Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River (30913 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / FG Suspends 260km Super Highway Project Of Governor Ben Ayade Of Cross River / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by KwoiZabo(m): 5:38am On Sep 16, 2015
jmichlins:
Meanwhile some people still have enough time to wail and lament while your supposed oga dem dey beg make my presido to come break ground for them. Continue wailing please
Come on keep shut. The road is to be done by the state govt. Buhari will just go there to flag off. mumu

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by 1metre: 5:40am On Sep 16, 2015
Nigerian are wonderful kind of people...if u do good,they will castigate u,if u then do bad it become the worst...cant u guys appreciate good gesture?i tire for una o.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by jomoh: 5:56am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB

This is the problem you have when you just hate on someone for no justifiable reason. Where in the article did u read that PMB is the one constructing the road? Before you hate on someone go and read the article again and pay attention to the word groundbreaking.

Because of our hatred towards a fellow human being an innocent one for that matter, do not let us risk incurring the wrath of God.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DelGardo: 6:05am On Sep 16, 2015
Ekaka1:

"There isn't a lot wrong" ?
You definitely don't KNOW that road!! shocked

Really?
It might interest you to know that I have driven up and down that road over 3 times this year.

As much as it is all hilly and bendy with some bad sections I have seen worse roads in the south east.

Try the Itu-Odukpani , Ikot Ekpene-Umuahia or Ikot Ekpene - Aba road and tell me what you think.

Meanwhile don't get me wrong. It is a good idea but I believe a rail line will be cheaper and more strategic.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by hopilo: 6:24am On Sep 16, 2015
Bevista:
Is this a State or Federal government project?
State people drive on that road and state economy will be impact. I don't care who own d road
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by tayour917i(m): 6:53am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?
Very easy to know you are REALLY DULL.... Must failure be a continuous process ?
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2015
DelGardo:

I can relate with your reaction but where has the of building poor quality roads got us? With the Kaduna/Abuja rail line and the Lagos project our leaders should embrace greater possibilities, which will help us rise above primordial thinking... if we must catch up with the rest of the world.
This is exactly the problem the country has been facing. "Catching up with the rest of the world" development is in stages,one thing after the other. the impact of any project on socio -economic life of an average individual should come first. What is the capacity of power generation and transmission in the country. Salary structure and payment is nothing to write home about. Industrialisation and mass unemployment are some of the factors to be considered. These will then make me ask who will ride ob this train? what will be the favtors on which the ticket cost for a kilometre travel based on? we will be looking to do thesame thing done some where else where all this things have long been tackled.
I hope the government can look beyond personal gains and give nigeria the best it deserve interms of everything. Both the political office holders and the common man will enjoy all these things and smiles will be on every faces as a win-win situation in the end.
I pray for a better nigeria
May God Almighty help those in power to make the best decision.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by xamuelotu(m): 7:02am On Sep 16, 2015
Iamsolslim:

local govt project
it a federal gov't road so it a federal gov't project
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by 4stylz: 7:03am On Sep 16, 2015
hansad:

Resource Control is a dream NEVER gonna come true under one Nigeria.

But resource control is guaranteed under Biafra.

Then carry your gun and fight, what re u waiting for?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by 4stylz: 7:06am On Sep 16, 2015
Normality:

You see the answer she gave you?

Lol, this Edo guy!

An average Cross river or Akwa Ibom guy is as Biafra as they can be. They were given the same £20, you were not given so, they died from Nigeria bombing their markets and hospitals, you in Edo never experienced such.
Lastly my gf family from Uyo are hardcore Biafrans. cheesy
Her mom smiled and said "is that Biafran anthem" when my rang with our anthem playing. Her dad survived the war and told me many things even my own dad never experienced.
So, I can tell you from experience, and I schooled with lots of Akwa Ibom people, at least 30% of our level were from That axis, the ones I made cliques with are core mmong people, and those guys never said anything against Biafra till we all went apart.

Thank you.

Your head is not strong enough to relate with me, take a walk my son.. and keep dreaming
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Ebi89(f): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2015
Thank God the government want to repair Calabar - Benue road, we the ppl of Yala LG in cross river are ernestly praying for the govt to remember us too. From Yahe to Ukelle the road there is something else, we plead on the govt to help us
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DelGardo: 7:12am On Sep 16, 2015
afolag:

This is exactly the problem the country has been facing. "Catching up with the rest of the world" development is in stages,one thing after the other. the impact of any project on socio -economic life of an average individual should come first. What is the capacity of power generation and transmission in the country. Salary structure and payment is nothing to write home about. Industrialisation and mass unemployment are some of the factors to be considered. These will then make me ask who will ride ob this train? what will be the favtors on which the ticket cost for a kilometre travel based on? we will be looking to do thesame thing done some where else where all this things have long been tackled.
I hope the government can look beyond personal gains and give nigeria the best it deserve interms of everything. Both the political office holders and the common man will enjoy all these things and smiles will be on every faces as a win-win situation in the end.
I pray for a better nigeria
May God Almighty help those in power to make the best decision.

