Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong (1177 Views)

It Is Totally Wrong To Think Someone Is Below Your Standard / OMG!!! See The Shocking Thing This Pretty Lady Said About Rape (photos) / My Rape Experience (An Epistle About Rape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by smsshola(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Rape happens everywhere, on a daily basis and a lot of people have come to believe that it was their fault they were raped. There are widely held beliefs (myths) about rape, which not only adds to the pain of the victim but can also put others at risk of same crime. In many societies, people have false beliefs about what rape is and what causes it. It is easier to blame the victim, believing that he or she must have done something to deserve being raped. No one deserves to be raped and victims should not be blamed for the offender’s behavior. It is a crime to sexually assault anyone and the blame lies solely on the perpetrator. Hopefully, the common myths about rape listed below, will help someone protect his or herself from false beliefs.
1. Women incite rape : Sometimes, you hear some men say they were seduced by the victims. How does a woman seduce you to rape her? Rape is the responsibility of the rapist alone and he has no excuse.

2. A married man can’t rape his wife : Sex should be consensual and if it is not, it is rape. Sex without consent is always rape, no matter what the circumstances. In Nigeria, most people will argue that a married cannot rape his wife because he has a right to her body whenever he wants. The idea that a man can’t rape his wife suggests married women do not have a right to say no to sex as do married women. If a woman says no, then her husband should respect her decision.
3. Rape is an impulsive, spontaneous act: The truth of the matter is that a vast majority of rapes are carefully planned. The rapist would have mapped out his plan and seize the opportunity when it presents itself.
3. Rape only happens to indecently dressed women : Some people believe women dressed in revealing clothes are the only ones who get raped and are to blame for it. Just because a woman is skimpily dressed or exposing parts of her body does not always mean that she is sending out a signal that she is available for sex. No person, irrespective of what they are wearing deserves to be raped Anyone can be raped, no matter what you are wearing, be it a baby in diapers, a grandma in wrapper or a nun fully covered. Ones dressing has no bearing on who the rapist chooses to attack.
4. Women say ‘No’ when they really mean ‘Yes’ : Nobody enjoys being forced to do things they don’t want. No man, woman, or child enjoys being raped. It is an assault, which can have a lasting trauma on the victim. People should learn to respect other people’s decisions. When she says NO, she really means NO. If you force her, then it is rape and you have no justification.
5. Men can’t be raped : Most people believe that it is only women who get raped. Just like women, men can also be raped. Because they are seen as strong, doesn’t mean they can’t be overpowered and forced into having sex.
6. The best way to get over rape is to act like it didn’t happen : Some people believe the best way a rape victim can get over the incident is to forget it happened and move on with their lives. Most of the time, talking about a problem helps a lot. In the case of rape, talking about it might just be what the victim needs to recover from trauma. However, the victim should not be forced to talk about it before they are ready.
7. You want it because you didn’t struggle : Some men believe if a woman does not struggle hard enough then she wants it. Sometimes, she knows her struggling would yield no result so she resigns herself to fate. Whether she struggles or not, if she has said no, then let her be. Don’t have satisfy your sexual desires and have your way just because she didn’t struggle hard enough.

No one asks to be sexually assaulted. Everyone has the right to choose if, when and with whom he or she has sex. Nothing justifies the actions of a rapist. Opportunity is the most important factor determining when a given rapist will rape.

1 Like

Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by funlord(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
undecided
WTF?
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by BlackrulesDworld(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lust doesn't start around us, it starts within us.

A rapist is a rapist no two ways to that...
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by Cutehector(m): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
I'm just amazed as to why people say indecent dressing incites rape..

What abt d 3 year old gurl who is so innocent and knws nothing abt indecent dressing who gets raped by irresponsible men?
These days u hear so many cases of underaged girls being raped... Do u want to tell me indecent dressing is d cause?

I will tell u what is d cause of rape.

An irresponsible man who isn't able to control his libido!

