Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] (29955 Views)

2016 NAIRALAND JAMB TUTORIAL {the Physics Thread } / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [government Thread] / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [mathematics Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Oxytocin(m): 2:19am On Feb 10, 2016
ShyNeptune:

Lol.... honestly there's a wide distinction between physics and chemistry. embarassed . Maybe to me though. grin
A big difference bro .Chemistry is abstract
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by OluchiDelly: 7:16am On Feb 10, 2016
Oxytocin:

A big difference bro .Chemistry is abstract

grin your monicker is a chemical compound naun (organic, hormone secreted in the body), is the chemical too(I mean your monicker) abstract.? If Yes., then, no woman wl be able to give birth, it's a sex hormone.
You can see that your claim is not correct. I just picked your own monicker to counter your submission.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by OluchiDelly: 7:37am On Feb 10, 2016
@ ShyNeptune n oxytocin. On a serious note I agree with you but not all the concepts... Some concepts in chemistry are abstract. The only antidote is to create more time to read it. Read it more than any other subjects if you want to pass, then it will mingle with the blood n water in your body forever. I finished my degree in 2004. I don't work in teaching sector, meaning that I don't have time to read again, but I can conveniently teach any topic in chemistry if you wake me from my sleep.
So please don't use the word abstract as an excuse to dislike chemistry cos those Profs do not have two heads.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Oxytocin(m): 10:49am On Feb 10, 2016
OluchiDelly:

grin your monicker is a chemical compound naun (organic, hormone secreted in the body), is the chemical too(I mean your monicker) abstract.? If Yes., then, no woman wl be able to give birth, it's a sex hormone.
You can see that your claim is not correct. I just picked your own monicker to counter your submission.
OluchiDelly:
@ ShyNeptune n oxytocin. On a serious note I agree with you but not all the concepts... Some concepts in chemistry are abstract. The only antidote is to create more time to read it. Read it more than any other subjects if you want to pass , then it will mingle with the blood n water in your body forever. I finished my degree in 2004. I don't work in teaching sector, meaning that I don't have time to read again, but I can conveniently teach any topic in chemistry if you wake me from my sleep.
So please don't use the word abstract as an excuse to dislike chemistry cos those Profs do not have two heads.
Lol grin... You are getting me wrong, using my monicker to bastardize what I said doesn't bring out a good point.
Oxytocin is more related to biology, not even chemistry.

Now at the words in bold, that's the point, that's the main point, all you do is read no practice,that's what exactly makes chemistry abstract
You took my meaning for 'abstract' another way round.
In chemistry,most of what we see are equations and what they give as products, this leading to that and this..
we don't see the practicals, we don't see the reactions face to face, it's now worse in a country like Nigeria where theories have taken over everything, the practical aspects are almost left uncarried out,which is very very bad. In this way, all most everything you would know in chemistry, are the ones you read in textbooks;Internet and the rest... no real practical things you learn yourself.

For example, I read that Na202 + 2HCl >>>H202 +2NaOH,... I just read it, have not seen how it happens in real life, I just know that when those two react they give the products up there.
Now compare it with physics, I read that impurities;when added to water increases the boiling point. I can easily go into my kitchen, boil the same volume of water in two different kettles add a pinch of salt to one and leave the other untouched. Now one will boil faster than the other, and definitely on my own, I will conclude that impurities increase the boiling point of water. Now, that will forever stick to my head, unlike chemistry, everything you do is read, read and read.

Learning should be 80% practical and 20% reading,maybe that's why the developed countries are far better than Nigeria;we hardly see pro scientists from Nigeria, because they base on theories. Studying chemistry outside Nigeria will be fun.

P. S.. What you practice once will stick to your head longer than what you read 5 times.
Also, chemistry was one of my best subjects and am still very good in it.... Why?? That's because I don't have a choice, it's compulsory in my line of study
Physics and maths still rocks better wink

Hmmm.. You are done with your degree, that's nice.... Respect cool
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 10, 2016
OluchiDelly:
@ ShyNeptu.ne n oxyto.cin. On a serious note I agree with you but not all the concepts... Some concepts in chemistry are abstract. The only antidote is to create more time to read it. Read it more than any other subjects if you want to pass, then it will mingle with the blood n water in your body forever. I finished my degree in 2004. I don't work in teaching sector, meaning that I don't have time to read again, but I can conveniently teach any topic in chemistry if you wake me from my sleep.
WOW. ... I so much agree with you.....
You finished your degree 2004? shocked wow.
RESPECT ma'am!
You ended up inspiring me even more.
Thanks a million. smiley
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2016
Oxytocin:

Lol grin... You are getting me wrong, using my monicker to bastardize what I said doesn't bring out a good point.