How is building a rail road bad for development in "stages" please?

If you cannot see the link between a functioning and vibrant rail system to industrialization and economic development/empowerment then I am not on the same level as you.

You need to check the employment, fare per passenger mile, cargo and passenger volumes per trip, fuel usage per passenger mile, safety and similar statistics between road and rail systems before you throw jibes at people.

After that please look up the data on the number of accidents and fatalities on poorly maintained Nigerian roads in 2014. Then come back and thrash about
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by 4stylz: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2015
hansad:

It's ok to dream; You have the right to, use yourself as scapegoat so that biafra will come to light
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by 4stylz: 7:15am On Sep 16, 2015
hansad:

It's ok to dream; You have the right to, use yourself as scapegoat so that biafra will come to light, I don't know why igbos are the only people who wants to die for this biafra thing

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by ocelot2006(m): 7:21am On Sep 16, 2015
Uyo-Itu-Odukpani-Calabar road shouldve been made a priority.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2015
DelGardo:

How is building a rail road bad for development in "stages" please?

If you cannot see the link between a functioning and vibrant rail system to industrialization and economic development/empowerment then I am not on the same level as you.

You need to check the employment, fare per passenger mile, cargo and passenger volumes per trip, fuel usage per passenger mile, safety and similar statistics between road and rail systems before you throw jibes at people.

After that please look up the data on the number of accidents and fatalities on poorly maintained Nigerian roads in 2014. Then come back and thrash about
You are taking this personal, we are making good sense here arguing over the problem of the country and the way forward so relax and make a good point.
Back to the matter, what gave you tge assurance that after the completion of this mega rail system the poor management and maintenance culture will not come to play.
The national stadium based in abuja is an obvious example coupled with the existing road network mentioned earlier by you. The root cause to this problems if not well tackled will going to cripple everything done by the government. Lest I forget TAM of the NNPC since when should this have been done. Are you going to say building a new refinery will make things work fine.
My fellow country man, working process is the problem facing the country all these good things exist in writing. Those who constructed these projects left the country with guidelines on how and when to maintain them but what is done?. If we fail to find a lasting solution to these problem building a new one will only last a few years then it will add up to the list of pending problem.
Thank you.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by FRANKOXY(m): 7:26am On Sep 16, 2015
God bless Ayade. we're waiting.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Idrismusty97(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2015
Cross river is set to becoming the new Lagos, I always know a state in the South-South will achieve that feat due to the proximity to the sea.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by simpleseyi: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?

This statement is wrong. The statement should have been "Rubbish, if Goatluck, Obasanjo and Yar'Adua could not fix 90km Uyo-Odukpani in 16 years, how will the people's General fix 240km of less economy road"?

Use your brain young fool, you have lost the election and you've got to wail for the next 8 years of the people's General's rule.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by anigbajumo(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2015
OlaSpeaker:

it's a pity that you don't understand the post despite it is written in pure English
NB: it is not FG that is building the road it is the Cross river state government

"it is not FG that is building the road it is the Cross river state government"

*Building the road"

Dis guy wana kill me wif English ooooo
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Edemingle: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2015
Use your head, it isn't Buhari that is fixing oooo, he's only performing ground breaking. The road is constructed by the state govt in partnership with investors.
Dejohnbull:
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by gobizzy101: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Dead man walking
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by xamuelotu(m): 7:59am On Sep 16, 2015
PapaBrowne:

This project is a state government project connecting Calabar to Obudu both of which are in Cross River state.

But in Buhari's interesting head, the project connects Calabar to Northern Nigeria......the probable reason why he happily accepted the invitation.
the state will bail the federal gov't after the road has been completed either way the federal gov't is till going to pay
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by xamuelotu(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2015
tommysparks:
Finally a Pdp governor is the first to invite buhari to flag off a capital project to construct a federal road which the state govt is funding completely. Sen. Benedict Ayade may God continue to bless the brain inside your head.
the state will bail the federal gov't to pay after being completed
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Hamisu4888(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
. Dejohnbull, you never knew your president very well yet.its time for you realize Buhari's capacity.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Skoopy(m): 8:23am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:

Who is the DULLARD here?

