Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC (25389 Views)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / Reasons Why You Run Out Of Data Before The End Of Your Validity Period / Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Bigjosh10(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP I concore with your idea
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Guyman02: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
I support that, why should be time limited, as if it is a lottery.

Please send this as a petition to NCC

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by odeku457(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
True.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by kinibigdeal(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
Do you think our service providers are not smart. Simple, if you abolish a validity data period be ready to face the high rate of consumption of data. They will simply increase the kilobyte per page which will still make it equivalent to the former

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by nigerrichwicked: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
I
NnamdiN:
Ok let me spoil show and side mtn for once in their miserable lives grin
some free browsing cheats need data subscription to work, if data validity is abolished, some folks would browse free for life.
..........yes ooo f u ant free data let me know
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Valfrankie(m): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
I'm currently enjoying a data that is valid till 31-12-9999 00:00. Don't know if it's an error from MTN, but 'll really be glad if it isn't, cos I'm not much of a heavy browser and data subscription monthly has really dealt a deadly blow to my pocket.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by imsuboi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Gejpresident:
I support the motion

I use Telstra network here in Melbourne, I can tell u unlimited browsing in a month is 10k in naija naira

shocked are you for real?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by nobul(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
Absolutely right an right. Les kick over d stoff
undecided
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by yankeedude(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
I concur
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by chybykee(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
if only this country was run by youths and not these pot bellied men *smh*

there would be 5G in Nigeria
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by ekemini606: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nigerians na today we gullible.
I am no economist, but how can one buy something with his money, and whoever sold it to you still exercise some form of control over it?

I believe there is a reason its described as my data not "our"

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Barywhyte(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
investnotspend:
I don't think I support this o , for those of us using 1k unlimited and the validity is one month , that means they would scrap us from unlimited and give us data cap be that .... Abeg make we still de enjoy am like this de go lol

Bro, there is no such thing as unlimited data in Nigeria, as far I know. if you take some time to find out, every data is capped, however big it may be. 4 example, MTN BIS is capped at 2G for both BIS (1.5k) and BBC (1k). The difference is just in number of emails you are allowed to register. Already this month, my second BBC subscription on BB finished some minutes ago.

This validity stuff is nonsense in addition to the fact that data in Naija is still very expensive.

OP pls permit me to re-post ur (sorry our) grievances to NCC twitter page. This nonsense must stop.

4 Likes

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by supereagle(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
What I want is my 1GB to last one month . Every week I buy 1 GB from Airtel , it has not gone beyond a week since I have been loading.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by power4reps(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=HighIQ post=37949111] In the past when GSM first came into Nigeria, the service provider used to do what we called validity period for recharge cards loaded then. For instance if you load 500 naira glo or mtn card, you must be able to use it within a certain period of time after which it would expire and become invalid. Although you would retain your credit but you won't be able to make call with it. As time goes on, this regulation was abolished. Now we want NCC to also abolish and annul the one month or days validity period imposed on Nigerians by service providers. Why should you force someone to finish what he or she had bought with his own money within a certain period of time?. They say we must finish it or it roll over. What nonsense! This totally violates human right! If you buy 1000,2000, or even 100 naira data, the data should last long until you finish it . There shouldn't be any embago or rule that should render it invalid after a certain period of time.My fellow Nigerians how do you feel about it. Should it be implemented ? lalasticlala, let them hear.

Are you unemployed, a Youth corps member
(NYSC), House wife, or Student? Do you desire an
income raise even as a paid employee?
I want to share one of my success secrets with
you. Do you have the following items?
1. A BANK ACCOUNT (Current or Savings)
2. 2 FRIENDS YOU WANT TO HELP
3. N6,600 ($40)?
If you have the above listed items and you want
to take a risk like i did to succeed, PING me and i
will show you how to turn N6,600 to Millions in
simple basic steps.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NETWORKING BUT A
SIMPLE ONE. NO SELLING, JUST SERVICES. NO
REJECTION, NO FAILURE! NO EXPERIENCE IS
NEEDED.
This is an opportunity that empowers you so you
can empower others and be happy for the rest of
your life. (Thank me later).
whatsapp 08036146835 for more info
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by orobs93(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
wordcat:
If na Tonto matter; u knw d rest

Lol dem non ban u?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Etizz: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
NCC is highly corrupt, they are snitch, they are goats, they have betrayed us, they don't care about us... The moment any service provider sort dem, they forget about d masses, so self centered organization.....

