Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. (16536 Views)

5 Ways Naija Guys Test Their Girlfriends / Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by minto(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2009
It's no longer an issue that married men engage in extra-marital affair but what's mind-boggling is the way and manner some men put their girlfriend(s) in the forefront with their wife trailing behind. Men in this category will always rise up to their girlfriend's demands with all pleasure while similar demand from their wife will be met with loads of excuses.
Last week was a colleague's wife birthday; we all went there straight from work but surprisingly, our friend did not join us until around 8pm when we were getting ready to leave.The wife was worried and couldn't concentrate on anything; my friend later told me he had to go drop off his teenage girlfriend somewhere before coming home. Could this be love, lust or sheer foolishness?
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by ChuckWoody(m): 12:33am On Apr 07, 2009
Your colleague isn't in love, he's in lust. It's common that as time goes by men see their wives less as sexual partners and more as companions, and in some cases no more than housekeepers.

Basically he needs a small picin who's a slut in the bedroom and he's willing to shower the girl with attention, until either he or she gets bored. Then it's on to the next chick.

It's called lust wan tin tin.

You get me?!
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 07, 2009
minto:

It's no longer an issue that married men engage in extra-marital affair but what's mind-boggling is the way and manner some men put their girlfriend(s) in the forefront with their wife trailing behind. Men in this category will always rise up to their girlfriend's demands with all pleasure while similar demand from their wife will be met with loads of excuses.
Last week was a colleague's wife birthday; we all went there straight from work but surprisingly, our friend did not join us until around 8pm when we were getting ready to leave.The wife was worried and couldn't concentrate on anything; my friend later told me he had to go drop off his teenage girlfriend somewhere before coming home. Could this be love, lust or sheer foolishness?
First of all, if wife knows her husband is having extra-marital affair, why is she still claiming the brand "wife"?

WDH? Love oshi wo ni? Is your friend on some sort of cheap crack? angry angry

Hisss, it's sheer foolishness!
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Hollysmile: 2:00am On Apr 07, 2009
@why do some men cherish their girlfriend more than their wives?
Ans- because they are simply irresponsible by nature. Only de irresponsible ones do such!
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Remii(m): 2:07am On Apr 07, 2009
Because girl friends no dey last, every temporary things dey intoxicate you know.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by topup: 2:11am On Apr 07, 2009
Any person who let's anything interfere with their marriage is not serious. I'm not sure whether it's love, lust or foolishness, and I have my strong opinion on the issue, but I think the reason why some men treat their girlfriends better than their wives, is because of the fact that the wife is definite, she will be waiting at home, whilst their is definitely an element of spontaneity involved with the girlfriend, therefore he tries harder as he could lose her. Sometimes, they just enjoy the mere idea of chasing girls around and so they put the wife in the 'boring box' - even if the poor woman has lots to offer to the marriage, but the girlfriend becomes the interesting element to their lives.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Gabry(f): 3:23am On Apr 07, 2009
If men cherished their wives to begin with, there shouldn't be a girlfriend in the picture at all. . . Dont you think so Poster?

So if men have gf's yet they are married, its obvious that they basically have a problem in their marriage life.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by biina: 6:16am On Apr 07, 2009
Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife? 'cos human stupidity knows no bounds.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by minto(m): 6:33am On Apr 07, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

First of all, if wife knows her husband is having extra-marital affair, why is she still claiming the brand "wife"?

WDH? Love oshi wo ni? Is your friend on some sort of cheap crack? angry angry

Hisss, it's sheer foolishness!

Sorry to have upset you with this post; I can feel your anger. I was more angry when he opened up to me because I felt he could have put every extras aside at the moment to honour and give her wife the desired attention on her special day. The problem is some men don't know where and when to draw the line.

Remii:

Because girl friends no dey last, every temporary things dey intoxicate you know.

grin

gabrywyl:

So if men have gf's yet they are married, its obvious that they basically have a problem in their marriage life.

