Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552580 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
lobito007:

congrats bro. what's your GPA like?
Thanks bro. 4.18/5.00.
@lobitoo7, I recall informing you about Mech Eng related courses available in less competitive Telemark, now USN. Did you apply?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
Please anyone in the house who is currently hustling for their visa documents for UiT Arctic University of Norway, Tromso should holla back; especially my prospective classmates in Technology and Safety. Let's share ideas on the way forward.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ireloju(m): 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hi guys. For those who just got admission, congrats. I just want to ask. Were you guys able to successfully apply for forex from CBN? If so, how did you do it?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
ireloju:
Hi guys. For those who just got admission, congrats. I just want to ask. Were you guys able to successfully apply for forex from CBN? If so, how did you do it?
Go to your bank through which you want to transfer your money to Norway. Tell them you want Form A to pay your fees for masters program. You'll need to have a current account and some documents they'll request from you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ireloju(m): 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Thanks but I'm getting stories of delay and denial. Any success stories with CBN forex here?
olujastro:

Go to your bank through which you want to transfer your money to Norway. Tell them you want Form A to pay your fees for masters program. You'll need to have a current account and some documents they'll request from you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
ireloju:
Thanks but I'm getting stories of delay and denial. Any success stories with CBN forex here?
Well I called my bank account officer yesterday and she said I can go to the nearest branch to request for it. I'll be doing that next week. I think forex availability has improved a little unlike before.
Meanwhile, anyone else going to UiS? I'm applying for shared accommodation and they request I put the name of who I want to share with, or Nobody. Mk I no go end up with a roommate with headaches.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oakslid: 12:38am On Apr 16, 2016
Congrats to the successful NTNU applicants. Feel free to contact incase of any question

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 6:41am On Apr 16, 2016
Kulex:
Please anyone in the house who is currently hustling for their visa documents for UiT Arctic University of Norway, Tromso should holla back; especially my prospective classmates in Technology and Safety. Let's share ideas on the way forward.

I got admitted to UIT same course. i will transfer the money this week hopefully, but after reading the embassy requirements, i found they need evidence for the place where i live before i apply for the visa, i think this will take time so i will just ask the university to send me a letter stating that they will help me find accommodation. dunno really about that. what housing did you apply for? and how will you proceed with this step?

The housing i applied for is really expensive, single rooms ranging from 2,900 to 3,500 per month. any way around paying that much? i don't really care much where i stay as long as there's a space for the bed. specially that they will need an evidence for self financing when i renew the visa.

Do you plan to learn the language? i believe there will be a language course at tromso which you can register for starting from may. hows your norwegian? started to learn any? have you read about the courses we are taking? do you think it's a good idea to start studying before arriving just to get a head start?

Do you plan on staying in Norway after graduating or will just go back home? got phd plans maybe? and what about the part time jobs? heared anything about the chances of getting part time job while studying?

how much budget are you planning per month? think it's possible to live on 5,000 per month including the rent?

want to take in personal?add me on skype! my name is luxzys
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 6:43am On Apr 16, 2016
oakslid:
Congrats to the successful NTNU applicants.
Feel free to contact incase of any question

I got admitted to NTNU in alesund for simulation and visualization. dont think i will go there cuz the course doesnt seem fit to a mechanical engineer. and i feel like alesund campus i somehow worse than trondheim?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oakslid: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2016
spiritassassin:

I got admitted to NTNU in alesund for simulation and visualization. dont think i will go there cuz the course doesnt seem fit to a mechanical engineer. and i feel like alesund campus i somehow worse than trondheim?

Alesund is a actually cool campus and the city is arguably the most beautiful in Norway. It just got merged with NTNU this Spring. I once applied to Aalesund university college for Nanotechnology.

That aside, you should make your decision based on Interest (course). Simulation and Visualization is actually a tricky course. You'll definitely need some programming experience to take the course.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mhmdrdwn: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hi guys, actually i am from egypt. I am looking for help. i got email from UiS telling me that i am in the waiting list cry in petroleum geosciences Master degree program and my admission status will depends on available places. I don't know if this program is very competitive. my grade is 79% which equal 4+ on CGPA. Did anyone got admission in this program? What can i do in this case?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by niyogeol(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mhmdrdwn:
Hi guys, actionally i am from egypt. I am looking for help. i got email from UiS telling me that i am in the waiting list cry in petroleum geosciences Master degree program and my admission status will depends on available places. I don't know if this program is very competitive. my grade is 79% which equal 4+ on CGPA. Did anyone got admission in this program? What can i do in this case?
Which school did you graduate from in Egypt? Do you have industry experience? I'm wondering why you were placed on waiting list with your CGPA.

