Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387169 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mrdigitech:
Guys for those of us using foreign profiles on Upwork, it is not possible to withdraw to local Nigerian banks. There are only 3 options : ACH, Wire Transfer and PayPal.
The things we see and read

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Mrdigitech(m): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
keishik:
The things we see and read
lol... My brother man must survive ooh, albeit legally. Well, I want to migrate my account back home but Upwork needs special documentation to do that, especially if you have a U.S account. The only other option is closing the account. I can't afford to do that at this time of recession. My resolve is to milk and enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Fiverr PayPal withdrawal available Rate 310/$ only withdrawing $100 and above.

See contact in signature..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
tonyx4x44:

1. Yes, I got a few jobs on the free account.

2. I upgraded the first time I ran out of connects (within two weeks of joining Upwork)... yes I sent 30 proposals in 2 weeks... About 55 proposals the first month. 30 from regular connects, 10 from upgrade bonus, and 15 from Rising star bonus.

3. Since upgrading, I have not noticed any difference in job availability. However, I do like some of the perks of the paid plan such as rollover connects and viewing bid range on jobs.
I didn't receive ur pm, you can reach me @ aredeatimi at gmail dot com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mrdigitech:
lol... My brother man must survive ooh, albeit legally. Well, I want to migrate my account back home but Upwork needs special documentation to do that, especially if you have a U.S account. The only other option is closing the account. I can't afford to do that at this time of recession. My resolve is to milk and enjoy it while it lasts.
Lol, I understand. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
@ Victor 101, thanks for answering my question. writeboy and kachiz thanks for your advice.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 11:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
I know what that means. But get ready, you will be unable to send proposals and withdraw any money. After which your account will be suspended. If you do not speak up, they'll deactivate it.

All the best.

Mrdigitech:
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 11:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
My brethen, brace up yourselves. Upwork is upon you if you're using a phony (foreign) account.

My new US account which is barely 1 week old has been marked for video verification. Apparently, I'm still a Nigerian male with a virtual US feminine citizenship.

Na so the account go ooo with my expected 15 dollars.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DoyenExchange: 6:35am On Mar 31, 2017
50 Small and Big Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates.

Do you know that there are big and small businesses you can start in Nigeria that will not put holes in your pockets? They are every day businesses you never think that they will make you a millionaire. www.doyenexchange.com/invest_opps.php contains a list of over 50 businesses you can start immediately in Nigeria and their cost estimates.

You will be amazed!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 6:53am On Mar 31, 2017
Exoticstan:
Payment happens in about a day. I have once been paid in 10 minutes and another time, in 1hour. This is safer than using exchqngers, and Upwork's rates are not bad. It was 369.375/$ when I withdrew on Monday, and has been like that for weeks now

thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by cooltony09: 7:38am On Mar 31, 2017
Good books and articles writers needed urgently...Send your details to fitempire09@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ssolaoye: 7:46am On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Mrdigitech(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2017
tolajay:
I know what that means. But get ready, you will be unable to send proposals and withdraw any money. After which your account will be suspended. If you do not speak up, they'll deactivate it.

All the best.

lol...I must tell you, I live in fear of the inevitable each day, especially with regards to my U.S Upwork account. The video verification step is now a standard requirement for all new accounts or profiles (verified info from Upwork forum). However, I doubt if that current wave of verification or account suspension hammering foreign, dodgy profiles will happen to me anytime soon. The U.S account I'm operating is about 11 months old with more than 50 projects completed. It has a Top Rated badge and a JSS of 98%. I have only used a single IP address in accessing this account. I never made the mistake of logging in with the wrong IP. I Used a white man's picture initially but then changed to my real picture a few months back. So I can do skype with clients and video chat with support without fear. However, I encourage people to use their genuine profile and location. It pays in the long run. Imagine having taken time to build a stellar, money-spitting profile, only to lose it due to false location or identity. I wish I could just migrate my profile the way it is to fly the Nigerian flag, so I could live happily ever after, but then I remember my faulty foundation. The IRS of U.S have already threatened me through Upwork early this year for wrong W-9 info, I am clueless on what to do. In fact that made me change my profile picture to my real one as I was afraid of identity verification and I also wanted migrate country location in a bid to avoid the IRS hammer. As cumulative earnings increase, the IRS will beam its search light on you, especially those working with U.S profiles. Upwork acted indifferently towards me on this issue, telling me to make changes to my W9 and avoid fines from the IRS. For Naija Upworkers in my shoes, it's a matter time before we all get shot down. If there is one country you should avoid when faking profile (I dont encourage it) please avoid U.S profiles. The beginning is sweet but the end is extremely bitter. Be Warned!!!

