Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551855 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
aodis:
Pls who knows any educational consultant that does add more admission process in Norway.

Again who has the information above.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
aodis:

Again who has the information above.

aodis you don't need a consultant. Search for schools on Google and apply directly.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
Please, I hv been trying to get information on the possibility of visiting other Schengen countries with your Norwegian study permit/visa, but I can't seem to get any direct answer on that.

Is it possible to visit Schengen Countries with your study permit without applying for a visit visa
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 3:19am On Aug 06, 2017
Lalaski001:
Please, I hv been trying to get information on the possibility of visiting other Schengen countries with your Norwegian study permit/visa, but I can't seem to get any direct answer on that.

Is it possible to visit Schengen Countries with your study permit without applying for a visit visa
Absolutely possible. Norway is a schengen country. So a Norwegian valid permit grants you access to other 25 schengen countries for 90 days

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
Bandeco:

Absolutely possible. Norway is a schengen country. So a Norwegian valid permit grants you access to other 25 schengen countries for 90 days

This will really be nice if true...

Thanks for your reply.

Would really appreciate another firsthand answer from anyone who has studied in Noway before or currently studying, that was able to travel to other Schengen countries with just his/her Norwegian study permit.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 7:28am On Aug 07, 2017
Lalaski001:

This will really be nice if true...

Thanks for your reply.

Would really appreciate another firsthand answer from anyone who has studied in Noway before or currently studying, that was able to travel to other Schengen countries with just his/her Norwegian study permit.
What else do you need? Your question has been answered unambiguously and in no uncertain terms.

Why not do a simple Google search if you still have doubts. You are just spamming the thread now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
Bandeco:

What else do you need? Your question has been answered unambiguously and in no uncertain terms.

Why not do a simple Google search if you still have doubts. You are just spamming the thread now.
Lol. Some people can be really funny you know.
I was thinking of unfollowing this thread if I come online and keep seeing silly questions. But I felt it's better to ignore and move on for the sake of those who might REALLY need help. So maybe you should try same approach.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
Bandeco:

I don't mean to spam, just wanted to get more response from more people or maybe a link, because i intend to make a decision based on the reply.

Thanks for ur reply, am grateful.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
olujastro:

I was thinking of unfollowing this thread if I come online and keep seeing silly questions. But I felt it's better to ignore and move on for the sake of those who might REALLY need help. So maybe you should try same approach.

Thanks for not unfollowing the thread...

But i really don't think my question is funny, i have read through this thread from page 1 till the last page, the question i asked was not asked or answered anywhere...

Yes, he gave me an answer, but I don't think its wrong to ask for more response from other people...

Decision will be made based on the info we are all getting here, so double checking shouldn't push anyone off.

Thanks for ur response, and plz don't ignore when you can assist and don't unfollow the thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
olujastro:

OK bro. It's just tiresome. I think I will heed to your advice.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lalaski001:

Thanks for not unfollowing the thread...

But i really don't think my question is funny, i have read through this thread from page 1 till the last page, the question i asked was not asked or answered anywhere...

Yes, he gave me an answer, but I don't think its wrong to ask for more response from other people...

Decision will be made based on the info we are all getting here, so double checking shouldn't push anyone off.

Thanks for ur response, and plz don't ignore when you can assist and don't unfollow the thread.
OK oh. Google should have easily helped you. I already knew that before coming.
I guess you wanted to hear first hand that people have travelled around schengen hitch free. Well that's the case. I've been to several countries within schengen. I'll be going to three countries in a few days time for my brief summer vacation. So there lies your answer.
It's even much easier to travel around schengen than to travel around Ecowas. Cos here you don't go to border control and you don't show passport. You just stroll in like it's a Lagos to Abuja flight.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2017
olujastro:

OK oh. Google should have easily helped you. I already knew that before coming.
I guess you wanted to hear first hand that people have travelled around schengen hitch free. Well that's the case. I've been to several countries within schengen. I'll be going to three countries in a few days time for my brief summer vacation. So there lies your answer.
It's even much easier to travel around schengen than to travel around Ecowas. Cos here you don't go to border control and you don't show passport. You just stroll in like it's a Lagos to Abuja flight.

Thanks bro, really appreciate...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Hey people! When i inquired from Tromso University about my chances of securing MSc admission with 2.0 GPA (and with over three years working experience) this reply followed "If it is out of a 5 scale, your CGPA is too low to be considered". Please can someone tell what this implies? I thought they work with a 6 scale and is there any formula I could use to check if my GPA is out of a 5 scale?

cc. Olujastro, Bandeco, Starflex & Co.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2017
okezie007:
Hey people! When i inquired from Tromso University about my chances of securing MSc admission with 2.0 GPA (and with over three years working experience) this reply followed "If it is out of a 5 scale, your CGPA is too low to be considered". Please can someone tell what this implies? I thought they work with a 6 scale and is there any formula I could use to check if my GPA is out of a 5 scale?

seriously?!!! this is so funny!! sorry, but this cracked me up. who can answer him please. I'm too sick with laughter to answer.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2017
My apologies if I was harsh on the last poster.

