Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? (39716 Views)

Why Do Girls In Serious Relationships Still Cheat?? / Can A Man Love His Woman Dearly And Still Cheat On Her? / I Beg If You Have Her As Your Wife Will You Still Cheat On Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Are you joking? That shyt happens all the time! Or is 'falling in love' a rational ordeal on par with gaining respect for someone (or not) for you? In fact, what exactly is there to respect in someone you're just barely getting to know and supposedly 'fall in love' with?

i guess, when you (EnlightenedSoul) meet a guy that you initially like, and then discover that he is a beggar, a thief, a lazy no good person, or whatever you view as lacking respect in your brain, you will knowingly continue feeding that affection you have for such person until it becomes LOVE, because this is what "sane" people do, right?! you dont love strangers, yOu get to LOVE someone after you get to know them. dont mistake BS infatuation with LOVE.

Not only are love and respect entirely different phenomena (with an ability - not a necessity - to overlap), but 'falling in love'/being 'in love' with someone and loving someone are also two different things.

whO said it was the same "phenomena"?!?!?!? since you dont seem to understand what i wrote i will write it one more time: LOVE and RESPECT is the same thing in this issue because you CANT LOVE someone you have no respect for. now focus on that for a minute and see if what you wrote above has any link whatsoever to this discussion.

There is no 'different' definition of LOVE in the true sense. That's just your perception. I'm not arguing with your preception either - it's healthy, desirable, and stands the test of time!

sorry, i forgot that you were "special" and therefore you fall on your head and love appears FOR NO DAMN REASON... but for all of us mere mortal, the interaction, the person, their actions, their being, their emotions etc is what feed this "like" and turns it into "LOVE".
but hey, there is nothing wrong with people like you who supposedly LOVE total strangers.

But to claim that someone does not love another for not respecting them is false. Love is love. Respect is respect. They can/should overlap, but it's also remarkably common that they not!

if you would remotely know the meaning of LOVE, then you will understand that what you wrote above is not possible. but let me ask, if LOVE has nothing to do with cheating/respect, then why do cheating partners hide then? and also why would you see it as wrong if your loving husband cheated on you?

Although Cassie may tell you she loves you and also respect you, she may also just plain love you without necessarily respecting you. That's just the fact of the matter. The word respect is a meaningful word in its own right. I love you =/= I respect you.

A) i dont give a damn what Cassie tells me, it is what she DOES that will ultimately matter!

B) if Cassie doesnt respect me and cheats on me, then there is NO WAY she can possibly and knowingly hurt me in such manner and say she "LOVES" me. the two are complete OPPOSITE and we should NOT accept it, instead of making excuses for BS because we love that person. thats what WEAK and low self esteem people do. thats why so many women are beaten and used like garbage (and even die) while still believing that their partner love them, UTTER NONSENSE!
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
MRBrownJ:

if you would remotely know the meaning of LOVE, then you will understand that what you wrote above is not possible. but let me ask, if LOVE has nothing to do with cheating/respect, then why do cheating partners hide then? and also why would you see it as wrong if your loving husband cheated on you?

What is love?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mindfulness:
What is love?

love is many things and very difficult to describe, those who have loved will know what i am taking about... but love could simply be described as walking on clouds, a fantasy, a dream, emotional desire... OR all of them together, and more.

love in a r/ship is a powerful emotion fuelled by the brain, which started as a "like" and, after building an attachment, you will feed that affection so that it possibly blossoms into a passionate commitment. that emotion within a sane r/ship becomes the environment that makes you both attain the best version of yourselves, thus turning into an item. within that item, you would share a special bond and become dependent of each others interactions/emotions /feelings/satisfaction.. and thats why you would miss one another if far apart; get hurt if your partner is hurt; and lookout for your partner's best interest which would ultimately be YOUR BEST interest too.