Dis isn't for you op.. I"m just airing my mind..
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by MissShakara: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Rape rape every day. May God help us.
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by guitarmanpharell(m): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Seems u ve bin raped b4...
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
@Number 1- When a guy has spent so much money and she no still gree, then she now goes to his house ALONE and she expects him to be a gentleman, you shouldnt be surprised if rape occurs.
@Number 2- How the F**k is that even possible
@Number 3- Rape is mainly spontaneous actually, that is why they are so easily caught. It's usually due to raging hormones and no self control.
@Number 3- When a girl wears spaghetti straps and then goes home via a deserted alley, what should she expect
@Number 4- It depends on the context, if it's in toasting and (in some cases) romancing, No actually means yes! Which kin girl will gree immediately?
@Number5- I keep wondering, how will your dick rise if u are being rapedcheesygrin
fully agree with 6 and 7.
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by Bacteriocin(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
And the worst thing about it is that most of the cases are not reported.
Majority of those innocent young girls we see around have lost their hymens to these oloribuku egbon adugbo, baba adugbo,broda co-tenants etc
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by kossyablaze(m): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nawa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by naijaboiy: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
The one I can't seem to understand is how a full grown man will put his 8.5 inches dick inside a 3 year old's vagina.

These set of people are cursed baboons from birth. angry
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by FTBOY: 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
smsshola:

Rape happens everywhere, on a daily basis and
a lot of people have come to believe that it was
their fault they were raped.
There are widely held beliefs (myths) about rape,
which not only adds to the pain of the victim
but can also put others at risk of same crime.
In many societies, people have false beliefs
about what rape is and what causes it. It is
easier to blame the victim, believing that he or
she must have done something to deserve being
raped.
No one deserves to be raped and victims should
not be blamed for the offender’s behavior. It is a
crime to sexually assault anyone and the blame
lies solely on the perpetrator.
Hopefully, the common myths about rape listed
below, will help someone protect his or herself
from false beliefs.

1. Women incite rape :
Sometimes, you hear some men say they were
seduced by the victims. How does a woman
seduce you to rape her? Rape is the
responsibility of the rapist alone and he has no
excuse.
yes, most times the bitches tempt men directly or indirectly. i've seen girls teasing guys with 'hmm, that ur small thing? u can't do nothing abeg.' and when u try to do something they shout rape.

2. A married man can’t rape his wife :
Sex should be consensual and if it is not, it is
rape. Sex without consent is always rape, no
matter what the circumstances. In Nigeria, most
people will argue that a married cannot rape his
wife because he has a right to her body
whenever he wants. The idea that a man can’t
rape his wife suggests married women do not
have a right to say no to sex as do married
women. If a woman says no, then her husband
should respect her decision.
i can buy this but if my wife denies me my husbandly right and still sleeps in the same bed with me, i might rape her! undecided

3. Rape is an impulsive, spontaneous act:
The truth of the matter is that a vast majority of
rapes are carefully planned. The rapist would
have mapped out his plan and seize the
opportunity when it presents itself.
most rapes are impulsive and unplanned. u only plan to rape a girl who has been playing u wink

3. Rape only happens to indecently dressed
women :
Some people believe women dressed in revealing
clothes are the only ones who get raped and are
to blame for it. Just because a woman is
skimpily dressed or exposing parts of her body
does not always mean that she is sending out a
signal that she is available for sex. No person,
irrespective of what they are wearing deserves to
be raped
Anyone can be raped, no matter what you are
wearing, be it a baby in diapers, a grandma in
wrapper or a nun fully covered. Ones dressing
has no bearing on who the rapist chooses to
attack.
how many times have u seen or heard that old women or properly dressed women got raped? when u dress like a bi.tch, somebody or some people might get offended hence plan to treat ur fvck up

4. Women say ‘No’ when they really mean ‘Yes’ :
Nobody enjoys being forced to do things they
don’t want. No man, woman, or child enjoys
being raped. It is an assault, which can have a
lasting trauma on the victim. People should learn
to respect other people’s decisions. When she
says NO, she really means NO. If you force her,
then it is rape and you have no justification.
yes? u follow me to my crib, sit on my bed and when i touch u, u start saying no in a very ''low voice''. of course, it's a yes!