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
Interesting!

Is freelancing your full time work?

Mrdigitech:

lol...I must tell you, I live in fear of the inevitable each day, especially with regards to my U.S Upwork account. The video verification step is now a standard requirement for all new accounts or profiles (verified info from Upwork forum). However, I doubt if that current wave of verification or account suspension hammering foreign, dodgy profiles will happen to me anytime soon. The U.S account I'm operating is about 11 months old with more than 50 projects completed. It has a Top Rated badge and a JSS of 98%. I have only used a single IP address in accessing this account. I never made the mistake of logging in with the wrong IP. I Used a white man's picture initially but then changed to my real picture a few months back. So I can do skype with clients and video chat with support without fear. However, I encourage people to use their genuine profile and location. It pays in the long run. Imagine having taken time to build a stellar, money-spitting profile, only to lose it due to false location or identity. I wish I could just migrate my profile the way it is to fly the Nigerian flag, so I could live happily ever after, but then I remember my faulty foundation. The IRS of U.S have already threatened me through Upwork early this year for wrong W-9 info, I am clueless on what to do. In fact that made me change my profile picture to my real one as I was afraid of identity verification and I also wanted migrate country location in a bid to avoid the IRS hammer. As cumulative earnings increase, the IRS will beam its search light on you, especially those working with U.S profiles. Upwork acted indifferently towards me on this issue, telling me to make changes to my W9 and avoid fines from the IRS. For Naija Upworkers in my shoes, it's a matter time before we all get shot down. If there is one country you should avoid when faking profile (I dont encourage it) please avoid U.S profiles. The beginning is sweet but the end is extremely bitter. Be Warned!!!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Mrdigitech(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
tolajay:
Interesting!

Is freelancing your full time work?

Not really, I also own a blog as well. I'm a professional student with ICAN. Freelancing gives me time to study.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
Withdraw from Fiverr, Upwork, iWriter, Freelancer, PayPal etc. Rate is 340/$1. Mention me if interested
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Teemezzy(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
tolajay:
My brethen, brace up yourselves. Upwork is upon you if you're using a phony (foreign) account.

My new US account which is barely 1 week old has been marked for video verification. Apparently, I'm still a Nigerian male with a virtual US feminine citizenship.

Na so the account go ooo with my expected 15 dollars.
Don't worry upwork will let you pull out your $15 without any hinderance.
I use a U.S. account too and I got the video verification problem and I initiated a video call with them. Of course it's my picture but a U.S. account. I was referred to Skype and I was asked my location and I told the truth "I am in Nigeria at the moment". And under 10mins my account was active. So just say the truth. In fact, after the video verification you could change you picture again to a white picture but I strongly advice against that. You might never know what issues you fall into again. Things you should note for the video chat....You would be asked for your upwork address, your zip code, your full name and what country you are in (I just said I just landed in Nigeria some minutes ago. Just answer as bold as you can and you would be free.

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 3:26am On Apr 01, 2017
Happy new month...

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kadlaj(m): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
If u are seriously want to make money online click this link. https://www.nairaland.com/3638100/simplest-online-money-making-biz#53856496
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by vintino(m): 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Payoneer funds needed @osinbajo rate

Instant funding

Lets meet at the corner shop

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2017
Fiverr, Upwork, iWriter, Frelancer, withdrawal. Rate is $360 per dollar. Almost equal to today's exchange rate. I buy 360/dollar and sell $370. Let's withdraw your funds quick and honestly.