Your post cements the fact that For sure some people have a problem with reading and understanding.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Skoopy(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB

Bros, this is a state project, PMB is only a guest to handle the ground breaking. Thanks.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by iwatchandlisten(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2015
psucc:
Buhari again!!!!!
While 260km is earmarked, his reply carries 240km.

Anyway, Ayade should be able to write his signature on the sands of time after the famous UJ Esuene.

hmmmmm....You're very observant
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DelGardo: 8:35am On Sep 16, 2015
afolag:

You are taking this personal, we are making good sense here arguing over the problem of the country and the way forward so relax and make a good point.
Back to the matter, what gave you tge assurance that after the completion of this mega rail system the poor management and maintenance culture will not come to play.
The national stadium based in abuja is an obvious example coupled with the existing road network mentioned earlier by you. The root cause to this problems if not well tackled will going to cripple everything done by the government. Lest I forget TAM of the NNPC since when should this have been done. Are you going to say building a new refinery will make things work fine.
My fellow country man, working process is the problem facing the country all these good things exist in writing. Those who constructed these projects left the country with guidelines on how and when to maintain them but what is done?. If we fail to find a lasting solution to these problem building a new one will only last a few years then it will add up to the list of pending problem.
Thank you.

I apologise for the earlier dig.
You have made some valid points here about our poor working process. However if the same conditions will affect both rail and road I will still go for rail. The ones built by the British are still in place even after years of neglect.

But lots of roads built after the oil boom in the 80s are virtually un-serviceable. It means that dollar for dollar u get more longevity out of rail networks, all other things being the same.

Safety is also a big one for me. If it takes an average N500k to conduct funeral rights for the over 1000 people that are likely to lose their lives, for every 400km of road per year, we are talking of a social cost (in money terms) of N5billion per year. That's huge! So cost is not all about train vs bus fares.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Skoopy(m): 8:36am On Sep 16, 2015
basilo101:

nw i understand beta. Dat project will finish dia money, its wasteful. Dey shud use one lane. PH-Aba-enugu- oturkpo-markurdi -yola will remain d main route north to south on d eastern flank since connects all d big cities

You have a befitting point, but you also have to understand governor Ayade's vision too before making a submission.

There is no doubt that calabar is closer to the north than port harcourt, and of course a vibrant and effective sea port there will also be closer than the port harcourt ports. On completion of both projects, goods will be directly cleared in calabar and transported via the same route to the north.

His vision if accomplished would re -position the entire economic stand of the state.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by omenka(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2015
patrickmuf:
wow! you have ties with Cross River State? Never knew, the only problem is that our current Governor thrives on media publicity which in most cases is packed with lies
Leave dat man make him just dey do. He thinks governance is all about wearing a cap that displays the native colours of Tivs, Idomas, and Igedes all over the world. Dude is nothing but Akume's puppet. And it seems he's even oblivious of the anger welling up inside those who fought tooth and nails to put him where he is today- the masses. If he doesn't turn a new leaf soonest, the Suswam treatment awaits him in 2019. angry

Edit: I thought you were referring to my state governor.

I don't know much about what's happening in CR state. That's where my Mom's from.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 16, 2015
DelGardo:

I apologise for the earlier dig.
You have made some valid points here about our poor working process. However if the same conditions will affect both rail and road I will still go for rail. The ones built by the British are still in place even after years of neglect.

But lots of roads built after the oil boom in the 80s are virtually un-serviceable. It means that dollar for dollar u get more longevity out of rail networks, all other things being the same.

Safety is also a big one for me. If it takes an average N500k to conduct funeral rights for the over 1000 people that are likely to lose their lives, for every 400km of road per year, we are talking of a social cost (in money terms) of N5billion per year. That's huge! So cost is not all about train vs bus fares.
You welcome, to support your argument Return on investment is sure good enough when you conpare rail with road. VIO, road safety and even the customs will the need to be uptight for government to generate revenues.
This boils down to drivers licence biometric registration, fines and elimination of corruption in the area of vehicle inspection. This could take some time to materialise considering the situation in the country. Rail system on the other hand require just a littel effort in the area of ticketing and maintenance and an establishment of the use of ATM in payment will go along way in helping government control the revenue.
Meanwhile I will support my argument by saying if road were build to standard in the first place and contract comes with a long term maintenance which the government can hold such company responsible for failing to adhere to the terms and conditions provide therein. May be the nigerian road will not turn to death trap for motorists.
Thank you for your understanding its been really nice having this dialogue with you.
God bless nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From PDP Presidential Rally In Nasarawa State / N700million Fraud: Court Adjourns Ize-Iyamu, Four Others’ Case. / Obasanjo Shuns PDP, Jonathan Reconciliation Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.