Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (48794 Views)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now / NGE Confirmed They Took N50m From Jonathan, Claims Unfairly Targeted By Buhari / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by kennyddonn(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2015
Ovamboland:

Collecting such money for whatever use means you makes you already compromised. Immediately you collect it becomes your's defacto, how you later use it is immaterial.
I also pity the mentality of those who liked your post, they reek of same greed and gluttony.

The spirit of Saul is clear here, he kept the fat sheep and cattle he was meant to destroy under the pretext he wants to make a sumptuous sacrifice to God. God can never be a partner in laundering dirty money under the pretext of missionary or helping the poor
what people like u thinks is not important, that's why I said it will be between and your God.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesycheesy Bros, something doesn't add up in this story...Also, Jonathan can afford to part ways with $50,000 easily knowing all the offices he's occupied with attendant legal benefits, allowances, gratuities, pensions, and many more ...I can't remember where I read this $50,000 story last year or so but it wasn't told this way...Was any crime committed here by giving Bakare a pastor, politician and maybe friend money? ...Kindly state the crime committed plz and how?
Are you even listening to yourself?? There's no crime giving someone money for transport...but the amount is outrageous!!!! Is he travelling to the moon in the first place? That goes a long way to justify statements that jonathan plundered our resource...worst still, the man rejected it...by the way, bakare is NO politician..watch your mouth..
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by omenka(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2015
Mynd44:
Wait $50,000 for transport?

How wont the Naira crash when even the government turned $ into the legal tender?

This is beyond crazy
It has always been a legal tender. I think you meant to say "domestic currency".
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2015
christinie:
You ain't saying nothing.
If you are curious you'll google it.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Are you even listening to yourself?? There's no crime giving someone money for transport...but the amount is outrageous!!!! Is he travelling to the moon in the first place? That goes a long way to justify statements that jonathan plundered our resource...worst still, the man rejected it...by the way, bakare is NO politician..watch your mouth..

By saying that bakare isn't a politician shows who's biased with sentiments here...It's big money to you but not to him...Is there any proof that it is stolen money?...People give based on their capacity and worth of receiver....Do you know how many bottles of champagne wasted Friday night by a mere importer in a club?...it maybe big money to you but not to.him...Stop poverty mentality of seeing rich men as thieves because one didn't make as much notwithstanding working harder...thanks
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by omogidi234(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2015
Moderators, please what are you guys doing about people who post irrelevant post in a thread? It should be checked now. Haba! What is politics got to do with carport for instance?
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by clemz88(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2015
madridguy:
Confession time on point. Oya, let the Hell gate keeper and bling bling pastors tell us what they benefited from the Most corrupt leader on earth.
let God be the judge
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:28am On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

By saying that bakare isn't a politician shows who's biased with sentiments here...It's big money to you but not to him...Is there any proof that it is stolen money?...People give based on their capacity and worth of receiver....Do you know how many bottles of champagne wasted Friday night by a mere importer in a club?...it maybe big money to you but not to.him...Stop poverty mentality of seeing rich men as thieves because one didn't make as much notwithstanding working harder...thanks
How much is GEJ 'Legal' salary for him to give someone that amount? Try convert the sum in Naira and cover your face in shame....why do you guys so much refuse to accept the blunt truth that GEJ sponsored waste in governance? You guys ALWAYS make it look like any person that criticises him is a Northerner...mind you I repeat, Bakare is no politician; that buhari picked him in 2011 doesn't make him a politician...b4 then has he contested for ANY public position? What of after 2011 election What party could you say he belongs to? Same like Osinbajo, VP...he was not a politician until he was picked by buhari/tinubu....real politicians are PARTY MEN...get it once and for all..
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by madridguy(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2015
You will surely run mad till your last day on earth. Take it or you leave, you will run mad, contact incurable disease, and die like fowl so shall it be.

