Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? (2996 Views)

Yoruba How Market Na............................ / Ndi Yoruba come Let's Know Who Don't Reply Northerners. If Attacked / Ndi Yoruba + Omo Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 08, 2015
Anytime you remind yorubas how backward and old Ibadan, Abeokuta and other brown roofs and mud dominated cities are they will tell you its because their ancestors started building cities when others were still living on trees.

Now my questions are these.

Did the old oyo build with corrugated zinc before the arrival of the whiteman

Did the old old people build with cement before the Europeans set foot in Africa

Why are the walls built of muds and the roofing of corrugated zincs

If yoruba towns and cities are to be as old as they are trying to make us believe here, the roofing will be of thatched while the walls of mud to show undiluted preservation of precolonial African building technologies and materials.

Why are the walls of the yoruba houses made of muds but the roofing of corrugated metal sheets

If you visit Enugu, Fegge in Onitsha and old Aba town and Umuahia you will see the deviation between pre colonial houses Igbos built, colonial houses Britian built and the current structures going in Igboland which are post colonial "Igbotic" deviating from the pre colonial, slightly from the colonial and arrival on their own architecture "Igbotic".

Below will be pictures of old Aba town, a colonial outpost and new Igbo buildings springing up just behind it, you can spot the differences.

if Yorubas think that Ibadan, Abeokuta et al are these old because they are trying to preserve their traditional architecture, we will tell them that their fore fathers never built with corrugated metal sheets or cement but thatch and muds.

If they think that by lying of protecting their antiquities for future generation, we will tell them that there is big lacuna between mud and corrugated metal sheets, between cement and thatch.

Have you seen a house built of cement but with thatched roofing - Noo - reason cement is younger than thatch in the Africa building society.

Have you seen a house built of mud but with corrugated metal sheets - yes - reason that corrugated metal sheets is younger than mud in the Africa building society, its easier to change the roof of a building than to change the walls.

Changing the walls mean demolishoin but changing the roof mean upgrading.

Yorubas upgraded their cities with corrugated metal sheets (oyibo material) but still retain the traditional building material of mud (Africa material) .

12 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by donholy28(m): 8:52am On Sep 08, 2015
Its as old as it is
Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 08, 2015
grin
I will tell you a bad story...

According to the late Akintola S L ..... Oduduwa had two daughters instead of one as widely believed.... This daughter was banished due to exhibition of unroyal conducts... She was banished into the evil forest which is today's Ibo land ...Anambra precisely ....
While in the bush she met with a gorilla who assisted her with fruits...and later started a love affair....which gave birth to the progenitors of the Ibo race....
As evidence the foreheads of Ibo people looks exactly like....of their progenitor..
Also their musical instruments all have woods after the order of their progenitor the gorilla famous for drumming on woods/trees...
These evidences were submitted by late S L Akintola to buttress his points regarding the origination of the eastern race..
I dare anyone to give us a evidence stating otherwise....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by PAINGAIN: 8:52am On Sep 08, 2015
Where r d pictures?
Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by asha80(m): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Anytime you remind yorubas how backward and old Ibadan, Abeokuta and other brown roofs and mud dominated cities are they will tell you its because their ancestors started building cities when others were still living on trees.

Did the old old people build with cement before the Europeans set foot in Africa

If yoruba towns and cities are to be as old as they are trying to make us believe here, the roofing will be of thatched while the walls of mud to show undiluted preservation of precolonial African building technologies and materials.

Why are the walls of the yoruba houses made of muds but the roofing of corrugated metal sheets

If you visit Enugu, Fegge in Onitsha and old Aba town and Umuahia you will see the deviation between pre colonial houses Igbos built, colonial houses Britian built and the current structures going in Igboland which are post colonial "Igbotic" deviating from the pre colonial, slightly from the colonial and arrival on their own architecture "Igbotic".

