Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River (30920 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / FG Suspends 260km Super Highway Project Of Governor Ben Ayade Of Cross River / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by milky3(f): 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
it is well
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
Misplaced priorities, I must say.

This would totally make no sense if the Odukpani-Uyo road is not fixed. As a matter of fact, it should be done before any other highway linking wherever to wherever.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by PapaBrowne(m): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
The letter read: “I write to inform you that President Muhammadu Buhari, has acceded to your request. Mr. President will perform the ground breaking of the 240km Super Highway dual carriage road from Calabar to Northern Nigeria[b][/b].”

When completed, the road will reduce travel time from Calabar to Obudu Ranch Resort from six to two hours.

This project is a state government project connecting Calabar to Obudu both of which are in Cross River state.

But in Buhari's interesting head, the project connects Calabar to Northern Nigeria......the probable reason why he happily accepted the invitation.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Iamsolslim(m): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
Bevista:
Is this a State or Federal government project?

local govt project

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by agabaI23(m): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
Abagworo:

Why not wish him well than wish him failure because others failed.
But it is not Buhari that is building, he is only flagging off.
he was invited to flag it off.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by ruffDiamond: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?
I swear yr kind of mumu na no get part 2 she na APC govt dey there for 16yrs abeg try use that thing u call head once in a while abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by sharpman1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?

Some peeps can't read!!

Lots of educated illiterates around here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by 4stylz: 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
My calabar brothers and sisters, are you in support for biafra or not because I am confused about what states re biafrans

Only Calabars... Igbos stay away.

Like for resource control and share for biafra

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by nijanigga: 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
when will the so-called super highway be completed?
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by basilo101: 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
D road will be useless. Dat route has no city along it b/w calabar to makurdi, jst empty bush.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by samuelson06(m): 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
Waoh!!! Good news.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by grandstar(m): 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sunnymatey:
I think this is another down of a new era as ones witness in CrossRiver frm 99 to 2007. Well done Sen. Ben Ayade.

That era left the state with massive debts.

One was because interests rates at one time was 40% and the protectionist Obasanjo refused to make Tinapa a free zone thereby bankrupting it.

Cross River is broke. Where will he get the money from

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by basilo101: 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
PapaBrowne:

This project is a state government project connecting Calabar to Obudu both of which are in Cross River state.

But in Buhari's interesting head, the project connects Calabar to Northern Nigeria......the probable reason why he happily accepted the invitation.
nw i understand beta. Dat project will finish dia money, its wasteful. Dey shud use one lane. PH-Aba-enugu- oturkpo-markurdi -yola will remain d main route north to south on d eastern flank since connects all d big cities
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by basilo101: 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
4stylz:
My calabar brothers and sisters, are you in support for biafra or not because I am confused about what states re biafrans

d man dat surrenderd to Nigerian govt in Owerri is frm wia? Dia will be no agitation in d first place if dia was resource control. Dia would hv bn no was if Aburi acord was respected
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by OlaSpeaker(m): 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB
it's a pity that you don't understand the post despite it is written in pure English
NB: it is not FG that is building the road it is the Cross river state government

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by badnature: 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
the president !will !!will that's how obasanjo did with tinapa, gragra so that biafrans will not unite
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:

Because u are used to PDP and their way of governance, to u it sounds strange.

Read the post again. The project is state owned initiative, PMB being there is just ceremonial

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by samuelson06(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
basilo101:
D road will be useless. Dat route has no city along it b/w calabar to makurdi, jst empty bush.

No sire. You are very wrong. Market women from Northern Cross River State would be very happy about that road when completed. One thing am sure is that it'll crash the price of garri in the rest of Cross River and even Akwa Ibom State because the major producers of garri are from there. Again, it's a short cut to Abuja. Instead of passing through Ebonyi and the rest of Igboland, we'll just be passing through Benue and Nasarawa and then enter Abuja. It'll also boost the tourism drive of the state. For Calabar - Uyo road, I can only say that the journey of a thousand mile begin with a bold step. We'll get there. Let's just support the government of President Buhari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Chibokgame: 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
mmmmm,
good to hear,
i am not complaining, but i have read people feeling high that a president was invited to perform a ground breaking ceremony on a state govt project,

Yet the federal might has not found any useful project to kick start for the states to follow.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Bigcake: 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB
This is purely a state government project. Buhari is simply appending a ceremonial ground breaking:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by MadCow1: 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:

You called the Calabar - OBudu road 'less economy road'.. grin

1 lacasera for you..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by aresa: 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:

Ignorant villager, was PMB PDP/or your president within that 16 years?

Are you not the real dullard here?

Incompetent and corrupt people like GEJ makes little things look hard and difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
good one...
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by babadem2much(m): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:

when ever the governors of the affected states are serious they will table their issues but don't expect pmb to know all the bad roads u mentioned because there were governors in those states n fail to live up to their responsibilities. the party doesn't matter but the governor's action on issues that matters most.

I wish to see a better n progressive Nigeria tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Reference(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Bevista:
Is this a State or Federal government project?

State initiated PPP.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pls start work oooh! E don tey wey calabar girl travel come visit me.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by oweman: 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
]Buhari again!!!!!
While 260km is earmarked, his reply carries
Anyway, Ayade should be able to write his signature on the sands of time after the famous UJ Esuene.

Foolish people boku here Shay .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by aresa: 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
What I'd love to see here is a superhighway from Lagos/SW to Obudu to create easy access for vacationers and weekend trippers and disposable income folks from Lagos and beyond to make good use of that wonderful facility and boost the economy in that region..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by edelweiss(f): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
4stylz:

A bird at hand is worth a million in the bush. My passport read ikom cross river state, NIGERIA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by hansad: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Wrong title. Buhari was consoling Mecca victims.A Buhari maniac chose to add a Cross River government proposed high way.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by 4stylz: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
edelweiss:
A bird at hand is worth a million in the bush. My passport read ikom cross river state, NIGERIA.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by babadem2much(m): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
nijanigga:
when will the so-called super highway be completed?

haba! belle never enter u the ask the day wey dem go born pikin. Na wah grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Soldiers Drown In In Bayelsa In Boat Mishap / President Buhari At Ghana's 61st Independence Celebration (Photos) / Oshiomohole Anoints Akume, Next Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.