Was this guy a scammer? Curious to see his account has been deactivated. I'm having issues with direct withdrawal via bank. My UBA doesn't seem to be supported after waiting 3 days seems I'm stuck with exchangers.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2017
For your Fiverr, Elance, Upwork, iWriter, Freelancer, PayPal Withdrawals, WhatsApp me for swift deal. 330/$1. Tested and trusted
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 02, 2017
Bidding for jobs is up works is getting annoying mostly 50 dollars thinking of using CodeCanyon Envato to sell my scripts too that one is per sales so if I can sell 1000 for 5 dollars that's a lot. But the script must be featured pack and powerful
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Are you a serious writer?
Can you write error free and unplagiarized content of between 2k and 4k characters?
Do you want to make money writing regularly?
Do you have a Payoneer account? (if no follow this link to get one and order for your atm card: https://share.payoneer.com/nav/kKVdYQsDBtHQHZ3WH1DSJUryhV1mAdDoYyNxfQD56UW8LyLmcajS7X-CJiKE0FPM-aOhX971umeEI4L9h8Kefw2 )

If yes, then follow this link and join a community of writers.
http://uk.blastingnews.com/mgm/?mgmbn=_pM1QUzk3wscIJjVczlTLZ01lhLfKzdWnVHgNfDCCh_v9vup0NVSEgC5yWTRhttkc0_
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Exoticstan(m): 6:18am On Apr 03, 2017
Copist:
Withdraw from Fiverr, Upwork, iWriter, Freelancer, PayPal etc. Rate is 340/$1. Mention me if interested
Can you receive PayPal payments? Contact my via whatsapp with the number on my signature.
You send first. It's just $100, to test your services though. If this works out well, I'll constantly use your services
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by topsquino(m): 8:12am On Apr 03, 2017
Dear Estimable Writer:

We are writing this brief note to inform you about our new long-term project.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

This is to notify you that we've a long-term project. This project is expected to last for about 2 months. Unlike other projects, this project doesn't require any RESEARCH and the minimum word count we need per topic summary is 2000 words. All we want you to do is to summarize some books for us. These books encompass topics from psychology, evolution, psychology, and general science. And we will give you a deadline of 36-48 hours so that you can have sufficient time to do the work properly.

REWARD: N1500/500 words

REQUIREMENTS:

1) If you don't have a stable internet connection or laptop, this project is not for you.
2) If you don't understand the rules of grammar (punctuation marks, tenses etc), this project is not for you.
3) If you have not summarized any content before, this project is not for you.
4) If you are not a creative writer, this project is not for you.
5) If you are not passionate about writing, this project is not for you.
6) If you are not okay with the price, this project is not for you.
7) If you are looking for somebody to train you on writing, this project is not for you.

NOTE: We need high-quality content. Don't waste your time if you cannot do this. We will not pay you for an average work.

HOW TO GET STARTED:

1) Send samples of your content to topsquino (at) gmail (dot) com NOTE: change the (at) to @ and dot to . and remove the spaces as well.
2) If we are okay with your samples, we will request you to write a 100-word SUMMARY. We DON'T pay for TEST
3) If we are okay with your test, we will start outsourcing this project to you the following day.

Regards

Topsquino
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
mdoub:
Are you a serious writer?
Can you write error free and unplagiarized content of between 2k and 4k characters?
Do you want to make money writing regularly?
Do you have a Payoneer account? (if no follow this link to get one and order for your atm card: https://share.payoneer.com/nav/kKVdYQsDBtHQHZ3WH1DSJUryhV1mAdDoYyNxfQD56UW8LyLmcajS7X-CJiKE0FPM-aOhX971umeEI4L9h8Kefw2 )

If yes, then follow this link and join a community of writers.
http://uk.blastingnews.com/mgm/?mgmbn=_pM1QUzk3wscIJjVczlTLZ01lhLfKzdWnVHgNfDCCh_v9vup0NVSEgC5yWTRhttkc0_
I sent you an email, pls reply
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 04, 2017
Please is anyone here able to post on craigslist? My ads always get flagged and deleted, I will pay for this if you give me working techniques to post without getting flagged.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2017
helpfulposts:

I sent you an email, pls reply

Any other enquiries?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:17am On Apr 04, 2017
Exoticstan:
Can you receive PayPal payments? Contact my via whatsapp with the number on my signature.
You send first. It's just $100, to test your services though. If this works out well, I'll constantly use your services

Run away from that guy! He Is a vicious scammer! Search his name on nairaland and be thankful for this warning!

4 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by LekkiHost: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2017
Easy tips for effective social media marketing https://www.lekkihost.com/forum/index.php?topic=26.0

How to protect and grow your online presence https://www.lekkihost.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.