Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments (2646 Views)

Okorocha Demands Apology From Obiano - Thisday / Emi Systems Demands Apology From Buhari, Gives Seven Days Ultimatum / Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by superstar1(m): 6:17am On Sep 08, 2015
Festus Keyamo
The youth wing of the pan-Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has demanded an unconditional apology from human rights lawyer, Festus Keyamo, for dismissing the outrage by Ndigbo over their exclusion in federal appointments as “mere noise.”

Keyamo, had while defending President Muhammadu Buhari against the allegations of deliberate exclusion of the South-East in his political appointments so far, said those criticising the President “are political job seekers.”

The lawyer said the Ndigbo were the greatest beneficiaries of Buhari’s appointments so far, and had no justification to allege marginalisation.

His words: “We, the elite, should not be moved by this noise and selfish agenda. Imagine a whole ethnic group campaigning for a position! Initially, they said Chief of Staff, then Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

“Now, with all the noise they have been making since May 29, imagine if one person from that region is appointed to that position. That person will then see himself as a champion of his ethnic group and his kinsmen will descend on that office in the area of contracts and gifts.”

The group described Keyamo as “a desperate political sycophant who sees insulting the Ndigbo as the fastest way to get the attention of Buhari for consideration for a political appointment.”

A statement by the National President of the Ohanaeze Youth Congress, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said Keyamo only resorted to attacking the Ndigbo for cheap public notice.

The statement issued on Monday in Umuahia, Abia State, regretted that “the likes of Keyamo will shamelessly deny obvious truths for selfish interest and political patronage.”

The statement read in part, “Ordinarily, we would not like to take issues with the likes of Keyamo as doing so will dignify him but we only want to warn him against the dangers of fighting a whole tribe.

“It is a pity that a lawyer like Keyamo, who should know better, has decided to see nothing wrong with the deliberate exclusion of a whole geopolitical zone from the over 30 key political appointments so far made by Buhari since he came on board.”

The OYC warned Keyamo to tread with caution over his remarks on issues affecting the Igbo nation.

Source. - Punch
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by princeuj2015(m): 6:23am On Sep 08, 2015
Ok na, my fellow igbo brothers who are like a green snake on a green grass be forming One voice since the days of Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu. Once you clamp one of their members now others will deny their membership involvement unlike their Nothern brothers who speaks in one voice and stands to defend each other....I laugh out loud in french each time I hear my igbo brothers forming Ohaneze grin

9 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by madridguy(m): 6:25am On Sep 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by lincolnj88: 6:27am On Sep 08, 2015
Keyamo remains d biggest disgrace to urhobo nation ...thats tompolo gave him exile from warri and also promised to whip his ass with koboko anytime he comes back to warri

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by knuckbuck(m): 6:31am On Sep 08, 2015
We need to be careful with our utterances. We need to be even more careful attacking a race, tribe or religion.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by PentiumPro(f): 6:31am On Sep 08, 2015
pity that a lawyer like Keyamo, who should know better, has decided to see nothing wrong with the deliberate exclusion of a whole geopolitical zone from the over 30 key political appointments so far made by Buhari since he came on board.”

Yibbbowwws are cunningly dishonest. It's now a geopolitical zone and not Igbos.
In another breathe, one ediot will tell me that the Ohaneze leader is Igbo from Delta state.
Just like Northerners, they practice core Igbos and periphery Igbos.

13 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by Pavore9: 6:31am On Sep 08, 2015
Demands apology.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by MISSNORA(f): 6:32am On Sep 08, 2015
PentiumPro:
In another breathe, one ediot will tell me that the Ohaneze leader is Igbo from Delta state.
smh

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by IVORY2009(m): 6:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by seunmsg(m): 6:35am On Sep 08, 2015
How many days ultimatum was he given to render the apology? Funny set of people, apology ko, apologise ni. Keyamo has spoken the truth and nobody gives a damn how Ohaneze youths feels about it.

14 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by disloman(m): 6:36am On Sep 08, 2015
Una go wait till Jesus comes

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by QuotaSystem: 6:37am On Sep 08, 2015
Leave the messenger alone and address the message.