Looking forward to your reply.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mhmdrdwn:
Hi guys, actionally i am from egypt. I am looking for help. i got email from UiS telling me that i am in the waiting list cry in petroleum geosciences Master degree program and my admission status will depends on available places. I don't know if this program is very competitive. my grade is 79% which equal 4+ on CGPA. Did anyone got admission in this program? What can i do in this case?
In my own opinion, it's either they've shortlisted more qualified candidates already and are waiting to see if any student(s) will reject the admission so they can put you in Or they're yet to conclude admission processes for Petroleum Geoscience.
That's why I think it's good for students to reject any admission they don't intend to honour early enough to create room for others. Having said that, I should do that for my USN admission right away.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 12:02am On Apr 17, 2016
Mhmdrdwn:

i got rejected for my 2 choices for UIS as well. i am also from egypt graduate from cairo university with low gpa from BSc but finished first year of MSc degree with 3.7 gpa and got 1 year of experience with power plants. got admitted to NTNU and to UIT. got rejected from too many universites in norway and finland as well.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mhmdrdwn: 12:53am On Apr 17, 2016
niyogeol:
Which school did you graduate from in Egypt? Do you have industry experience? I'm wondering why you were placed on waiting list with your CGPA.

Looking forward to your reply.

From Mansoura univ. And yes i have work experience in the oilfield. I don't know thier selection criteria and even don't know what is my rank in this process.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mhmdrdwn: 12:58am On Apr 17, 2016
olujastro:

In my own opinion, it's either they've shortlisted more qualified candidates already and are waiting to see if any student(s) will reject the admission so they can put you in Or they're yet to conclude admission processes for Petroleum Geoscience.
That's why I think it's good for students to reject any admission they don't intend to honour early enough to create room for others. Having said that, I should do that for my USN admission right away.

Yes UiS said the vacancies will be in july 1st. I wanted this opportunity badly but now i will go for other ones
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mhmdrdwn: 1:01am On Apr 17, 2016
spiritassassin:

i got rejected for my 2 choices for UIS as well. i am also from egypt graduate from cairo university with low gpa from BSc but finished first year of MSc degree with 3.7 gpa and got 1 year of experience with power plants. got admitted to NTNU and to UIT. got rejected from too many universites in norway and finland as well.

It's great news bro that you got admission. For me i'd prefer NTNU
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2016
Mhmdrdwn:

It's great news bro that you got admission. For me i'd prefer NTNU

I am going for UIT because NTNU course isn't suitable for me as a mechanical engineer (I got admitted for simulation and visualization course).
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mhmdrdwn: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
spiritassassin:

I am going for UIT because NTNU course isn't suitable for me as a mechanical engineer (I got admitted for simulation and visualization course).

Sure send to me email on my gmail mhmdrdwn88 , and i will send you my phone number
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by EngrBawin: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
Been passive here for a long tiime now and I feel like sharing my own side ....
Applied for just a single program (Mechatronics system design ) in LUT and gave it my all ... Just dis afternoon. Dis dropped
Thank you for applying to Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT).

We are happy to let you know that you have been accepted to the Master’s Programme in Mechatronic System Design – congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to LUT!

Your Admission Letter will be sent to you by regular mail on April 20, 2016.

Together with your Admission Letter you will receive all the necessary information on your arrival to Finland and Lappeenranta as well as on housing and starting your studies, including information on student tutoring and the Orientation Days.

Guys please don't give up on dreams ... Know wat u want and go for it....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
stewiepeter:
okay, I will be glad to.
list of documents I submitted to the embassy for visa application
1. cover letter (these is automatically generated when u pay for ur visa fees online)
2. receipt that u hv paid the application fees( these is not necessary if you paid online, as ur cover letter will hv ur receipt no)
3. admission letter ( print it from soknads, it should must hv or schools logo)
4. documentation that u have deposited money into the schools account (2.5mil)
5. documentation that u have a place to stay in Norway
6. signed check list u can get these from UDI website
7. submit ur original degree result and pay the result verification fee( I paid 50k cause I schooled in the north)
note: the application fee is 3200N which is like 85k depending on the bank exchange rate
Had to bring you back here as no one is talking about visa application here so far. I got admitted into UiS.
Firstly, I intend to submit my visa application through VFS Lagos and there's a chance I may be on duty(out of town) for a month about the time my documents will be ready for submission. Must I appear in person to submit my documents?
Secondly, what's the alternative to paying the 3200 NOK online? If I pay online, I feel I'll be charged by Mastercard in dollars and with this current market exchange rate at 325naira, no be small zapping of my money oh!. How can one get the cover letter and receipt number without paying online?
Thirdly, am I going to pay cash for the result verification fee and DHL fee at VFS office? If yes, how much for each of them? (I schooled in PH).
Fourthly, I applied for shared apartment at UiS. Do they pair students based on nationality?
cc StarFlux, Inyxz, Chunap
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lovetrust(m): 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
my bro just got admission from University of stravanger, norway, to study mathematics and physics.