Mister2:

In the first instance, I transfer your madness to you, your family and your generation yet unborn in Jesus name!
Secondly, yes it's a threat. You can actually have an incurable disease as you roam the street in madness!
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by sucess001(m): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2015
luchy34:
don't mind that hypocrite. I was about to say the same thing, every one now claims to be a saint under PMB....

Bakare doesn't nid to say anything to get ministerial appointment. He was running mate to Buhari. His candidacy wasn't even like osibanjo dt was chosen by someone else....he was trusted enuf to be buhari's 2nd in command....Buhari has been asking him to join him in foreign trips...even the trip to the US...wat does he nid ministerial position for?
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:38am On Sep 12, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
How much is GEJ 'Legal' salary for him to give someone that amount? Try convert the sum in Naira and cover your face in shame....why do you guys so much refuse to accept the blunt truth that GEJ sponsored waste in governance? You guys ALWAYS make it look like any person that criticises him is a Northerner...mind you I repeat, Bakare is no politician; that buhari picked him in 2011 doesn't make him a politician...b4 then has he contested for ANY public position? What of after 2011 election What party could you say he belongs to? Same like Osinbajo, VP...he was not a politician until he was picked by buhari/tinubu....real politicians are PARTY MEN...get it once and for all..

My last comment on this issue...Bakare like Osibanjo are politicians...They all have their party cards...Osibanjo has been active politician even during Tinubu term as governor...Wake up bro...

Jonathan aside his pay as former civil servant... earns money as former deputy governor...as former governor...as former VP...as former President... His annual salary as president is less than N15million but check out his allowances and bow... Politicians make money NOT from salaries but allowances which runs into billions...eg Senator earns about 600,000 as salary but earns 47million as allowance... Even Fayose challenged Buhari on this open secret when buhari said he's cutting his salary by 50% ...
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by An2elect2(f): 11:57am On Sep 12, 2015
JoeCutie:
I thought you'd be an ardent believer of these so called Nigerian 'Me of God'. grin

LOL. Actually am at the other side...i criticise everything 'criticisable' in our church system grin Which sane person wont!
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by shaqhead: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
An2elect2:
well...they cant deceive me undecided Pastor my foot.
Pastor my foot? As mch as u r entitled 2 an opinion, and wt a respectable precedence on issues of d christian faith comin from u, couldnt help noticing d incongruity of ds ur comment! Shallom
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by An2elect2(f): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
shaqhead:

Pastor my foot? As mch as u r entitled 2 an opinion, and wt a respectable precedence on issues of d christian faith comin from u, couldnt help noticing d incongruity of ds ur comment! Shallom

Have i ever spoken well of any Nigerian pastor that you noticed my incongruous comment? you are probably mixing me up with someone else dear
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Mister2: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
madridguy:
You will surely run mad till your last day on earth. Take it or you leave, you will run mad, contact incurable disease, and die like fowl so shall it be.

Your words are powerless and cannot fly; they only hit your lips and return back to consume you, all your love ones, and establish a generational altar of agony, incurable disease, poverty, madness and death, so generations yet unborn in your family will also suffer same fate you will suffer now.

However, because I am speaking in defence of a genuine man of God who constantly speak against the blood of innocent Christians being shed in the north, my DECLARATIONS to you is backed by God, the heavens, the water your drink, the soil you walk on, and animate and inanimate object created by God.

So therefore, my Declarations, together with the ones you've uttered SHALL COME TO PASS IN YOUR LIFE and FAMILY in Jesus name!
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by shaqhead: 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=An2elect2 post=37934029]

Have i ever spoken well of any Nigerian pastor that you noticed my incongruous comment? you are probably mixing me up with someone else dear[/quote
Mixing u up wt som1 els? Nope! I hv calld u out on an occasion in d past on a certain comment like ds. I hv read certain of ur comments n respct ur depth n ds comin frm u on ds pastor or any odr is a No No!

