Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? (39727 Views)

Why Do Girls In Serious Relationships Still Cheat?? / Can A Man Love His Woman Dearly And Still Cheat On Her? / I Beg If You Have Her As Your Wife Will You Still Cheat On Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by ZaraBrains(m): 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
whizqueen:
by that time, wife go done finish wink
I'll travel outta Africa, or maybe place an Ad online.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Well, I completely disagree with you there. You're being disrespectful. I believe the partner should be in the general know (as opposed to specifics), and in agreement with whats going on. Is your partner also a "Picasso"?
I would prefer not to know
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by TeddyPendergrass(m): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Lasgidy1:
I'm deeply in love with my orente. She means so much to me and I hold her in high esteem. I can't do without hearing from her at least 3 times daily despite my schedule at work on all days but I've come to realize that despite my unfailing love for her, I still cheat on her. Though, once she caught me cheating on her but she won't walk away. I believe she's forced to assume now that cheating is in the DNA of most men.

To the guys here, is it really possible to love your wife or babe so dearly and cheat on her? When you cheat on her, is it still fair to boast of your love for her? Also, why do most men cheat? Is it really true that cheating is in the DNA of men? Should we conclude its as a result of rampant moral decadence? Is there a way to stop it?
Cc: mods please do the needful

this is for you and every asshole that thinks all men cheat. Am 24 years old and I live in ikoyi. My girlfriend lives in makurdi 9 hours away driving and 4 hours if I fly. I have known her since she was like 8 and I love her so much. we have never had sex and I have never cheated on her. not for lack of girls ( I schooled in England and drive a S550 2012 benz so you know what kind of girls that attracts) I love my girl and actively turn down advances and requests from girls cause I love my baby and won't hurt. would she do the same for me? I hope.

so bros if you're cheating on your girl thinking you love her you're deceiving the innocent girl and yourself

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by KB007: 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
You can love your woman/lady/girl and cheat on her same way you love God and still sin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by flokii: 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Lasgidy1:
I'm deeply in love with my orente. She means so much to me and I hold her in high esteem. I can't do without hearing from her at least 3 times daily despite my schedule at work on all days but I've come to realize that despite my unfailing love for her, I still cheat on her. Though, once she caught me cheating on her but she won't walk away. I believe she's forced to assume now that cheating is in the DNA of most men.

To the guys here, is it really possible to love your wife or babe so dearly and cheat on her? When you cheat on her, is it still fair to boast of your love for her? Also, why do most men cheat? Is it really true that cheating is in the DNA of men? Should we conclude its as a result of rampant moral decadence? Is there a way to stop it?

It's jst d way it is... opposite/unlike poles attract

bad guys like ursef tend to find/date loyal and faithful girls whereas d gud guys (which m afraid m part of) tend to attract bitc*ees/hoe*es..

Jst like the other day when a lady claims to have fallen in love with another guy a month bfor her marriage...

sad thing really..
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Miracle4Sure: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2015
ilobasama:
I de o. Who be this smiley
ur guy..#awohall
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2015
Lol......no vex, your name, abi where u stay......I sabi many guys fo awo na. grin
Miracle4Sure:
ur guy..#awohall
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by tosyne2much(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
naijaboiy:
Omo see as angry females attack this thread gringringringrin
Broda Naijaboiy cool
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by limamintruth: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Lasgidy1:

And if your lady cheat on you now, you will be quick to say 'these hoes aint loyal' abi? undecided

Advise:
Always do unto others what you will want them to also do unto you bro. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by limamintruth: 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
bettercreature:
Most married men do it and that doesn't mean they don't love their wife,it's possible and it's working

Same way many married women cheat on their spouses while still claiming true love for the husbands.

Remember just because alot of people act despicably doesnt make such right. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by mart2k(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
I think it has o do wit individual, as for me, every other ladies look like shit when am in love so, it never cross my mind to cheat.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by naijaboiy: 1:32am On Sep 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
Broda Naij aboiy cool
Bros I greet you o. How far na? cheesy
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2015
MRBrownJ:

same thing sista... you cant possibly LOVE someone and not respect them.... IMPOSSIBLE!!!! so, if RESPECT is not present then there is no way that LOVE can remotely be present!

I sincerely hope you don't actually believe that. Love and respect are not mutually inclusive.