5. Men can’t be raped :
Most people believe that it is only women who
get raped. Just like women, men can also be
raped. Because they are seen as strong, doesn’t
mean they can’t be overpowered and forced into
having sex.
i don't know much about this but i do fantasize getting raped by beautiful bitches at times grin

6. The best way to get over rape is to act like it
didn’t happen :
Some people believe the best way a rape victim
can get over the incident is to forget it happened
and move on with their lives. Most of the time,
talking about a problem helps a lot. In the case
of rape, talking about it might just be what the
victim needs to recover from trauma. However,
the victim should not be forced to talk about it
before they are ready.
why not? better shut up and forget about it. as a girl, u don't have to tell everybody u got raped some time ago....u might lose the opportunity of winning the heart of a Prince Charming wink

7. You want it because you didn’t struggle :
Some men believe if a woman does not struggle
hard enough then she wants it. Sometimes, she
knows her struggling would yield no result so
she resigns herself to fate. Whether she
struggles or not, if she has said no, then let her
be. Don’t have satisfy your sexual desires and
have your way just because she didn’t struggle
hard enough.
rubbish! if she can't struggle, she should scream....unless the rapist(s) is holding a weapon against her. if not, then she's enjoying it and it's no longer rape

No one asks to be sexually assaulted. Everyone
has the right to choose if, when and with whom
he or she has sex. Nothing justifies the actions
of a rapist. Opportunity is the most important
factor determining when a given rapist will rape.
yeah....i've heard all that before and more. u sound like a pathetic feminist btw... gerrarahere mehn!
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Okay.
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by AfroKnight: 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Number 8 (which the OP is guilty of)

- It is not necessary to consider cases where men are raped by women.

Men get raped a lot. Especially married men who one home late and theit wives force them to have sex. Say no to rape. Save the men.
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
FTBOY:
yes, most times the bitches tempt men directly or indirectly. i've seen girls teasing guys with 'hmm, that ur small thing? u can't do nothing abeg.' and when u try to do something they shout rape.

i can buy this but if my wife denies me my husbandly right and still sleeps in the same bed with me, i might rape her! undecided

most rapes are impulsive and unplanned. u only plan to rape a girl who has been playing u wink

how many times have u seen or heard that old women or properly dressed women got raped? when u dress like a bi.tch, somebody or some people might get offended hence plan to treat ur fvck up

yes? u follow me to my crib, sit on my bed and when i touch u, u start saying no in a very ''low voice''. of course, it's a yes!

i don't know much about this but i do fantasize getting raped by beautiful bitches at times grin

why not? better shut up and forget about it. as a girl, u don't have to tell everybody u got raped some time ago....u might lose the opportunity of winning the heart of a Prince Charming wink

rubbish! if she can't struggle, she should scream....unless the rapist(s) is holding a weapon against her. if not, then she's enjoying it and it's no longer rape

yeah....i've heard all that before and more. u sound like a pathetic feminist btw... gerrarahere mehn!
God will save you. have you ever seen a 17year old guy playfully pin down his 20year old sister?? she will keep on wondering whether she is actually 3years older than him or not, talkless of a man full of his energy focused on raping a girl, the victim will have little or no power to fight for herself.
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Rape is an indecent and barbaric act that most be kicked against and met with severe punishment. No excuse for rape. Even if she dresses naked and so ?

Nobody deserves to be raped. Thank you op
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by Kingsley1000(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
80% of rape cases are consensual......Hot girls putting fronts not be seen as slut.........once you initiate it,the rest will be history
Re: 7 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong by FTBOY: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
classicB:

God will save you. have you ever seen a 17year old guy playfully pin down his 20year old sister?? she will keep on wondering whether she is actually 3years older than him or not, talkless of a man full of his energy focused on raping a girl, the victim will have little or no power to fight for herself.
men are generally stronger than women.....that I know. but it's almost impossible for one man to rape a struggling girl without using a weapon. that struggle or fight is enough to kill the man's libido and make his dick go limp. show me a girl who claims a man raped her and i'd show u a lying bi.tch

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Her Fiancee Beats Her / I Shall Never Marry. I Can't Be Tied Down / Married? 7 Secrets About S*x You Won’t Hear About In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.