Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! (42183 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Good morning too brother. I was thinking of an idea yesterday and wish it to see the light, albeit we need serious minded individuals like you and others like VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis et al that I may not have related with personally.

This is it:

1. Generate a Trust Fund

The active accounts here on NL will soon hit 1,500,000. Why do we need to wait for the government to create jobs for our younger ones when we can secure 50% of the future for them. If you and I and others start donating just a meagre NGN10 (ten naira) per month, we will end up generating close to 10.5 million in a month. Now comes the best part.

2. Establish Industries

The trust fund will be used to establish industries in each state of the federation such that serving corp members will be trained in various fields and they do not need to pay a dime to learn from the industries. They in turn will acquire skills and also contribute to the growth of the trust funds. Note that apart from the users on NL (I used NL because this is where we have met like-minded individuals), it will also spread to corporate firms/organisations contributing to the Trust Fund.

Training will also extend to those that do not have the privilege of going to school ( cry it's not easy to be educated, so we should stigmatise those that didn't go to school or further their education).

3. The Big Picture

The Trust Fund will have succeeded, if managed well, in creating 12 industries every year that will generate funds and train people too.

PS: We should not afraid of certain dubious people hijacking and carting away the money and resources.

VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis, et al I await your prompt comments on this.

Let me go over it once again. Thanks brother.

My take: I'm ever willing to arrangements that will better the whole people. To me, it's a very good idea, if we all commit actively to it. Let's see how it goes. I'm willing to contribute my part once all the necessary logistics are sorted out. Good one, my brother.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by VickyRotex(f): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks for the prayer, my friend. And I wish you same demonstration of God's limitless wisdom.

Thanks for adding your voice to the discuss.

Good morning, and do have a wonderful day.

Amen!!! Thank you!

It's my pleasure. smiley

Good Morning, and do have a beautiful day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
This is a bold and brilliant idea. I certainly endorse it.
Perhaps you'd create a whatsapp or BBM group of serious minded folks here so you can lay down this vision clearer to us. Thanks.

Like I said like-minded individuals help each other think better. VickyRotex, dearpreye called me out and it helped me to meet others like you. Iron sharpens iron, no be stone on iron wink .

How do we go about sharing of the BBM pin and WhatsApp details (obviously phone numbers)? In my line of work, privacy and divulging of information is a critical issue. So what do you suggest mentorandfriend ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by VickyRotex(f): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost, beautiful idea, you've got there. May wisdom never elude. cool

I'd go with what Mentor/friend suggested. I think a group should be created, to enlighten us more about this proposed project.

Have a beautiful day!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2015
VickyRotex:
dfrost, beautiful idea, you've got there. May wisdom never elude. cool

I'd go with what Mentor/friend suggested. I think a group should be created, to enlighten us more about this proposed project.

Have a beautiful day!

Thanks sis. Wish you the same too. You guys are the reason I contribute to the forum. Wish you a blissful day as well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by mentorandfriend(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2015
You could post your email here so we'll send our numbers to you there.
dfrost:

Like I said like-minded individuals help each other think better. VickyRotex, dearpreye called me out and it helped me to meet others like you. Iron sharpens iron, no be stone on iron wink .

How do we go about sharing of the BBM pin and WhatsApp details (obviously phone numbers)? In my line of work, privacy and divulging of information is a critical issue. So what do you suggest mentorandfriend ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

I'm still waiting Mr ideykwum to come and join the thread. He's got some great business ideas, being a success himself.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
You could post your email here so we'll send our numbers to you there.

Sent a pm to you boss. Send me your number.

Regards,

(Same goes to you VickyRotex and dearpreye)

1 Like

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Regards,

OK bro. Will respond ASAP.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2015
ndcide:
Then why did we vote for buhari?

One of it was to create and provide jobs.

Was this job reason not one of the reasons we kicked out Jonathan?

Abeg at least Buhari owes us the responsibility of fulfilling his promise on jobs.
A promise is a debt he OWES.

You have a point ndcide, albeit Bill Gates didn't depend on Gerald Ford (POTUS, 1974 - 1977) to provide him a job when he dropped out of Havard to start his company at the age of 21.

So don't wait sorely on the president. Find a gap in the system and fill that gap, which in turn provides sustenance for your and yours and also employment for others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by VickyRotex(f): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Regards,

No problem. I've got your email, I'll forward my digits.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 12, 2015
yak:
av said it in d other thread. WHAT WE NEED IN NIGERIA IS FUNCTIONAL EDUCATION not this colonial education that we av now

Yes. I totally agree. Obviously, it's time to change the education system; the current one has not achieved much for us as a people. It's time to have it replaced with a more realistic and skill-oriented one.

Thanks for contributing to the thread.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

You have a point ndcide, albeit Bill Gates didn't depend on Gerald Ford (POTUS, 1974 - 1977) to provide him a job when he dropped out of Havard to start his company at the age of 21.

So don't wait sorely on the president. Find a gap in the system and fill that gap, which in turn provides sustenance for your and yours and also employment for others.

I'm with you brother. We need to see our success as our OWN sole responsibility. No government has ever solved all man's problems. All these excuses won't stand when the suffering starts.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Good morning too brother. I was thinking of an idea yesterday and wish it to see the light, albeit we need serious minded individuals like you and others like VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis et al that I may not have related with personally.