Give it some thought.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I sincerely hope you don't actually believe that. Love and respect are not mutually inclusive.

Give it some thought.

i guess we have a different definition of LOVE.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
When you love someone it will be the last you would do because you won't even think to hurt her even if you are tempted. If you are held by gun point then I would say that tou aren't willing to die for me but, I do know human first instinct is self preservation and I won't take its personally.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
MRBrownJ:

I have family members that I love but do not respect.

Respect means giving the person the admiration or high regards it has nothing to do with love. There are many different types of love by the way.

Think about a person who abused or used you....do you still "respect" them? (Admire or put them in high regards)
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Give it some thought.

I agree. In used to think that love and respect are interchangeable until I understood the truth behind love and perspectives of love. I realized people have different definition of love and respect.

Imagine a woman saying a man doesn't love her until he beat her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
MrsChima:

I have family members that I love but do not respect.

the love you have for a family member is different than the LOVE we are discussing about here.

Respect means giving the person the admiration or high regards it has nothing to do with love.

again, do you actually believe that love can blossom with someone that you have no respect for?

There are many different types of love by the way.

now you are talking sista C, many of you are confusing the love we are talking about here

Think about a person who abused or used you....do you still "respect" them? (Admire or put them in high regards)

there are many reasons why someone would abuse and/or use you, but one thing is certain, the person doing the ill deeds does not LOVE nor respect the abused person (unless they believe in their fukced up head that abusing your partner is actually love)

the IMPORTANT question IS: do you think that a man who willingly and REPEATEDLY cheats on you, actually loves you?!
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
MRBrownJ:

the love you have for a family member is different than the LOVE we are discussing about here.

again, do you actually believe that love can blossom with someone that you have no respect for?

now you are talking sista C, many of you are confusing the love we are talking about here

there are many reasons why someone would abuse and/or use you, but one thing is certain, the person doing the ill deeds does not LOVE nor respect the abused person (unless they believe in their fukced up head that abusing your partner is actually love)

the IMPORTANT question IS: do you think that a man who willingly and REPEATEDLY cheats on you, actually loves you?!

I guess you got me confused with the previously chatter. I made it very clear in my single post that a person who loves someone will not think to hurt that person. I stand on that. I also said you can love someone and still not respect them family or not.

A committed boyfriend and husband is family. So the love for family would be different as of a stranger or an associate.

A Bleep buddy or a booty caller wouldn't have the family love but a lust love.

According to OP, he is a boyfriend so the love would be a family love if they have been committed for a while.

There are people who are not family that I love and do not respect them but it is worst to love FAMILY and not respect them.

Thats my point. Who cares about non-fsmily members? Exactly.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
MrsChima:

I guess you got me confused with the previously chatter. I made it very clear in my single post that a person who loves someone will not think to hurt that person. I stand on that. I also said you can love someone and still not respect them family or not.

well the subject of this thread still is: is it possible to BE IN LOVE and cheat on your spouse. so what is your answer to that?!

A committed boyfriend and husband is family. So the love for family would be different as of a stranger or an associate.
A Bleep buddy or a booty caller wouldn't have the family love but a lust love.
According to OP, he is a boyfriend so the love would be a family love if they have been committed for a while.

by family we are talking of brother, parents etc, not partner because these are 2 distinct type of LOVE. stop mixing the two, as family (aka siblings/parents) love is COMPLETELY different from the love you have for your partner.

There are people who are not family that I love and do not respect them but it is worst to love FAMILY and not respect them.

i am lost, stay on the subject... and answer the following question: do you think that a husband/bf who willingly and REPEATEDLY cheats on you, actually loves you?!
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
MRBrownJ:

well the subject of this thread still is: is it possible to BE IN LOVE and cheat on your spouse. so what is your answer to that?!

by family we are talking of brother, parents etc, not partner because these are 2 distinct type of LOVE. stop mixing the two, as family (aka siblings/parents) love is COMPLETELY different from the love you have for your partner.

i am lost, stay on the subject... and answer the following question: do you think that a husband/bf who willingly and REPEATEDLY cheats on you, actually loves you?!

Just because YOU disagree with the term doesn't change the fact that a committed partner i.e. husband, fiance, and committed boyfriend is in the same category as family.

I have already answered your question about the love and cheating part....IF YOU TRULY LOVE YOUR PARTNER YOU WON'T CHEAT ON your partner.

