Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (48796 Views)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now / NGE Confirmed They Took N50m From Jonathan, Claims Unfairly Targeted By Buhari / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
The most painful aspect is that even after reading this; whynhetruth would still rush to open another thread..asking his dumb rhetorical question...'Was jonathan that corrupt??'

cheesycheesy Bros, something doesn't add up in this story...Also, Jonathan can afford to part ways with $50,000 easily knowing all the offices he's occupied with attendant legal benefits, allowances, gratuities, pensions, and many more ...I can't remember where I read this $50,000 story last year or so but it wasn't told this way...Was any crime committed here by giving Bakare a pastor, politician and maybe friend money? ...Kindly state the crime committed plz and how?

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by PtitLapin(f): 7:06am On Sep 12, 2015
Appareil:
Meme toi? Et Tu means and you! Et toi(you) and you? Meme toi is the correct phrase. Merci et Bon nuit.

Et Tu? can also mean even you? or you too? It is Latin, not French so it is Tu not Toi. Julius Caesar's last words as he died were "Et Tu, Brute", meaning you too, Brutus? to signify deep betrayal. Today, Et Tu, Brute or Et Tu is commonly used sarcastically when someone does something unthinkable (Brutus-like actions).

LOL... I didn't mean to turn the conversation away from Pastor Bakare, I just love languages... and literature :-)

3 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by kennyddonn(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2015
ModiKen:

Pastor Bakare is not just a man of God, he is also a politician; he stood for election along side PMB.

He is not a kid or a novice, he sure knows these sorts of "gifts" come back to hurt u.

He was in the opposition and accepting a gift from PDP would have just fallen his hand beyond measure, even if he uses it to help the less priviledged.

Imagine Orubebe telling Bakare to "sharappp, that was he not the one he gave $50,000 dollars as bribe for one thing or the other". Next thing they start trading words just like Oshiomole and Okonji-Iweala did for a while.

Even if the truth comes out later, the harm has already been done and his image would have been damaged.

So he was wise not to accept it. In politics, treat goes around, surely comes around.
yu are right, but I just believe someone's conviction is better than people portraying u with a bad image.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by focus7: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2015
kennyddonn:
well said anyway....

hope u didn't collect money from some other people sha

but if I were to be him I won't reject I wud rather use d money wisely

maybe for missionary or the needy

I only knows it's between me and my maker
Bakare has been offered something bigger than that and turned them down, he's rich and contented.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by JoeCutie(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2015
An2elect2:

yes, even me!
I thought you'd be an ardent believer of these so called Nigerian 'Me of God'. grin
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by JoeCutie(m): 7:24am On Sep 12, 2015
babafirst:
You mean some of these guyz never read 'Julius Caesar'?-The popular Et tu Brute(Brutus) in Latin.
It's not surprising. Not everybody has read it. I've not myself.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by neocortex: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2015
So says a failed presidential hopeful.
Bakare is a disgrace to the church.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by shamecurls(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Editor1:
Nigerian Pastor, Tunde Bakare, has disclosed details of his meetings with former President Goodluck Jonathan, and what he benefitted from the former leader while he was in office.

Mr. Bakare, a former running-mate of President Muhammadu Buhari on the platform of defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in 2011, said he wrote four -point letter to Mr. Jonathan, calling his attention to the level of impunity in his administration.

Giving details of what he benefitted from the immediate past president, Mr. Bakare said, “Let everyone declare what he has received. I can tell you what I received. I took two people there one day and he invited us to dinner. I had a bad sore throat that day, so I took a pass regarding the dinner.
“Another day, I took a couple there and I took a cup of tea. I told you about the $50,000 which I refused, but that was Orubebe. He sent me a cow at Christmas – which I gave the staff to kill – and a hamper through our pastor in Abuja, but I told him to keep it.”

Mr. Bakare stated this in an interview with an Abuja-based magazine, THE INTERVIEW.

The pastor revealed that at a point, the former president offered to give him “something”, which he refused and opted for simply a pen.

“Finally, when the opportunity came and he (Jonathan) said, ‘I will like to give you something’. I [then] said ‘I like pens: so if you must give me anything, let it be a pen, so that I can show it to my people and say ‘the president gave me a pen,’” he disclosed.

He said one day, after a meeting with Mr. Jonathan, a former minister in charge of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, rushed to offer him $50,000 for “transport”, an offer the pastor said he turned down.
[size=18pt]“When we were leaving, Orubebe ran after me and offered me $50,000 for my transport[/size]. I said, ‘Haba, take your money, I am not for sale’. We said goodbye to him and the rest is history,” Mr. Bakare said.

Giving details of his meeting with the former president, Mr. Bakare said, “When he (Jonathan) became president, I said to him, ‘the things we marched and protested against, you are now perpetrating them – the same impunity’”.

“I gave him four points in writing. Before we left Lagos, I gave a copy to Pastor Adeboye and another to General Alani Akinrinade. I said, ‘we are going to say goodbye to this man’ because if a man cannot keep his own side of the bargain, because if you got here by the grace of God and not because of any pedigree and, within 10 years, had become the president of Nigeria.

