Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! (42181 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2015
NizyO01:
A million likes for this....I hardly make comments on threads but this really caught my attention,we young pple have to stop thinking like it's our birth right to get jobs after graduating,certificate isn't an authomatic guarantee for a job,we have to do something no matter how low we think it is pending when u get something better,afterall what pride are u holding unto when u have nothing,or better still get a passion and develop on it every time u spend waiting is another time wasted.

Thank you. That's the spirit. The way to go.

Please, do share this comment of yours with all you can. It's a plea. Our mindsets are setting us up for failure and frustration. Please. Please.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by VickyRotex(f): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2015
dearpreye:

You have this easy flow with words. It's a gift.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes. We will keep moving and motivating aright the few folks we can. We're all involved with humanity.

Do have a wonderful day as well.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the compliments. smiley

Yea right! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
VickyRotex:

It's really not too to make ammendments. Better late than NEVER! cool

Yes. Never too late. Bill Gates had to drop out from Havard because he saw something bigger than Havard. Imagine Havard! The lifelong dream of most Americans...

The point is not discouraging schooling but seeing the bigger picture of survival, not dependent on others but on one's abilities and skills. Just like Observant, I've set myself on the path of making sure the society depends on me and not the other way around.

Do we know that instead of becoming the best hand in an organization, why not become a consultant to the organization if they need my skills that bad and provide service to others too?

Those of us who read alot on the Internet and are interested in military, special forces and covert ops will have noticed that America does not let go of their best hands but rather use them for private security and advisory roles.

Blackwater Corp is one of such organizations. They even provide protection for rich Arabs albeit they have a running case with the US Judiciary.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
NizyO01:
,afterall what pride are u holding unto when u have nothing,or better still get a passion and develop on it every time u spend waiting is another time wasted.

A zillion likes for your post NizyO01. Exactly my thoughts. What pride do we have in doing nothing?

After my youth service, I got a teaching job eight months later that was paying me 7,500 a month. I wasn't looking at each pixel that made up the picture but the whole picture itself. Sooner or later I started making contacts of kids who had difficulty learning and I was taking them on private lessons after school. At the end of every month, I was making 22,500 aside my salary. There's always a gap to be filled if we focus our minds on the target, never allowing the need to be unattended to.

The greatest failing of our time is youths that indulge in competition and bogus lifestyle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Geesanni: 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
GO LEARN TRADE MY GUY,ENGLISH OR EVEN A CHARGE AND BAIL LAWYER IS TAKIN G U TO NOWHERE
MzOcean:
God bless this OP, #Inspired. Btw, I'm looking for a job, I studied English. Thank u..
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by alijusty: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
This is a motivating and inspiring thread. The need to get relevant skills cannot be over emphasized. We live in a Information Technology age and having relevant IT skills is necessary to survive. It is disheartening to see lots of our graduates who can't work with MS Office suites. I am not even talking about programming. Lots of jobs are springing up daily in new fields that requires knowledge of programming, name it, Cloud Computing, Software Defined Networking, SAP(ABAP), Mobile App Development, Web Development, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Image Processing, Internet of Things(IoT), Cyber-Physical Systems, Embedded Systems, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, the list is endless. If you are an employer of labour, would you employ yourself. That's the question you should constantly ask yourself before saying there are no jobs. If we are truthful to ourselves, most Nigerian Graduates are unemployable not unemployed. We have computer science graduates who have never written a Hello World program in any programming language as well as engineering graduates who have never worked with Matlab which is the programming language for most engineers. Getting this skills is a lot easier this days thanks to sites like edX.org, Coursera.org, udacity.com etc which are offering lots of practical oriented courses but we Nigerians and Africans as a whole have failed to utilize this opportunity to develop ourselves and be more useful and productive. Even as i am currently doing my Master's in germany, i am actively taking courses on this sites. We must constantly update our skill set as well as learn new ones to stay relevant. While waiting for that job, find something and be doing. Learn a skill, be it IT or sewing or baking etc. Just don't be idle.