My point is you can love someone and not respect someone just like the last chatter told you. I DID NOT SAY OP LOVE HIS GIRLFRIEND.

YOU THINK LOVE AND RESPECT ARE MUTUAL. YOU Can respect someone and don't love them in any fashion.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
MrsChima:

Just because YOU disagree with the term doesn't change the fact that a committed partner i.e. husband, fiance, and committed boyfriend is in the same category as family.

ok sista, whatever rocks your boat

I have already answered your question about the love and cheating part....IF YOU TRULY LOVE YOUR PARTNER YOU WON'T CHEAT ON your partner.

this should be the end of this debate then

My point is you can love someone and not respect someone just like the last chatter told you. I DID NOT SAY OP LOVE HIS GIRLFRIEND.

and as i said to the previous person: "if RESPECT is not present then there is no way that LOVE can remotely be present!"

YOU THINK LOVE AND RESPECT ARE MUTUAL. YOU Can respect someone and don't love them in any fashion.

pls dnt misunderstand what i wrote, i specifically said that there can be NO LOVE without RESPECT (because you need respect for LOVE to remotely blossom)... now, dont mix the two and suddenly believe that, because there cant be love without respect, it AUTOMATICALLY means that there cant be respect without love LOL!

RESPECT can create LOVE, LOVE cannot create RESPECT... dnt mix the two!
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
LMAO@husband and fiance can't be a family member. grin

I thought I heard EVERYTHING but. No! grin
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by brokennotbeaten: 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
[i][/i]I totally agree with you on this. I fully trusted and respected my husband and our vows but to find out three day after I lost our baby boy he was cheating on me was even more devastating to me as if I lost him too. Men don't realize how much of an impact cheating has on a woman that does honor their marriage. It can leave a big empty void that is hard to get over and sometimes fil.
pslm23:
You have lied to yourself and made yourself believe that you truly love your wife! A lot of men who defend their wayward lifestyles are always quick to scream I LOVE MY WIFE, BUT THIS CHEATING IS IN MY GENES, I CAN'T HELP MYSELF! Puleasseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! Cheating is a disease, like taking cocaine and other hard drugs. But that habit, like drugs can be kicked if the DETERMINATION is there! If you know your wife is your missing rib and the center of your being, if you know she compliments you as a man, if you know she's the best wife and mother any man can ever ask for, if she still has ALL the qualities you ever wanted in a woman, then dude, you have absolutely no reason to go boinking any other woman! You are a selfish man and honestly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for even starting this thread by proclaiming undying love for your wife and then add that you are a serial cheat!

I'm sorry if this is a bit harsh, but i truly have zero tolerance for cheating men! Tell me, when you are on top of another woman, do you see your wife's face? when you are kissing another woman, does an image of your beautiful wife cross your mind? when you place your lips on another woman's mammary glands, do you imagine they are your wife's?
Why bother get married in the first place if hopping from aisha to bisi to nkiru to Jezebel was what you truly wanted to do? I don't know if you are Christian or Muslim but i want to believe that when you got married you both SWORE on the HOLY BOOK to remain faithful to each other, hmmmmmmm, are you now mocking God and your vows? you know the Bible says there's a special place in HELL for men that cheat?

Bottom line, go home to your wife, look at her, remember why you love her, tell her your weakness, tell her you've cheated on her for probably the duration of your marriage and ask her to forgive you. Then make the f'ing effort to STOP all that mess! You don't know where the end will meet you, it better not be with a ho0ker.

Yesterday on TV, I watched a shocking news story that happened in Philadelphia. A man had been cheating on his wife and one day, this girlfriend went to her married lovers house and fired 3 shots at his wife and kids as she was bringing groceries out the car. Two bullets struck the woman in the stomach and one hit their infant daughter .....

MEN, CHEATING ON YOUR WIVES PUTS THEM, YOUR KIDS AND HOME IN MORTAL DANGER
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
MrsChima:
LMAO@husband and fiance can't be a family member. grin
I thought I heard EVERYTHING but. No! grin

stop trying to twist everything around, we are taking about LOVE from a partner here, and the LOVE you have for a sibling/parent (aka FAMILY) is way different than the LOVE you have for a partner (they certainy cant "cheat" on you) . so whether you want to call them all "family" (to each their own), they are NOT the same LOVE.... which is the subject of this thread.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 12:08am On Sep 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:

stop trying to twist everything around, we are taking about LOVE from a partner here, and the LOVE you have for a sibling/parent (aka FAMILY) is way different than the LOVE you have for a partner (they certainy cant "cheat" on you) . so whether you want to call them all "family" (to each their own), they are NOT the same LOVE.... which is the subject of this thread.