love often arrives in your life "uninvited", although you have an idea that it is in the "air", but you need to nurture it for it to show itself and last the test of time. love without nurturing is infatuation, love without commitment is "like" AND love without restrain is an obsession. in order to grow AND sustain LOVE, you need the proper ingredients such as RESPECT/TRUST/UNDERSTANDING/CARE etc (although a little bit of jealousy aint bad), and without these items, love would A) not grow "righteously" (aka obsession etc) and/or B) will simply die a natural death.

beware: many people will unknowingly, foolishly and mistakenly view infatuation/lust//like/friendship etc as love. true LOVE dont fall on your head like a ton of brick, it comes in your life in stages:
STAGE 1 like/infatuation (aka physical attraction)
STAGE 2 falling in love/romantic love, where there needs to be a POSITIVE emotional/physical interaction
STAGE 3 true love... love at its purest form, comparable to the love a "proper" mother has for her child or vice versa. thats the stage attained by people who have been together for decades FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, not because of kids, money etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
The reason why I am asking is that I am currently witnessing the failing of a marriage that has lasted for more than 20 years and this got me thinking about love and I did some research on the topic from the scientific perspective. We all know that writers, philosophers, psychologists have been trying to approach the topic for a long time and now science has developed methods to investigate the feeling, most of us desire and search for, but the question what love is, remains difficult to answer.

MRBrownJ:

love is many things and very difficult to describe, those who have loved will know what i am taking about... but love could simply be described as walking on clouds, a fantasy, a dream, emotional desire... OR all of them together, and more.

What you describe here could also be considered infatuation, what do you think?
And it also means that love is a state, in which you feel different and possibly better.

I know what it feels like but I am not sure whether this state is love or infatuation. I would rather call it infatuation.

love in a r/ship is a powerful emotion fuelled by the brain, which started as a "like" and, after building an attachment, you will feed that affection so that it possibly blossoms into a passionate commitment. that emotion within a sane r/ship becomes the environment that makes you both attain the best version of yourselves, thus turning into an item. within that item, you would share a special bond and become dependent of each others interactions/emotions /feelings/satisfaction.. and thats why you would miss one another if far apart; get hurt if your partner is hurt; and lookout for your partner's best interest which would ultimately be YOUR BEST interest too.

Indeed love is a matter of the brain rather than the heart. Scientists have proven that the brains of some animals who maintain life long relationships produce certain hormones that are responsible for bonding. Since scientists are azzholes grin , they decided to block these hormones in order to see what happens when they do and what happened was that the animals felt no desire to maintain the bond any longer. Are we the 'victims' of our hormones? grin

In summary, love according to you starts with a feeling, an affection, is then somehow fed, and develops into passionate commitment. If the environment is beneficial, love grows. The question is, how do you feed this initial affection for it to become a passionate commitment because we all know that in most relationships (I dare say most) the passion and spark fade and finally die out. What remains, at best is the promise of commitment that people uphold for very different reasons.

love often arrives in your life "uninvited", although you have an idea that it is in the "air", but you need to nurture it for it to show itself and last the test of time. love without nurturing is infatuation, love without commitment is "like" AND love without restrain is an obsession. in order to grow AND sustain LOVE, you need the proper ingredients such as RESPECT/TRUST/UNDERSTANDING/CARE etc (although a little bit of jealousy aint bad), and without these items, love would A) not grow "righteously" (aka obsession etc) and/or B) will simply die a natural death.

YES! Love often comes uninvited and it also often leaves without being asked to.
And how comes that MOST people know that respect, trust, understanding and care are necessary for love to blossom and yet fail at their relationships and marriages, feeling agitated and even hostile toward each other eventually?

