Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551797 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
People of God!
How una dey?
What's the latest?

Has anyone received any mail?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olajidegeo(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2016
we still in mid march. We should start receiving mails by April ending. April 20 specifically for University of Oslo
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 11:29am On Mar 15, 2016
Anybody applied to NTNU?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 15, 2016
Yes I did

rinzylee:
Anybody applied to NTNU?

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
NTNU just broke my heart! They said my GPA(4.18/5.00) is too low in comparison with candidates who have been offered admission.
While my friend with a lower 4.16/5.00 got admission for same course last year. I feel horrible right now!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
Calm down bro....I.was just told the same thing. Don't weep. I was denied too.
Are you on whatsapp or bbm let's talk
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
The professional evaluation of your educational background is done in consultation with the Faculty.

The decision can be appealed in accordance with the Public Administration Act, sections 28 and 29, within three weeks from receiving this notification. Your appeal can be sent to:

Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Office of International Relations
O.S. Bragstads plass 3
NO-7491 Trondheim
NORWAY

Yours sincerely,

Student and Academic Division
Norwegian Univsersity of Science and Technology (NTNU)

Whatever this means?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
my bro same story here oh. This guys are really surprising me oh

olujastro:
NTNU just broke my heart! They said my GPA(4.18/5.00) is too low in comparison with candidates who have been offered admission.
While my friend with a lower 4.16/5.00 got admission for same course last year. I feel horrible right now!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
Waht?

Is this serious? 4.18 CGPA too low For masters program.. Bullsht... Biased, discrimination oo....
Well let's hope other schools we applied for admit us
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 6:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
rinzylee:
Calm down bro....I.was just told the same thing. Don't weep. I was denied too.
Are you on whatsapp or bbm let's talk
I'm really pissed because I really want Nat Gas Tech. Any other course I do is just for the records that I'm done with MSC.
I don't know how to drop my contact details on public forums. If you're comfortable with that, I can add you. Else, we'll have to find another way to talk.
Except you're on twitter, add me. Then I can DM you my personal contact.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
olujastro:
Sorry bruv. You've got a nice cgpa. However, there's so high a demand for the tuition-free programmes these schools offer, that it is possible the number of first-class candidates alone who applied might have surpassed the quota they can admit. So, yours becomes the fate of a 4-point 2.1 holder. With your cgpa, you would bounce into most school in Germany. Their application windows are still wide open.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
lobito007:

Sorry bruv. You've got a nice cgpa. However, there's so high a demand for the tuition-free programmes these schools offer, that it is possible the number of first-class candidates alone who applied might have surpassed the quota they can admit. So, yours becomes the fate of a 4-point 2.1 holder. With your cgpa, you would bounce into most school in Germany. Their application windows are still wide open.
The first thing I did after seeing that NTNU mail was to check out German schools as my mind is fixed on MSc this year. But my problem with some of them is that some of their requirements are "not cool" with me like Getting Professors as referees.
If you know any school that offers Energy-related courses, requires no knowledge of German language and requests just academic/employer reference letters, not forms for referees to fill and send, Pls let me know.
Another issue might be transcript sending, mine took 1.5months to reach NTNU, several German schools' deadlines are March end.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 7:29am On Mar 16, 2016
I didn't even send my transcript to NTNU. I only scanned and sent. Thank God I didn't waste my 38k.

I think Germany should be next destination.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ndirpaya1: 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello guys, just found this forum.

seems NTNU's bouncing out guys oh.

my application was rejected

its well

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by niyogeol(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hello guys, anyone appealing NTNU decision in the house? Guys studying at NTNU, what can you say about appeal?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
I sent them a mail.asking for the content of such appeal. They insulted me further.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by niyogeol(m): 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
Can you post the insult here?
rinzylee:
I sent them a mail.asking for the content of such appeal. They insulted me further.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nitta08(f): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
Seriously guys, it's a serious something. I was bounced too. It's well. God is faithful. Let's still hold on to our faith of getting there this August. I believe other schools won't be this harsh.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=niyogeol post=43924534]Can you post the insult here?[/quote(Please keep the subject when replying to this mail)

Dear Student,

As you do not fulfill NTNUs minimum requirement, I do not see why an
appeal would do much.

However, you are welcome to appeal. To do that, send a written appeal
to arild.ohren@ntnu.no

Best,

Arild Ohren
Higher Executive Officer
Office of International Relations, Norwegian Univ. of Science and
Technology (NTNU)
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nitta08(f): 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=rinzylee post=43929790][/quote]
Ooopss!!! That's too harsh
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nitta08:

Ooopss!!! That's too harsh

I send them?....because they are the best school in Norway their head dey blow . How far did you make their list?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nitta08(f): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2016
No. I was bounced too
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nitta08:
No. I was bounced too

Who then shall be saved ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by nethio: 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello all, those that got admission and are interested in learning Norwegian before travelling should reply this post. Remember in Norway u will struggle to get on with everyday life without speaking/reading Norwegian. Yes they speak English but they are proud people and most often aside class won't speak English to you. So u guys can reply and I'd find ways to share some of my books with you. Book by Olaf Husby Associate professor Norwegian as a second language Norwegian University of Science and Technology Trondheim ,Norway

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
Are we still waiting?

We need a new story here!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olajidegeo(m): 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
rinzylee:
Are we still waiting?

We need a new story here!

I still dey wait for Oslo and UiT oo
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ok ....almost felt alone. Please is anyone waiting for BERGEN here?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by EMriss(m): 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
lemoncvn:
Hello baby123, where you dey live for Tri? I will be there in July from Japan
ummmm....i really envy most peps outside...i pray to b out too some day...i will appreciate anybody willling to help. i am very energetic and can do any work
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sobastical: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
EMriss:
ummmm....i really envy most peps outside...i pray to b out too some day...i will appreciate anybody willling to help. i am very energetic and can do any work

With the current situation in the European region such ambition might just be frustrated. ..try schools brother
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by EMriss(m): 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
sobastical:

With the current situation in the European region such ambition might just be frustrated. ..try schools brother
i dont undasstand "try schools" if u mean try schooling den brother like seriously i dont think i can afford dat for now..but any help towards dat will b higly appreciated. thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by manover: 12:15am On Apr 01, 2016
Anybody going to UiT The Arctic University of Norway? my brother has been accepted/offered admission "Technology and Safety in the High North - Master"
They just sent me email, and i have already accepted the offered. Please whats the next step? Just confused dont know where to start from here. Please guys i will appreciate your help to direct me on the step to apply for my visa
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 2:23am On Apr 01, 2016
manover:
Anybody going to UiT The Arctic University of Norway? my brother has been accepted/offered admission "Technology and Safety in the High North - Master"
They just sent me email, and i have already accepted the offered. Please whats the next step? Just confused dont know where to start from here. Please guys i will appreciate your help to direct me on the step to apply for my visa

I applied too..yet to receive any email . Congrats man!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.