Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria (67502 Views)

See What A Sage Yoruba Man Wrote About Biafra, Nigeria And Amalgamation / 25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians / 54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by oshaosha2014(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
He spoke the truth. The truth really hurts. Don't we import everything in this country!! We import help, we import pity, we import bailout... What don't we import. We can't do anything for ourself. Don't castigate him. That's the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by SinghInLagos: 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
This is really an embarrass situation. That guy is not suppose to write like that because it is not correct or respectful or decent of him. I want to let people know that not all Indian people's are like this. Majority of us like Nigeria and don't have the kind of mind this guy has shown. Please don't use one man post to judge whole country of India. I apologize for the way this guy write it I don't even know who he is - he look like young immature .
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
musKeeto:
What's wrong with the comment he made?
I'm surprised you see nothing wrong with those comments. Yes, we import a good deal of the petrol and diesel we consume and if there is any Nigerian who does not have a problem with that there must be something wrong with him. But on a logical level how does that justify his comment that there is nothing worth bringing back from Nigeria? Can that statement be true of any place on earth?

Beyond the level of logic, that comment betrays a deep-seated dislike for the country he actually LIVES in and its people. That much is betrayed by this comment about importing intelligence even though that was in no way relevant to the matter of his bringing something special and even though there is no country without expatriates in some important positions.

I'm no knee-jerk patriot and I'm as embarrassed about the state of Nigeria as I believe you are, but this man's comments were asinine.

2 Likes

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by AfroKnight: 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
atlwireles:

India is as corrupt as Nigeria. It never stopped their upward mobility in business and technology. Let's stop using corruption as a causation for the madness in this country. Enough of that nonsense.

Okay what's the cause of the madness? Are you saying we are all unintelligent? That's impossible.

We have many intelligent minds in government but corruption makes them take decisions that are stùpid. Everybody wants to be super rich in a short time.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by cannanland(m): 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
He dey craze niiii,wetin he kon find come our country then......he for Don stay for dem country if they have everything the need,,,IDIOT Indian
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by atlwireles: 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
AfroKnight:

Okay what's the cause of the madness? Are you saying we are all unintelligent? That's impossible.

We have many intelligent minds in government but corruption makes them take decisions that are stùpid. Everybody wants to be super rich in a short time.

That right there is the problem, seeking value without any productivity. Is not corruption, but an entitlement mentality.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by SinghInLagos: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
If the op willing please to give me contact information of the boss so I can make contact and rectify this embarrass situation.
Regards
Singh
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
dtjns37:
he said " in this country nothing worth bringing back, they import everything". I think that's a myopic comment.
also, see d comment abt us importing intelligence.

Ur story don enter lindaikeji oo lol
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by EasternLionn: 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rotimi47:
Truth is bitter and as such you can type your gibberish and continue to eat your kolanut while stepping down with your local palm wine; I have lived in the east and there ain't anything you can tell me about your people that I don't know. Omugo buruku omo olori Pele be.

Hehehe, oh Boi goansidan.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by PrettySpicey(f): 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
Serves Nigeria right! Unless we stop feeling and acting inferior this will continue. Nonsense!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Bigsteveg(m): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
dtjns37:
he said " in this country nothing worth bringing back, they import everything". I think that's a myopic comment.
also, see d comment abt us importing intelligence.

He's right dude.......he's damn right
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
see ourselves.... see yab!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by enomakos(m): 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chiaka:

Rape is very predominant there also!
nigerians does not rape?
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Based on pictures I've seen and news emanating from India, it is the dirtiest and most unlivable place in the world. Only Americans, Europeans and couple of other Nationals like Singapore, Japan and China can write thrash about Nigeria because they are better off but not hungry tiny d*cked Indians.
you regularly call indigenous multi-stories 'igbotic' and condemn people for having their own architecture, so you shouldn't be surprised when he too denigrates what we create (or lack there of). You have even lamented about products manufactured in Abia
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by betty202020(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
Kudos to the indian. We import toothpick, cotten bud, rice, tomato, clothes, even whot we play. if nigeria should stop importation today, china economy will not remain the same. if nigeria stop drug importation, india will beg for food soon nigeria will import crude oil.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Rexnegro(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
musKeeto:
What's wrong with the comment he made?
It is a bitter insult but its the truth anyway.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by thatiboboy: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Based on pictures I've seen and news emanating from India, it is the dirtiest and most unlivable place in the world. Only Americans, Europeans and couple of other Nationals like Singapore, Japan and China can write thrash about Nigeria because they are better off but not hungry tiny d*cked Indians.
India is a productive country my friend! They produce a lot. Medicine, software, weapon, nuclear etc. technology wise they are ahead of s. Africa. They have lots of companies here into production. Nigerians in India are internet fraudstars. Once you are able to climb up in Nigeria you look at it as an opportunity to milk the country and not to solve problems cos we're not seeing ourselves like brothers and sisters. Nigeria has no business importing fuel no matter the cost benefits. Again most black nations have the same problem of technical know how. Ask yourself which black nation is developed, not talking of mixed.

