Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551838 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by manover: 2:44am On Apr 01, 2016
Thanks man, try check your email again. They have started notifying qualified candidate of their admission. My question is how do one transfer money from naija to Norway?
rinzylee:

I applied too..yet to receive any email . Congrats man!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 3:45am On Apr 01, 2016
manover:
Thanks man, try check your email again. They have started notifying qualified candidate of their admission. My question is how do one transfer money from naija to Norway?

Nawa ooo no mail yet o.....make this guys no gimme HBP. Emmmm about transfer, contact GTB. Secondly contact the school also via email and ask them neccesary questions. Gods Grace bro
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 6:02am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 6:20am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 6:47am On Apr 01, 2016
manover:
Anybody going to UiT The Arctic University of Norway? my brother has been accepted/offered admission "Technology and Safety in the High North - Master"
They just sent me email, and i have already accepted the offered. Please whats the next step? Just confused dont know where to start from here. Please guys i will appreciate your help to direct me on the step to apply for my visa
I applied for the same program and received a similar mail. I've downloaded my admission letter as well. Guess your brother and I just became prospective classmates. We should keep in touch.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 6:57am On Apr 01, 2016
nethio:
Hello all, those that got admission and are interested in learning Norwegian before travelling should reply this post. Remember in Norway u will struggle to get on with everyday life without speaking/reading Norwegian. Yes they speak English but they are proud people and most often aside class won't speak English to you. So u guys can reply and I'd find ways to share some of my books with you. Book by Olaf Husby Associate professor Norwegian as a second language Norwegian University of Science and Technology Trondheim ,Norway

Thanks for the information. Please I'm interested.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olajidegeo(m): 7:42am On Apr 01, 2016
Kulex:
I applied for the same program and received a similar mail. I've downloaded my admission letter as well. Guess your brother and I just became prospective classmates. We should keep in touch.
\

Really good news. Congratulations. To the rest of us still awaiting their mail, Lets remain hopeful.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2016
Congrats my people . Am glad we have good news coming here

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2016
rinzylee:
Congrats my people . Am glad we have good news coming here

Thank you @olajidegeo and Rinzylee. Hope you guys emerge successful too.

Where is @Manover? Need to contact his brother that was also admitted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
Amen boss@ kulex.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by manover: 12:07am On Apr 02, 2016
Hi Kulex, my brother ain't gonna make it to Norway due to financial problem. Wish you best of luck.
Kulex pst=44307979:

Thank you @olajidegeo and Rinzylee. Hope you guys emerge successful too.

Where is @Manover? Need to contact his brother that was also admitted.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 5:11am On Apr 02, 2016
manover:
Hi Kulex, my brother ain't gonna make it to Norway due to financial problem. Wish you best of luck.

Sorry about that Manover. God knows the best.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sobastical: 12:15am On Apr 03, 2016
EMriss:
i dont undasstand "try schools" if u mean try schooling den brother like seriously i dont think i can afford dat for now..but any help towards dat will b higly appreciated. thanks

it is well
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 2:16am On Apr 03, 2016
Hello, thanks everyone for the great help you are offering here. I have been reading a lot though this forum and it helped me very much. anyways, i was also accepted to MSc degree in UIT for technology and safety in the high north that's in Tromso, and i was also accepted in simulation and visualization Msc degree in NTNU Alesund. I am very confused on what to choose as i like UIT course better as it's more related to mechanical engineering, but the city cold and NTNU ranks better. So guys any ideas? i have the following questions in mind.

1- which city has more chances of getting part time work/ post graduation work? Alesund or Tromso?
2- is graduating from NTNU increases my chances of getting work/PHD more than if i graduated UIT?
3- which city costs more/less to live in?
4- what happens if i accepted the studying place in both universities then i just show up and complete the process in only one college? does that cause any problem at the embassy?
5- is the weather bearable in tromso? is the weather enough reason not to go there?
6- when getting a single room through the college for let's say 4k Kr, do i get to share that with someone and just split the money? would that be legal as the cost is very high.

thanks again guys. i will appreciate your response
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 7:20am On Apr 03, 2016
spiritassassin:
Hello, thanks everyone for the great help you are offering here. I have been reading a lot though this forum and it helped me very much. anyways, i was also accepted to MSc degree in UIT for technology and safety in the high north that's in Tromso, and i was also accepted in simulation and visualization Msc degree in NTNU Alesund. I am very confused on what to choose as i like UIT course better as it's more related to mechanical engineering, but the city cold and NTNU ranks better. So guys any ideas? i have the following questions in mind.

1- which city has more chances of getting part time work/ post graduation work? Alesund or Tromso?
2- is graduating from NTNU increases my chances of getting work/PHD more than if i graduated UIT?
3- which city costs more/less to live in?
4- what happens if i accepted the studying place in both universities then i just show up and complete the process in only one college? does that cause any problem at the embassy?
5- is the weather bearable in tromso? is the weather enough reason not to go there?
6- when getting a single room through the college for let's say 4k Kr, do i get to share that with someone and just split the money? would that be legal as the cost is very high.

thanks again guys. i will appreciate your response

Hello spiritassassin, I have been doing some research since I got my admission letter and the fact remains that the cities of Norway have narrow temperature differences . And as for getting a job or proceeding for phd, a masters degree from tromso presents a wide range of opportunities. We need to talk . Are you on bbm?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olajidegeo(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Somebody should tell UiT to send my admission letter ooo. Na evri hour i dey check my mail. Even in dream, i still dey check mail. Happy Sunday to y'all..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2016
olajidegeo:
Somebody should tell UiT to send my admission letter ooo. Na evri hour i dey check my mail. Even in dream, i still dey check mail. Happy Sunday to y'all..