Could it be that we don't have as much control over this feeling that is caused by chemical brain reactions as we would like to have?

beware: many people will unknowingly, foolishly and mistakenly view infatuation/lust//like/friendship etc as love. true LOVE dont fall on your head like a ton of brick, it comes in your life in stages:
STAGE 1 like/infatuation (aka physical attraction)
STAGE 2 falling in love/romantic love, where there needs to be a POSITIVE emotional/physical interaction
STAGE 3 true love... love at its purest form, comparable to the love a "proper" mother has for her child or vice versa. thats the stage attained by people who have been together for decades FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, not because of kids, money etc

Beautiful but have you ever encountered TRUE LOVE and if yes how many times?
Are humans able to truly and unconditionally love another person? Or is 'love' rather conditional and permanent and not supposed to last for decades?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by uptoHim(m): 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
ilobasama:
Brother you dont love your lady. If you do you wont cheat on her.

And NO, not all men cheat. Only weak and irresponsible men do that.

Once again, you dont love her, you can never love someone and cheat on them

Thank you jare! Don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mindfulness:

What you describe here could also be considered infatuation, what do you think?
And it also means that love is a state, in which you feel different and possibly better.
I know what it feels like but I am not sure whether this state is love or infatuation. I would rather call it infatuation.

you can call it "like" or even "friendship"... as i said, love is very difficult to describe, and a person who has only ever liked all his life would rightfully and mistakenly take such for LOVE. but one thing is certain, there can be NO LOVE if i knowingly hurt/poison/destroy that emotion (like the subject of this thread).

Indeed love is a matter of the brain rather than the heart. Scientists have proven that the brains of some animals who maintain life long relationships produce certain hormones that are responsible for bonding. Since scientists are azzholes grin , they decided to block these hormones in order to see what happens when they do and what happened was that the animals felt no desire to maintain the bond any longer. Are we the 'victims' of our hormones? grin

love indeed is fuelled by the brain but the heart has a big part to play in it too...remove one of them and we have nothing

In summary, love according to you starts with a feeling, an affection, is then somehow fed, and develops into passionate commitment. If the environment is beneficial, love grows. The question is, how do you feed this initial affection for it to become a passionate commitment because we all know that in most relationships (I dare say most) the passion and spark fade and finally die out. What remains, at best is the promise of commitment that people uphold for very different reasons.

positive action/interaction/bonding, compatibility, desire for one another etc
if the passion/sparks fades away then so be it, you cannot force what is NOT there. if there is no sun, no matter how much you water that plant, it simply wont blossom because the environment aint right! what remains is to go your merry way instead of stubbornly try to find love where there aint any.

YES! Love often comes uninvited and it also often leaves without being asked to.
And how comes that MOST people know that respect, trust, understanding and care are necessary for love to blossom and yet fail at their relationships and marriages, feeling agitated and even hostile toward each other eventually?

you cant force someone to love you and follow your path, you can only bring what you possess to the table, and hope that the person in front of you desire to head in the same direction as you do.

Could it be that we don't have as much control over this feeling that is caused by chemical brain reactions as we would like to have?

we all have control of what WE desire, but you certainly cannot have control of what others desire... your brain will only send the right impulses
if/when the person in front of you act/interact/bond in the positive way you desire... that is the only way there is going to be a love match!
if the person in front of you pretended to be who they were not, in order for you to fall in love with them, then as soon as they become their true self then the "love" will die a natural death

Beautiful but have you ever encountered TRUE LOVE and if yes how many times?

of course i have!!!! thats the true unconditional love i have for my parents/siblings... now, have i ever found that in a partner, not yet, but i certainly know how it will feels (i just have to look within myself and see the unconditional love i have for my parents/siblings).

Are humans able to truly and unconditionally love another person? Or is 'love' rather conditional and permanent and not supposed to last for decades?

dont you love your parents unconditionally?! i do!
you see, as hard as love of a partner may be, there are conditions attached to it (mostly positive emotional and physical ones), while true love has NONE!
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
MRBrownJ:

you can call it "like" or even "friendship"... as i said, love is very difficult to describe, and a person who has only ever liked all his life would rightfully and mistakenly take such for LOVE. but one thing is certain, there can be NO LOVE if i knowingly hurt/poison/destroy that emotion (like the subject of this thread).

