Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Mary's Command For Catholics - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary's Command For Catholics (57064 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Messages From The Lord For Catholics Worshiping Idols (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by eepa: 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
VLadipo:

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Luke 1:41-48
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Yes all scripture is inspire by God alright; but they serve different purposes as seen in the passages above.

Also, it was Elisabeth that spoke after she was filled with Holy Ghost and not Mary.

Mary never asked that proclaiming her blessedness be made part of our praise, worship and prayers. By reading these passages time and again, we already proclaim her blessedness.

Is that what you think.you should probably go back to the angels salutation if you do not know where the holy spirit was said will overshadow mary and she will conceive and bare a son.more over she was already carrying the child Jesus when she got to elizabeth's house.hence she was already overshadowed by the holy spirit.God honoured her first,n the honour due to her.we should continue to honour her.Her through whom mankind received salvation.as catholics we recognise this even if other Christian denomination may not.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2015
eepa:

Is that what you think.you should probably go back to the angels salutation if you do not know where the holy spirit was said will overshadow mary and she will conceive and bare a son.more over she was already carrying the child Jesus when she got to elizabeth's house.hence she was already overshadowed by the holy spirit.God honoured her first,n the honour due to her.we should continue to honour her.[b]Her through whom mankind received salvation.[/b]as catholics we recognise this even if other Christian denomination may not.

Mankind received salvation through Mary?
Come on, that's heretic!
Mankind receive salvation through Jesus Christ.
Please mention one instance where our Lord Jesus Christ or His Apostles honoured or proclaimed Mary's blessedness before, during or after prayers or at any point in time. Do you know more than them?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by eepa: 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
VLadipo:

Mankind received salvation through Mary?
Come on, that's heretic!
Mankind receive salvation through Jesus Christ.
Please mention one instance where our Lord Jesus Christ or His Apostles honoured or proclaimed Mary's blessedness before, during or after prayers or at any point in time. Do you know more than them?

Jesus is our salvation.he came through mary.logic tells us mary bore our salvation.You cannot dissociate mother from sonn you can not say Jesus seize to be mary's child after his birth.you say you only proclaim are blessedness when a passage is read.the passage read henceforth,I.e from that moment all generation should call her blessed when the passage made no mention of in reading this passage you proclaim her blessed.you should look up the meaning of blessed.

I will like you to too mention where Jesus or his apostles said or did otherwise.

If you do not honour want to honour the mother of the Lord.Do not.but remember the fourth commandment.Jesus honoured her.even God honoured her first finding favour in her.

Been heretic is given undue honour to men and not counting the mother of our Lord worthy of honour.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
eepa:

Jesus is our salvation.he came through mary.logic tells us mary bore our salvation.You cannot dissociate mother from sonn you can not say Jesus seize to be mary's child after his birth.you say you only proclaim are blessedness when a passage is read.the passage read henceforth,I.e from that moment all generation should call her blessed when the passage made no mention of in reading this passage you proclaim her blessed.you should look up the meaning of blessed.

I will like you to too mention where Jesus or his apostles said or did otherwise.

If you do not honour want to honour the mother of the Lord.Do not.but remember the fourth commandment.Jesus honoured her.even God honoured her first finding favour in her.

Been heretic is given undue honour to men and not counting the mother of our Lord worthy of honour.
The opening post says it all.
Mary commanded us to do whatever Jesus tells us.
And Jesus did not at anytime tell us to proclaim Mary's blessedness in our prayers or tell her to pray for us.
Please go back and read the OP.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by eepa: 12:03am On Sep 22, 2015
VLadipo:

The opening post says it all.
Mary commanded us to do whatever Jesus tells us.
And Jesus did not at anytime tell us to proclaim Mary's blessedness in our prayers or tell her to pray for us.
Please go back and read the OP.

I am quite familiar with the those words and those words were said to have been addressed to the servant of couples whose wedding feast she and Jesus and the apostles attended at the wedding feast at cana.now my question to is did scripture not ask us to proclaim her blessedness.yes it does.the reason for pointing out luke 1:48 it explicitly tell us it is in scripture to honour mary.

Jesus said a lot of things in scripture and he never said do not honour mary mother.Even on the cross he remember her.whether or not you do.she will be honoured through all generations.I rest my case
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 10:10am On Sep 22, 2015
eepa:

I am quite familiar with the those words and those words were said to have been addressed to the servant of couples whose wedding feast she and Jesus and the apostles attended at the wedding feast at cana.now my question to is did scripture not ask us to proclaim her blessedness.yes it does.the reason for pointing out luke 1:48 it explicitly tell us it is in scripture to honour mary.

Jesus said a lot of things in scripture and he never said do not honour mary mother.Even on the cross he remember her.whether or not you do.she will be honoured through all generations.I rest my case

Honouring Mary to the point of worship is living in error.
Jesus did not give Mary any special status.
Luke 8:20-21
20 And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hallelujah!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2015
Praise the LORD!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
Thank you Holy Spirit
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Thank You Jesus
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2015
Thank You LORD
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Happy Sunday
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:04am On Sep 28, 2015
Good morning
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
Thank God for the day.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2015
Hallelujah!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Goodnight
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2015
Good morning
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Praise the LORD!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Happy Indepence Holiday.
Hallelujah!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2015
Good morning
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
Good evening
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good evening..
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:22am On Oct 04, 2015
Happy Sunday
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Good evening
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Goodnight.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2015
Good morning
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Good afternoon
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:08am On Oct 06, 2015
Good morning
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
Good evening
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2015
Good morning
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good evening
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2015
Good morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (37) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) / Ese Walter Visits COZA In Disguise, Recounts Experience / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.