Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River (30916 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / FG Suspends 260km Super Highway Project Of Governor Ben Ayade Of Cross River / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by patrickmuf(m): 11:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
omenka:
God!! I can't wait!! Finally, I'd be travelling home every other month to visit with my Grandma in Cross River.

God Bless Nigeria.
wow! you have ties with Cross River State? Never knew, the only problem is that our current Governor thrives on media publicity which in most cases is packed with lies

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by hammak1993(m): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?
the fact that the road wasn't fixed for 16 years of PDP, doesn't mean it wount be fixed in this new administration. Wake up, we are in a CHANGE era.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by babadem2much(m): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
For saying the truth u will never experience waist pain grin

ruffDiamond:
I swear yr kind of mumu na no get part 2 she na APC govt dey there for 16yrs abeg try use that thing u call head once in a while abeg
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by rudebouy: 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
DeKen:
Hmm. Cross River with Bakassi Deep Sea Port and Akwa Ibom with Ibaka Deep Sea Port. Hope this won't be a source for another strife.

China has 2,000 seaports out of which 130, as in one hundred and thirty of dem are used for international business.

If Nigeria cant have more seaports den we are not serious.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by tommysparks: 11:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
Finally a Pdp governor is the first to invite buhari to flag off a capital project to construct a federal road which the state govt is funding completely. Sen. Benedict Ayade may God continue to bless the brain inside your head.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by babadem2much(m): 11:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
sharpman1:

Some peeps can't read!!

Lots of educated illiterates around here.

Your school fees no waste at all so therefore
my prayer for u is you will never suffer waist pain angry grin
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DeKen: 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
rudebouy:

China has 2,000 seaports out of which 130, as in one hundred and thirty of dem are used for international business.

If Nigeria cant have more seaports den we are not serious.
Well my concern is not about having many sea ports, but the history of rivalry between Akwa Ibom and Cross River especially after Cross River had to return some oil wells to Akwa Ibom of which Cross Riverians are still having grudge against Akwa Ibom. There is also the notion that Cross Riverians are not pleased with the siting of an Airport in Akwa Ibom. That is where my concern lies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by rudebouy: 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
DeKen:

Well my concern is not about having many sea ports, but the history of rivalry between Akwa Ibom and Cross River especially after Cross River had to return some oil wells to Akwa Ibom of which Cross Riverians are still having grudge against Akwa Ibom. There is also the notion that Cross Riverians are not pleased with the siting of an Airport in Akwa Ibom. That is where my concern lies.

Make dem go baff on top transformer na. Stupid beef! Mtchew!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DeKen: 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
rudebouy:

Lol.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Ekaka1(m): 12:06am On Sep 16, 2015
DelGardo:
An electric powered rail road would have been a more strategic investment and might even cost less in such terrain, in the longer term.
There isn't a lot wrong with the existing road, if properly maintained a significant part of the objectives will still be achievable.

"There isn't a lot wrong" ?
You definitely don't KNOW that road!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Dejohnbull: 12:07am On Sep 16, 2015
udeagbalaC:
may thunderstorm strike your fingers
may petrol tanker destroy ur life with flame
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by hansad: 12:10am On Sep 16, 2015
4stylz:
My calabar brothers and sisters, are you in support for biafra or not because I am confused about what states re biafrans

Only Calabars... Igbos stay away.

Like for resource control and share for biafra

Resource Control is a dream NEVER gonna come true under one Nigeria.

But resource control is guaranteed under Biafra.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Dejohnbull: 12:20am On Sep 16, 2015
ruffDiamond:
I swear yr kind of mumu na no get part 2 she na APC govt dey there for 16yrs abeg try use that thing u call head once in a while abeg
I swear ur own locallity worst pass buhari, she na acn and anpp dey work lagos ibadan express b/4 abi?
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 16, 2015
aresa:
What I'd love to see here is a superhighway from Lagos/SW to Obudu to create easy access for vacationers and weekend trippers and disposable income folks from Lagos and beyond to make good use of that wonderful facility and boost the economy in that region..
The "coastal highway" proposal is similar to your thinking. It would connect Lagos with PH and Calabar.
The highway is estimated to cost, at least, N1tr.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Ekaka1(m): 12:22am On Sep 16, 2015
rudebouy:

Well, you have just been misinformed by your friend hence your harsh response.

The cross river people are looking to survive without oil. They are traditionally a tourist and a largely agrarian state. They're looking to open the place up to a traffic of relevant business that will benefit their people.
For instance, it takes 5-6 hours to travel by road to Ogoja and a lot more if it rains or you have a broken down truck block the road and a string of avoidable accident that have taken several lives including that of my family member. I see this road helping to open up the place when it's built and with the sea port in Place, the cross river economy will be well galvanized...got it?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by nationalistt: 12:24am On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=Bevista post=38045330]Is this a State or Federal government project? [/its actually a federal road but the construction is undertaken by the Cross River State govt]
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Dejohnbull: 12:25am On Sep 16, 2015
sharpman1:

Some peeps can't read!!