Well, I am not sure about this. A man who believes that men are polygamous by nature and who considers it his birth right to sleep with different women regularly, may have very strong feelings, maybe even love his wife (whatever that means) and yet cheat. It all comes down to the different moral standards we have but I am not sure about this.

love indeed is fuelled by the brain but the heart has a big part to play in it too...remove one of them and we have nothing

Feelings are generated by the brain, the heart has rather a symbolic meaning, I guess.

positive action/interaction/bonding, compatibility, desire for one another etc
if the passion/sparks fades away then so be it, you cannot force what is NOT there. if there is no sun, no matter how much you water that plant, it simply wont blossom because the environment aint right! what remains is to go your merry way instead of stubbornly try to find love where there aint any.

The thing is that in most relationships it fades. The relationships, in which it doesn't, are rather an exception than the rule.
Maybe it is not natural for humans to bond for a life time. Maybe it is nothing but a social construct, wishful thinking. Maybe!

you cant force someone to love you and follow your path, you can only bring what you possess to the table, and hope that the person in front of you desire to head in the same direction as you do.

True.

we all have control of what WE desire, but you certainly cannot have control of what others desire... your brain will only send the right impulses
if/when the person in front of you act/interact/bond in the positive way you desire... that is the only way there is going to be a love match!
if the person in front of you pretended to be who they were not, in order for you to fall in love with them, then as soon as they become their true self then the "love" will die a natural death

I don't think so. I believe that we have far less control than we believe. How do you explain that one man likes thin women and another corpulent women? How do you explain the fact that some people could have a perfect partner (good job, intelligent, good looking and a friend) and would love to fall in fall with him or her but simply can't. Like you said, love comes uninvited. We don't choose it, it chooses us. And plenty of people love people who are not good for them.

of course i have!!!! thats the true unconditional love i have for my parents/siblings... now, have i ever found that in a partner, not yet, but i certainly know how it will feels (i just have to look within myself and see the unconditional love i have for my parents/siblings).

I wasn't talking about the love we feel for our parents or siblings. How many couples do you know who truly and unconditionally love each other?
You yourself have never experience it either. How many people have?

dont you love your parents unconditionally?! i do!
you see, as hard as love of a partner may be, there are conditions attached to it (mostly positive emotional and physical ones), while true love has NONE!

Well, even the love for a parent can be conditional. If your father was abusive, steal from you, abuse you, your mother and your siblings, gamble and take drugs, would you still love him?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by trapQ: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2015
Because people are married and have been married doesn't mean they love each other. Also because most men cheat on their spouse doesn't make the act right. Just the same way people become cleptomaniacs, doesn't make stealing wrong.
bettercreature:
Most married men do it and that doesn't mean they don't love their wife,it's possible and it's working
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 9:27am On Sep 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

Well, I am not sure about this. A man who believes that men are polygamous by nature and who considers it his birth right to sleep with different women regularly, may have very strong feelings, maybe even love his wife (whatever that means) and yet cheat. It all comes down to the different moral standards we have but I am not sure about this.

if thats what this man believes then he would NOT cheat on his wife and instead will A) be open about his beliefs and B) would meet/pursue other women right in front of his partner.the minute this man has to HIDE to d his deed, is the moment he knows/believe that what he is doing is wrong towards that r/ship.

Feelings are generated by the brain, the heart has rather a symbolic meaning, I guess.

although the brain is the source that creates the thoughts/reasons/signal as to why you are attracted to someone, it is the heart that physically interprets these emotions aka heart beats faster, high blood pressure, butterflies in the stomach etc. without these physical signs, how would you actually know that you are in love? its a partnership!

