Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics (31732 Views)

Nigerian Athlete Blessing Okagbare Breaks 22-year-old African Record / Blessing Okagbare's Wig Falls Off During Leap (Photos, Video) / Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by ylaa(f): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2015
HMMMMM
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by sukkot: 9:40am On Sep 09, 2015
oh word ?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by walemadu: 9:40am On Sep 09, 2015
her own is too much jor
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by davido101(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2015
No body is bigger than Nigeria... It's my birthday 10000likes won't be a bad idea

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by mayorjosh(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2015
I thought she was a good girl

But with what am hearin nw....that's bad

Imagine ditchin ur country
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:42am On Sep 09, 2015
Why must she lie. This is big slap on Musiwa and the Country of Western Nigeria. Lol.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 09, 2015
Transgressions deserve punishments. I see no wrongdoing here.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Sagamite(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2015
Sick, moronic country!

Instead of the moronic fuuktard called Solomon Ogba that has destroyed our athletics to be sacked for bringing the sports down in our country, we are allowing this cretin to punish the only star we have left in the sport.

Yet, we will continue having this foool called Solomon Ogba in charge.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by shurlermoz(m): 9:46am On Sep 09, 2015
And this AFN president was on channels yesterday morning telling a lot of obvious lies and denying every allegation, even confusing the interviewers with his back and forth statement.

Government needs to pull out totally from sports and let the private sector take full control, it's because they are wacking free money that why they can afford to be irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Bangx(m): 9:46am On Sep 09, 2015
Sm pot bellied old men go jst dey make rubbish decision...anyways dey no need medal na money deey wan chop

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by akinsmyk(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Chanchit:
Instead of this fools to get her a psychologist, they are banning her. She's disappointed with her last performance, nd she won't be happy jubilating with an AAG gold medal which she's sure of winning. Maybe they are reminding her its time to go run for the Canada or Uk, there are many countries monitoring this situation I'm sure, and I would be happy if she joins any of them. Steeewpeed foools.

This was how NFA handled Enyeama, they are never sensitive. Someone who had done lots in the nation's color is just treated as poo where they are expected to show maximum understanding and care. These associations or federation been forming to be disciplined...they're such hypocrites. In Okagbere's case, there might not be any Carl Ikeme. I pity those fools. Maybe they never knew these athletes can b emotional, has feelings, has reasons for doing things and may also be stable and unstable psychologically.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by NCP: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2015
Chanchit:
Instead of this fools to get her a psychologist, they are banning her. She's disappointed with her last performance, nd she won't be happy jubilating with an AAG gold medal which she's sure of winning. Maybe they are reminding her its time to go run for the Canada or Uk, there are many countries monitoring this situation I'm sure, and I would be happy if she joins any of them. Steeewpeed foools.

@bolded, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by bejeria101(m): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2015
Here we go again,naija with her use and dump mentality,do u have a replacement for her?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2015
They shld ask her husband. undecided

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Ossaifamous(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2015
Banning her is a very good decision, she should not be greater than the whole nation
Others were before her, and many others shall rise after all.
If we nor win medals now, we go win some other time

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Sagamite(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2015
safarigirl:
She should be banned. Why tell lies? Does C. Ronaldo resort to lies to skip obligations? It's only in Nigeria such unethical behaviour is condoned and encouraged. Make we go mark attendance, no wahala, abi Blessing been no dey London in 2012? She win medal? She can sit home next year and watch others in Rio. And please, she can't make the US team

Only in Nigeria will incompetent foools continue holding their position while punishing and banning the sports people they are destroying their potential.

I pray this woman dumps Nigeria and elects to participate for another country like some of our other sensible Nigerian athletes have done.

Then we will see what she is really capable of.

While we keep the dumb fuuktards like Solomon Ogba to continue looting and keep on destroying everything.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by chizzy082: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2015
Who is then going to run for us
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by kelvyn7: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2015
This is sad mehhhn cry
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by jamalchance(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2015
NA DEM SABI...... WHO GO COME RUN IN HER PLACE ..#UNNECCESARYSHAKARA
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by missKiffy(f): 9:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Our only chance of a medal has been banned sad

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Victorate001: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Very good opinions from you all that will never count. I will rather you stop insulting yourselves over situations that aint making any difference.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2015
Chanchit:

I sincerely have no idea...can one switch countries in Track and Fields, just like that?

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2015
LMAyedun:
Good one!
The problem with most of our sport men and women is that they represent the country with the mindset of what they can get (Money-wish) and not for the love of the country (patriotism)

A real country (a nation) inspires love in its people....true story
With Nigeria it is like a business deal, not patriotism, all the time

Wonder what this means? Something must be wrong somewhere.....why patriotism does not exist, but pocket filling..everywhere...from politicians to athletes to everyone

Is this country even real?
Hard to love a sham shaa
SMH
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2015
missKiffy:
Our only chance of a medal has been banned sad

Before her there were many, after her, there will be more...
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by sprinter101(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2015
I am in support with her. Nigeria don't take good care of their athlete .my elder brother came for this iaaf qualifier held in warri.he was suppose to b paid 2mil,but was paid 900k and was made to sign that he collect d 2mill,he said her will neva represent Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by demolinka(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2015
At this level she should really be choosing her races, but she didn't have to give d flimsy excuse. The diamond league prize is way better than anything the AAG or NSC can afford to give her. #whonolikebetterthing

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2015
She would run for Canada, Greenland or one of those European countries that need track and field athletes.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by safarigirl(f): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2015
Sagamite:

Only in Nigeria will incompetent foools continue holding their position while punishing and banning the sports people they are destroying their potential.

I pray this woman dumps Nigeria and elects to participate for another country like some of our other sensible Nigerian athletes have done.

Then we will see what she is really capable of.

While we keep the dumb fuuktards like Solomon Ogba to continue looting and keep on destroying everything.

how can there be any change? Do you have a Sports minister yet? Nothing will change for at least another 1 year. Let her go, let everybody go so we can restructure everything
Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by kodlins(f): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2015
safarigirl:
She should be banned. Why tell lies? Does C. Ronaldo resort to lies to skip obligations? It's only in Nigeria such unethical behaviour is condoned and encouraged. Make we go mark attendance, no wahala, abi Blessing been no dey London in 2012? She win medal? She can sit home next year and watch others in Rio. And please, she can't make the US team

Nigeria does not take of their own. Imagine what would happen if she does not take time off to treat herself. Remember Sam Okwaraji and others.

I wish she will go to another country and run for them. That way, Nigeria must have shot herself in the leg

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by ichidodo: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2015
And we just saw a Nigeria Propaganda video clip of her celebrating a victory with the Nigerian flag.... Guess who's laughing now.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics by boujaye: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2015
Funjosh:

Nobody is Idolizing Blessing, you just point out another problem with those f**ls managing our sport, they give less and expecting much.

quarraption was holding her legs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Footballers Halloween Costumes : Luis Garcia & Evra Scares / Anthony Joshua Given 24 Hours To Respond To $50m Offer To Fight Wilder / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Retires From Football On His 35th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.