Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo (677 Views)

Reactions Over Rats In President Buhari's Office / "If Anything Happens To Osinbajo, Nigeria Will Break" – Ayo Adebanjo / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by jeff500: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
PA Ayo Adebanjo, one of the top leaders of Afenifere, a pan Yoruba group and member of the defunct National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), is a fearless nation­alist. At 87, Pa Adebanjo moni­tors every happening in Nigeria and gives his opinions on issues frankly. In this interview, the statesman examined some steps so far taken by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari especially, some key govern­ment officials, the fight against corruption and planned probe of the Jonathan administration. He submitted that the President will succeed in reinventing the country if he purges himself of dictatorship and tribalistic tendencies even as he urged him to go beyond APC in assembling the individuals to work with.
Looking at Nigeria now, how would you assess the incum­bent administration, would you say the nation is moving in the direction that you expect?
In short, they are serving below expectation, but it has not really got to the stage it can be con­demned. There are certain signs that are worrisome. I was not a supporter of Buhari because of what I know about him which I said before the election . As I have told some journalists, I still want him to prove me wrong.
What are those worrisome signs?
I’m not interested in confirm­ing what I have said because if he proves me right, it is not to the advantage of Nigeria because I accused him of being a dictator, against the rule of law and being tribalistic.
For him to prove me right will not be good for the nation. I want him to prove me wrong by doing the opposite of what I said he would do .
The appointments he has made so far are terribly lopsided . Those of us who fought for independence know that the crux of our matter is that Nigeria’s federation is lop­sided . There was a time when the North was supposed to be bigger than the South put together . That was rectified by the 1954 constitu­tion. When we went to the Lon­don Constitutional Conference, after that conference, the three regions then became really federal. That was the time premiership was created in the constitution. Before then, under the McPherson Constitution, it is either the major­ity party in each region; East, West and the South were known as bigger opponent because it was a loose central. But after the Consti­tutional Conference of 1958, when we now moved the motion for self-government and the western region withdrew its ministers from the centre which was what caused the constitutional crisis of 1957, things changed .
full news http://ogudos..com.ng/2015/09/there-are-worrisome-signs-in-president.html
Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by Aminat508(f): 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by tolexy007(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin
Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by tolexy007(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by OVI75(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
WU cares
Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
undecided
Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
shocked
"I love your skin."
Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by raumdeuter: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
These Afenifere losers who couldnt win their street for Jonathan and back to wailing

1 Like

Re: There Are Worrisome Signs In President Buhari’s Govt –adebanjo by Omotayor123(f): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nothing to worry about.... Nigeria go Better.

(1) (Reply)

Vandals Kill Seven DSS Operatives, Escape With Corpses / Probe: Amaechi’s Aide Withdraws Suit Against Wike / Is Buhari Afraid Of Tompolo Or Eating His Own Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.