The thing is that in most relationships it fades. The relationships, in which it doesn't, are rather an exception than the rule.
Maybe it is not natural for humans to bond for a life time. Maybe it is nothing but a social construct, wishful thinking. Maybe!

dont confuse a love that aint there with getting "used" to love...after the initial love explosion which can last from 6 months to a few years, the intensity is not the same as day one, although you feel just the same for that partner. at the beginning, you guys have nothing so everything you experience together is a euphoric blast, but after a few yrs, bonds/experiences/memories are created which cushion the euphoria and therefore it isnt perceived the same way, even though you feel just the same. this happens in everything in life.

I don't think so. I believe that we have far less control than we believe. How do you explain that one man likes thin women and another corpulent women?

this is down to personal choices, and you can be sure that a man who is attracted to thin women would feel NO JOY in being with a corpulent one. so YES, we each have control of what we desire... now, there are many people who will go for what they dont desire OUT OF DESPERATION, but that is another subject entirely,

How do you explain the fact that some people could have a perfect partner (good job, intelligent, good looking and a friend) and would love to fall in fall with him or her but simply can't.

there are many circumstances in life that would have two people (seemingly meant for one another) not be together.. its called LIFE.

Like you said, love comes uninvited. We don't choose it, it chooses us. And plenty of people love people who are not good for them.

this is a sickness called "being BLINDED by love"! yes love comes uninvited, but then you have to water it with POSITIVE actions/interactions etc in order for it to blossom properly. the sad fact is that many DESPERATE people will knowingly water it with NEGATIVE actions/interactions, and and expect this rotten seed to create a great flower, lol NO CANT DO!

I wasn't talking about the love we feel for our parents or siblings. How many couples do you know who truly and unconditionally love each other?

i know many, my parents are one of them...

You yourself have never experience it either. How many people have?

and your point is?! many people will never attain the PUREST form of love but we certainly know its there.

Well, even the love for a parent can be conditional. If your father was abusive, steal from you, abuse you, your mother and your siblings, gamble and take drugs, would you still love him?

bwaaaaah! of course i will! my parents imperfections and actions (whether good or bad) have nothing to do with the love i have for them... let me try to EDUCATE you on the matter:
CONDITIONAL love is a type of love where you have to be a certain way, and do certain things in order to give/receive it.
UNCONDITIONAL love is the love that you give/receive freely without any restrictions (aka the love a child has for his parents and vice versa)... and although some parents may do the things you mentionned above, it certainly does NOT change the fact that unconditional love is the love that is given/received freely with no restrictions. so for example, when you were born, you gave and received UNCONDITIONAL love, and then, due to whatever circumstances in your older life, you may have changed that "unconditional" love to "conditional" love, but that certainly does not change the facts at hand, does it?!.

nobody is perfect and unconditional love will have you love someone and their imperfections. if my son kills a 100 people, i would still love him, whether he did something wrong or not... i may not agree with his actions but that is irrelevant with the unconditional love i have for him. if the love for my child was somehow linked to my own happiness, then that wouldnt be unconditional, would it?!
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:

if thats what this man believes then he would NOT cheat on his wife and instead will A) be open about his beliefs and B) would meet/pursue other women right in front of his partner.the minute this man has to HIDE to d his deed, is the moment he knows/believe that what he is doing is wrong towards that r/ship.

Many Nigerian men believe that it is a sign of respect not to flaunt their polygamous nature, which is according to them their birth right, in their wife's face.

although the brain is the source that creates the thoughts/reasons/signal as to why you are attracted to someone, it is the heart that physically interprets these emotions aka heart beats faster, high blood pressure, butterflies in the stomach etc. without these physical signs, how would you actually know that you are in love? its a partnership!

True.

dont confuse a love that aint there with getting "used" to love...after the initial love explosion which can last from 6 months to a few years, the intensity is not the same as day one, although you feel just the same for that partner. at the beginning, you guys have nothing so everything you experience together is a euphoric blast, but after a few yrs, bonds/experiences/memories are created which cushion the euphoria and therefore it isnt perceived the same way, even though you feel just the same. this happens in everything in life.