1. Is the NNPC GMD not Ibo?

2. Has Buhari made 1/10 of his appointments?

P.S This is not a clueless era, Tompolo is back in line.

lincolnj88:
Keyamo remains d biggest disgrace to urhobo nation ...thats tompolo gave him exile from warri and also promised to whip his ass with koboko anytime he comes back to warri

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by Realist5: 6:37am On Sep 08, 2015
For saying the truth abi... Truth is always very bitter especially from Backward thinkers.
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by GabrielSuswam(m): 6:37am On Sep 08, 2015
I Thought Igbos want Biafra na
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by ukaegbuikedia: 6:53am On Sep 08, 2015
the zoo must fall.....

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by lincolnj88: 6:56am On Sep 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

we d igbos in delta state has 8 local govts... What they are telling buhari is simple ..you are yet to appoint a south easterner ..do u get it..
I am fully blooded igbo and i am a niger delta , so u cant classify me as south easterner but a niger delta

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by donholy28(m): 7:00am On Sep 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Oga abeg which one be Ibo?
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by MrZachs(m): 7:04am On Sep 08, 2015
Oll dz Biafrauds' sef!!!
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by QuotaSystem: 7:04am On Sep 08, 2015
lincolnj88:
we d igbos in delta state has 8 local govts... What they are telling buhari is simple ..you are yet to appoint a south easterner ..do u get it..
I am fully blooded igbo and i am a niger delta , so u cant classify me as south easterner but a niger delta

1. Has Buhari made 1/10 of his appointments?

2. What was the SE investment in Buhari's presidency to warrant priority in key appointments?

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by lincolnj88: 7:07am On Sep 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

1. Has Buhari made 1/10 of his appointments?

2. What was the SE investment in Buhari's presidency to warrant priority in key appointments?
u just disgraced urself in a democratic settings..... I didnt vote now means there is nothing for me.... U have to be democratically enlightened and stop being sentimental all regions cant vote for u

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by BlackrulesDworld(m): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2015
Kayemo is a big fool.
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by QuotaSystem: 7:11am On Sep 08, 2015
lincolnj88:
u just disgraced urself in a democratic settings..... I didnt vote now means there is nothing for me.... U have to be democratically enlightened and stop being sentimental all regions cant vote for u

Nobody is saying there is nothing for you. You are just not a priority for early appointments, those that gave him their mandate are the priority.

7 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by lincolnj88: 7:17am On Sep 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Nobody is saying there is nothing for you. You are just not a priority for early appointments, those that gave him their mandate are the priority.
lol meaning some tribe are more important than the others ..... Justifying the bigot speech of 95% and 5% ..... then u will comeout and start castigating radio biafra when dey say these things

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by kogirodent: 7:30am On Sep 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

You are either a dishonest person or an illiterate. The geopolitical zone in question is the South-East, are u no longer aware it is a zone in this country? Secondly, talking about real and fake hausas, the "fake hausas" are actually people living in the far North who speak Hausa as a second langugage. You may think there are all Hausa people but most of them are not.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by QuotaSystem: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2015
lincolnj88:
lol meaning some tribe are more important than the others ..... Justifying the bigot speech of 95% and 5% ..... then u will comeout and start castigating radio biafra when dey say these things

Others are a priority for early key appointments not because they are more important, but because they gave PMB their mandate.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by kuuljay(m): 7:52am On Sep 08, 2015
there are enough positions to go round why the fight? but igbos thinking of SGF or CHIEF of staff is laughable grin grin grin grin secretary to the govt of a man you publicly call illiterate terrorist? ni nah!!! may be minister of special duties women affairs information intergovernmental affairs, igbos will do well there cool cool cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by lincolnj88: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Others are a priority for early key appointments not because they are more important, but because they gave PMB their mandate.
totally unacceptable from a democratic point of view so in terms of road construction people who gave mandate road should b construted first
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:04am On Sep 08, 2015
Lol. Funny. Freedom of speech is guaranteed as far as you don't infringe on the next person's right to same
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by shaddoww: 8:13am On Sep 08, 2015
And if he doesn't apologize?
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by walexzee11(m): 8:21am On Sep 08, 2015
Keyamo said the bitter truth.

The Ohane-wailers should wail more!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by vedaxcool(m): 8:28am On Sep 08, 2015
Chie the thing pain them ohhhh, Keyamo stopf am oh, I no be your flend again oh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments by obailala(m): 8:41am On Sep 08, 2015
And these jobless koprakpor social groups keep seeking relevance.... Can someone please remind me what ohaneze as a group has ever done for igbos?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan / Gej Denies Statement Credited To Him. / Gotv Has Been Off Signal For 5 Days With No Explanation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.