Lots of educated illiterates around here.
Some peeps can't make sence!! Only to type trash
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Ekaka1(m): 12:32am On Sep 16, 2015
basilo101:
D road will be useless. Dat route has no city along it b/w calabar to makurdi, jst empty bush.
If your assertion is true, then that is a perfect strategy for development and opportunity for modern urban city development and industrialization which will reduce the chaotic urban migration as we continue to witness back home in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by omuda: 12:32am On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=afroniger post=38037005]http://sunnewsonline.com/new/buhari-flags-off-highway-project-in-cross-river/

[/quote PMB & governor Ben Ayade, may your days be long
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by nationalistt: 12:45am On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=Dejohnbull post=38039443]Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?[/Maybe ur mouth rubbish....mumu. if 16 out of the 18 local govts of cross river state are directly connected by this road, can any other road be more important than it? This road also connects the state to northern Nigeria. So shut ur crap if u know not abt somthing. Abi u knw more than the governor n all d officials of d state govt? That road is d back bone of CRS n its construction is done by d state govt, but only honouring Buhari cos it's a federal road. Tnk u]
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Angama(m): 12:50am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?
Wailing Wailers Association keep it up
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by nationalistt: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=Dejohnbull post=38041205]Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB[/ Mr man would u pls stop spreading ur silly ignorance? U wan to teach d state govt where to invest its money? Na ur governor?]
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by obailala(m): 12:59am On Sep 16, 2015
Now it completely beats my imagination why these GEJ supporters are accusing/insulting PMB over a road about to be built by a PDP governor.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by nationalistt: 12:59am On Sep 16, 2015
Amen!!!
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by obailala(m): 1:01am On Sep 16, 2015
PapaBrowne:

This project is a state government project connecting Calabar to Obudu both of which are in Cross River state.

But in Buhari's interesting head, the project connects Calabar to Northern Nigeria......the probable reason why he happily accepted the invitation.
Na person papa dey reason like this? grin

PapaBrowne I suppose you didnt read where it says the road extends to Benue...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 16, 2015
4stylz:

Thank you

You see the answer she gave you?

Lol, this Edo guy!

An average Cross river or Akwa Ibom guy is as Biafra as they can be. They were given the same £20, you were not given so, they died from Nigeria bombing their markets and hospitals, you in Edo never experienced such.
Lastly my gf family from Uyo are hardcore Biafrans. cheesy
Her mom smiled and said "is that Biafran anthem" when my rang with our anthem playing. Her dad survived the war and told me many things even my own dad never experienced.
So, I can tell you from experience, and I schooled with lots of Akwa Ibom people, at least 30% of our level were from That axis, the ones I made cliques with are core mmong people, and those guys never said anything against Biafra till we all went apart.

Thank you.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by M4gunners: 3:29am On Sep 16, 2015
ND will continue to be great no matter what we are bless.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by cococandy(f): 4:36am On Sep 16, 2015
So finally one project is flagged off?
Thank God.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by LydayBobo(m): 4:38am On Sep 16, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB
smh...maybe you need to Google the economic advantage of these routes again Bro. People abandon roads if they are not user friendly. Calabar to Ikom alone have UGEP the largest community in Africa with industries and major farmers that exports farm products to mainly Cameroon or should I say smuggle? We stand to benefit and food prices will reduce in the market if good roads leads to them. Both ways. Biaseh and other plantation on the same routes has a minimum of 200 workforce for various companies. However one major IKOM business is cocoa but also 100 naira bananas 10 of us can't finish it and imagine if those people can bring it down to town or people can go and buy due to accessibility. Development by purchasing power. I can go on. Aba-Umuahia-IKot Ekpene-Uyo is okay my brother compared to Calabar to IKOM where you spend over 4hrs due to bad roads.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by dav73(m): 4:55am On Sep 16, 2015
Can PMB be at 2 places at the same time make it Clear to me cos he is in France! cryCan PMB be at 2 places at the same time make it Clear to me cos he is in France!
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Splashme: 5:10am On Sep 16, 2015
Abagworo:

This highway promised by FG is the highway I've been writing about that killed Tinapa and Obudu. You can drive on a smooth road from Uyo to Itu.

Buhari is not building the highway.
It's a Cross River govt project
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Splashme: 5:16am On Sep 16, 2015
Bevista:
Is this a State or Federal government project?

100% state project.
Ofcourse, Buhari is Nigeria's most ethno-religious bigot president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP / APC Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello / Militants Attack Eni Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.