Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC (25354 Views)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / Reasons Why You Run Out Of Data Before The End Of Your Validity Period / Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Sike(m): 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
Supported!
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by willian10: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
MikelEleta:
You are not totally right. Blackberry uses RIM which others like android do not. Rim enables blackberry to constrict the data whereby a data that's supposed to be 250mb would automatically be reduced to 15mb by them. In android and other phones there's nothing like that so unless android is affiliated to Rim then expect no miracles
So, u mean if i download a 250mb file with a blackberry device, it ll be automatically compressed to 15mb Tell me something bro

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by happney65: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
JideSM:

I just saw this now. Sorry about the issue you are experiencing.
Please send me your phone number and address. You can catch me on Twitter @MTN180 please mention JideSM.
Alternatively, you can send your details to me through e-mail, I'll follow you now.

Sent you a message..Did you get it?Please call me back today please...Thanks
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by MikelEleta(m): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
willian10:

So, u mean if i download a 250mb file with a blackberry device, it ll be automatically compressed to 15mb Tell me something bro
That's not what I mean. What happens is this. A data that is originally 250mb is compressed by Rim and appears as 15mb when Blackberry users want to download that file BUT in android it appears as the original 250mb that's why files are always bigger in android and data gets finished on time. For example whatsapp is only 6mb in blackberry but far greater in android. That's what happens
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Bsmartt(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
I strongly support this course. It is a total violation of the consumer rights of hardworking and innocent users of the mobile internet. The Consumer Protection Council (CPC) should do the needful. Thanks @ Op and other Nairalanders
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by tartar9(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
see bad business,nigerians will manage bb subscription for one year
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by IamRespected: 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
investnotspend:
I don't think I support this o , for those of us using 1k unlimited and the validity is one month , that means they would scrap us from unlimited and give us data cap be that .... Abeg make we still de enjoy am like this de go lol
bros I stand confidently to tell u that there is no unlimited data in any network, if u doubt buy any supposed unlimited, download movies on mobilemovies.net, download like 20 if that supposed unlimited no finish lemme know what cause am
Anyway Op this is a very good idea, even for heavy data users like me they will make more sef
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Scetrocom: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
you are making sense. I think we should bombard NCC with this. personally, I will get their e mail contact .
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Zuris: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
investnotspend:
I don't think I support this o , for those of us using 1k unlimited and the validity is one month , that means they would scrap us from unlimited and give us data cap be that .... Abeg make we still de enjoy am like this de go lol
Which network?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Teymanhenry(f): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
I'm fully in support o f this one... this is stealing
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by eunisam: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
Even the sim validation exercise should be stop with immediate effect.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by terzurum5(m): 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
sam4:
I support the motion
I MOTION THE SUPPORT
NCC ACT should also be reviewed so that they can regulate the prices charged by Telecom service providers.

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Beerem: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
That time limit idea goes against all known laws of humanity. It must either be infinte within the time limit or there is no time limit at all.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by plendil: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
@OP, dead on arrival. I stand to be corrected, but I'm not aware of ANY COUNTRY with unlimited validity for data subscription.

What I believe would make more sense is cheaper data.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by atahav0000(m): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Are you searching for sugarmummy?

Then search no more! Sugarmummy15 is a new sugarmummy agency that help young guys to get connected to sugarmummy close to their location. Call or whatsapp: +2347032639971 or call: +2348124967421 or BBM: 25C084DE or check our twitter page: @SUGARMUMMY15.

-Sugarmummy15
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by oyetunder(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
You are too correct sir...why should they be forcing us to consume data? Why not add the data back when one subscribes again? Do they now dump in expired data inside the trucks of PSP or what?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by donhils: 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
Kennydoc:

Then your apps are gulping your data in the background. I've been using large screen phones since 2012. I've used HTC Desire, then Tecno Phantom and now Infinix Hot Note Pro.
Go to "Settings" in your phone, select "Data Usage" and for each of the apps there, Click on "Restrict Background Data". Do that for the apps that consume your data the most. Also don't check apps like WhatsApp or Facebook app. If you do that, u won't receive notifications again except when you're online.
I also have a feeling that playstore automatically updates ur apps regularly. That's also one of the things that consume people's data a lot. You should also check Playstore.
Do these basic things and see ur 1gb data last you a whole month.
I'm sure you'll come and thank me later.
Why do I want to restrict background apps? So that I won't be getting my prompt notifications? Hell to the No. I normally check that background of a thing, All my apps normally take 2mb, 3mb,5, 6mb max and I don't think that's big enough. I think this background data eating up mb is a little exaggerated[it doesn't take as much data as ppl say].
As for play store, let me burst your balls cos the pic below shows how my settings has been ever since.

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Lakeland4321: 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
My people i have listened patiently to all your complaints, i must say we have a lot of patriots here but the sad truth is that ncc like many other parastatals dont give a rats ass about us. You may email them, complaint in their facebook page, twitter page or even confront Eugene juwah (their executive vice chairman) face to face and still nothing will happen. Most ncc execs and a lot of govt officials enjoy special sim with unlimited call and data access! Unless a no nonsense ICT minister is appointed before change can be effected just like the way nnpc is seeing a new lease of life, with FIRS and customs to follow soon.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by delectablegyal(f): 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
investnotspend:

One thousand unlimited? Which network? Can it work for my blackberry? Kind outline the procedures.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Kennydoc(m): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
donhils:

Why do I want to restrict background apps? So that I won't be getting my prompt notifications? Hell to the No. I normally check that background of a thing, All my apps normally take 2mb, 3mb,5, 6mb max and I don't think that's big enough. I think this background data eating up mb is a little exaggerated[it doesn't take as much data as ppl say].
As for play store, let me burst your balls cos the pic below shows how my settings has been ever since.

It's okay. I was only surprised and at the same time concerned why your 4.5gb data barely lasts you for a month, while I comfortably use 1gb in a month, even with change.
No probs. Just use your data as it suits you best.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by yhemsy62(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Good idea. Am going to share dis on my Facebook page
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by ZziClass1k(m): 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
That is the crap we suffer in this country. i am in total support. i think ncc appears to be a crap of an organization.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by donhils: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
quinnboy:
in Bosnia we don't have validity date for data....was so surprise they do shit here in 9ja.
So we all should run to Bosnia now?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Titidi(f): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Our network providers are so dubious. If an embargo is placed on validity period, then a data plan for a month might be used for just two weeks
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by jossyphobia(m): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
infact thirded
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Hypertekhomeboy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
3rded!
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by olaide721(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
adedayourt:
SECONDED
THIRDED
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by CSTR2: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
simple server users will just wreck MTN.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Easy1401(m): 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
I Hon.Easy1401 rep Nairalander in Fed constituency hereby seconded the motion being moved by Hon.HighIQ that Data validity should annul and abolish...
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Joshcoli(m): 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
fantastic idea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In The Month Of December / Infinix Hot 11 Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / Lock Your Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.