Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387255 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DoyenExchange: 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
50 Small and Big Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates

Do you know that there are big and small businesses you can start in Nigeria that will not put holes in your pockets? They are every day businesses you never think that they will make you a millionaire. www.doyenexchange.com/invest_opps.php contains a list of over 50 businesses you can start immediately in Nigeria and their cost estimates.

You will be amazed!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Misterdhee1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
tonyx4x44:

It depends on some factors bro. I was born and bred in Nigeria, yet I am a native speaker. The English Language is the first one I came in contact with, and I consider my language skills fair. While I may not speak the Queen's standard, I'm good enough to write content with a broad vocabulary and proper grammar.

If you came in contact with English Language early and you had stellar teachers till the university level, you can pass as a native speaker. How many Americans/bristish dey speak English well self?
Bro, irrespective of how good your English speaking abilities are, you will be tagged fluent not a native speaker.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Bro, irrespective of how good your English speaking abilities are, you will be tagged fluent not a native speaker.

A "native speaker of English" refers to someone who has learned and used English from early childhood. It does not necessarily mean that it is the speaker's only language, but it means it is and has been the primary means of concept formation and communication - stackexchange.com

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jeez!

Upwork sent my funds to my Payoneer account just before I could snap myself to change my payment method to the local transfer method.

Here's it; This is my first receipt of funds on my Payoneer account since I got it in 2015. How do I go about withdrawal here in Nigeria?

Also, what's the current Payoneer withdrawal rate? Would you advise that I change from Payoneer to Local Transfer due to the exchange rate?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by masterz(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
helpfulposts:

I'm trying to download the course but the network in my area is too slow.

Please let me know when you eventually download it.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hi guys, thank you so much for all your contributions on this thread. Special thanks goes to Victor101, stagger, tonix4x44 and others.
Thank you writeboy, kaycode, samtobi and others that written inspiring post. Please I humbly urge you to keep up the good work. In the long run it help to correct the wrong impression about Nigerians. Once again thank you. I believe I should give honour to whom it is due... you all deserve it.
However, I have an issue that require your assistance. I did a job for a client and have forwarded it but I have not been paid. I made a mistake. I didn't make use of the time tracker and so there was no evidence that I worked. I don't know if this guy will ever pay me (I even incurred expenses in doing the job)... It's been two weeks since finished the job.
Your advice will be most appreciated.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
tolajay:
Jeez!

Upwork sent my funds to my Payoneer account just before I could snap myself to change my payment method to the local transfer method.

Here's it; This is my first receipt of funds on my Payoneer account since I got it in 2015. How do I go about withdrawal here in Nigeria?

Also, what's the current Payoneer withdrawal rate? Would you advise that I change from Payoneer to Local Transfer due to the exchange rate?

Seems you're stuck with exchangers who now offer between N320-N340 per $. Skrill commands a marginally better rate going for between N330 to N350 or in rare cases, N360 per $. All you need do is visit the exchange thread and hooj up with a trusted seller that'll exchange your $ for its Naira equivalent. On changing from Payoneer to Local Transfer, that's your decision, at least you know the various rates.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
emmaversity:
Hi guys, thank you so much for all your contributions on this thread. Special thanks goes to Victor101, stagger, tonix4x44 and others.
Thank you writeboy, kaycode, samtobi and others that written inspiring post. Please I humbly urge you to keep up the good work. In the long run it help to correct the wrong impression about Nigerians. Once again thank you. I believe I should give honour to whom it is due... you all deserve it.
However, I have an issue that require your assistance. I did a job for a client and have forwarded it but I have not been paid. I made a mistake. I didn't make use of the time tracker and so there was no evidence that I worked. I don't know if this guy will ever pay me (I even incurred expenses in doing the job)... It's been two weeks since finished the job.
Your advice will be most appreciated.

Regarding your issue, you can add manual hours to the time tracker but your client would have to approve the hours before you can get paid.

