Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg (1564 Views)

Enugu Mosque Fire: Ohanaeze Visits Muslim Community, Appeals For Calm / UK Appeals To Nigeria To Abolish Death Penalty / Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by Abagworo(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2015
http://thenationonlineng.net/poor-road-has-ruined-our-cottage-industry/
Communities once renowned for large-scale rice and palm oil production lie in ruins, their businesses comatose. Blame bad road, OKODILI NDIDI reports It once felt good to hail from communities fringing the Nnewi-Arondizogu-Okigwe-Enugu Road in Imo State. Residents happily tilled the land, producing such cash crops as rice.

They also milled palm oil and made a fortune for their efforts. From Lagos, Enugu, Cross River states and the north, many flocked to the Farm Produce Market in Arondizogu in Okigwe Local Government Area of the state to buy their produce. The people prospered and so did the settlements. Life was good. Not anymore.

Why not?

The 19km Trunk-A road on which patrons trooped to the communities has since failed and along with it, the booming industry.

But today what reminds the indigenes of those good old days of prosperity and abundance, are abandoned rice farms, failed cottage industries and sad remains of what used to be beautiful travelers’ guest houses and whether –beaten gigantic roofs of filling stations and factories.

The communities are almost completely deserted, save for some adamant indigenes who are managing to eke a living out of their peasant farming, hoping that one day their plight will draw the attention of the Federal Government.

Today, the few travellers who still brave the road have tales of horror in the hands of daredevil armed robbers who have turned the once busy highway into a den of terror.

Now described as one of the worst Trunk-A roads in the country, the Nnewi-Arondizogu-Okigwe-Enugu Road was awarded to different contractors in the past, Doliz Brown Group, who abandoned the project shortly after mobilising to site, dashing the hope of the people each time.
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by madridguy(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Buhari will see to your matter very soon. Be on standly, PMB will soon be there.
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by Abagworo(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2015
After years of fruitless hope for intervention, the communities have once again brought their plight to the knowledge of the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari.

The traditional ruler of Ihieme-Izuogu, Eze Cosmos Ndubuisi Kanu lamented that the state of the road has brought untold economic hardship on the people. He said, “We have managed this terrible situation for over fifteen years. Everything in this community has been at a standstill. We can’t take our farm produce to the market because of the road. Most of the people have abandoned their rice farms and gone to the cities to search for nonexistent jobs.

“We have 12 autonomous communities along this road that are affected and terrible accidents happen on this road always. It has brought economic and social services to a halt, the few industries and hotels that were flourishing when the road was still good have all closed down. The contractors handling the road in the past have all abandoned it but we are not apportioning blame but we are appealing to President Muhammadu Buhari to come to our aid and fix this road, given its importance”.

He continued that, “We are agrarian communities and we cultivate rice in commercial quantities but since the road collapsed, we are no longer cultivating that much because we don’t have road to take them to the market. This important Trunk-A road connects six states in the Southeast and Southsouth geopolitical zones”.

Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by chudidonas(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Imo is yet to produce a visionary leader since Mbakwes time. Anyi Enwero mmadu

This should make FP so that Igbos and Imolites will come and discuss the abysmal condition of their beloved state. Its pathetic
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by asha80(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2015
chudidonas:
blame fg as that is federal rd
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by drshrewd: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2015
chudidonas:
shut up! when we are talking about federal government project you are insinuating state government. GEJ was in office for over six bad years and neglected the whole of SS/SE and you are talking about visionary nonsense. in fact GERAT!
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by chudidonas(m): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2015
drshrewd:

shut up! when we are talking about federal government project you are insinuating state government. GEJ was in office for over six bad years and neglected the whole of SS/SE and you are talking about visionary nonsense. in fact GERAT!

You are a very huge _idiot for your inability to make comments without including derogatory remarks. Please, I am not arguing with you. Find your class!
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2015
@ op, I thought you were rochASS die hard fan. What happened?,I thought you said that he has taken Imo state to an enviable level , why then speak otherwise about Imo state......
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by drshrewd: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2015
chudidonas:

You are a very huge _idiot for your inability to make comments without including derogatory remarks. Please, I am not arguing with you. Find your class!
you really lack capacity to comprehend the issue of discourse and what I posited was the least you dessert. deal with it
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is just one of the many roads in abysmal state in Imo, even the "supposed" newly constructed roads being sung about have become hazards, laden with man-made erosion and gullies, those quack contractors are just inviting the curse of nature upon the people with their own hands. I don't reside in the state particularly, but if you doubt take a trip to nkwo umuchima or the famous ugwu urashi on orlu-urualla-akokwa Road, you'll understand what am saying.