Below will be pictures of old Aba town, a colonial outpost and new Igbo buildings springing up just behind it, you can spot the differences.

if Yorubas think that Ibadan, Abeokuta et al are these old because they are trying to preserve their traditional architecture, we will tell them that their fore fathers never built with corrugated metal sheets or cement but thatch and muds.

If they think that by lying of protecting their antiquities for future generation, we will tell them that there is big lacuna between mud and corrugated metal sheets, between cement and thatch.

Have you seen a house built of cement but with thatched roofing - Noo - reason cement is younger than thatch in the Africa building society.

Have you seen a house built of mud but with corrugated metal sheets - yes - reason that corrugated metal sheets is younger than mud in the Africa building society, its easier to change the roof of a building than to change the walls.

Yorubas upgraded their cities with corrugated metal sheets (oyibo material) but still retain the traditional building material of mud (Africa material) .
why are you so much engaged in this type of thread these days?

5 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by MrRobot: 8:54am On Sep 08, 2015
Yoruba glorified cities villages are synonymous to backwardness

9 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 08, 2015
Check Colonial Aba in the from and Post colonial Aba at the foreground.

Aba persevered both colonial and open more areas to establish post colonial architectures.

This is old Aba town and other adjoining neighbourhoods

8 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 08, 2015
asha80:

There are people whose jobs are to tell the lies, there are people whose jobs are to do the debunking.

Their is no tribalism here, we are going to unravel somethings that will blow your mind.

God hate tribalists

9 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by eleko1: 9:01am On Sep 08, 2015
MAy God heal Ur erosion land

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 08, 2015
When I go to Fegge next week I will bring colonial and post colonial Fegge to you for us to know the disparity.

Our ancestors didn't build with corrugated metal sheets or cements, I still have my grandfathers ruins in our compound 100% made of mud, its still there in ruins. I will post pictures

5 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by majalisa(m): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2015
grin grin
angels09:
grin

According to the late Akintola S L ..... Oduduwa had two daughters instead of one as widely believed.... This daughter was banished due to exhibition of unroyal conducts... She was banished into the evil forest which is today's Ibo land ...Anambra precisely ....
While in the bush she met with a gorilla who assisted her with fruits...and later started a love affair....which gave birth to the progenitors of the Ibo race....
As evidence the foreheads of Ibo people looks exactly like....of their progenitor..
Also their musical instruments all have woods after the order of their progenitor the gorilla famous for drumming on woods/trees...
These evidences were submitted by late S L Akintola to buttress his points regarding the origination of the eastern race..
grin
angels09:
grin

3 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by pipeewa(m): 9:48am On Sep 08, 2015
@ op

I see you are a good student of history. But at times sentiments becloud one's sense of jugement if you allow it. Times we look away from facts just to support the line we throd. Try and check your mind and what you conceived when you were putting up these facts together and what you intend to achieve by every of your response. Do you want to spite the Yorubas? why? So you could become a hero of a sort? Do you want the Yorubas on this site respond to you and abuse and insult your tribe too just to be able to reply you well? How about doing a research on why the old houses were built with zinc and yet mud. Maybe you have not even been to these places before and see if there is development in other areas of same city before writing to condemn a whole city or language. Remember 'do to others what you want them do to you.

What can you do to make things better? Do you intend to invest in those places, bring the mud houses down and buld a new city with your technical know-how and sophistication?
if you can not achieve anything positive with your post i think it is good you dont write at all. the mind could be trained to achieve more positive things. Some people can engage you in your discourse hands down but what does it profit both of you. if you want to learn why those houses are like that seek to know by research and constructive and intelligent approach. You will be surprised what you can find.
thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by PentiumPro(f): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2015
BuddahMonk:
When I go to Fegge next week I will bring colonial and post colonial Fegge to you for us to know the disparity.

Our ancestors didn't build with corrugated metal sheets or cements, I still have my grandfathers ruins in our compound 100% made of mud, its still there in ruins. I will post pictures

Do you get paid for these nonsense you engage on NL? If the answer is no, they you are wasting away a huge chunk of your productive life.
Sad but true.