Its curious dt u dnt seem to c and cnt say any gd abt ANY nigerian pastor (ds is assumin dt u hv interfaced wt ALL of dem) but shdnt our comments b savoured wt salt evn wen we believ we are speakn frm a positn of superior undrstandn?

Do hv a lovely day dear!
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

My last comment on this issue...Bakare like Osibanjo are politicians...They all have their party cards...Osibanjo has been active politician even during Tinubu term as governor...Wake up bro...

Jonathan aside his pay as former civil servant... earns money as former deputy governor...as former governor...as former VP...as former President... His annual salary as president is less than N15million but check out his allowances and bow... Politicians make money NOT from salaries but allowances which runs into billions...eg Senator earns about 600,000 as salary but earns 47million as allowance... Even Fayose challenged Buhari on this open secret when buhari said he's cutting his salary by 50% ...
You are the 1 that needs to wake up...I challenge u to name the party u claim bakare belongs to and provide his 'party card'...not all public office holders are politician mr man...that Osinbajo was commissioner of justice under tinubu, doesn't make him a politician...wake up! Wake up!! The judicial arm of government is NON-PARTISAN!!!! As usual, u ud conjure up nonsense in defense...
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by 989900: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mister2:

Be careful about how you address and what you say about our revered men of God, else, you may be plagued with an incurable ailment. Be warned!

#maga
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by 989900: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
according to Pastor Tunde Bakari [s]how did he know that the money given to him was 50000 USD?[/s] Why is he saying it now? Brother, how much do you think Goodluck should very given him for transports? I still ask, is it wrong to give your guest food n money?

Appropriate question: How much is the salary of the president?

The part struck through is so dumb.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by ModiKen(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
kennyddonn:
yu are right, but I just believe someone's conviction is better than people portraying u with a bad image.

Well said, well said.

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by dedons: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
fejikudz:
Infact, i was one of those christains who always criticize this man and think he is fake.. But after i listened to one of his sermons on radio one day, From that day, i changed my thinking about him..

Seriously, i don't know why Christians like condemning each other.. You hardly see muslims do such thing
God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by christinie(f): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
Am not a cat.
OrlandoOwoh:

If you are curious you'll google it.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by JoeCutie(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
An2elect2:

LOL. Actually am at the other side...i criticise everything 'criticisable' in our church system grin Which sane person wont!
You gotta watch your back oh before those blind and gullible worshipers of 'Men of God' rip off the small ass wey you still get oh. cheesy
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
christinie:
Am not a cat.
You shouldn't have asked for a link in the first place.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by christinie(f): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
Send the link and stop winning already.
OrlandoOwoh:

You shouldn't have asked for a link in the first place.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by josite: 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
will Samuel take a pen from saul if saul is at variance with GOD'S direction?.will Moses take anybody to pharaoh's palace and sat wit pharaoh to eat?.
This is a great revelation of how xtain leaders hobnob with power and sold us cheap rather than stay on the side of GOD all through and suffer the consequences with the poor masses.

ive said it before and now it is confirmed the so called MOG are after their own belly.

They have gotten moneys/cars/jets from jonathan and lets see how the angels of GOD will pilot gifts looted from Nigeria's masses.

bless u pastor bakare,over to the rest,come and confess before judgement begins in the pulpit.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
christinie:
Send the link and stop winning already.
www.google.com

That is the link. In the bar that displays, type "DSS invite Bakare over sermon."
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by christinie(f): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
Letu mi cheku
OrlandoOwoh:

www.google.com

That is the link. In the bar that displays, type "DSS invite Bakare over sermon."
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by An2elect2(f): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
JoeCutie:
You gotta watch your back oh before those blind and gullible worshipers of 'Men of God' rip off the small ass wey you still get oh. cheesy

JoeCutie!

