Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387346 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Exoticstan(m): 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Run away from that guy! He Is a vicious scammer! Search his name on nairaland and be thankful for this warning!
Thanks
I'll be careful
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ask1509(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
helpfulposts:

I sent you an email, pls reply

Hello helpfulposts, please can I send you an email, I want to make an inquiry from you.

cc: helpfulposts
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 12:19am On Apr 05, 2017
ask1509:

Hello helpfulposts, please can I send you an email, I want to make an inquiry from you.

cc: helpfulposts

You are free to ask
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:46am On Apr 05, 2017
topsquino:
Dear Estimable Writer:

We are writing this brief note to inform you about our new long-term project.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

This is to notify you that we've a long-term project. This project is expected to last for about 2 months. Unlike other projects, this project doesn't require any RESEARCH and the minimum word count we need per topic summary is 2000 words. All we want you to do is to summarize some books for us. These books encompass topics from psychology, evolution, psychology, and general science. And we will give you a deadline of 36-48 hours so that you can have sufficient time to do the work properly.

REWARD: N1500/500 words

REQUIREMENTS:

1) If you don't have a stable internet connection or laptop, this project is not for you.
2) If you don't understand the rules of grammar (punctuation marks, tenses etc), this project is not for you.
3) If you have not summarized any content before, this project is not for you.
4) If you are not a creative writer, this project is not for you.
5) If you are not passionate about writing, this project is not for you.
6) If you are not okay with the price, this project is not for you.
7) If you are looking for somebody to train you on writing, this project is not for you.

NOTE: We need high-quality content. Don't waste your time if you cannot do this. We will not pay you for an average work.

HOW TO GET STARTED:

1) Send samples of your content to topsquino (at) gmail (dot) com NOTE: change the (at) to @ and dot to . and remove the spaces as well.
2) If we are okay with your samples, we will request you to write a 100-word SUMMARY. We DON'T pay for TEST
3) If we are okay with your test, we will start outsourcing this project to you the following day.

Regards

Topsquino

1500 words for 500 which is less than $2?

you must be kidding.

something I cannot write for $10 - 2800-3000 huh
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mojeed4(m): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2017
DEGREE2466:

you must be kidding.

Broda Naira never spoil reach that level na. That is still almost $5 because you will rarely see an exchanger sell to you at a rate more than N3**. Besides his rate is one still one of the best you can get on Nairaland. Just ignore if you cannot do it and leave it for others.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
DEGREE2466:

you must be kidding.

Are you sure you read his post well? He is paying N1,500/ 500 words not N500/1,500 words.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Redfox(m): 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
Statistical and Analytical Research Associates

Also Join us this week Friday to Sunday for an extensive training session.

https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/10/20/top-skills-2016-week-of-learning-linkedin
http://www.businessinsider.com/skills-that-can-get-you-hired-2016-10
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/20/the-top-10-skills-that-will-get-you-hired.htmlIncrease your industry value potential vide
Statistical Analysis and Data Mining,
Qualitative & Quantitative Research
Training & Research Advisory (Thesis Structure, Dissertation and Research Publication)

Dear Earthlings,

Take a closer if this is right for you.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution
engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with extensive applications in many areas of research and analytics

Statistical and Survey Analysis
Financial Markets*
Applied Econometrics
Medical Statistics
Forecasting & Quantitative Risk*
Commodities Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide*
Business Analysis & Industry Trends

Venue: Lekki-Ajah & Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Session duration: 2-day intensive (9hrs)
(SPSS, Tableau, Modeling Eviews, XLSTAT, Excel)
Stata and SAS: with consulting connect access
QDA Miner Lite, CAQDAS, NVivo & Coding Analysis Toolkit (CAS) for Qualitative Research (supported by HTML,CSV, RTF)
R and R studio: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Python: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Add-ons: software installation/set up, plus video tutorials and dummies.

Kingsley Redfox
redfoxanalytics@yahoo.com
https://redfox3891./

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
Fiverr withdrawal now available $50 up 300... From $100 negotiate able
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
It's better to setup your account on any Freelance site using your real country as they all do verification now and you may loose your hard earned money. Most especially Upwork. So guys be smart
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hi fellow freelancers,

I think it is worthwhile to post some of the tips Danny sends to the students of his up work course here. Although the posts will be long but try to read through and learn one or two things that will improve your freelance business.

[b]Do you want to be able to charge higher rates on Upwork and actually get them?