12 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by steppin: 9:55am On Sep 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Do you get paid for these nonsense you engage on NL? If the answer is no, they you are wasting away a huge chunk of your productive life.
Sad but true.
Do you also get paid for sticking your skinny butt into other people's lives?
Busybody!

7 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by PentiumPro(f): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2015
steppin:

[s]Do you also get paid for sticking your skinny butt into other people's lives?
Busybody![/s]
I honestly detest goats like you escaping out of the thin air quoting me. angry

9 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by seunny4lif(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2015
angels09:
grin grin grin

grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by steppin: 10:59am On Sep 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

I honestly detest goats like you escaping out of the thin air quoting me. angry
Urchin, the feeling is mutual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
It is the prerogative of Yorubas to try and rewrite history but God has bestowed it on us to expose their lies. What Yorubas gain from this illicit venture, HuangCheng don't know. Thank you BuddahMonk for bursting their lies once again. I have on many occasions busted the migrant Yorubas whose fathers MIGRATED from the evil forests of Osogbo and Ogbomosho but they claim to be Lagosians today.

God bless you more as you burst more of their distorted history for the benefit of uninformed Nigerians. God bless your hustle brother.
Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by OduaVanguard: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Sad but true.

He needs a real job, sharply sharply, so that he can move out of his mother's house. At 50-years plus he still lives with his mom, no wife, isn't gainfully employed, and smokes riffa all day.

5 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by jaymichael(m): 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
@OP, I think the brown roofs of Ibadan shouldn't be your problem as you are not from there, you are not even Yoruba. Even if the Cocoa house and all the houses in Ibadan are all built with "brown roof", It has no effect upon your life negatively or positively. Your concern should be how to save your people at Obosi from EROSION and GULLY.
http://www.senate.gov.ng/en/home-english/9-thesenate/plenary-reports/626-flood-and-erosion-disaster-in-akwa-isuanaocha-obosi-other-communities
Channel your energies there, that is where it is needed.

10 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
jaymichael:
@OP, I think the brown roofs of Ibadan shouldn't be your problem as you are not from there, you are not even Yoruba. Even if the Cocoa house and all the houses in Ibadan are all built with "brown roof", It has no effect upon your life negatively or positively. Your concern should be how to save your people at Obosi from EROSION and GULLY.
http://www.senate.gov.ng/en/home-english/9-thesenate/plenary-reports/626-flood-and-erosion-disaster-in-akwa-isuanaocha-obosi-other-communities
Channel your energies there, that is where it is needed.

On the contrary, you should worry about the level of erosion in the SW especially in Akure Ondo state, Ado-Ekiti, and worse of all Yoruba ancestral capital Ile-Ife. Living in denial cannot help the Yoruba race.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2702371_urbangully_jpeg1498c1c11c3568071b0e38c234c239b1
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2702398_osun_jpegf060af57de74f2b64beef02565282d6b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2702309_866359ibadanjpg5c2714d71a450f0536627abbdcc8f2d5_jpeg0f350601a2e206add410984d95711204
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2702311_866360ibadan5jpg1e128b030094b9f7714b996505fe4d26_jpeg1c5ac96a6ee6c8ac58401de731638812
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2702324_apetebridge_jpegcaf5f0b04671222d7244df73f20b1bf7
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2702350_pic34anerosionsiteonerioroadinekiti_jpeg6ed2e9fd48f66ccad0b0f2208601c2be

http://www.slideshare.net/AlexanderDecker/impact-of-erosion-on-street-roads-a-case-study-of-sijuwade-area-akure-ondo-state-nigeria
http://www.theijes.com/papers/v2-i3/Part.Vol.%202.3%20(2)/M023075083.pdf
http://internationaljournalofresearch.org/index.php/JSMaP/article/view/1876
http://file.scirp.org/Html/6-8501054_31521.htm

6 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by kernel501: 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
asha80:

In spite of the very fact that am not on your side, l respect your maturity towards replying the OP.
Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by pipeewa(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
@ jaymichael and huangcheng.