God has my back, who won try cheesy
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by JoeCutie(m): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
An2elect2:

JoeCutie!
God has my back, who won try cheesy
Well...I could try oh. tongue cheesy
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by fx45(m): 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
merry02:
If I can't be precise on Buhari ministerial nominees, I am sure of pastor tunde bakare
From a Vice-Presidential running mate to a minister Is that a forward or backwards movement?
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
Editor1:
Nigerian Pastor, Tunde Bakare, has disclosed details of his meetings with former President Goodluck Jonathan, and what he benefitted from the former leader while he was in office.

Mr. Bakare, a former running-mate of President Muhammadu Buhari on the platform of defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in 2011, said he wrote four -point letter to Mr. Jonathan, calling his attention to the level of impunity in his administration.

Giving details of what he benefitted from the immediate past president, Mr. Bakare said, “Let everyone declare what he has received. I can tell you what I received. I took two people there one day and he invited us to dinner. I had a bad sore throat that day, so I took a pass regarding the dinner.
“Another day, I took a couple there and I took a cup of tea. I told you about the $50,000 which I refused, but that was Orubebe. He sent me a cow at Christmas – which I gave the staff to kill – and a hamper through our pastor in Abuja, but I told him to keep it.”

Mr. Bakare stated this in an interview with an Abuja-based magazine, THE INTERVIEW.

The pastor revealed that at a point, the former president offered to give him “something”, which he refused and opted for simply a pen.

“Finally, when the opportunity came and he (Jonathan) said, ‘I will like to give you something’. I [then] said ‘I like pens: so if you must give me anything, let it be a pen, so that I can show it to my people and say ‘the president gave me a pen,’” he disclosed.

He said one day, after a meeting with Mr. Jonathan, a former minister in charge of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, rushed to offer him $50,000 for “transport”, an offer the pastor said he turned down.
“When we were leaving, Orubebe ran after me and offered me $50,000 for my transport. I said, ‘Haba, take your money, I am not for sale’. We said goodbye to him and the rest is history,” Mr. Bakare said.

Giving details of his meeting with the former president, Mr. Bakare said, “When he (Jonathan) became president, I said to him, ‘the things we marched and protested against, you are now perpetrating them – the same impunity’”.

“I gave him four points in writing. Before we left Lagos, I gave a copy to Pastor Adeboye and another to General Alani Akinrinade. I said, ‘we are going to say goodbye to this man’ because if a man cannot keep his own side of the bargain, because if you got here by the grace of God and not because of any pedigree and, within 10 years, had become the president of Nigeria.

“God has brought you into the kingdom for such a time as this, so you cannot begin to commit the same impunity,” he said.

Mr. Bakare said in another meeting with the former president, he (Jonathan) told him that he needed someone to tell him the truth.

“He reached out to me later and said, ‘look, let’s put that behind us; Nigeria’s situation is critical.’”
“Before I went, I called General Buhari and said ‘this man invited me, I don’t know what for.’ When I got there, he said he needed someone who could tell him the truth always. I said, ‘if that is what you want, you have me at your side,’” he said.

Mr. Bakare therefore challenged religious leaders to declare what Mr. Jonathan gave him, saying the clergy did not tell the former president the truth because they benefitted from him.

“However, you see, Christian leaders benefitted tremendously from his administration in terms of licences and waivers. The thing is, when you allow those in power to get you into any compromise, speaking to them will be very difficult.

“I don’t know if any of those allegations were true, but I have seen enough to begin to think that they were not able to use our overwhelming influence. If you have benefitted from evil, you cannot talk about it, nor criticize it. Let everyone declare what he has received,” Mr. Bakare said in the magazine interview.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189873-what-i-benefited-from-jonathan-pastor-bakare.html

all these lies coming from a pastor who wants appointments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kuje Hospital Rejects Lady Butchered On Election Day In Abuja(photos,video) / Mustapha Abubakar And Salihu Yakasai Have Dinner Together (Photo) / EFCC Intercepts ₦‎32.4 Million Cash Meant For Vote-Buying In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.