Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies (767 Views)

15 Seemingly Minor Things That Mean The World To Women / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / Why Seemingly Good Married Men Cheat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2009
This articles is to caution single ladies above 30 yrs that you fret not, find out there is alws a blessing when there is delay either caused by u or some circumstances. So if u r a single lady in this category and wanting to settle down, the following princinples will help:

avoid anxietyand impatience, making a home is diffrent from just getting married. If u want to be happy throughout life, be patient to sort things out. To rush is not alws better

Identify the possible reasons for the delays and repackage yourselfs Sometimes, it is academics pursuit, overestimations and expectations, disappointments and spiritual undertones

Wise up: this period is dangerous, Dont just be allowed urself to be used as a sex tool by men, zip up. for the fact that u r 30 doesnt mean u dont have a target. dont sell yourself. focus home making not partnerships

go for a potential husband materials, not a player. You may need to change ur associations, where u go and your ideology.

Depend on God and pray. Marriage is a dark market. You will need the serchlight of God to know who is who.

Lastly, know that there is a hope of a tree if it be cut down, it shall spring forth again.

Wish all of u well
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2009
focus home making not partnerships -> It's sad that someone wud ask a woman to focus on homemaking and not partnerships, very sad!
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by omofola(f): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2009
@poster

I agree with you, tell em
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by Druss(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2009
my only advice is to have a strong belief in yourself - they are countless women who have poor self image cos of this.
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by ife3166(f): 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2009
i feel no pity for these babes.after they fell for d evil in men.and so they are facing d music
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by topup: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2009
That's a cheerful post. I also believe that, they should be confident in themselves, and accept that blesings don't all appear the same.

Depend on God's guidance but appreciate that you are mature enough to make your own decisions. If you feel stuck in a rut, change things around. Be honest with yourself, your 9-5 job and retiring to your bed to sleep will probably not find you a partner, I unlike the original topic, believe that you should just spend time refining yourself, not simply homemaking and I think friendships and partnerships are just as important as each other.

Surely when you're a wonderful person to be around people won't be able to notice this. Meeting new people via existing friends also help, I know of people who had mutual friends who introduced them, not for the idea of marriage, but just for friendship at first. I believe any relationship can emerge from a wonderful friendship, if both people are mature.

If you truly are desperate, don't appear so, let your actions and aspirations not appear desperate, but let them appear more certain, don't plead or beg, but instead be persistant and ask for whatever you need to get you where you want in life. It's the balance between being shy and being overly confident. Just the right amount of confidence will bring progression but won't stamp others along the way.

What you're being told may sound like a lot to take in, but with every goal, strong determination and sometimes a complete 180 degree change is necessary to achieve it.
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by sistawoman: 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2009
ife3166:

i feel no pity for these babes.after they fell for d evil in men.and so they are facing d music

Please explain a little more.
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by iice(f): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2009
Druss:

my only advice is to have a strong belief in yourself - they are countless women who have poor self image cos of this.

Gbam!
Re: Counsel To The Seemingly Overage Single Ladies by olanajim(m): 12:37am On Apr 07, 2009
I wonder why people can't ive their lives just because they are overaged and unable to find a good man,

As for the guy that blame them all and labelled them as being promiscious, you will soon find out why some women are left behind,

(1) (Reply)

Disrespect! / Pregnancy Before Marriage, The Pros And Cons / If Practice Makes Perfect And Nobody Is Perfect. Why Practice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.