Yes this is what all of us should worry about. The bad state of our roads. The dilapidated school buildings in our cities, towns and villages. The failed institutions both home and community. The epidemic in our land called corruption. The brain drain in our schools. The trend of failed governments we have had since independence. The fearof the unknown I mean: who else should we vote for as president? We can't even point to anyone out of the rest now. Imagine Buhari presented 33 names for ministerial list and 3 of them came clean of corruption charges. We should be worried if our current youths are ready to take up the responsibility of good leadership. At least youths have been tried before at different levels of government and they failed. We should be worried and reason together. We she stop calling names and passing bucks. What would digging through Yoruba or Igbo origin do to help us. What we have on ground is how to progress be better and flourish in all endeavours.

3 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by kernel501: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
pipeewa:
@ op

I see you are a good student of history. But at times sentiments becloud one's sense of jugement if you allow it. Times we look away from facts just to support the line we tread. Try and check your mind and what you conceived when you were putting up these facts together and what you intend to achieve by every of your response. Do you want to spite the Yorubas? why? So you could become a hero of a sort? Do you want the Yorubas on this site respond to you and abuse and insult your tribe too just to be able to reply you well? How about doing a research on why the old houses were built with zinc and yet mud. Maybe you have not even been to these places before and see if there is development in other areas of same city before writing to condemn a whole city or language. Remember 'do to others what you want them do to you.

What can you do to make things better? Do you intend to invest in those places, bring the mud houses down and buld a new city with your technical know-how and sophistication?
if you can not achieve anything positive with your post i think it is good you dont write at all. the mind could be trained to achieve more positive things. Some people can engage you in your discourse hands down but what does it profit both of you. if you want to learn why those houses are like that seek to know by research and constructive and intelligent approach. You will be surprised what you can find.
thank you.

I attack Yorubas when they attack Igbos falsefully, but after going through your reply... I saw maturity written all over it.

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Sad but true.
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by OduaVanguard: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
@huangcheng: If we should begin to compare the magnitude of erosion in both regions na Una go tire coz Google has enough pictures brekete to give you all the crown. Instead of you to caution and find better work for your jobless kinsman here acting a fool you are here egging him on.

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by zimoni(f): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
You opened this thread 08 51am, did you see a Yoruba in your deam ogbeni buddawanene?

Thought you said you had quit tribalism?

God have mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
BuddahMonk:
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks brother don't mind them when the attack enter their marrow the will start preaching for peace Ndi are, we will continue to expose them

1 Like

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Environer: 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shofisticated red rusty roof zone with shofisticated abobaku cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by raumdeuter: 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
angels09:
grin

S.L Akintola A wise man, A custodian of history. No wonder you were marked for death by those Ibio coupist

Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland

Akintola sun re o. Ajalagbe omo kuloodo, Yaagbo yaaju omo kara

O tun di arinako O di oju ala

4 Likes

Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by Fash20: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
BuddahMonk:

amadioha will answer than question better. Nama
Re: Ndi Yoruba How Old Is Ibadan, Abeokuta Et Al ??? by funkybully(f): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
I pity yolobas. Poverty is dancing azonto in South West. Their young men are wasting away in nurtw tout work. They inherit mud house from their parents n do nothing about it, they marry n die in mud house no brown zinc houses not good for pig farming.

The bungalow my grand parents bequeted to my father has been modernised with long span n toilets per rooms, while my father built his two storey upstairs by d bungalow.

Now we are trying to change do roof of d two storey to step tiles roofs to conform to modernity.

My land portion is already witnessing an uptair of four flats. That's what we call progressing, not yoloba type.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Notorious City Known For Money Rituals In Nigeria / Why Tinubu Is After Me-bukola Saraki / Real Reason Why We Yorubas Hate Goodluck Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.