Your schooling should never interfere with your education

@dearpreye, keep the thread flowing. I am truly inspired by your message.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
alijusty:
This is a motivating and inspiring thread. The need to get relevant skills cannot be over emphasized. We leave in a Information Technology age and have relevant IT skills is necessary to survive. It is disheartening to see lots of our graduates who can't work with MS Office suites. I am not even talking about programming. Lots of jobs are springing up daily in new fields that requires knowledge of programming, name it, Cloud Computing, Software Defined Networking, SAP(ABAP), Mobile App Development, Web Development, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Image Processing, Internet of Things(IoT), Cyber-Physical Systems, Embedded Systems, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, the list is endless. If you are an employer of labour, would you employer yourself. That's the question you should constantly ask yourself before saying there are no jobs. If we are truthful to ourselves, most Nigerian Graduates are unemployable not unemployed. We have computer science graduates who has never written a Hello World program in any programming language as well as engineering graduates who has never worked with Matlab which is the programming language for most engineers. Getting this skills is a lot easier this days thanks to the sites like edX.org, Cousrera.org, udacity.com etc which are offering lots of practical oriented courses but we Nigerians and Africans as a whole have failed to utilize this opportunity to develop ourselves and be more useful and productive. Even as i am currently doing my Master's in germany, i am actively taking courses on this sites. We must constantly update our skill set as well as learn new ones to stay relevant. While waiting for that job, find something and be doing. Learn a skill, be it IT or sewing or baking etc. Just don't be idle.

Your schooling should never interfere with your education

@dearpreye, keep the thread flowing. I am truly inspired by your message.

Honestly I don't know what more to say. You've captured everything that's needed. We need to brace up for the challenges of the modern day. Skill is the way!

I know people are reading and adjusting their mindset where necessary. Thanks for this thread within a thread. LOL!

You're an inspiration.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by VickyRotex(f): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
dfrost:

Yes. Never too late. Bill Gates had to drop out from Havard because he saw something bigger than Havard. Imagine Havard! The lifelong dream of most Americans...

The point is not discouraging schooling but seeing the bigger picture of survival, not dependent on others but on one's abilities and skills. Just like Observant, I've set myself on the path of making sure the society depends on me and not the other way around.

Do we know that instead of becoming the best hand in an organization, why not become a consultant to the organization if they need my skills that bad and provide service to others too?

Those of us who read alot on the Internet and are interested in military, special forces and covert ops will have noticed that America does not let go of their best hands but rather use them for private security and advisory roles.

Blackwater Corp is one of such organizations. They even provide protection for rich Arabs albeit they have a running case with the US Judiciary.

Dfrost has nailed it again. Nice one!!! cool

Choiiii, Covert Ops, my proposed field o. cheesy

I'm getting there! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by mentorandfriend(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
dearpreye:
Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm writing tthis due to two reasons. There's a thread on FP where someone's said sometimes he almost regretted going to school. I'll post the link to that thread later. Also, a few days ago, maybe even over a week ago, a friend of mine sent me a text message as early as 6 am, complaining how joblessness has been frustrating him. In the message, he claimed he was about to go into depression and that I should advise him.

My friend and I have come all the way through the same secondary school back in Lagos. He later went to read Marine Engineering from UST, Port Harcourt, the same city where I now work. I called and spoke at length with him. He saw my points. And it's some o these points I'm now sharing here.

A wrong Reason For Going To school!

A vast majority of us believe that the sole aim for going to acquire a degree or some other higher qualifications is to secure a job. That's a terrible mindset! It's the most inappropriate reason for undertaking a challenging process like getting a degree. I used to think that way too. But I was fortunate to have read Rich Dad, Poor Dad and other inspirational books during my ND days. From those books it became clear I was in school to reduce my ignorance and to increase my capacity for usefulness.