You may be right but in this case, my friend seem to be the major problem in his marriage.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Gabry(f): 6:37am On Apr 07, 2009
minto:

You may be right but in this case, my friend seem to be the major problem in his marriage.

what did he do?
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by yme1(f): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2009
some men are just too foolish, imagine what he is doing to the wife for me it is lust and sheer foolishness

but come to think of is it that these men who cheats gets tired of their wives in bed

God help us
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by minto(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2009
gabrywyl:

what did he do?

He is comfortable and blessed. He has a good job, loving wife (he attests to this) and a wonderful little son but he won't stop seeking dangerous pleasure out there.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Czarskit(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2009
~ @ topic:

~ There's an adage that spells that ' The meal outside seems better than the one inside ~

~ Perhaps the wife is worn out ~

~ Marriage ain't easy ~
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by sistawoman: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2009
I would love love love love to just talk to one cheating husband have him be honest about what is wife is doing or not doing at home.

Men having affairs tend to re-write history and bray thier wives as this bleeped up person. When really she is who she was when he married her and was in love with her. I just would like to know the truth just once.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by IFELEKE(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2009
minto:

Your answer is in 2 folds.
Number 1
IRRESPONSIBILITY.
Some Men are plain irresponsible and are never satisfied with what they have which leads to extra marital affairs.
INTERNAL CRISIS.
Some Men are also pushed out by factors inside their home.
The factors includes lack of love, sexual satisfaction or lack of peace in the home.
Theses category of men tend to look for these things outside their marriage and once they find them, all attention is shifted.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
minto:

Sorry to have upset you with this post; I can feel your anger. I was more angry when he opened up to me because I felt he could have put every extras aside at the moment to honour and give her wife the desired attention on her special day. The problem is some men don't know where and when to draw the line.
Babe, you angered me not wink

What I don't understand is that she, the wife, knows that he, her husband, has a teenage gf?

Is she. . . NVM
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by JstTinking: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2010
topup:

Any person who let's anything interfere with their marriage is not serious. I'm not sure whether it's love, lust or foolishness, and I have my strong opinion on the issue, but I think the reason why some men treat their girlfriends better than their wives, is because of the fact that the wife is definite, she will be waiting at home, whilst their is definitely an element of spontaneity involved with the girlfriend, therefore he tries harder as he could lose her. Sometimes, they just enjoy the mere idea of chasing girls around and so they put the wife in the 'boring box' - even if the poor woman has lots to offer to the marriage, but the girlfriend becomes the interesting element to their lives.

Word!!! Totally correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by kokoye(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
'because he know the wife will be waiting for him at home.'

How about he gets home and the wife is gone . .with his son?

That should fix it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by TewMuch: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
The girlfriend takes a lot of work to keep. A lot.
He is married now, he has to pay to have a girlfriend. The girlfriend will also make ridiculous demands because she knows that it is not easy for a married man to have girlfriends like that. which girls will like to waste their time with a man that they know they probably cant marry? So the money is to compensate for their wasted youth, and to keep the relationship secret. Most of these girls usually have more than one married man. That is the sad thing.It takes a lot of skill and money to keep his marriage intact and have a girlfriend at the same time.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by ice234: 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2010
cos they are tired of their wives
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by dobodobo(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
Wife is what you own ASSET, why girlfriend is what you borrow

Now tell me, What will you cherish most, a borrow cloth to wear and your own cloth.Your wife is your wife and you can always Bleep her any times unlike girlfriend which will have to create time available
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2010
Because apparently they need new porssy now and again because their deeeek says so.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by sirmseen(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2010
You see I don't really get it. You see men wives very beautiful and sexy wives. They still tend to go out there to explore. me think the main reason is they are just tired of eating the same meal over and over again and it all boils down to list. Me wey like the that thing like mad. I hope I won't fall into that category when I finally hook up.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Moyola(f): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2010
Y wun dey?!. . .when their opolo is already yoro-ing! n trust me! they bite their finga laterron!
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by ice234: 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2010
dobodobo:

Wife is what you own ASSET, why girlfriend is what you borrow

Now tell me, What will you cherish most, a borrow cloth to wear and your own cloth.Your wife is your wife and you can always bleep her any times unlike girlfriend which will have to create time available
a borrowed wife
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by omobadan(m): 2:20am On Sep 24, 2010
I don't know why people think when men have affairs, they have a problem! Men are naturally polygamous! We get married because its a natural progression into manhood. But that wont stop us from getting attracted to other women. As per Naija men, we're not bugged down by societal backlash if we stray outside our matrimonial homes. Most times, our women understands that men will always be men. Of course, we love our wives to bits but the lure of the forbidden fruit is just too much to ignore! wink
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by sirmseen(m): 6:44am On Sep 24, 2010
Could it be that man was created this way? Adam couldn't hold himself ,he had to do it.
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by sirmseen(m): 6:49am On Sep 24, 2010
Could it be that man was created this way? Adam couldn't hold himself ,he had to do it, Girlfriend outside marriage is forbidden fruit. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by ice234: 7:18am On Sep 24, 2010
i dey like dis kin forbidden food oh
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2010
i have a friend dats in2 dis marid men thingy n wot pisses me off most is dat wen its sunday she'll carry ha bag n go 2 church.it beats me dat d same ppu who pray 4 "prince charmin" or a good husband will be d same ppu sleeping with oda ppus husbands.how d hell will mr ryt come wen all d tym u r meant 2 use 4 self development,u use it in drainin anoda womans hubby monetarily n emotionally.am not tryin 2 be holy here but common u cant be prayin n engagin in sin and expect ur prayers 2 be ansad.even if it is ansad d same tin u did 2 anoda womans hubby wil repeat itself.some oda younga,sensual chic will sleep with ur hubby.i know stuffs like dat happens n d pathetic tin there is dat d chic will be feeling more important n sexier dan d wife,she myt also think she's takin advantage of d wife,but at d end d girlfriends ususally suffers more dan d wife cos at d end of d day if d guy gets bak 2 his senses (prolly tru d wifes prayer) n goes bak to his wife,d girlfriend will have wasted ha tym,emotions n body 4 an unavailable man,while she must av bin carid away with all d stuffs shes getin from d man,all potential guys will have passed by n it will be to late.i cant even type a lotta experiences dat ppu like dat have gone tru here.but trust me its soul wrecking.u wount bliv wot has bcom of ur self n body.no amount of money can quantify d havoc such things do
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by eridah2007(m): 10:50pm On Sep 24, 2010
topup:

Well said. cheesy

@all , The poster is not asking why do married men cheat on their wifey grin

The topic is Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife?? grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. by harakiri(m): 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2010
@Post

I think the issue is vice versa and not limited to guys alone. The thing is, after marriage, couples tend to get used to each other to the extent they take themselves for granted. A woman that used to dress smartly, clean the house squeaky clean and satisfy you in bed before marriage ends up becoming sloppy, lazy and irritated with you whenever you reach for her in bed. Someone that never seemed to be satisfied with love making will start asking you "IS THIS MARRIAGE ALL ABOUT SeXxX"? Under such conditions, what do you expect the man to do? People seem to avoid that part of the story and just condemn the man on the spot!

Men too have their faults. Some of them stop paying attention to their wives needs. They quit being romantic and sensitive to her feelings. Such actions sometimes drives her into the arms of another man.Mind you, this is not always the case.There are women who get all the attention and tender loving care from their husbands but at some point, they get bored with the relationship and start seeking love elsewhere. This is very common with working class women and women in developed countries. Whenever these women can hookup with a guy in this "unwholesome" affair, they put all their energy into it and neglect their husbands (even their kids) and when it gets to a point where the guy feels what they are doing is wrong or he gets tired of her, she will fight tooth and nail to keep the extra-marital affair going at all costs. When it crashes, she will vent all her anger and frustration on her loving and caring husband who keeps wondering what he did wrong. Believe me, this is more common place than people care to talk about. You can learn more of this behavior on the website below :

www.womensinfidelity.com

End of! ! !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Valentine: What Did You Get For Your Lover And What Did Your Lover Get For You? / #NoBarDay Nigerian Slay Queens With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter (Photos) / What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.