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Dallat65: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
If this is succesful, I'll use 2 months data for a year
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by zarkoZy45: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
HighIQ:
In the past when GSM first came into Nigeria, the service provider used to do what we called validity period for recharge cards loaded then. For instance if you load 500 naira glo or mtn card, you must be able to use it within a certain period of time after which it would expire and become invalid. Although you would retain your credit but you won't be able to make call with it. As time goes on, this regulation was abolished. Now we want NCC to also abolish and annul the one month or days validity period imposed on Nigerians by service providers. Why should you force someone to finish what he or she had bought with his own money within a certain period of time?. They say we must finish it or it roll over. What nonsense! This totally violates human right! If you buy 1000,2000, or even 100 naira data, the data should last long until you finish it . There shouldn't be any embago or rule that should render it invalid after a certain period of time.My fellow Nigerians how do you feel about it. Should it be implemented ? lalasticlala, let them hear.
. Seconded the motion. Infact let it happen now
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
imsuboi:

shocked are you for real?
no
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by baloney: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
NCC should abolish data validity period quickly data validity period sucks
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by mohdimplez(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
HighIQ:
In the past when GSM first came into Nigeria, the service provider used to do what we called validity period for recharge cards loaded then. For instance if you load 500 naira glo or mtn card, you must be able to use it within a certain period of time after which it would expire and become invalid. Although you would retain your credit but you won't be able to make call with it. As time goes on, this regulation was abolished. Now we want NCC to also abolish and annul the one month or days validity period imposed on Nigerians by service providers. Why should you force someone to finish what he or she had bought with his own money within a certain period of time?. They say we must finish it or it roll over. What nonsense! This totally violates human right! If you buy 1000,2000, or even 100 naira data, the data should last long until you finish it . There shouldn't be any embago or rule that should render it invalid after a certain period of time.My fellow Nigerians how do you feel about it. Should it be implemented ? lalasticlala, let them hear.
THIRDED!!!

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by MikelEleta(m): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
willian10:
I don't think dats a nice idea cos in other developed countries like USA,UK,Canada there's always a validity period for data subscription, what I don't like here is dat the data is too expensive on Android, iPhone, PC compared to blackberry plan cos d bandwidth is actually same
You are not totally right. Blackberry uses RIM which others like android do not. Rim enables blackberry to constrict the data whereby a data that's supposed to be 250mb would automatically be reduced to 15mb by them. In android and other phones there's nothing like that so unless android is affiliated to Rim then expect no miracles
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
HighIQ, nice idea
please write an open letter to them or in blogs

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by FRANKOXY(m): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
YOU WAN DULL THEM MARKET?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Kennydoc(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
donhils:
In as much as this makes sense, but then do we even have enough data to last through the validity period? unless you're on an unlimited plan which I don't know if anybody is. We should demand for more data in my opinion. I subscribe to 4.5GB but it has NEVER lasted the whole 30 days and I'm not a chronic user Cos there are other peeps that can finish it 5 days.

Too much of online streaming, YouTube viewing, movies, music and games download are what consumes your data. I use 1gb in one month, and sometimes I even have to use it to download a movie on d last day of its validity just to exhaust it.

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by 400billionman: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
HighIQ:

Agreed. NCC take action and revert..
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
I've thought about this before too. I'm in total support.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Bsc(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Corruption everywhere....... Nice one , jah bless . Well seconded.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
I'm in support of this..
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by 400billionman: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Bukiminaj:
HighIQ, nice idea
please write an open letter to them or in blogs

Which letter is more open than Nairaland ?

The recent proposal by NLC that embezzlers of public funds should be punished by capital punishment originated here on nairaland..
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by ceejay80s(m): 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
If ncc try am mtn,glo and airtel go put monthly fix charge just like prepaid nepa, if it works the same should apply to monthly fix charge for prepaid nepa
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by lazborn(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Gbam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 11 Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / Huawei Y7p Unboxing And Review / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.