When you have a wrong mindset like this, you set up yourself for frustration when the job doesn't come at the right time. It creates tension, envy, depression and may even lead to a suicide. But when you have the right mindset, it prepares you for the challenges ahead, and may force you into doing or learning other skills that may prove invaluable in the future. We didn't go to school for the sole purpose of getting a job. It was a mindset sold us by the society and our parents, but we have to change it. NOW!

The World Doesn't Owe You A Job!

This was the second point I discussed with my friend. My dad told me how jobs were waited for them even before they finished school. That time don pass! A few top politician may achieve that for their fortunate kids, but the vast majority of us knew before hand that that won't be our case. With that belief, we have set up ourselves for unnecessary tension and frustration. The world doesn't owe you a job. The system doesn't owe you a job. You've got to go and fight for your place. You've got to hustle and create a niche for yourself.

Your Degree Isn't A Guarantee For Success!

We need to change our mindset about a lot of things. I never doubted the fact I was going to secure a job after my higher Institution but I also knew my certificate isn't necessarily a guarantee for a job. In fact, I had gone to Lagos hustling with my fishing boat and wood engine boat when I got a letter for my aptitude test. I was still reading and making the necessary contacts as I was paddling my canoe. My hatred for poverty and lack was so great I wasn't even willing to narrow down my success to a paper- a degree/certificate. People saw me as I took my engine and boat to hustle opposite the Nigeria Ports Authority in Lagos, moving passengers from the villages to Apapa township. I didn't bother. I knew it was temporary. But in between when I would secure that dream job, I couldn't ask my parents for money. They've done their best.

I was always prepared for any aptitude test. I had a lot of past oil and gas questions and answers. I never failed to browse relevant sites. I was able to pass the aptitude test, the oral interview and landed the proverbial dream job. I give Him all the glory.

To all those believing Him for a great job, do not pass this moment complaining and whining; they will only lead to chaos and disaster. Look for something SMALL to do. Start small little. Just do something.

There's no free meal anywhere anymore. Don't let that degree prevent you from taking up that cleaning job. Don't let it stop you from taking that security job. It's all a process. Don't let your degree stand in your way. Your degree is supposed to give you a PLATFORM from which you could shoot into any angle and area. Why allow it to become a hindrance to you? Opportunities abound; open your eyes.

Till date I keep learning new skills. There's NO job security anywhere. I'm always conscious of the future. I'm not relenting. I'm not carried away by the little pleasure of the moment. I've got TOMORROW in view.

Change your mindset, and you've changed your life.

The world owes you NOTHING! Forthwith, get busy and believe God for that mega paying job.

Wishing you all a successful career. Thank you!

Lalasticlala, please move this message to the appropriate quarters!
Very impressive. Very compelling. Thoroughly helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Very impressive. Very compelling. Thoroughly helpful.

Thanks boss. I'm glad you found it even worth the while.

Thanks.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Vanije: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
dearpreye:

That's some great comment up there. I think the blame should go to the system and those who designed it in such a manner as to only produce job seekers instead job providers.

However, since everyone is solely responsible for their lives, they cannot keep blaming the system. They must see the system for it is, decide what to do as to better their lives. No more excuses!

When I discussed this topic with some undergraduate students at a federal university, they couldn't believe it. The system never taught us this. It never taught me this. I found it out as I sought books on personal development and capacity building.

Thanks for contributing to the thread. Shalom!

Exactly, no excuses. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Vanije:

Exactly, no excuses. Thank you.

Yes. No more. Excuses only temporarily POSTPONE our sufferings; they never solve our problems.

We're responsible for OUR lives.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by NizyO01(f): 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
dfrost:

A zillion likes for your post NizyO01. Exactly my thoughts. What pride do we have in doing nothing?

After my youth service, I got a teaching job eight months later that was paying me 7,500 a month. I wasn't looking at each pixel that made up the picture but the whole picture itself. Sooner or later I started making contacts of kids who had difficulty learning and I was taking them on private lessons after school. At the end of every month, I was making 22,500 aside my salary. There's always a gap to be filled if we focus our minds on the target, never allowing the need to be unattended to.

