Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,053 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (56431 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
murmee:
Then why are you 5% region people so many in the South West? Why can't you develop and live in your region. The problem with the Yorubas is that they are too accommodating. If you must know, you are choking us. Park and go back to your God forsaken, undesirable region.

We are not CHOKING you! We are only buying up your lands and houses in Lagos and pushing your smelly a*ses to the inner South West states where you all belong. Accommodating my foot! Keep on Ranting while we Igbos continue BALLING!

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by EmmyDe25(m): 5:34am On Sep 11, 2015
kenny987:
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice to go outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?
I remembered when i was first posted to Kebbi state....Like i do tell anyone who cares to listen....that was the worst 21 days of my entire life till date. I just couldnt help but redeploy back to Lagos after the orientation. My point exactly? you dont unite people forcefully. I schooled in the north and was practically expecting my posting to tread the Eastern line. But then, Okorie- Affia and his goons decided to post me to a dead state like Kebbi. Just couldn't help but influence my posting back to my comfort zone. If i had stayed back in that state for one year, I could have died or still be wandering the street of Lagos looking for job.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by EmmyDe25(m): 5:47am On Sep 11, 2015
Dahveydson:
It's effect will be both negative and positive. Soon there will be clamour for NYSC to be optional then there will be clamour for NYSC to be scrapped. This is just phase one.

Personally, I don't support this initiative, we are in 2015, youths served in 2010, 2011, 2012 at the height of the insurgency and they were not given option to choose. What's the essence of one choosing where they will serve, what they will learn about their country and which parts of Nigeria they wouldn't want to go. It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.
Which selfess service exactly? The aim of the scheme has been defeated long ago. It no longer serve its purpose....Infact its just a glorified scheme. The fact that you spent 1 year in an entirely different zone from yours, doesnt make you understand or adopt the culture of the people where you're posted....It all boils down to interest. I schooled in Zaria, spent another 3 years in Abuja and i can hardly string a complete sentence in Hausa. People should just be allowed to serve in their geo-political zone for those who would want, and allow those who would as well like to explore other states be posted to those states or the neighbouring ones. The current DG, Olawumi Johnson has shown he's a man that engage in a lot of thoughtful process, and he understands the relevelance of technology compared to his predecessors. He must have been an apostle of the great Marshal Mc'Luhan
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by olakings: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2016
Hello peeps, one of our colleague as been selected for best ideas in "global" youth citizens entrepreneurship competition , which is a global competition , but will be needing ur help to move to nxt stage by following dis link https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/ideas/4/1934 pls kindly vote and repost
kingjaheed Royal Palm
It is an agricultural innovative business focus mainly on palm oil production and every other resources within it .it is well known that the usage of palm oil cannot be underestimated in these present world, it is widely use in so many sector of production; from the food processing company, pharmace...
entrepreneurship-campus.org

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Pictures Of Nigerian Man Who Turned Into Girl.. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.