The love I HAVE for MY HUSBAND is the same love I HAVE FOR MY MOTHER ETC.

Sorry!
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 12:56am On Sep 23, 2015
MrsChima:

The love I HAVE for MY HUSBAND is the same love I HAVE FOR MY MOTHER ETC.

Sorry!

lol, if you actually believe that they are THE SAME, then fair enough, you must be a special one. but, for the sake of making this discussion interesting, let me ask you these few questions.... since both are the same:
- are you in love with your mother?!
- did you choose to love your mother just like you chose to love your husband?
- does the love you have for your husband based on the same foundation as the love you have for your mother?
- since the love you have for your husband is the same as the one you have for your mother, who would you choose if you had only two parachutes and the plane was crashing with all 3 of you in it?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 1:00am On Sep 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:

lol, if you actually believe that they are THE SAME, then fair enough, you must be a special one. but, for the sake of making this discussion interesting, let me ask you these few questions.... since both are the same:
- are you in love with your mother?!
- did you choose to love your mother just like you chose to love your husband?
- does the love you have for your husband based on the same foundation as the love you have for your mother?
- since the love you have for your husband is the same as the one you have for your mother, who would you choose if you had only two parachutes and the plane was crashing with all 3 of you in it?

Again, you don't have to agree. It doesn't change facts! kiss
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
MRBrownJ:

Not to mean that I outrightly disrespect the people I don't 'respect', but if I speak for myself, the number of people I respect I can count on one hand (with digits to spare), whereas the people I care for and/or love are near numerous and diverse in nature, degree, and method [of love]. But I digress...

The definition agrees with me. It's your perception of it that differs. Never was love synonymous with respect. Still, I don't wish to argue with you.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
MrsChima:

I agree. In used to think that love and respect are interchangeable until I understood the truth behind love and perspectives of love. I realized people have different definition of love and respect.

Imagine a woman saying a man doesn't love her until he beat her.

Yes. Although I understand what you're trying to say, and people do have different perspectives, I'm speaking more to the organic meaning/understanding of love/respect rather than 'definitions' arising from psychological issues, abuse, conditioning, and etc. I don't understand how one can assume love implies respect is all.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by MRBrownJ: 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Not to mean that I outrightly disrespect the people I don't 'respect', but if I speak for myself, the number of people I respect I can count on one hand (with digits to spare), whereas the people I care for and/or love are near numerous and diverse in nature, degree, and method [of love]. But I digress...

The definition agrees with me. It's your perception of it that differs. Never was love synonymous with respect. Still, I don't wish to argue with you.

so what you are saying is that YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH A MAN YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR... and therefore i am saying again, we have a different definition of LOVE.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
MRBrownJ:

so what you are saying is that YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH A MAN YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR... and therefore i am saying again, we have a different definition of LOVE.

Are you joking? That shyt happens all the time! Or is 'falling in love' a rational ordeal on par with gaining respect for someone (or not) for you? In fact, what exactly is there to respect in someone you're just barely getting to know and supposedly 'fall in love' with?

Not only are love and respect entirely different phenomena (with an ability - not a necessity - to overlap), but 'falling in love'/being 'in love' with someone and loving someone are also two different things.

There is no 'different' definition of LOVE in the true sense. That's just your perception. I'm not arguing with your preception either - it's healthy, desirable, and stands the test of time! But to claim that someone does not love another for not respecting them is false. Love is love. Respect is respect. They can/should overlap, but it's also remarkably common that they not!

Although Cassie may tell you she loves you and also respect you, she may also just plain love you without necessarily respecting you. That's just the fact of the matter. The word respect is a meaningful word in its own right. I love you =/= I respect you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ladies, How Do You React If You Sit On A Guy's Lap And He Gets A Boner / 5 Ways To Spot A Chronic Womanizer / What Was The Worst Reply You Got From A Girl After You Asked Her Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.