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ooshinibos: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
is he lying , lets be honest , we say or do worst to ourselves .
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
For your mind ... You are are an Indian ..
SinghInLagos:
This is really an embarrass situation. That guy is not suppose to write like that because it is not correct or respectful or decent of him. I want to let people know that not all Indian people's are like this. Majority of us like Nigeria and don't have the kind of mind this guy has shown. Please don't use one man post to judge whole country of India. I apologize for the way this guy write it I don't even know who he is - he look like young immature .
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by datigbogirl: 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chiaka:
If we are frank! He said the truth.! so we should rather think to change the mentality by putting things right. Even revisiting the expatriate employment. All sort of persons come under the guise of expatriate whether they qualify or not. Have even seen fresh school leavers been employed as expatriate some people with little or no work experience in the area they are manning are also employed expatriate, all sort of abnormalities happen here!

I swear down you're right! And it all boils down to inferiority complex dat has ridden us...I go to the supermarket and club and you need to see how people shake wen dey see chinco and lebanese...some of them can't even complete a sentence properly and it's ds same mentality our employers employ with....now Jigawa State government is planning to import Korean doctors to fill d void whereas we have enough docs willing to work but with no jobs....I've been privileged to work with these imported doctors and some of them are not even worthy of being called Nurses in dr country yet they come here, chop our money and spit on our face at d same time....

The government also import these expatriates so as to inflate the money they claim to be paying them since it's "expatriate". Let's just keep fooooling ourselves jarey.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
PrettySpicey:
Serves Nigeria right! Unless we stop feeling and acting inferior this will continue. Nonsense!

She's ooooouuuttt!!! shocked
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by franklingud(m): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Lol!!... what a bitter pill to swallow...
#TruthHurts!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by iamord(m): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
betty202020:
Kudos to the indian. We import toothpick, cotten bud, rice, tomato, clothes, even whot we play. if nigeria should stop importation today, china economy will not remain the same. if nigeria stop drug importation, india will beg for food soon nigeria will import crude oil.
well India won't beg because your people will fall sick. and you will have no choice than to end your unnecessary strike. Prices might even go High so you will end up paying more. That's a win win for them. That's because India and China have created a system, while Nigeria has been comfortable playing in the system they created. . If Nigeria wants to stop that dependency it starts now but will take 10 years or more to fully see the benefits. Same goes to all of Africa
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by InMyOpinion(m): 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
[size=15pt]Indians of all people...ishhhhh sad[/size]
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Obynolee(f): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
We caused it... undecided

Indians are not too smart yet Nigerian companies pay them well undecided
The guy said the truth, does saying the truth amount to insult?
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by dailywealth1967: 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
He spoke the truth.Let's produce to meet local consumption & export excess.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by AzontoGhost(m): 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chiaka:

suffering and smiling embarassed
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by forgiveness: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rotimi47:
Not true bro, I work in a multinational which consists of a lot of expatriate staff but I was next in line to one before; but by God grace and hard work, I now head that department and I have expatriates working under me. We need to know that every country in the world have intelligent/people with low intelligence, all humans have different level of intelligent quotient and we just have to develop ours. Nigerian are said to be one of the most intelligent people in the United States & to a larger extent the world: this is based on research made in the US.

@bold is the point but is the government and Nigerians ready to put to use what these intelligent ones have got to offer?
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by flokii: 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
SHAME on everyone...
yet some will still protest...
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ibullem(m): 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
JuanDeDios:

I'm surprised you see nothing wrong with those comments. Yes, we import a good deal of the petrol and diesel we consume and if there is any Nigerian who does not have a problem with that there must be something wrong with him. But on a logical level how does that justify his comment that there is nothing worth bringing back from Nigeria? Can that statement be true of any place on earth?

Beyond the level of logic, that comment betrays a deep-seated dislike for the country he actually LIVES in and its people. That much is betrayed by this comment about importing intelligence even though that was in no way relevant to the matter of his bringing something special and even though there is no country without expatriates in some important positions.

I'm no knee-jerk patriot and I'm as embarrassed about the state of Nigeria as I believe you are, but this man's comments were asinine.

maybe, just maybe we need such asinine comments to bring us back from limbo to the stark reality of the colossal mess we are in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
We caused it... undecided

Indians are not too smart yet Nigerian companies pay them well undecided

That simply means they're smart. Very smart!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chiaka:

Rape and jungle justice are very common here too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Atiku’s Wife Jennifer Relocates As Ex-VP Takes Fourth Wife, New Son / Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara / Iara Oshiomhole Looks Pregnant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.