The greatest failing of our time is youths that indulge in competition and bogus lifestyle.

....yeah u are very right,we want to leave above our means just to impress,someone once told me work now and rest in future or rest now and work in future...thanks for the likes anyways.i wish u everything u want grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
dfrost:

Most of us really started very small but we didn't give up. We never took our eyes off the bigger picture. Today, we can look back with gratitude having the courage to have started small.

Our youths indulge in bogus lifestyles because they lack the appropriate information and enlightenment that will tumble their lives for good. Once they catch that vision, every fake and inauthentic lifestyles will disappear almost immediately. Self development and competition don't go together.

Thanks for sharing your story! Thanks for contributing.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by EmekaBlue(m): 2:37am On Sep 11, 2015
thanks 4 d advise
MrDoGood:

No matter what, don’t try to recover your loss from a single stake.
You can't afford to loose straight 3 games back to back when you stake with reasonable amount of money and with little odd like 5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by joywendy(f): 2:40am On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks for the mention! just seeing this now, very inspiring words right there. smiley
dearpreye:
joywendy......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 5:42am On Sep 11, 2015
NizyO01:
....yeah u are very right,we want to leave above our means just to impress,someone once told me work now and rest in future or rest now and work in future...thanks for the likes anyways.i wish u everything u want grin

You are most welcome sis. Ciao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 11, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Oga preye is mouthed abeg. This is wisdom talking.

He that has ears, let him hear!

Yes. If your mind can see it, you can achieve it. Vision must preceed reality.

Thanks. Good morning!
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 11, 2015
standing9:
Am very tourch wit dis story. With God by my side I get hope. But I can't 4get nelson madela quote which says' education is d only weapon to fight d world'

Yes. Education is invaluable and inevitable. But we're talking about having the proper attitude towards education. We're talking about altering those negative notions we've had towards education for years.

No nation ever became great that doesn't emphasized skills and vocational training as it did university education. Down here, we treat with contempt those who do not have a university degree. It's now to drop all those and grasp the full and proper reason for going to the university.

The wrong mindset leads INEVITABLY to chaos and sorrow. The right mindset makes us to be proactive in the choices we make daily. And it's those choices that determine the QUALITY of our lives.

Good morning!
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by boyo123(m): 7:48am On Sep 11, 2015
Observant:
We have an education that trains you to be depend on the system, sadly the education it self is outdated and time wasting.

After seeing the uselessness of my B.Eng, I knew applying for a Masters degree would be another waste of my time. At the moment I am applying to vocational schools to learn a skill in machinery and equipment overhaul and maintenance .
bro i sent you a pm. can u please help me with the names of those vocational school and are there located here in nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Yes. If your mind can see it, you can achieve it. Vision must preceed reality.

Thanks. Good morning!
Yes sir, it must.

Morning sir. Have a splendid day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2015
Good morning to you all. Hope you had a great rest?

I'm using this time to express my gratitude to all those who contributed in no little means to the success and prominence of this thread. I can boldly say the thread has achieved and is still achieving the desired noble purpose for which it was created. Its a success because you all added some great stories and comments to it. Thank you!

It's usually natural to feel animated and motivated with threads of this kind. However we must go a step further than just being motivated; we must ACT to convert our motivation into success and reality. We must choose the tortuous paths of discipline, determination and diligence in order to become people of value and success. Action is the bridge between dreams and reality. Without it, all our dreams remain just dreams, no matter how lofty and noble them may seem to be.

We must assume TOTAL responsibility for our lives. If there's ONE THING we are in control of, it's OUR life. We are the captain and driver of our llives. And we must show maturity and determination to be able to steer from the rough waters of poverty and failure to the safe harbour of progress, prosperity and greatness. The captain blames NO ONE ELSE if their vessel sinks or hit the rocks; they assume total responsibility.