Now at the words in bold, that's the point, that's the main point, all you do is read no practice,that's what exactly makes chemistry abstract
In chemistry,most of what we see are equations and what they give as products, this leading to that and this..
we don't see the practicals, we don't see the reactions face to face, it's now worse in a country like Nigeria where theories have taken over everything, the practical aspects are almost left uncarried out,which is very very bad. In this way, all most everything you would know in chemistry, are the ones you read in textbooks;Internet and the rest... no real practical things you learn yourself.

For example, I read that Na202 + 2HCl >>>H202 +2NaOH,... I just read it, have not seen how it happens in real life, I just know that when those two react they give the products up there.
Now compare it with physics, I read that impurities;when added to water increases the boiling point. I can easily go into my kitchen, boil the same volume of water in two different kettles add a pinch of salt to one and leave the other untouched. Now one will boil faster than the other, and definitely on my own, I will conclude that impurities increase the boiling point of water. Now, that will forever stick to my head, unlike chemistry, everything you do is read, read and read.

Learning should be 80% practical and 20% reading,maybe that's why the developed countries are far better than Nigeria;we hardly see pro scientists from Nigeria, because they base on theories. Studying chemistry outside Nigeria will be fun.

P. S.. What you practice once will stick to your head longer than what you read 5 times.
Also, chemistry was one of my best subjects and am still very good in it.... Why?? That's because I don't have a choice, it's compulsory in my line of study

smiley Lolz. . @chemistry outside Nigeria will be fun.
That's 100% correct. cheesy
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by OluchiDelly: 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
Oxytocin:

I didn't bastardize you. grin just trying to create some fun from your monicker.
Oxytocin is 100% chemical in nature. but present in biological cells, that's why they call it bio-chemical substance. You can google "structure of oxytocin", you will see its chemical formula /structure.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2016
ShyNeptune:
WOW. ... I so much agree with you..... You finished your degree 2004? shocked wow. RESPECT ma'am! You ended up inspiring me even more. Thanks a million. smiley
grin grin. It's a "sir."
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Oxytocin:

you're spot on. Our educational system of basing study mostly on theory is the reason we don't have reputable chemists in this country. We still have a few physicists who are trying, but chemists? . . . Elusive.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Oxytocin(m): 12:22am On Feb 11, 2016
OluchiDelly:

I didn't bastardize you. grin just trying to create some fun from your monicker.
Oxytocin is 100% chemical in nature. but present in biological cells, that's why they call it bio-chemical substance. You can google "structure of oxytocin", you will see its chemical formula /structure.
Lol... Owkk.. I get you
I don't really need to Google out the structure
You really don't wanna know how I came by the monicker Oxytocin grin

... Wait again.. You graduated 2004 shocked
I doff my hat cheesy
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2016
A gas initially at 273K is heated such that its volume and pressure become twice their original values. What is the new temperature?

Icecalm, oluchidelly, mathefaro, shyneptune, oxytocin etc.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Oxytocin(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2016
Geofavor:

A gas initially at 273K is heated such that its volume and pressure become twice their original values. What is the new temperature?

Icecalm, oluchidelly, mathefaro, shyneptune, oxytocin etc.
T¹ =273k
P¹ =X
V¹=Y
T² =??
P²=2X
V²= 2Y
V¹P¹/T¹ =V²P²/T²

T²=V²P²T¹/V¹P¹
T²=2X × 2Y×273/X×Y
T²=1092k
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 9:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Oxytocin:
T¹ =273k P¹ =X V¹=Y T² =?? P²=2X V²= 2Y V¹P¹/T¹ =V²P²/T²
T²=V²P²T¹/V¹P¹ T²=2X × 2Y×273/X×Y T²=1092k
nice. Thanks
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 11, 2016
Geofavor:

grin grin. It's a "sir."
Really? shocked
Lol.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
ShyNeptune:

Really? shocked
Lol.
Lol. I also made that mistake when I addressed him for the first time. I been think sey na babe sef. When hin tell me sey, "i'm a man. I finished in 1996 (or so)," oboy I prostrate immediately for where I dey.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Oxytocin(m): 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Geofavor:

Lol. I also made that mistake when I addressed him for the first time. I been think sey na babe sef. When hin tell me sey, "i'm a man. I finished in 1996 (or so)," oboy I prostrate immediately for where I dey.
Lolzzz grin grin
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Geofavor:

Hahahahahahahaha grin
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by OluchiDelly: 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
Make una no mind me. I get affinity for estern feminine names. I cross border go east from West go carry "partner". my children too bear eastern names.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
OluchiDelly:
Make una no mind me. I get affinity for estern feminine names. I cross border go east from West go carry "partner". my children too bear eastern names.
hmm. True Nigerian smiley
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by ayokunlei(m): 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
Geofavor:

my Scholar, shey u don repair your phone? To chat you dey hungry me o grin
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by ayokunlei(m): 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
Geofavor:

my Scholar, shey u don repair your phone ? To chat you dey hungry me o grin
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
ayokunlei:

my Scholar, shey u don repair your phone ? To chat you dey hungry me o grin
my oga, I haven't repaired it o. Hit me up via that email I gave you na. smiley
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 13, 2016
Hailing you all. I know I've missed a lot here and needed to have be here to move the thread ahead with you guys but it kind of difficult for me to manage my time in school this days. I hope to join you guys in a month time. Read well, if I find myself here before jamb. I will share to the jambites of the thread 50 chemistry questions most likely to be encountered in jamb examination. BTW, when is the jamb examination starting?
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by serenityaliyu(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2016
icecalm:
Hailing you all. I know I've missed a lot here and needed to have be here to move the thread ahead with you guys but it kind of difficult for me to manage my time in school this days. I hope to join you guys in a month time. Read well, if I find myself here before jamb. I will share to the jambites of the thread 50 chemistry questions most likely to be encountered in jamb examination. BTW, when is the jamb examination starting?
heard it will commence by Feb 29, not sure tho pls post those questions icecalm
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by elvis10ten(m): 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Prepare for JAMB 2016 CBT using PrepUp.

- Access thousands of past questions
- Free and Completely offline
- Get the jamb 2016 eSyllabus
- Study smartly using our Topics Performance chart that tells you areas you need to work on
- Detailed Explanations and clear diagrams
- Lots more

Download it now on Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=elvis10ten.com.past_questions
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
serenityaliyu:
heard it will commence by Feb 29, not sure tho pls post those questions iceca.lm
Go on myschooldotcom and practice as many questions as you can...
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by JOACHINpedro: 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
i guess i'm the last man in..can someone help me by providing answers to this few question...
1.What is nascent hydrogen?
2.How one can know the effects of constrint on an equilibrium system.
3.How to calculate radio active arithmetics. I need reply asap abeg
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Dbrain22(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
Good afternoon fellow scholars..nice job here to our tutors..have been following dis thread 4 sometime nw even if I don't really comment but plz I hav a question to ask..I have been studying 4 dis exam though havnt covered everytin but d little I have studied,I really understand dem..I hate reading @ night but love it in d morning n @ my own convenience..does dis makes me lazy and will it affect me in any way?
Waiting 4 ur suggestions..#tnx
Cc..geofavour
Thankyoujesus
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dbrain22:
Good afternoon fellow scholars..nice job here to our tutors..have been following dis thread 4 sometime nw even if I don't really comment but plz I hav a question to ask..I have been studying 4 dis exam though havnt covered everytin but d little I have studied,I really understand dem..I hate reading @ night but love it in d morning n @ my own convenience..does dis makes me lazy and will it affect me in any way?
Cc..geofavour
Thankyoujesus
Is it that you hate reading at night or you don't always understand things when you read them at night?
If you fail to understand things at night then my advice for you is to quit studying at night. Daytime reading will be good for you. smiley
But if you Naturally hate reading at night with no valid reason then I think it's high time you Disciplined your body. wink
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2016
Dbrain22:
this is why early preparation is good; you get to study at your own pace. And by saying at your own pace, I mean reading when you tend to understand what you read.

But at this time which there isn't much time left, and you still have topics to cover, you're going to have to discipline your body. Your time of convenience might not be enough to read up the materials you have at hand. So, I'll advice that you study the easy materials when you feel less active, and the difficult ones when you're very active.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Dbrain22(m): 5:32am On Feb 17, 2016
Geofavor:

this is why early preparation is good; you get to study at your own pace. And by saying at your own pace, I mean reading when you tend to understand what you read.

But at this time which there isn't much time left, and you still have topics to cover, you're going to have to discipline your body. Your time of convenience might not be enough to read up the materials you have at hand. So, I'll advice that you study the easy materials when you feel less active, and the difficult ones when you're very active.
tnx a bunch @ geofavour..I started studying late last year but still got some topics to cover now..I just realised that I am being lazy and nothing else..I mostly sleep off when studying @ night but I think I can work on that...tnk u very much man..am grateful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] by Geofavor(m): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Calculate the pH of a solution of 0.0001 moldm-3 hydrochloric acid.
Icecalm, oluchidelly, mathefaro, shyneptune, oxytocin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

WAEC Announces New Fees For Delay In Collecting Certificate - See New Price / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.