Please anyone staying in Stavanger, plz enlighten me on life in Stavanger.

weather, cost of living, getting part time jobs, the people there etc

thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 6:29am On Apr 20, 2016
First and foremost I will like to congratulate all those who got admitted, those waiting for admission don't lose hope it will all be well at the end. Having said that, if I can remember paying the 3200nok application fee is done online only as it will be deposited in UDI account. I might be wrong your best chance is to send the embassy a message or the international office, they will be happy to help you out. I will advice those who got admitted to start thinking of getting their ticket earlier cause its more cheaper now, the difference is really outrageous if you wait. Once again congratulations guys see you in Norway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 6:32am On Apr 20, 2016
olujastro:

Had to bring you back here as no one is talking about visa application here so far. I got admitted into UiS.
Firstly, I intend to submit my visa application through VFS Lagos and there's a chance I may be on duty(out of town) for a month about the time my documents will be ready for submission. Must I appear in person to submit my documents?
Secondly, what's the alternative to paying the 3200 NOK online? If I pay online, I feel I'll be charged by Mastercard in dollars and with this current market exchange rate at 325naira, no be small zapping of my money oh!. How can one get the cover letter and receipt number without paying online?
Thirdly, am I going to pay cash for the result verification fee and DHL fee at VFS office? If yes, how much for each of them? (I schooled in PH).
Fourthly, I applied for shared apartment at UiS. Do they pair students based on nationality?
cc StarFlux, Inyxz, Chunap
The price of the result verification depends on where you schooled either North, South East or West. And you don't need to pay for DHL if you will come pick your visa yourself.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 7:05am On Apr 20, 2016
EngrBawin:
Been passive here for a long tiime now and I feel like sharing my own side ....
Applied for just a single program (Mechatronics system design ) in LUT and gave it my all ... Just dis afternoon. Dis dropped
Thank you for applying to Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT).

We are happy to let you know that you have been accepted to the Master’s Programme in Mechatronic System Design – congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to LUT!

Your Admission Letter will be sent to you by regular mail on April 20, 2016.

Together with your Admission Letter you will receive all the necessary information on your arrival to Finland and Lappeenranta as well as on housing and starting your studies, including information on student tutoring and the Orientation Days.

Guys please don't give up on dreams ... Know wat u want and go for it....

I got rejected from LUT but was accepted in OULU for environmental engineering program. Now i am confused between UIT and OULU. Finalnd looks much more cheaper and the city population is around 200,000 vs just 70,000 in Tromso, Norway. making me think i should go for Finland. What do you think? Also, how will you handle the medical insurance?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jkels(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
spiritassassin:

I got rejected from LUT but was accepted in OULU for environmental engineering program. Now i am confused between UIT and OULU. Finalnd looks much more cheaper and the city population is around 200,000 vs just 70,000 in Tromso, Norway. making me think i should go for Finland. What do you think? Also, how will you handle the medical insurance?
oulu bee also accepted. Lets hook up.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 5:26am On Apr 22, 2016
spiritassassin:

I got admitted to UIT same course. i will transfer the money this week hopefully, but after reading the embassy requirements, i found they need evidence for the place where i live before i apply for the visa, i think this will take time so i will just ask the university to send me a letter stating that they will help me find accommodation. dunno really about that. what housing did you apply for? and how will you proceed with this step?

The housing i applied for is really expensive, single rooms ranging from 2,900 to 3,500 per month. any way around paying that much? i don't really care much where i stay as long as there's a space for the bed. specially that they will need an evidence for self financing when i renew the visa.

Do you plan to learn the language? i believe there will be a language course at tromso which you can register for starting from may. hows your norwegian? started to learn any? have you read about the courses we are taking? do you think it's a good idea to start studying before arriving just to get a head start?

Do you plan on staying in Norway after graduating or will just go back home? got phd plans maybe? and what about the part time jobs? heared anything about the chances of getting part time job while studying?

how much budget are you planning per month? think it's possible to live on 5,000 per month including the rent?

want to take in personal?add me on skype! my name is luxzys

I have applied for the transfer of funds through my Ecobank savings account, using form A. Add me up on Facebook. I'm not on Skype. Here's my Facebook page link https://m.facebook.com/kulexlarry?fref=nf
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
jkels:

oulu bee also accepted. Lets hook up.

Do you think the course is a good choice for a mechanical engineer? it seems so chemistry engineerish. I like that finland is cheap though. language looks so hard as well.. will you got for WE or CP module? can we add eachothers on facebook?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by loco2(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
I got admitted to USN, can somebody help me on using Form A for the deposit transfer. FBN said I have to open current account with them before they can do the transfer for me. Is there any alternative as the deadline is far approaching.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jkels(m): 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
spiritassassin:

Do you think the course is a good choice for a mechanical engineer? it seems so chemistry engineerish. I like that finland is cheap though. language looks so hard as well.. will you got for WE or CP module? can we add eachothers on facebook?
WE is my module. What's your FB details so I can add you up. Whats your module?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
loco2:
I got admitted to USN, can somebody help me on using Form A for the deposit transfer. FBN said I have to open current account with them before they can do the transfer for me. Is there any alternative as the deadline is far approaching.
Well, it's compulsory you use a current account for such transactions. Go and open one, it's no big deal. Or u put d money into someone who has a current account already to do d transfer in ur name.
What course b the way?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.