There are no tenable excuses for failure and lack. We must stop blaming the government or the economy or others for our woes. In spite of the economic challenges and lack of an enabling environment, folks are making it real big; people are still fulfilling their destinies.

When I first came to PH, there were lots of undeveloped lands and bushes at my axis. Fast forward to about 5 years later, almost all those fallow grounds now have strictures standing on them. Isn't that a testament to the fact that we do not have any excuses at all? Who bares the hunger? Who suffers the consequences of lack? Who suffers contempt? Who feels the pains of not meeting their legitimate needs? Who else, if not US?

Your life is your responsibility. The choices we make TODAY will determine the lives our kids will enjoy TOMORROW. I'm not willing to allow my kids pass through all that I experienced when I was up growing! It's my sole purpose to give them the very best. But that only happen as I determine to be the very best.

Get busy today. Plan for the future. Nothing is secure anymore. Be flexible. Be proactive. Failure is an orphan!

Learn a skill today. Start somewhere. Start small. ....Only starters have the possibility of winning. Despite not the days of little beginning. An idle mind is the workshop of the devil. Get busy. Today.

Thank you all.

VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis, et al.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Yes sir, it must.

Morning sir. Have a splendid day.

Thanks bro. Have great day as well. See you at the very TOP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2015
joywendy:
Thanks for the mention! just seeing this now, very inspiring words right there. smiley

Thanks for the kind words.

God bless your hustle. Have a great day.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by VickyRotex(f): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm using this time to express my gratitude to all those who contributed in no little means to the success and prominence of this thread. I can boldly say the thread has achieved and is still achieving the desired noble for which it was created. Its a success because you all added some great stories and comments to it. Thank you!

It's usually natural to feel animated and motivated with threads of this kind. However we must go a step further than just being motivated; we must ACT to convert our motivation into success and reality. We must choose the tortuous paths of discipline, determination and diligence in order to become people of value and success. Action is the bridge between dreams and reality. Without it, all our dreams remain just dreams, no matter hos lofty and noble them may seem to be.

We must assume TOTAL responsibility for our lives. If there's ONE THING we are in control of, it's OUR life. We are the captain and driver of our llives. And we must show maturity and determination to be able to steer from the rough waters of poverty and failure to the safe harbour of progress, prosperity and greatness. The captain blames NO ONE ELSE if their vessel sinks or hit the rocks; they assume total responsibility.

There are no tenable excuses for failure and lack. We must stop blaming the government or the economy or others for our woes. In spite of the economic challenges and lack of an enabling environment, folks are making it real big; people are still fulfilling their destinies.

When I first came to PH, there were lots of undeveloped lands and bushes at my axis. Fast forward to about 5 years later, almost all those fallow grounds now have strictures standing on them. Isn't that a testament to the fact that we do not have any excuses at all? Who bares the hunger? Who suffers the consequences of lack? Who suffers contempt? Who feels the pains of not meeting their legitimate needs? Who else, if not US?

Your life is your responsibility. The choices we make TODAY will determine the lives our kids will enjoy TOMORROW. I'm not willing to allow my kids pass through all that I experienced when I was up growing! It's my sole purpose to give them the very best. But that only happen as I determine to be the very best.

Get busy today. Plan for the future. Nothing is secure anymore. Be flexible. Be proactive. Failure is an orphan!

Learn a skill today. Start somewhere. Start small. ....Only starters have the possibility of winning. Despite not the days of little beginning. An idle mind is the workshop of the devil. Get busy. Today.

Thank you all.

Wow!!!!

Beautiful. I wish I could like this comment a thousand times. So much to learn from it.

You're welcome dearpreye, may wisdom never elude you.

Keep up the Good Work!!! cool

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by MrDoGood(m): 2:54am On Sep 12, 2015
EmekaBlue:
thanks 4 d advise
You're welcome sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 12, 2015
VickyRotex:

Wow!!!!