“God has brought you into the kingdom for such a time as this, so you cannot begin to commit the same impunity,” he said.

[size=18pt]Mr. Bakare said in another meeting with the former president, he (Jonathan) told him that he needed someone to tell him the truth.[/size]

“He reached out to me later and said, ‘look, let’s put that behind us; Nigeria’s situation is critical.’”
“Before I went, I called General Buhari and said ‘this man invited me, I don’t know what for.’ When I got there, he said he needed someone who could tell him the truth always. I said, ‘if that is what you want, you have me at your side,’” he said.

[size=18pt]Mr. Bakare therefore challenged religious leaders to declare what Mr. Jonathan gave him, saying the clergy did not tell the former president the truth because they benefitted from him.[/size]

[size=18pt]“However, you see, Christian leaders benefitted tremendously from his administration in terms of licences and waivers.[/size] The thing is, when you allow those in power to get you into any compromise, speaking to them will be very difficult.

“I don’t know if any of those allegations were true, but I have seen enough to begin to think that they were not able to use our overwhelming influence. If you have benefitted from evil, you cannot talk about it, nor criticize it[size=18pt].[b] Let everyone declare what he has received,”[/size] Mr. Bakare said in the magazine interview.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189873-what-i-benefited-from-jonathan-pastor-bakare.html
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by joseph1832(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2015
Mister2:

Next time, make a generic statement, and do not mention Pastor Ayo's name; be careful so you don't truncate your destiny with your utterances!
I guess Ayo Oritsejafor is your god? And he has the power to alter your destiny?

Well I case you don't know my destiny isn't in the hands our any corrupt man of god, its in my own hands.

Ayo Oritsejafor is a gun runner that's why I've given him the nick name Machine Gun Oritsejafor. You can choke on this.

neocortex:
So says a failed presidential hopeful.
Bakare is a disgrace to the church.
If Bakare is a disgrace to the church what will you now say about Chris Okotie, Chris Oyakhilomen, Ayo Oritsejafor?

Name one bad thing Tunde Bakare has done that smeared the name of the church?

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by aderonkedeborah(f): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2015
It is well..God bless Nigeria
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by homesteady(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2015
$50k for transport? haaa! Thank God this sort of people are out of Aso rock!

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by omogidi234(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2015
dedons:
I lost my respect for Bakare long ago...

And for those of you christians who are always quick to condemn Pastor ORITSEJAFOR...

All I can say is that you do not know what you are doing.

Well said sir, however, some of us still respect him. He was given a brand new Rolls Royce for his 60th birthday, he rejected it because he said if he accepted it, it would amount to hypocrisy (preaching against something and doing it). Nobody has accused him of sexual escapades, at least I know about one or two Pastors that have been accused of sexual escapades in this nation, one of them was even rewarded heavily after the accusation. He does not have a jet or jets that would warrant him enjoying waivers from FAAN, NAMA (on behalf of FG) such that when FG is misbehaving they won't be able to talk. He is not perfect, he has not said he is perfect, we have not said he is perfect. In fact his favourite quote is '' the best among men is still a man, so please continue to pray for me''. What that means is that, even though you are MOG, you are still a man .You can make mistakes, when you do, admit and repent but don't come and tell us ''we will give a robust answer when the time comes''. Sir, when you need someone to look up to as a True Christian Leader in Nigeria, as at today oh (I don't know about tomorrow), Tunde Bakare will come ahead of the other pairs- take it or leave it.
NB. I am not saying it is bad as MOG to enjoy bounties from Government but if the bounties would colour your judgment, you better don't accept it.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by davidque007(m): 7:48am On Sep 12, 2015
My problem with most people who comments on nairaland is that they make inferences and judgements from an ignorant, chauvinist and biased point of view. Some just want to hear that something bad is said about a person they don't like so they latch on to it. The most misleading source of information is the internet media: blogs and online newspapers etc. For example, when Bsp oyedepo was said to have said that 'he will open the gates of hell on anyone that didn't vote jonathan', that news was so fake, so mischievious, a clear attempt to paint him black. If you listened to the message of that service you wouldn't hear such at all, then where did it emanate from. Many other news that appear in blogs and other online sources are just as fake and mischievious. However, am not saying every news is fake, but many are fake

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by EzeCanada: 8:14am On Sep 12, 2015
......Anything for a ministerial nomination.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by omogidi234(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2015
EzeCanada:
......Anything for a ministerial nomination.

I like your user name- EzeCanada. Not EzeNigeria.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by amp01(m): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2015
There is no govt house in nigeria u visit,that won't give u transport money.I went for a meeting once in a state in southwest and I wish it is a weekly meeting.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by gumaveddy(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2015
dedons:
I lost my respect for Bakare long ago...

And for those of you christians who are always quick to condemn Pastor ORITSEJAFOR...

All I can say is that you do not know what you are doing.
do u notice when PDP where insulting and sayin al kind of trash on BUHARI this tunde bakare also contribute it ON AIT from that time he also one among them
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by nickxtra(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
I thought orubebe was an elder. Was he a church elder or a council of chiefs elder?
No wonder Oshiomhole called him an elevated garage tout.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by fejikudz(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2015
dedons:
sir,I seriously don't know why our own Nigerian christians have refused to see the battle which this man is fighting on their behalf.
Infact, i was one of those christains who always criticize this man and think he is fake.. But after i listened to one of his sermons on radio one day, From that day, i changed my thinking about him..