Majority of Nigerian universities use a 5.0 scale to calculate their CGP. Although I can now recall some schools use the american 4.0 system.

So which one did your school use. If its the former, forget about Norway. sorry bro.

find out from your school or former mates.

Thanks for cracking my ribs, never knew it was possible to laugh this hard.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
trilobite:

seriously?!!! this is so funny!! sorry, but this cracked me up. who can answer him please. I'm too sick with laughter to answer.

Lol! Its alright my comment cracked you up, though I wonder which part got you laughing hard. Kindly elaborate why I should forget about Norway (my school used the 5.0 scale). And I don't get "find out from your school or former mates"
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by primeson1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
Patiently waiting for application opening time... .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
okezie007:

Lol! Its alright my comment cracked you up, though I wonder which part got you laughing hard. Kindly elaborate why I should forget about Norway (my school used the 5.0 scale). And I don't get "find out from your school or former mates"

so you know the answer to your question?. interesting.

2.0/5.0 is too poor for Norway.

good luck. Ain't responding again to you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 1:27am On Aug 10, 2017
trilobite:

so you know the answer to your question?. interesting.

2.0/5.0 is too poor for Norway.

good luck. Ain't responding again to you.
"Ain't responding again to you" as if your responses had clarity. Save your luck joor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 5:22am On Aug 10, 2017
okezie007:

Your GPA is too too too poor to be considered in any Norwegian school. Don't waste time applying.

Even some folks with 2.1 sef never see admission
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 7:06am On Aug 10, 2017
Bandeco:

Your GPA is too too too poor to be considered in any Norwegian school. Don't waste time applying.

Even some folks with 2.1 sef never see admission

Elder Bandeco!!! You emphasize ooo. Am quite aware my GPA is low, my inquiry was based on my working experience. And it seems that factor wouldn't count
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2017
okezie007:

I got a reply from Tromso " it must be something explained in your transcript". What actually states a grade is out of a 5 scale
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
i need someone to sponsor me . I want to obtain MSc @ university of bergen in norway, but the issue now is that statement of account. that money is huge
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
okezie007:
Elder Bandeco!!! You emphasize ooo. Am quite aware my GPA is low, my inquiry was based on my working experience. And it seems that factor wouldn't count

Its me again, one love brother. lol.

don't know about work experience, I know of someone who got admitted with a second class lower grade though.

He tried his luck in less competitive courses and God answered his prayers. There are a lot of courses often ignored by applicants, that schools go all out trying to fill the space.

As long as you gave the cash, anything is possible.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
trilobite:

Its me again, one love brother. lol.

don't know about work experience, I know of someone who got admitted with a second class lower grade though.

He tried his luck in less competitive courses and God answered his prayers. There are a lot of courses often ignored by applicants, that schools go all out trying to fill the space.

As long as you gave the cash, anything is possible.
One love bro! I don't get your "as long as you gave the cash, anything is possible" comment
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
okezie007:
I got a reply from Tromso " it must be something explained in your transcript". What actually states a grade is out of a 5 scale
@trilobite Any comment on this reply from Tromso University?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 9:53am On Aug 11, 2017
okezie007:
@trilobite Any comment on this reply from Tromso University?

Meaning it must have been explained in your transcript. Your transcript should contain your CGP and an explanation of the scale used. in your case a 5.0 scale.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 9:54am On Aug 11, 2017
okezie007:
One love bro! I don't get your "as long as you gave the cash, anything is possible" comment

as long as you have the money to send your transcript to several Norwegian schools, anything is possible.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
trilobite:

Meaning it must have been explained in your transcript. Your transcript should contain your CGP and an explanation of the scale used. in your case a 5.0 scale.
OK. However, whats your interpretation of "if its out of a 5 scale, its too low to be considered"?smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
i need someone to sponsor me to norway. the money required is huge. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
okezie007:
OK. However, whats your interpretation of "if its out of a 5 scale, its too low to be considered"?smiley

it means, brother Okezie, your grades in school was really poor and not up to what they require for a masters candidate

2.something on a 5.0 scale is less than the required 2.1 (second class upper) for your course and probably school of interest

I huta go?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 4:41am On Aug 12, 2017
skarlett:

it means, brother Okezie, your grades in school was really poor and not up to what they require for a masters candidate

2.something on a 5.0 scale is less than the required 2.1 (second class upper) for your course and probably school of interest

I huta go?
Sister Skarlett thanks. Your second point clarifies my curiosity.

"I huta go?"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.