Beautiful. I wish I could like this comment a thousand times. So much to learn from it.

You're welcome dearpreye, may wisdom never elude you.

Keep up the Good Work!!! cool

Thanks for the prayer, my friend. And I wish you same demonstration of God's limitless wisdom.

Thanks for adding your voice to the discuss.

Good morning, and do have a wonderful day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 7:10am On Sep 12, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm using this time to express my gratitude to all those who contributed in no little means to the success and prominence of this thread. I can boldly say the thread has achieved and is still achieving the desired noble purpose for which it was created. Its a success because you all added some great stories and comments to it. Thank you!

Thank you all.

Keep it coming dearpreye. We are right behind you. wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Keep it coming dearpreye. We are right behind you. wink

Thanks brother. Thanks for your strong and wonderful comments. I'm happy you're here.

Good morning brother.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Mystiq07 and xtreme07, you're all needed here. Come and drop your inspiring words on this thread. Zonax, you're also invited here.
Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by dfrost: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks brother. Thanks for your strong and wonderful comments. I'm happy you're here.

Good morning brother.

Good morning too brother. I was thinking of an idea yesterday and wish it to see the light, albeit we need serious minded individuals like you and others like VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis et al that I may not have related with personally.

This is it:

1. Generate a Trust Fund

The active accounts here on NL will soon hit 1,500,000. Why do we need to wait for the government to create jobs for our younger ones when we can secure 50% of the future for them. If you and I and others start donating just a meagre NGN10 (ten naira) per month, we will end up generating close to 15 million in a month. Now comes the best part.

2. Establish Industries

The trust fund will be used to establish industries in each state of the federation such that serving corp members will be trained in various fields and they do not need to pay a dime to learn from the industries. They in turn will acquire skills and also contribute to the growth of the trust funds. Note that apart from the users on NL (I used NL because this is where we have met like-minded individuals), it will also spread to corporate firms/organisations contributing to the Trust Fund.

Training will also extend to those that do not have the privilege of going to school ( cry it's not easy to be educated, so we should not stigmatise those that didn't go to school or further their education).

3. The Big Picture

The Trust Fund will have succeeded, if managed well, in creating 12 industries every year that will generate funds and train people too.

PS: We should not afraid of certain dubious people hijacking and carting away the money and resources.

VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis, et al I await your prompt comments on this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! by mentorandfriend(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Good morning too brother. I was thinking of an idea yesterday and wish it to see the light, albeit we need serious minded individuals like you and others like VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis et al that I may not have related with personally.

This is it:

1. Generate a Trust Fund

The active accounts here on NL will soon hit 1,500,000. Why do we need to wait for the government to create jobs for our younger ones when we can secure 50% of the future for them. If you and I and others start donating just a meagre NGN10 (ten naira) per month, we will end up generating close to 10.5 million in a month. Now comes the best part.

2. Establish Industries

The trust fund will be used to establish industries in each state of the federation such that serving corp members will be trained in various fields and they do not need to pay a dime to learn from the industries. They in turn will acquire skills and also contribute to the growth of the trust funds. Note that apart from the users on NL (I used NL because this is where we have met like-minded individuals), it will also spread to corporate firms/organisations contributing to the Trust Fund.

Training will also extend to those that do not have the privilege of going to school ( cry it's not easy to be educated, so we should stigmatise those that didn't go to school or further their education).

3. The Big Picture

The Trust Fund will have succeeded, if managed well, in creating 12 industries every year that will generate funds and train people too.

PS: We should not afraid of certain dubious people hijacking and carting away the money and resources.

VickyRotex, mentorandfriend, dfrost, AgapeCharis, et al I await your prompt comments on this.

This is a bold and brilliant idea. I certainly endorse it.
Perhaps you'd create a whatsapp or BBM group of serious minded folks here so you can lay down this vision clearer to us. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister / How Much Is Your Current Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.