Maybe even break into the exclusive and mysterious realm of
premium pricing? (Actually if you stick with me for a while,
you'll see it isn't all that mysterious.)
I hope you said yes. Because, A) it shows me you're sane,
and B) this hack is designed to help you do that.
I'll give you the skinny on how it works with a funny little
story...in a minute.

First, here's a quick preview of what you can expect from me
in the coming days.

Over the course of the next week or so, I'm going to ship
you my favorite hacks for making money on Upwork.
Some of these I figured out through trial and error, others
came from flashes of insight, and some of it was just
instinct.

Either way, the point is to help you accelerate your journey
to earning the kind of money freelancers deserve for all the
hard work we do.

I've chosen these 5 hacks carefully, because they're simple,
easy to implement, and can help you earn more money right
away.

Could be that not all of them will apply to you -- that's okay...
Even successfully executing 1 or 2 of them can have a
serious impact on your bottom line.

(Example: as you'll see, one of these hacks earned me over
$30k, and literally anyone can do it.)

For now, without further ado, let's get right down to Hack #1.
I'm going to tell you about the hack itself, as well as the
psychology behind it, so you can see how it really works.
Now, back to that funny story that explains it...

Just a smidge under 3 years ago, I was finishing up a project
for one of my clients, when suddenly, my human nature
kicked in.

(No, I don't mean that I needed a bathroom break. Where is
your mind at?)

What I mean is that I didn't want to just earn a full time living
on Upwork, I wanted to do better than that.

Clearly I needed to raise my rates in order to accomplish
that. But by how much?

Well, I'd heard there were plenty of "off-line copywriters" who could charge way more than us
"lowly online freelancers"...

So I did some research to see what these big dogs were
hauling in.

Turns out many of them were charging $1,000 for a single
page of web copy.

That's when my pesky human nature perked up even louder
than before.

I tried to bat it down with the "reality cry" of conventional
Upwork wisdom...the first commandment of which is "Thou
shalt not charge as much as offline freelancers!"
But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get that ($1k)
number out of my head.

What if I could actually pull it off?
If it worked, I could make significantly more money, without
putting in so much as an ounce more effort. When I thought
of it in those terms, that damn human nature of mine started
firing on all cylinders.

Finally, I couldn't resist the urge any longer.
What could I possibly lose by trying? (Little did I know the
answer was actually "a lot," as you'll see in a few segundos.)
So I decided to give it a shot.

I rolled up my sleeves, and carefully started writing proposals
for 1 page of web copy, just like the big boys. My price tag?
A cool $1k.

Waiting for the responses wasn't easy. Like watching a pot
of water try to boil. I wanted to jump out a window.
But just when I thought I was about to go barking mad...one
by one, they started trickling in, like little rain droplets landing
softly on a beautiful lily pad. (And then, I really wanted to
jump out the damn window............

The messages from the potential clients all read more or less
the same:
"Nice samples, but your price is too high."
"Your work looks good, but too much moolah."
"I'd like to hire you, but why you charge so dang much??"

To be continued....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2017
Fiverr, Upwork, Elance, Freelancer, iwriter and all PayPal withdrawal available. Rate 310/$ only withdrawing $100 and above.

Rates are listed in ad, no surprises

See contact in signature..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Hello I need a Virtual Private Server(VPS) who provides it here?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emynike2001(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2017
Bolabell:

started Upwork last September, working in the writing niche, working less that 30 hours a week, flying my nigerian flag with my real profile. Upwork is now my primary source of income.

Brilliant, this is the spirit. More power to you! Please tell me tonyx4x44, did you get jobs on the free account when you started out and have you upgraded to a paid account? Did the quality of jobs available to you improve, if/when you upgraded? Thanks.
Am a newbie to upwork, pls is it cool to use your Nigerian profile on upwork and still get jobs from clients,? becos I want to open an account with up work right away. pls reply.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2017
emynike2001:

Am a newbie to upwork, pls is it cool to use your Nigerian profile on upwork and still get jobs from clients,? becos I want to open an account with up work right away. pls reply.

You have no choice really. People do not award jobs on the basis of country of origin. They award jobs based on your skill set. Foreigners do not think like we do here (what is your tribe or state of origin? Are you an indigene or settler?).

This is coming from a Top Rated Upworker with more than $60,000 earned with my proudly Nigerian profile.

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by topsquino(m): 11:00am On Apr 07, 2017
Dear Estimable Writer:

Hope this message meets you in good health.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

This is to notify you that we've another long-term project on article writing. The estimated number of articles we need is 150. And this project is expected to last for 5 weeks. As usual, you will get only one article per day. All articles are related directly or indirectly to one topic: BRACELETS. You can check this website(www.proverbband.com) to see the bracelets for yourself.