If the intensity is not the same, it isn't the same. It is different. It may be even better as it gets to a deeper level but it definitely ain't the same.

this is down to personal choices, and you can be sure that a man who is attracted to thin women would feel NO JOY in being with a corpulent one. so YES, we each have control of what we desire... now, there are many people who will go for what they dont desire OUT OF DESPERATION, but that is another subject entirely,

You have no choice over what you desire. Your choice is in what you go for based on your desire. I have never consciously chosen who I feel attracted to, I just feel attracted or I don't. The only choice I have is to go for what I desire or to lower my standards.

there are many circumstances in life that would have two people (seemingly meant for one another) not be together.. its called LIFE.

I know. Been there.

this is a sickness called "being BLINDED by love"! yes love comes uninvited, but then you have to water it with POSITIVE actions/interactions etc in order for it to blossom properly. the sad fact is that many DESPERATE people will knowingly water it with NEGATIVE actions/interactions, and and expect this rotten seed to create a great flower, lol NO CANT DO!

Really? Do people KNOWINGLY water their relationships with negatives actions and interactions? Can you give examples?

i know many, my parents are one of them...

I know very few.

and your point is?! many people will never attain the PUREST form of love but we certainly know its there.

It is rare, very rare, this is what I believe.

bwaaaaah! of course i will! my parents imperfections and actions (whether good or bad) have nothing to do with the love i have for them... let me try to EDUCATE you on the matter:
CONDITIONAL love is a type of love where you have to be a certain way, and do certain things in order to give/receive it.
UNCONDITIONAL love is the love that you give/receive freely without any restrictions (aka the love a child has for his parents and vice versa)... and although some parents may do the things you mentionned above, it certainly does NOT change the fact that unconditional love is the love that is given/received freely with no restrictions. so for example, when you were born, you gave and received UNCONDITIONAL love, and then, due to whatever circumstances in your older life, you may have changed that "unconditional" love to "conditional" love, but that certainly does not change the facts at hand, does it?!.

nobody is perfect and unconditional love will have you love someone and their imperfections. if my son killsote]

Well, if my father abused my mother, my siblings and me, would gamble and lose all our money, get drunk and violent, cause unbearable pain and distress, I am not sure I could love him. I can't say because I had a very loving father but I think I couldn't love a violent, abusive, foolish father unconditionally.

Now imagine, your woman, who you love very much, starts drinking heavily, gets verbally abusive and cheats on you.
Would you still love her? Could anyone love such a woman UNCONDITIONALLY?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2015
MRBrownJ:

i guess, when you (EnlightenedSoul) meet a guy that you initially like, and then discover that he is a beggar, a thief, a lazy no good person, or whatever you view as lacking respect in your brain, you will knowingly continue feeding that affection you have for such person until it becomes LOVE, because this is what "sane" people do, right?! you dont love strangers, yOu get to LOVE someone after you get to know them. dont mistake BS infatuation with LOVE.

It's as if you're not familiar with the dating process. What's the general span between "that you initially like" and "..and then discover he's XYZ"? It's common knowledge that an individual who truly desires you and aims to impress you is going to go out of his way to be on his best behavior in an attempt display his better, more lovable 'qualities' to you. Hence - neverminding your lack of uniformity and the extreme nature of your 'examples' - there is no thief, beggar, or lazy no good person. Instead, there's a laid back, easygoing, businessman who's in between jobs, finding himself, 'self-made', or - one of my personal favorites - a self-employed student 'o life loll...and so on and so forth.

In knowing this, and amid the deception, what do I risk 'respecting' but a facade? And seeing as respect is built over time through feats of reverence-inducing acts and characteristics anyway, what exactly is there to respect in the average person you're getting to know, but the tiny modicum generally afforded on the grounds of moral humanism and common decency? As it is, many rarely build on that modicum.
whO said it was the same "phenomena"?!?!?!? since you dont seem to understand what i wrote i will write it one more time: LOVE and RESPECT is the same thing in this issue because you CANT LOVE someone you have no respect for. now focus on that for a minute and see if what you wrote above has any link whatsoever to this discussion.
Sigh. 'Focus' on the bolded. Therein lies the link.
sorry, i forgot that you were "special" and therefore you fall on your head and love appears FOR NO DAMN REASON... but for all of us mere mortal, the interaction, the person, their actions, their being, their emotions etc is what feed this "like" and turns it into "LOVE".
but hey, there is nothing wrong with people like you who supposedly LOVE total strangers.
Who said it appears for no damn reason?