I believe you have reached out to the client and explained the situation. If not, please do so.

If the client refuses to pay you, you can open a ticket with Upwork support but the odds are not on your side.

The only possible way that I can see you getting paid is if your client agrees to be billed using the manually added hours.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
tonyx4x44:

bro is the payment instant?

Nope it's not instant. But you can receive payment the same day if you make your request early enough. Made another withdrawal request early hours of Wednesday morning around 1am got credited around 8pm same day. Otherwise they would have credited me the next day. Not bad as long as my money is safe and my mind is at rest.

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
tolajay:
Jeez!

Well, it's good to check all the options you have. Depending on the amount you're withdrawing you can do your calculations on what will get to you finally and make your decisions from there. It's all about margin. As for me, exchangers are a no no for now until upwork rates change.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks.

Any idea on the current rate of Payoneer if I'm withdrawing from a Nigerian ATM and what are the procedures?

kaycodes:

Well, it's good to check all the options you have. Depending on the amount you're withdrawing you can do your calculations on what will get to you finally and make your decisions from there. It's all about margin. As for me, exchangers are a no no for now until upwork rates change.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fiverr, Upwork, iWriter, Frelancer, withdrawal. Rate is $360 per dollar. Almost equal to today's exchange rate. I buy 360/dollar and sell $370. Let's withdraw your funds quick and honestly.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Bolabell: 2:59am On Mar 30, 2017
Good question masterz. I would also like to know. Every time I read a post on Danny's blog I feel so revved up. He has given away a lot of useful info for free that I can't imagine how loaded his course will be. It is not cheap. Anyone have an idea?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Bolabell: 3:32am On Mar 30, 2017
started Upwork last September, working in the writing niche, working less that 30 hours a week, flying my nigerian flag with my real profile. Upwork is now my primary source of income.

Brilliant, this is the spirit. More power to you! Please tell me tonyx4x44, did you get jobs on the free account when you started out and have you upgraded to a paid account? Did the quality of jobs available to you improve, if/when you upgraded? Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 5:04am On Mar 30, 2017
Bolabell:

started Upwork last September, working in the writing niche, working less that 30 hours a week, flying my Nigerian flag with my real profile. Upwork is now my primary source of income.

Brilliant, this is the spirit. More power to you! Please tell me tonyx4x44, did you get jobs on the free account when you started out and have you upgraded to a paid account? Did the quality of jobs available to you improve, if/when you upgraded? Thanks.

1. Yes, I got a few jobs on the free account.

2. I upgraded the first time I ran out of connects (within two weeks of joining Upwork)... yes I sent 30 proposals in 2 weeks... About 55 proposals the first month. 30 from regular connects, 10 from upgrade bonus, and 15 from Rising star bonus.

3. Since upgrading, I have not noticed any difference in job availability. However, I do like some of the perks of the paid plan such as rollover connects and viewing bid range on jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 6:49am On Mar 30, 2017
Bolabell:
Good question masterz. I would also like to know. Every time I read a post on Danny's blog I feel so revved up. He has given away a lot of useful info for free that I can't imagine how loaded his course will be. It is not cheap. Anyone have an idea?
The course is fully loaded. It's about $997, so I team up with 6 guys to buy it. But for now my laptop has a motherboard issue to be solved before i can download the course.

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 7:05am On Mar 30, 2017
You can check the content of the course here:
freelancetowin.com/ssfu-course/
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 7:19am On Mar 30, 2017
tolajay:
Thanks.

Any idea on the current rate of Payoneer if I'm withdrawing from a Nigerian ATM and what are the procedures?