Seriously bro, I really wish they do. Can't wait to be in this with some very serious people who we can work this process together.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
I am still waiting equally like you ola.
@spirit(lifegiver) I change your name in JESUS mighty name. You will give life and not kill. Lol.
Well NTNU is the best university in Norway and especially for engineering jobs, a lot of oil companies always go for their products. However you can be sure that the least ranked university in a developed country is better than the best in Nigeria. Decide prayerfully. I hope to be in Tromso or BERGEN by August . Somebody join me to believe!

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Heads up my people is really not easy in Norway as most you guys think it is. Would advice most y'all to go to English speaking country Norway is one crazy country for the black folks lol
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kenb9: 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
Happy new month brothers and sisters.
this is the mail my friend received from University of stravanger read below:

Dear Applicant, We have noticed that there are some missing documents in your application package: Diploma from Federal University of Technology, Minna You have only delivered “the transcript of records” and “Statement of Final Degree, Examination Result”. Will you be able to provide the above mentioned document ASAP?
he did a 5year course in the university. Bsc. NOT diploma program.
Please what do they mean by diploma ?
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
kenb9:

Dear Applicant,
We have noticed that there are some
missing documents in your
application package:
Diploma from Federal University of
Technology, Minna
You have only delivered “the transcript of
records” and “Statement of
Final Degree, Examination Result”.
Will you be able to provide the above
mentioned document ASAP?

he did a 5year course in the university. Bsc.
NOT diploma program.

thanks in anticipation.

Scratching my head.....I think you should do a personal mail to the admissions officer both explaining yourself and asking for a clarification from them. Meanwhile oblige to being ready to produce whatever it is like they just asked. Let's hope they call Uni degree a diploma. Gods Grace
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
kenb9:

Dear Applicant,
We have noticed that there are some
missing documents in your
application package:
Diploma from Federal University of
Technology, Minna
You have only delivered “the transcript of
records” and “Statement of
Final Degree, Examination Result”.
Will you be able to provide the above
mentioned document ASAP?

he did a 5year course in the university. Bsc.
NOT diploma program.

thanks in anticipation.
What they are asking for is the DEGREE CERTIFICATE . Your friend only sent the transcript and statement/notification of result

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nitta08(f): 9:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
olajidegeo:

I think the admission notification differs according to the department.
Don't you think sending them an email would help?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 10:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
Nitta08:

They clearly warned Me not to mail them or call or text.... Look at this

Dear Applicant, Thank you for your interest in UiT The Arctic University of Norway. We have started the evaluation process of your application(s). You shall receive the final decision of admission of your application (s) during April 2016 or early May 2016.
However, the Application Web (Søknadsweb) will be open ONLY for Master in Contemporary Art until March 1st, 2016 for new applications.

Please show understanding and do not attempt to call or send us email during the evaluation process for inquiry concerning the final decision of your application. Due to the increased number of applications this year, we unfortunately cannot entertain the request/inquiry of each applicant.

Best regards
UiT The Arctic University of Norway
Department of Academic Affairs
International Office
9037 Tromsø
Norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 05, 2016
Nej fam they will contact you when ur case is done.
Lycka till.
Nitta08:

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kulex:

Hello spiritassassin, I have been doing some research since I got my admission letter and the fact remains that the cities of Norway have narrow temperature differences . And as for getting a job or proceeding for phd, a masters degree from tromso presents a wide range of opportunities. We need to talk . Are you on bbm?

nope not on bbm, maybe we can talk on skype or so?, my user name is luxzys. btw, do you know of anyone who got a job after finishing the masters degree in norway? as i keep reading that it's very hard to get a job after graduating and everyone ends up going back home after graduation. this would suck big time for me as i already have a good job here at home. dont want to spend loads of money in norway to get a degree that wont be very useful here when i come back.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
To chip in I would advice you to work in Nigeria as you are now but I have seen lots of Indian student that got a job after their programs but I would advice anyone of you to go for Sweden.the swedes are more liberal than the Norwegians..tack
spiritassassin:

nope not on bbm, maybe we can talk on skype or so?, my user name is luxzys. btw, do you know of anyone who got a job after finishing the masters degree in norway? as i keep reading that it's very hard to get a job after graduating and everyone ends up going back home after graduation. this would suck big time for me as i already have a good job here at home. dont want to spend loads of money in norway to get a degree that wont be very useful here when i come back.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
ikswiss:
To chip in I would advice you to work in Nigeria as you are now but I have seen lots of Indian student that got a job after their programs but I would advice anyone of you to go for Sweden.the swedes are more liberal than the Norwegians..tack
Sweden has tuition fee(average of SEK100,000 depending on your program). Before being granted a Swedish study permit, you must pay atleast 50pc of tuition fees. Norway does not charge tuition fee.

It is really funny how people choose a country to study without checking the immigration policy of that country. A Norwegian student permit does not form a basis for permanent residence in Norway or long term stay in Norway. In other words students are not granted post study work permit and you are expected to return to ur homeland after your study. Student residence permit is valid only for the duration of ur study.

I rare situation where your area of specialization is highly needed, you will be asked to return back to ur homeland to apply for work permit from ur homeland.
Also, if you marry a local in Norway, you will also be ask to return to ur country to file for spousal visa except in critical circumstances where your wife is heavily pregnant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.