to be quiet about the whole issue!
He should have kept quiet...

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Lawsimon(m): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
muri4mig:
I did not agree with Akpabio about dat particular streetlight at bolingo junction. I have never see dat streetlight not functioning before. It's one of the traditional streetlight in abuja. Is never part of the bala Muhammed scam. Can anybody come forward to disbunk or confirm dis allegation. To the best of my knowledge, dat street is one of the most functioning streetlight. The senetor of a deviant violated the traffic law to catch up with his flight that I am sure he was already late.
Na lie lie go kill this my former Governor. Akpabio tell lies for a living, don't mind him. Three months ago, he came out to say that his government is not owing upto 60 billion naira. Three months later, after a lot of pressure, the new government came out to say that Akwa Ibom is owing 64.5 billion naira and they use 3 billion plus to service the debt every month (what a lie). But from a secret source, Akwa Ibom debt is far more than that, but they are trying to cover it to avoid probe and criticisms. The worst of it is that the House of Assembly has no record of the loan, which is the normal practice as stipulated by law. GOD WILL DELIVER US. UNCOMMON TRANSFORMATION IS A SCAM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Villeann(m): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
When it comes to development he have tried his best compared to his other state counterpart. But however that's not enough.
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by echelons(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
meforyou1:

Bros na lie abeg. That Bolingo junction traffic lights have been working since time immemorial. I witnessed that accident live on my way to work that morning. His light has turned RED and our own green, yet his driver was still flying on the road.
Even the new ones are working too. Let's not believe this silly excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Lawsimon(m): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
secretsofpeace:
Mr Akpabio why did you then commission an uncompleted project you see ur life
AKpabio commissions projects before they are completed. Tropicana, e-library, airport, world class hospital, 5 star hotel, 4-star sheraton, etc, are good examples.

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by echelons(m): 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
ZKOSOSO:

Since u made yourself a judge in your own matter, Oya carry go. Jail the sanator, yeye.
I work close to Cool FM abuja that light hardly work. Hence the ever presence of traffic police there.

Bros relax. That traffic lights work and they were working that morning since this incident happened before my very eyes.
I was actually like 5 vehicles behind the UN vehicle that was involved and was our turn to start going. In as much as I like Akpabio as a governor, he shouldn't come out to tell this blatant lie. That Bolingo junction light has been working for two years now since I started going to work from that route.

2 Likes

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by echelons(m): 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Fellywood:

I won't know of lies here but I had an experience on this spot. When the light counted to zero, it remained green & started one to five on green again, And of course if you are rushing to beat red you will be in a hurry. What I did not know was that the light had passed the other lane at the same time. It was God that worked things for us that day. That bolingo spot is the most dangerous in the FCT. The authorities should DO something about the traffic light there.

It counts down from 5 again yes, but the other ones do not start counting down GREEN. When it starts counting down 5, you're meant to slow down and stop, or if you're close enough to beat the countdown then you can crossover without incident.
I ply that route daily, from Lugbe to Central Area in the morning and Commasie house to Lugbe in the evening. That traffic lights have been working perfectly, it's just that some drivers are plain stupid and undisciplined.

2 Likes

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by RexTramadol1: 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
gbosaa:
grin grin grin

This is funny, so even without a functioning traffic light, is there no such thing as responsible driving??.

In Nigeria , there is nothing like right of way. The kekes and picantos must give way for the molues and lorries otherwise they get crushed.

The senator is used to driving with sirens blaring at the loudest decibel at neck breaking speed. The American embassy staff also must have adapted to our driving rules and road traffic behaviours after all, there are American embassy staff.

The only thing strange but funny about this scenario is the oga Akpabio was flown abroad for medical care even though he built a world class medical centre in his home state.

He is not alone though.
Every now and then, tinubu would fly abroad because of a nagging toothache when a simple and regular toothbrush and paste would cured his wahala.

Anyim would take a two day trip abroad just to swallow his sleeping tablets.

Obasanjo would fly abroad to sort his flatulence even though he is surrounded with high fibre foods in his ota farm.

Na joke o.

Read again
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by LastProphet: 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
muri4mig:
I did not agree with Akpabio about dat particular streetlight at bolingo junction. I have never see dat streetlight not functioning before. It's one of the traditional streetlight in abuja. Is never part of the bala Muhammed scam. Can anybody come forward to disbunk or confirm dis allegation. To the best of my knowledge, dat street is one of the most functioning streetlight. The senetor of a deviant violated the traffic law to catch up with his flight that I am sure he was already late.

I passed that light not more than 20 minutes before Akpabio that morning to nat hospital, it was working, and to support your claim, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT PARTICULAR LIGHT MISBAHAVE, if he had said the one at unity bank HQ i will say he is telling the truth. Anyway what do you expect from a close ally of GEJ? Nothing but impunity and lawlessness.

2 Likes

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by meforyou1(m): 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
echelons:

Bros na lie abeg. That Bolingo junction traffic lights have been working since time immemorial. I witnessed that accident live on my way to work that morning. His light has turned RED and our own green, yet his driver was still flying on the road.
Even the new ones are working too. Let's not believe this silly excuse.
Well, wount argue with you because you were an eye witness.
Talking of abuja city traffic lights generally. Especially those one Bala mohd hurriedly put up.
Check the national mosque own. Flashes green for those coming from CBN side and by the side flash green for those coming from GTB area at the same time. Even till today. So when people shown green from both sides move and collide, it will be difficult to know who is at fault because both were shown green.
At Wuse market, the one near former iluobe filling station, there is no sign for those coming from the mosque express that want to turn to the right and enter Wuse 2, same when u are coming from iluobe and want to go right and enter the express and go to mabushi area.
Gwarimpa traffic light near AP filling station in 1st avenue intermittently misbehaves,no driver knows what to do,whether to go on moving or stop.
Same as others. Too numerous to list
Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by shine96: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Senator Akpabio should thank God he didnt die.he should pls stop fooling himself by lying, we know our leaders re not good role models for Nigerian youth.

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by simeonii(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
Shekau1:
but why did u leave out this tweet na? He said their still working on the modalities for 152 international doctors for the hospital.
Yea! I intended to add it, but I discovered one can only upload 4 pix @ a time...b4 I could modify, it has already gone to HQ(FP)..sorry abt it, wasn't deliberate.

1 Like

Re: I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio by Rad1cal: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
omooba969:

@bolded,

grin cheesy cheesy e.g Rad1cal !

cool
I can see my disciple omo oloshi can't do without paying homage to me.

How are you my unfortunate child ? Have you taken your bath today ? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Rejected Bode George As A Godfather & He Endorsed Rhodes-Vivour - Jandor / Herdsmen Turn National Stadium , Abuja To Grazing Reserve / TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.