I don't have an idea about ATM rates, but it's usually around CBN official rates minus about 10 naira or so. You can try it and do the math yourself sha. Personally I don't use that card, except when I am purchasing items online where dollar is needed.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Exoticstan(m): 7:45am On Mar 30, 2017
tonyx4x44:

bro is the payment instant?
Payment happens in about a day. I have once been paid in 10 minutes and another time, in 1hour. This is safer than using exchqngers, and Upwork's rates are not bad. It was 369.375/$ when I withdrew on Monday, and has been like that for weeks now

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Bolabell: 7:46am On Mar 30, 2017
helpfulposts:

The course is fully loaded. It's about $997, so I team up with 6 guys to buy it. But for now my laptop has a motherboard issue to be solved before i can download the course.
tonyx4x44:

1. Yes, I got a few jobs on the free account.

2. I upgraded the first time I ran out of connects (within two weeks of joining Upwork)... yes I sent 30 proposals in 2 weeks... About 55 proposals the first month. 30 from regular connects, 10 from upgrade bonus, and 15 from Rising star bonus.

3. Since upgrading, I have not noticed any difference in job availability. However, I do like some of the perks of the paid plan such as rollover connects and viewing bid range on jobs.

Thank you so much for the useful info.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olowo1995(m): 7:54am On Mar 30, 2017
Please... Am following the thread and enjoyed it.
Please I believe freelancer and other sites like that is real but I have been on freelancer for months now placing bid without any order.
Please what could be the reason?
Thanks OP
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Femsmart(m): 8:28am On Mar 30, 2017
helpfulposts:
You can check the content of the course here:

freelancetowin.com/ssfu-course/

I sent you an email bro... Kindly respond.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Swtchinny(f): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2017
Hello, I have been reading up on this thread and thumbs up to victor and group for sharing their ideas free. Please how do I get accepted to upwork as I had submitted my profile before and I was not accepted. What do I do
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2017
Fiverr withdrawal Available

Contact on my Signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2017
Femsmart:

I sent you an email bro... Kindly respond.
Oga, it's been long I see u on the grahic design thread by Bestspoke, how far?

Pls yahoomail is giving me tough time to have access to my account BUT you can reach me @ aredeatimi dot gmail dot com

Cc:
Bolabell
tonyx4x44

thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 9:29am On Mar 30, 2017
masterz:

Please let me know when you eventually download it.
I hope u see my recent posts?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Femsmart(m): 10:47am On Mar 30, 2017
helpfulposts:

Oga, it's been long I see u on the grahic design thread by Best.spoke, how far?

Pls yahoomail is giving me tough time to have access to my account BUT you can reach me @ aredeatimi dot gmail dot com

Cc:

thanks

I no really get time for myself... Message sent.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by masterz(m): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2017
helpfulposts:

I hope u see my recent posts?
Yes, I did
Thanks
I have seen the course content. Just wanted to know if someone here can share an experience from making use of the course.

Is there a timeline for you to resolve your laptop issue and download it?

Thanks once again
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kachiz(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2017
emmaversity:
pls guys I need your help. How does an hourly work operate. I have a client I have completed his job but is yet to pay me. Do I have to wait till the end of the month. The contract term is 25hours/wk. Pls enlighten me in this areas;

1. When does an hourly contract end? Is it when the job is completed or does it mean I will continue to work until the contract is terminated.

2. When does the client pay? is it after each job he assigns me or at the end of the month?

3. How does upwork tracking device operate?

Please I need your help, I have a feeling I have just discouraged a client that loves my work and he has ended the contract... to think that he is my first client.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068288-Upwork-Hourly-Protection-for-Freelancers?flash_digest=ee384f2a843028ad44c1dc7ce905bb106669b1be

and

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063668-How-do-I-receive-payment-for-my-hourly-contract-?flash_digest=75cbc3a8a7651adad2af993c3df0d225f559bf4c
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Femsmart:

I no really get time for myself... Message sent.
Msg received, I will get back to u around 6:00pm

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Mrdigitech(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Guys for those of us using foreign profiles on Upwork, it is not possible to withdraw to local Nigerian banks. There are only 3 options : ACH, Wire Transfer and PayPal.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 3:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Fiverr PayPal withdrawal available at 300/$, only withdrawing $100 and above.

See contact in signature....

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.