REWARD: N2,000/500-600 words

REQUIREMENTS:

1) If you don't have a stable internet connection or laptop, this project is not for you.
2) If you don't understand the rules of grammar (punctuation marks, tenses etc), this project is not for you.
3) If you have not written articles before, this project is not for you.
4) If you are not a creative writer, this project is not for you.
5) If you are not passionate about writing, this project is not for you.
6) If you are not okay with the price, this project is not for you.
7) If you are looking for somebody to train you on writing, this project is not for you.

NOTE: We need high-quality articles. Don't waste your time if you cannot do this. We will not pay you for poorly written content.

HOW TO GET STARTED:

1) Send samples of your articles to topsquino (at) gmail (dot) com NOTE: change the (at) to @ and dot to . and remove the spaces as well.
2) If we are okay with your samples, we will request you to write a 100-word article test on SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. We DON'T pay for TEST
3) If we are okay with your test, we will start outsourcing our articles to you on MONDAY.

Regards

Topsquino
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Clone2020:
Fiverr, Upwork, Elance, Freelancer, iwriter and all PayPal withdrawal available. Rate 310/$ only withdrawing $100 and above.

Rates are listed in ad, no surprises

See contact in signature..

I sent you an email that needs urgent reply. Please reply
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demanuel(m): 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
stagger:

You have no choice really. People do not award jobs on the basis of country of origin. They award jobs based on your skill set. Foreigners do not think like we do here (what is your tribe or state of origin? Are you an indigene or settler?).

This is coming from a Top Rated Upworker with more than $60,000 earned with my proudly Nigerian profile.
Please, if I may ask, how many years did it take to earn this amount?

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
Fiverr reviews available, i'm giving reviews in such a way that fiverr will never detect its a paid review and will also boost your gig to larger audience. You want to know how? Quote me now.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:56am On Apr 11, 2017
Bring your PAYONEER FUNDS, BITCOIN, FIVERR PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL with instant funding of Naira etc.

Contact on my Signature. Tested and Trusted
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 7:27am On Apr 11, 2017
Elance, Freelancer, Iwriter, PayPal withdrawal available, rate N330 per dollar

Rates are listed in ad, no surprises.

Only withdrawing $100 and above.

See contact in signature.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 11, 2017
emynike2001:

Let's face it, anyone who says it's the same thing is a bloody liar. When you are in upwork as a member of any of the following countries: US, UK, Australia and Canada, you will definitely find it a lot easier getting jobs that are based on Writing, research, editing, voice over, and proofreading

Most jobs are easier to get if you are opportune to live in any of the above countries. Upwork has found a way to discover people using false IP so it's best you stick to being Nigerian but don't let anyone tell you it's the same thing because it's not.

Most people on upwork award jobs based on country of origin(as well as skills) , anyone saying this is not true is only out to deceive you. As a Nigerian, try working twice as hard, apply for jobs and use all your connects, you will definitely be lucky soon.

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by didymario7(m): 10:00am On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
Here are some of the tips from Danny Marguiles Course for you to succeed on Upwork:

Placing at least one testimonial right up top in your profile can really stack the deck in your favor. I've been using this for almost 3 years with great results.

Here are some tips on how to do it:

***It's best to use testimonials that come directly from your Upwork client reviews, since they'll have the most credibility. (If you don't have any Upwork reviews yet, then just use any testimonials you do have, regardless of where they're from.)

***Try to use multiple testimonials, since more social proof is generally better. (This is why toothpaste companies say things like, "4 out of 5 dentists recommend our brand."wink But if all you have is 1 or 2, you should still definitely use those.

***Ideally, you're looking for testimonials that specifically talk about things your ideal client is looking for. The more specific, the better. For example, let's say you write web content. A testimonial that says you helped your client rank better on Google is going to be much more effective than one that you "did a great job."

***Remember to put those suckers right at the top of your profile, to take maximum advantage of social proof and first impressions. Winning on Upwork is all about stacking the deck in your favor.

***(One last thing for those of you who are brand new to Upwork: Save this tip for after you set up your initial profile and have it reviewed and approved by Upwork. This makes it easier to get your profile approved.)

Bless you

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by micynute94(m): 6:26am On Apr 14, 2017
A word they say it's enough for the wise..
How do you feel after making that first sale? The adrenaline rush, the happiness, the joy of being part of a family that makes their income freelancing and enjoying what they do best..