Even the total stranger you mentioned is far more likely to evoke a product of love than he is one of respect. Simply speaking, love in it's varying levels/degrees comes easier to the average person than respect does!
To avoid confrontation, a shift in their partner's love and respect, and other possible repercussions.

I would feel a lack of respect and betrayal depending, which I believe would ultimately manifest itself in a subsequent loss of respect (and maybe loss of love, but I've never been cheated on by someone I loved or respected). I most attribute cheating to confusion, but then that has a lot to do with a juvenile experience I had that played out longer than I knew or even thought possible.
A) i dont give a damn what Cassie tells me, it is what she DOES that will ultimately matter!
Fair enough.
B) if Cassie doesnt respect me and cheats on me, then there is NO WAY she can possibly and knowingly hurt me in such manner and say she "LOVES" me the two are complete OPPOSITE
False absolute.
and we should NOT accept it, instead of making excuses for BS because we love that person. thats what WEAK and low self esteem people do.
Acceptance is a choice, certainly. But beyond the point made.
thats why so many women are beaten and used like garbage (and even die) while still believing that their partner love them, UTTER NONSENSE!
...with this you've entered the depths of an entirely different realm, and on an embellished false premise to boot.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by tosynmich(m): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2015
Lust has taken the place of love.

How would you say you are in love and still cheat hell No

You can Lust and still cheat correct
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
tosynmich:
Lust has taken the place of love.

How would you say you are in love and still cheat hell No

You can Lust and still cheat correct

Nothing has taken the place of anything. It is as it always was.

Why is it so hard for some people to believe that we're capable of loving more than one person?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by tosynmich(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Nothing has taken the place of anything. It is as it always was.

Why is it so hard for some people to believe that we're capable of loving more than one person?

Yeah we are capable of loving more dan one person cos we have different types of love.

Wondering if you claimed to love your partner and still sleep around in the name of loving more than one person?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
tosynmich:

Yeah we are capable of loving more dan one person cos we have different types of love.

Wondering if you claimed to love your partner and still sleep around in the name of loving more than one person?

But there's more to it than that. In the human experience, we never question the idea that one can love more than one book, piece of music, type of food, art, etc. Neither in our personal relationships do we question the concept and ability of loving more than one parent, sibling, child, close/far-flung relative(s), friend(s), etc. In light of all that, isn't the exclusivity we expect of romantic love seemingly irrational, or at least incredibly perplexing?

A shocking conclusion, to be sure undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by tosynmich(m): 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

But there's more to it than that. In the human experience, we never question the idea that one can love more than one book, piece of music, type of food, art, etc. Neither in our personal relationships do we question the concept and ability of loving more than one parent, sibling, child, close/far-flung relative(s), friend, etc. In light of all that, isn't the exclusivity we expect of romantic love seemingly irrational, or at least incredibly perplexing?

A shocking conclusion, to be sure undecided

Prove to me that you are not confused
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
tosynmich:

Prove to me that you are not confused

Prove? Confused regarding?

Did you read the post??
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 08, 2016
Yes
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by OLUWAcypris1(f): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
She might nt be cheating ,maybe she doesnt trust u anymore dts y she dint take d cheating habit serious, or do u want her to die of hypertension, she is my type o,i lyk her style

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Customs Boss Use & Dump Story: My Pics Were Stolen, Used For Evil- Girl Exclaims / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? / What Was The Worst Reply You Got From A Girl After You Asked Her Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.