Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,531 members, 7,954,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC (25607 Views)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / Reasons Why You Run Out Of Data Before The End Of Your Validity Period / Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by investnotspend: 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Barywhyte:

Bro, there is no such thing as unlimited data in Nigeria, as far I know. if you take some time to find out, every data is capped, however big it may be. 4 example, MTN BIS is capped at 2G for both BIS (1.5k) and BBC (1k). The difference is just in number of emails you are allowed to register. Already this month, my second BBC subscription on BB finished some minutes ago.

This validity stuff is nonsense in addition to the fact that data in Naija is still very expensive.

OP pls permit me to re-post ur (sorry our) grievances to NCC twitter page. This nonsense must stop.

I think I will like to say what you know is what you know , that is what am using and even using to stream live matches . bless ....good day
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by investnotspend: 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
IamRespected:
bros I stand confidently to tell u that there is no unlimited data in any network, if u doubt buy any supposed unlimited, download movies on mobilemovies.net, download like 20 if that supposed unlimited no finish lemme know what cause am
Anyway Op this is a very good idea, even for heavy data users like me they will make more sef

Bros if you know no you know be that , no de argue joor that what I use
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by flokii: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
@OP you fit write open letter too or petition to PMB na...
make you use 1k subscription for 1 year.. see ya head
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by ValerianSteel(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
The data doesn't even last.I subscribed Glo 24gb for 8k August 26th and it finished September 9th.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by unikdamzel(f): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
lilmax:
Smh
this ju don miss road
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
Kennydoc:

Well, I'll still end up buying 1gb in the new month, so what's d need?
I understand your point sha. It makes more sense anyway.

You'll have more data to use. That's the need.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by willian10: 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
MikelEleta:
That's not what I mean. What happens is this. A data that is originally 250mb is compressed by Rim and appears as 15mb when Blackberry users want to download that file BUT in android it appears as the original 250mb that's why files are always bigger in android and data gets finished on time. For example whatsapp is only 6mb in blackberry but far greater in android. That's what happens
Forget dat theory, what about the glo 3gb bis subscription, it's dsame amount of data u ll use Android(imei tweaked) n bb
Why is it dat d data isn't more than 3gb too on bb since the data is compressed
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by IamRespected: 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
investnotspend:

oga tell me the network and the data bundle, I have all sims, if I no finish am a day eh, call me whatever
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by MikelEleta(m): 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
willian10:

Forget dat theory, what about the glo 3gb bis subscription, it's dsame amount of data u ll use Android(imei tweaked) n bb
Why is it dat d data isn't more than 3gb too on bb since the data is compressed
Am sure you don't understand what am saying or explaining. Am not talking about the quantity of data but the amount applications consume in each phone. Go and ask technology savvy people and they would explain that theory better to you OR better still consult goggle and you would be convinced beyond reasonable doubt about what am saying
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by dustmalik(m): 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
investnotspend:

Stop posting nonsense all over this thread. whatever you think you know, some of us knew it way before you did. These things aren't legit. stop bragging all over this thread.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by bumtos(m): 2:28am On Sep 14, 2015
Ododo Oro
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by bewla(m): 4:05am On Sep 14, 2015
I support u all some of this thing cant b try in south africa no to talk of togo
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by oseo1(m): 4:08am On Sep 14, 2015
It will never happen. It's a use it or lose it type of deal. Yes if you Re subscribe its rolls over but they will never and in reality should not remove validity periods for data.

Even your credit has a validity period, it's just a little relaxed.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Youngpo413: 5:25am On Sep 14, 2015
All these shall pass,its just a matter of time.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by wordcat(m): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2015
orobs93:

Lol dem non ban u?
Ban me? For saying the truth?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by latoksuk: 6:48am On Sep 14, 2015
I SECOND
HighIQ:
In the past when GSM first came into Nigeria, the service provider used to do what we called validity period for recharge cards loaded then. For instance if you load 500 naira glo or mtn card, you must be able to use it within a certain period of time after which it would expire and become invalid. Although you would retain your credit but you won't be able to make call with it. As time goes on, this regulation was abolished. Now we want NCC to also abolish and annul the one month or days validity period imposed on Nigerians by service providers. Why should you force someone to finish what he or she had bought with his own money within a certain period of time?. They say we must finish it or it roll over. What nonsense! This totally violates human right! If you buy 1000,2000, or even 100 naira data, the data should last long until you finish it . There shouldn't be any embago or rule that should render it invalid after a certain period of time.My fellow Nigerians how do you feel about it. Should it be implemented ? lalasticlala, let them hear.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 14, 2015
400billionman:

Which letter is more open than Nairaland ?

The recent proposal by NLC that embezzlers of public funds should be punished by capital punishment originated here on nairaland..

Amu undecided
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by sirfemoz(m): 7:45am On Sep 14, 2015
@OP.. don't engage in a fight that you will surely loose. Data Subscriptions has categories, if not that some of us are greedy why not subscribe the one you can finish within the validity period. Those companies are out there to make profit under the harsh business conditions in Nigeria. Instead, your fight should be to have more data volume at a lesser price.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by Topmost2015(m): 7:55am On Sep 14, 2015
You talk well. I belived same rule should be applicable to the so-called Dstv as they do in other African countries like Senegal.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by cronsberg: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2015
I would rather advocate for the return of nitel with full landline and fiber optic broadband internet. That would employ tens of thousands and give nigerians cheap quality internet in the true sense, such that a person could pay 5000 naira and enjoy a full month of uninterrupted internet connection to do with as he wish. If you like download a million movies, the data will never finish until its time to pay the bill again at the end of the month. Now thats what we need in naija
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by musa1980yahoo(m): 9:25am On Sep 14, 2015
I want assure every one that, with the new leadership on NCC under professor Danbatta this issue is going receive all the. Necessary attention it deserves.
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by 400billionman: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2015
himkers:

Amu undecided

Your surname bah ?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by musa1980yahoo(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2015
slap1:
Buhari should have started his probes from NCC for the sake of the youths. I don't think he cares because he doesn't browse the internet.

I want you to know that, with the current EVC/CEO. In person of professor Danbatta, Mr president has nothing to fear. The man is another anti corruption ceaser.

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by hob(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2015
Yesso,

I support and concur

For the people we are
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by hmuhammad(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2015
The 2 shares must be from either MTN, Etisalat, Airtel or Glo staff.
lekjons:
if u support Op hit 'LIKE' if u don't, 'SHARE' or ignore!

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by patwizzy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
@op u are so on point wil heaven falls if dey slash d price.maybe vision 2020 all we need do is charge our phones and surf for free till ba3try cries out
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by lekjons(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
hmuhammad:
The 2 shares must be from either MTN, Etisalat, Airtel or Glo staff.
on point!!gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by joseph214(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
NnamdiN:
Ok let me spoil show and side mtn for once in their miserable lives grin
some free browsing cheats need data subscription to work, if data validity is abolished, some folks would browse free for life.
True
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by HighIQ(m): 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
sigmundfreud:
I think we should broadcast this idea till they do something about it!
But did you?
Re: Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC by luorquay: 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
willian10:
I don't think dats a nice idea cos in other developed countries like USA,UK,Canada there's always a validity period for data subscription, what I don't like here is dat the data is too expensive on Android, iPhone, PC compared to blackberry plan cos d bandwidth is actually same

On BlackBerry, your browsing uploads n downloads are compressed before it hits your phone while the Android comes directly with the size of whatever page/site you open.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans / Twitter: I Don't Believe Any Permanent Ban Is Right - Jack / Download God Of War 4 Apk + Obb And Iso File For Ppsspp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.