Seriously, i don't know why Christians like condemning each other.. You hardly see muslims do such thing

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by MahatmaGhandi: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2015
This is self serving and hypocritic at best. People with an eye for truth will see through the intent of this man's show of shame. If the former president is a criminal, you guys should try him in a court of competent jurisdiction and get this over with, this media trial should stop at once. Africans use to pride themselves in the wisdom of their elders, but I can see we now have a generation of elders that have lost touch with justice and fairness and have joined the wagon of character assassins and all that is amoral. it is said that a child may not know enough to loose a goat from its rope when it is in labour, however it is an abomination for a goat to give birth to its young while it is still being tied to a pole in the presence of an elder, Apart from being a General, the president has seen a lot of days and should know better.

In addition to the above, I must say that I fear for Nigeria. The burden of justice and fairness cannot be left to the conscience and discretion of one man no matter how saintly he appears, it is impractical to say the president is incorruptible. Even if he is, he is still subject to errors and misjudgements. What I see scares me in the sense that people loyal to the president are leading him to the gallows by making him think that he and his perceived team of loyal adherents are the embodiment of all that Nigerians desire. Also this does not help the process of nation and institution building, rather it presents us with a shepherd that may leave soon and set the house in chaos. Well back to Tunde Bakare, IN MY OPINION, he has since shifted from being a fair and neutral critic of government to a partisan stakeholder, his words cannot and should not be taken seriously as he has joined the train people of seeking favours from the president. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Mister2: 9:13am On Sep 12, 2015
madridguy:
Do I sound like someone you can scared or what ? So saying what everyone knows now has turned to threat now ? Maybe you want to run mad for the rest of your life for saying such jargon.

In the first instance, I transfer your madness to you, your family and your generation yet unborn in Jesus name!
Secondly, yes it's a threat. You can actually have an incurable disease as you roam the street in madness!
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Mister2: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2015
joseph1832:
I guess Ayo Oritsejafor is your god? And he has the power to alter your destiny?

Well I case you don't know my destiny isn't in the hands our any corrupt man of god, its in my own hands.

Ayo Oritsejafor is a gun runner that's why I've given him the nick name Machine Gun Oritsejafor. You can choke on this.

If Bakare is a disgrace to the church what will you now say about Chris Okotie, Chris Oyakhilomen, Ayo Oritsejafor?

Name one bad thing Tunde Bakare has done that smeared the name of the church?
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by deebsman1(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2015
Don't mind the idiots, its been there practice for ages.
Orikinla:
. If US$50, 000 is for only transport from Abuja to Lagos, then I wonder how much they spent on transport from Abuja to London, New York and other places overseas.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by christinie(f): 9:50am On Sep 12, 2015
grin grin grin post the links to the news.
OrlandoOwoh:

Bakare has always spoken out. The DSS was always inviting him over his sermons. A programme of his that was running on Channels was cut on the way with orders from the NBC. All this happened under Jonathan.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:52am On Sep 12, 2015
christinie:
grin grin grin post the links to the news.
You may google it.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by babafirst(m): 9:53am On Sep 12, 2015
JoeCutie:
It's not surprising. Not everybody has read it. I've not myself.
hmmm,I am old school ,it was popular in our days.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by JoeCutie(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2015
babafirst:
hmmm,I am old school ,it was popular in our days.
It's not about you being 'old school', it's about me not reading it. That book has always been there and always popular. I just didn't get to read it, even though I read a host of other Shakespeare's works.

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by christinie(f): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2015
You ain't saying nothing.
OrlandoOwoh:

You may google it.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Ovamboland(m): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2015
kennyddonn:
well said anyway....

hope u didn't collect money from some other people sha

but if I were to be him I won't reject I wud rather use d money wisely

maybe for missionary or the needy

I only knows it's between me and my maker

Collecting such money for whatever use means you makes you already compromised. Immediately you collect it becomes your's defacto, how you later use it is immaterial.
I also pity the mentality of those who liked your post, they reek of same greed and gluttony.

The spirit of Saul is clear here, he kept the fat sheep and cattle he was meant to destroy under the pretext he wants to make a sumptuous sacrifice to God. God can never be a partner in laundering dirty money under the pretext of missionary or helping the poor
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by 2dillu2(m): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2015
Oceemo:
Thank God for Nigerians
Imagine a person like orubebe offering $50,000 just for transport Kai GEJ we have suffered in your hands cry
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by ostopsmich(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2015
For your overweight, pot belly/protruding tummy issues, check this website for natural solution http://healthylivingconsults.com/fatloss.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola Inaugurates Rivers Flyover, Commends Wike’s Urban Renewal Scheme / Iyabo Obasanjo Walking With Daugther Of Fmr American President,jimmy Carter.pics / EFCC Intercepts ₦‎32.4 Million Cash Meant For Vote-Buying In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.