This is it:

1. Generate a Trust Fund

The active accounts here on NL will soon hit 1,500,000. Why do we need to wait for the government to create jobs for our younger ones when we can secure 50% of the future for them. If you and I and others start donating just a meagre NGN10 (ten naira) per month, we will end up generating close to 10.5 million in a month. Now comes the best part.

2. Establish Industries

The trust fund will be used to establish industries in each state of the federation such that serving corp members will be trained in various fields and they do not need to pay a dime to learn from the industries. They in turn will acquire skills and also contribute to the growth of the trust funds. Note that apart from the users on NL (I used NL because this is where we have met like-minded individuals), it will also spread to corporate firms/organisations contributing to the Trust Fund.

Training will also extend to those that do not have the privilege of going to school ( cry it's not easy to be educated, so we should stigmatise those that didn't go to school or further their education).

3. The Big Picture

The Trust Fund will have succeeded, if managed well, in creating 12 industries every year that will generate funds and train people too.

PS: We should not afraid of certain dubious people hijacking and carting away the money and resources.

VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis, et al I await your prompt comments on this.

This is one great idea. Truly, we never know what we are capable of until we engage our mind. Let me in on the group so we can discuss better.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2015
AgapeCharis:
This is one great idea. Truly, we never know what we are capable of until we engage our mind. Let me in on the group so we can discuss better.

Thanks for the compliment. With people like you, we can make it work. Sent you a pm already. Reply with your number.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by mentorandfriend(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2015
I just replied your mail sir.
dfrost:

Regards,

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by ideykwum: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Hello guys! This is a wonderful development and I'd like to support in anyway I can! I was recently appointed into a role that can afford more benefits for those interested! Dearpreye, you know I'm in if you're co-ordinating this!! Let me know ASAP, some opportunities are on the front burner!

dearpreye:

I'm still waiting Mr ideykwum to come and join the thread. He's got some great business ideas, being a success himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I just replied your mail sir.

Yet to see brother. Please resend
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 12, 2015
ideykwum:
Hello guys! This is a wonderful development and I'd like to support in anyway I can! I was recently appointed into a role that can afford more benefits for those interested! Dearpreye, you know I'm in if you're co-ordinating this!! Let me know ASAP, some opportunities are on the front burner!

Never doubted having your support on issues like this. Please, we will need more of your advice as the matter gathers more momentum.

Happy weekend sir.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2015
ideykwum:

Hi ideykwum, it's good to have you on board. We need co-ordinators from all states of the federation if possible. So that we can find out where the need is greater. My suggestion is we start with states that corp members are idling away, states where the crime rates are high (if a criminal minded person has something meaningful doing, he will may likely channel his energy to positive use).

Corp members in the house, identify yourself. dearpreye come and blow the trumpet to the NL forumites.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Thanks for the compliment. With people like you, we can make it work. Sent you a pm already. Reply with your number.
Replied.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=dfrost post=37931592]

Hi ideykwum, it's good to have you on board. We need co-ordinators from all states of the federation if possible. So that we can find out where the need is greater. My suggestion is we start with states that corp members are idling away, states where the crime rates are high (if a criminal minded person has something meaningful doing, he will may likely channel his energy to positive use).

Corp members in the house, identify yourself. dearpreye come and blow the trumpet to the NL forumites.[/quote

grin grin grin grin grin]
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Corp members in the house, identify yourself. dearpreye come and blow the trumpet to the NL forumites.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by ElPhoche(m): 11:38am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

This is it:

1. Generate a Trust Fund

2. Establish Industries

3. The Big Picture

??
Thats very
insightful. I just came across the idea this morning about crowd-
sourcing for fund. It has worked in other climes
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by mentorandfriend(m): 11:47am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Yet to see brother. Please resend
Ok. I've done it.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by ideykwum: 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
Wish you the same bro! Tomorrow is my birthday, and the party seems to have started earlier than intended!

dearpreye:

Never doubted having your support on issues like this. Please, we will need more of your advice as the matter gathers more momentum.

Happy weekend sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by ideykwum: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello dfrost! I'm with you all the way!

dfrost:

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
ideykwum:
Wish you the same bro! Tomorrow is my birthday, and the party seems to have started earlier than intended!

Are you serious? Thanks some great day in the horizon.

I'm wishing you the best as you celebrate tomorrow. You're a blessing to our world.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by ideykwum: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
Thank you very much sir! Your encouragement can make an ant challenge an elephant to a fight! cheesy

dearpreye:

Are you serious? Thanks some great day in the horizon.

I'm wishing you the best as you celebrate tomorrow. You're a blessing to our world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
ideykwum:
Thank you very much sir! Your encouragement can make an ant challenge an elephant to a fight! cheesy

Funny! But there's an elephant in every ant na! LOL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by khaynoni(m): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
This is a welcome and innovative suggestion. I'm totally in. I'm a corps member, serving in kogi. It's a thing of joy seeing such ideas become reality as posterity will benefit from it. Please let's make this a reality.
I'm yet to see this on front page angry . Those in charge should do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
khaynoni:
This is a welcome and innovative suggestion. I'm totally in. I'm a corps member, serving in kogi. It's a thing of joy seeing such ideas become reality as posterity will benefit from it. Please let's make this a reality.
I'm yet to see this on front page angry . Those in charge should do the needful.

Thanks for the encouragement. Let's see how far we can go with this. I'm totally subscribed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. / How Much Is Your Current Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.