Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce (2107 Views)

TRENDING PHOTO: Lady Whose Pant Was Removed By ”pastor” In Church Finally React / 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary / Dwarf Couple Wed In Ebonyi At Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by cbrass(m): 5:15am On Sep 09, 2015
Pope Francis announced new procedures on Tuesday to make it easier for Roman Catholics to obtain marriage annulments, a change intended to streamline a process long criticised by many Catholics as too cumbersome, complicated and expensive, The New York Times reports.

Under the new rules, the process will be much faster for cases in which a couple is not contesting the annulment.

Such cases had required two separate judgments from a diocesan tribunal. Now, the process, overseen by local bishops, will require only one judgment. Moreover, the new rules require that the hearing process be held within 30 days of application, eliminating a longer waiting period.

Francis is also instructing Catholic bishops to be more welcoming to divorced or separated Catholics “who have abandoned the church.” Local dioceses will be asked to establish commissions to reach out to couples seeking annulments.

Francis outlined the new rules in two papal letters, known in Latin as Motu Proprio, or personal administrative decrees. In speeding up the annulment process, Francis is trying to make the church more merciful and responsive to the needs of Catholics, yet he does not want to appear to be encouraging divorce.

Francis wrote that his new rules “do not favor the nullity of marriages, but the expedition of trials, as well as a just simplification.”

The Catholic Church is a misogynist tribe that officially defines women as inferior. This new supposedly forward-thinking chieftain has no…

Divorce is a topic that has long splintered many of the Catholic faithful from the church. Under church law, marriage is indissoluble, and divorce is not recognized. Yet many Catholics are divorced, especially in the Western world, and the divide between reality on the ground and church dogma has alienated many.

Many Catholics had been watching closely to see how Francis would address the issue of annulments as part of a broader debate about whether the church should allow divorced and remarried Catholics to receive the sacraments such as communion.

The church has long offered an annulment process in which a marriage can be declared invalid if the husband or wife can prove the union failed to meet certain requirements. In August 2014, Francis appointed a commission to study the best way to overhaul the annulment process.

The new rules allow local bishops to establish tribunals to hear annulment cases. The tribunals should consist of three members, ideally clerics, although the rules allow a bishop to appoint up to two lay members of the diocese to a tribunal.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pope-francis-makes-divorce-easier-for-catholics/
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by akee01(m): 5:17am On Sep 09, 2015
really?
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by correctyourself(m): 5:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Its only those that are not dedicated to their families that would appreciate it.
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by chemmerfrank(m): 5:32am On Sep 09, 2015
Issokay
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by ibkgab001: 5:33am On Sep 09, 2015
None of my BIZ " zipping BABYoku"
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Sommyangel(f): 5:33am On Sep 09, 2015
Ett tongue
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by NifemiOlu(m): 5:41am On Sep 09, 2015
Following...
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Cpumping(m): 5:48am On Sep 09, 2015
dot
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 09, 2015
Don't be deceived. It's not going to be as easy as the reports tend to portray. Catholic Church is still a conservative organisation and besides, I don't see any priest who would easily dissolve a marriage.
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:12am On Sep 09, 2015
If Jesus didn't support divorce, why should Pope support it? Is he greater than Jesus?
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 09, 2015
Divorce is not the way foward. I understand that in marriages, sh*ts is bound to pop off, but they should be managed by the couple.
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 09, 2015
K
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 09, 2015
There are biblical standards, yes. But we can't close our eyes to the fact that times have changed.

Anything that doesn't get modified with the changing times will become outdated.

However, I opine that whoever seeks divorce should do it in the open, in front of the witnesses who agreed to the union. On the altar and with the priest who joined them.
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by cbrass(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
embarassed
Sommyangel:
Ett tongue

You are beautiful

May I know you?
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by cbrass(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
twoondei:
There are biblical standards, yes. But we can't close our eyes to the fact that times have changed.

Anything that doesn't get modified with the changing times will become outdated.

However, I opine that whoever seeks divorce should do it in the open, in front of the witnesses who agreed to the union. On the altar and with the priest who joined them.

Are you a Catholic? undecided
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by MrsChima(f): 7:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
If Jesus didn't support divorce, why should
Pope support it? Is he greater than Jesus?

The bible indicates there are biblical reasons for dissolvement of marriage.
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Shebarh(f): 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
I don't believe it
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by MrsChima(f): 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you are not living according to God's purpose of marriage then you needs to divotce. Simple.

People won't divorce because they are afraid of what others are saying about them but guess what they are talking about you WHILE you are married.

What is the difference?
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by cyprus000: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
MrsChima:

The bible indicates there are biblical reasons for dissolvement of marriage.
[size=13pt]
Only infidelity.
[/size]
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by MrsChima(f): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Only infidelity.
[/size]

Okay Jesus.
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by cyprus000: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2015
MrsChima:

Okay Jesus.
[size=13pt] Okay mary magdalene. [/size]
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by MrsChima(f): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Okay mary magdalene.
[/size]

And son. lipsrsealed
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by MrsChima(f): 11:49am On Sep 10, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Okay mary magdalene.
[/size]

Tell her I said hello! wink
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by cyprus000: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
MrsChima:

Tell her I said hello! wink
[size=13pt]
hello mary magdalene. Mary magdalene(mrschima) said I should say "hello" to you.
[/size]
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by cyprus000: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
MrsChima:

And son. lipsrsealed
[size=13pt] E be lyk say una no get old man picture for una parlour abitongue [/size]
Re: Catholic Church Finally Endorse Divorce by Olivers2J(f): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
Odikwa egwu!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Ladies Likes It When Guys Fights Over Them / Should I Forgive Him? / Where Does The Word "Blockos" Originate From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.