The state of umuapu section on owerri/ph expressway is no longer news to nairalanders or should I encourage people who are close enough to take a trip to the amanator/isiekenesi sections on urualla/ntueke-okwelle Road, this one happens to be in the governor's LGA, totally cut off, am sure many must have heard about umuguma road in owerri West, nobody will even want to hear of the poly nekede-futo ihiagwa road, I passed orlu-orsu-ihiala Road obliviously sometime last month, brothers I saw hell, I can chose to continue because it's an unending tale and please you people should not even come with that it's a federal Road chant. Last I checked there's no roads in such conditions in all neighbouring states, I wonder if no federal Road passes through those states. The big question is what us happening?

Honestly I was one of the many youths that campaigned and voted for Rochas back in 2011, but to be honest, am sorely disappointed seeing where the state is headed.

4 Likes

Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by vanbonattel: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
luchy34:
@ op, I thought you were rochASS die hard fan. What happened?,I thought you said that he has taken Imo state to an enviable level , why then speak otherwise about Imo state......

op is a complete cockROACH, this is the same bastr@d that spent 24 hours everyday to decieve imolites to vote the fraud called okorocha. ikwerre he goat. cool

1 Like

Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by vanbonattel: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
chudidonas:

This should make FP so that Igbos and Imolites will come and discuss the abysmal condition of their beloved state. Its pathetic

discuss what, when i was warning you guys you chose to believe ashawo berem and he goat abagworro, now endure the 4 years of waste. unu abanyela one chance grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by chudidonas(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

discuss what, when i was warning you guys you chose to believe ashawo berem and he goat abagworro, now endure the 4 years of waste. unu abanyela one chance grin grin grin grin grin grin

My brother, apart from Ararume(who imolitees term 'killer'), is there any other political heavy weight that can defeat Rochas? Nnaa, Options are too thin
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by BobomeeWeeklyP(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
Imo roads are in bad shape now.

As for me am
"Bobomeeweeklyprofit" Ranking 5. http://www.forextime.com/forex-investments/investment-program/rating/2019749/
Making 20percent weekly profit is possible. My 10 (TEN) years experience in Forex trading has started yeilding results.
You only need to INVEST and see your money grow like Ceder tree.
Let a proffessional,practical,pragmatic,principled,panache and PROFITABLE Forex trader trade for you.
I made at least 20percent last week, I have made at least 20percent this week, and i will make at least 20percent next week.
I did it last week, am doing it this week, i will do it next week.
Am focussing on making profit of 1000%(ROI) in few months time from now. Join us. The ealier the better! better!! better!!!
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by drshrewd: 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
engrkenny:
This is just one of the many roads in abysmal state in Imo, even the "supposed" newly constructed roads being sung about have become hazards, laden with man-made erosion and gullies, those quack contractors are just inviting the curse of nature upon the people with their own hands. I don't reside in the state particularly, but if you doubt take a trip to nkwo umuchima or the famous ugwu urashi on orlu-urualla-akokwa Road, you'll understand what am saying.

The state of umuapu section on owerri/ph expressway is no longer news to nairalanders or should I encourage people who are close enough to take a trip to the amanator/isiekenesi sections on urualla/ntueke-okwelle Road, this one happens to be in the governor's LGA, totally cut off, am sure many must have heard about umuguma road in owerri West, nobody will even want to hear of the poly nekede-futo ihiagwa road, I passed orlu-orsu-ihiala Road obliviously sometime last month, brothers I saw hell, I can chose to continue because it's an unending tale and please you people should not even come with that it's a federal Road chant. Last I checked there's no roads in such conditions in all neighbouring states, I wonder if no federal Road passes through those states. The big question is what us happening?

Honestly I was one of the many youths that campaigned and voted for Rochas back in 2011, but to be honest, am sorely disappointed seeing where the state is headed.
children of hate instead of blaming the former drunkard we had as president for his negligence you are venting your unguided vituperation on an innocent state governor
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by mandax: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
If Buhari answers the call for repairs of federal roads in Imo state,
to whom do suffering Orlu urban dwellers appeal to for repairs, asphalting and dredging of about 30 urban roads in the town nearly fully built with houses on both sides?

Imo governor Okorocha and Orlu are not mentioned on the same page since 2013; except during the last gubernatorial election.
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by badnature: 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
abagworo anumanu okwa ka ndi ofe jiri ya ko nmadu onu echie? ijiot!

1 Like

Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

op is a complete cockROACH, this is the same bastr@d that spent 24 hours everyday to decieve imolites to vote the fraud called okorocha. ikwerre he goat. cool
ohoo is he from ikwerre? I thought he's from Imo state..
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by Beremx(f): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
God will punish anyone who blames Rochas for the deplorable state of federal roads in IMO state.
Re: Poor Roads, Dead Industries. Imo Community Appeals To Fg by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:
God will punish anyone who blames Rochas for the deplorable state of federal roads in IMO state.

Nne kedu undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te / see the father Christmas Jonathan created ( Pic?) / CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.