The adrenaline and the excitement certainly dies down and you focus more on getting more orders, you start working on your skills day in day out, labouring and dedicating precious time to learn the skills that would make sure you survive and stay alive in the arena of freelancing.

You've earn some stripes, fought some battles and yeah, it's time for your payday..
Only then do you realise it's a nightmare out there from people trying to scam you of your hard-earned money #Awon Oloshi angry # to people trying to rip you off #Werey peeps embarassed #
I was almost scammed of some funds if not for my street smartness and the help of a dear friend. Now imagined how you'd felt when you find out that you have just been ripped off by a scammer or a greedy exchanger (this one sef is even better to the former embarassed), my guy no be for here o grin grin

Withdrawing your money shouldn't be a case of being worked up and praying what happens in 1999 shouldn't happened again grin grin. So as a freelancer to a freelancer and a brother to another, when you have some funds to trade, kindly contact TRADEPLUSIB here on Nairaland. Over legitimacy dey wory am and he actually offers a good rate. Just made another exchange with him and i'm basking in my own euphoria - when you don't have to worry about an escrow service or being scammed and you get to see the alert in your bank account as fat as flash tongue
There are also good exchangers here who have proven their legitimacy but as we both know, if you ain't exchanging in a lot of zeros - Na automatic ripoff cheesy..

It's left to you o, make I no hear say person scam una again after this tori o undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
micynute94:
How do you feel after making that first sale? The adrenaline rush, the happiness, the joy of being part of a family that makes their income freelancing and enjoying what they do best..

The adrenaline and the excitement certainly dies down and you focus more on getting more orders, you start working on your skills day in day out, labouring and dedicating precious time to learn the skills that would make sure you survive and stay alive in the arena of freelancing.

You've earn some stripes, fought some battles and yeah, it's time for your payday..
Only then do you realise it's a nightmare out there from people trying to scam you of your hard-earned money #Awon Oloshi angry # to people trying to rip you off #Werey peeps embarassed #
I was almost scammed of some funds if not for my street smartness and the help of a dear friend. Now imagined how you'd felt when you find out that you have just been ripped off by a scammer or a greedy exchanger (this one sef is even better to the former embarassed), my guy no be for here o grin grin

Withdrawing your money shouldn't be a case of being worked up and praying what happens in 1999 shouldn't happened again grin grin. So as a freelancer to a freelancer and a brother to another, when you have some funds to trade, kindly contact TRADEPLUSIB here on Nairaland. Over legitimacy dey wory am and he actually offers a good rate. Just made another exchange with him and i'm basking in my own euphoria - when you don't have to worry about an escrow service or being scammed and you get to see the alert in your bank account as fat as flash tongue
There are also good exchangers here who have proven their legitimacy but as we both know, if you ain't exchanging in a lot of zeros - Na automatic ripoff cheesy..

It's left to you o, make I no hear say person scam una again after this tori o undecided undecided undecided

LOL Nice ad wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tradeplusib: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
micynute94:

cheesy grin My chairman; what can we say............we love win - win partnerships!

good rates and prompt payouts keeps you folks in the business of earning ; and that keeps us in business too abi grin

Thanks once again!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Let's face it, anyone who says it's the same thing is a bloody liar. When you are in upwork as a member of any of the following countries: US, UK, Australia and Canada, you will definitely find it a lot easier getting jobs that are based on Writing, research, editing, voice over, and proofreading

Most jobs are easier to get if you are opportune to live in any of the above countries. Upwork has found a way to discover people using false IP so it's best you stick to being Nigerian but don't let anyone tell you it's the same thing because it's not.

Most people on upwork award jobs based on country of origin(as well as skills) , anyone saying this is not true is only out to deceive you. As a Nigerian, try working twice as hard, apply for jobs and use all your connects, you will definitely be lucky soon.

I started taking it seriously and got a job less than 2 months but then again my field is Software Engineering so experience might differ got only 1/client buy multiple streams and that's because am not looking for much jobs. It depends on how your present your profile and proposals. A change in proposals scored me the job even the client attested to it.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by PenAndPaper: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2017
Good day all.
I have been an avid reader of this thread since to inception. I have been able to get a US account and made good money from it. It was banned a few days ago. I have decided to start all over again using my nigerian account.
Are there any tips I can get to make a success of this new terrifying journey I am about to make?

I will be documenting my success here to encourage others as well.

Thanks to the contributors on this thread, your successes have made it possible for me to make a go at this and try to succeed.
Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.