Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard (44133 Views)

Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel / Pastor Tunde Bakare Visits Aso Villa (photos) / Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church, Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by duality(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has moved against Christian religious activities within the precincts of the Aso Rock presidential villa, a source familiar with the matter has disclosed to The Trent.

The Aso Rock Villa Chapel serves as the official church of Aso Rock where Christian activities inside the presidential villa are conducted.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to The Trent on Thursday, September 3, 2015 on condition of anonymity, heavily armed men stormed the Aso Rock Chapel on Sunday, August 30, 2015 denying worshippers access to the church.

“Normally, services begin by 7am at the church but when we got there, we met armed security men who said we cannot enter. They said they were acting on orders from above. We waited outside till a few minutes past 8am before they allowed us to enter,” the source disclosed.

A visibly embarrassed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who worships at the Villa Church, arrived the Chapel and could be seen managing to conceal a worried expression over the incident.

When our reporter contacted Presidential Spokesman Garba Shehu to confirm the development, he claimed he was not aware of the incident. “What you are telling me is news to me. I am not aware of this issue. There is a lot we are dealing with and I hope you are aware the church was handed over to Vice President Osinbajo. So please call Prince Laolu Akande, his spokesman to confirm this issue”, he said.

Further investigations by The Trent have revealed that Sunday’s move was the second in a series of brazen attempts to shut down Christian activities in the Villa.

Less than two months ago, the Children’s Church of the Villa Chapel where the wife of the Vice President, Mrs. Oludolapo Osinbajo worships with the children was closed down on orders from above. According to our source, “security concerns were given as reasons for the closure of the Children’s Church.”

Attempts by this newspaper to reach Vice-Presidential spokesman Laolu Akande failed as his phone lines were unreachable at the time of filing in this report.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/intolerance-president-buhari-orders-closure-of-aso-rock-villa-church-details/

boko haram president. We are waiting for the new naira notes.

they'll tell us corruption is their reason.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by bunsuq: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
There is an iota of truth in every rumour. We will wait and see. Anyway sha, I don't see church service disturbing PMB's sleep na, abi Aso Rock chapel dey hold night vigil?
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by chichriso: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
ok
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
Geesarki:
PMB has no time 4 such petty issues. It must b d evil work of pdp nd there sympathisers to present PMB as bigot. I'm sure notin of sort exist. Wailers let's Nigeria work atleast 4 ones since after independence.
What if it is true? The problem with people like you is that even when you see somebody you like doing bad you will still encourage him/her to do it. That chapel was there when Yar'a dua was there, we didn't hear complain.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by iambabaG: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
menix:
Abeg make him fall the church nd build mosque there, he is not the first Mohammed to do it.

The church wey dey there cucuma no dey stop corruption nd evil plaguing the nation..

Modified:

Oya buhari leave the church make some of my christian brodaz no kill me since sarcasm has been killed by the poor economy..
U can't blame dem.. Survival ain't easy these days

1 Like

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by menix(m): 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
Bambless1:
I wonder where this one dey the time God dey share SENSE!

Guy I jst park wiv ur papa dey look gals wey dey baff for Orji river..

Any other queshion
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by lonelydora: 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
freshness2020:

What happens to soundproofing?
..the sound of Holy ghost fire must be giving the Daura lord some sleepless nights ..

Even the church in my village is sound-proofed.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by just2endowed: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
But he could go to Church on the first day of the year to worship because he wanted Christians' votes, now that he had won the election, Church has become an abomination to him, he is really a scammer, he better relocates his villa not the Church

hnnn u have a point there
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by ArodewilliamsT: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
ozy4christ:
hmmm, don't be surprise dat it's not in president s mind to do dat but some busy bodies dat like poke nosing

You are an ApC brainwashed christian monkey. This news was on a blog last week when VP osunbade's and family were disallowed from using the villa church.

Did you also notice that Vanguard said 'mosque and church' but ONLY CHURCH is mentioned for demolition/ relocation. Use your brain. You are in a caliphate now

1 Like

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by mcprince32(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
When a man starts developing dislike for his neighbourhood with God, guess what next?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Bambless1(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
menix:

Guy I jst park wiv ur papa dey look gals wey dey baff for Orji river..
Any other queshion
#Ewu
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
vanguard is the most compromised and controversial newspaper after SR and NAIJ may thunderstorm strike those reporters
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
hmmm... the mosque must also go.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
why do people with black skin reason like Nkakwu... This is no news, simply make the church sound proof.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by menix(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Bambless1:
#Ewu

Aquarium Anuofia..
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by nationwide1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
ddippset:
Let's stop being hypocrites abeg. Iam a Christian too. If the chapel is actually too close to his bedroom and he's not comfortable with it, he is free to relocate it asap.
Relocate it to where?

Yar’Adua was a president for 2 years and never complained about the noise from the Chapel. Buhari is a president for 3 months and is considering relocating a church and you don't see anything wrong in it. Go read the history of Turkey.

Did you care to consider whether the noise from Aso Rock Mosque doesn't disturb him? Whenever emotion is allowed to take over the brain, common sense runs far from that brain.

The next thing now, some of you will say it's a lie because Baba cannot sin. I know for sure that many naive and emotional supporters of Buhari will she'd tears some day if they continue supporting wickedness.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Bambless1(m): 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
menix:

Aquarium Anuofia..
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by thundafire: 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
instead of dy mumu daura to knw say na Jesus go judge mohammed him nd his cow brains dy form junky nd dier blind followers on naira land no leave dat church cs if christian climb dat seat him go scatter dy whole mosque block in villa
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by ArodewilliamsT: 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
fulanimafia:

Sound proof speakers?

You claim to be a 'fulani christian', What do you say about your Daura nationalist, entertaining the idea of demolition of Villa church in the guise of relocation.

..and please do not claim the piece is a product of wailers or whatever you guys call them. We have read about this issue countless times. The 'artifacts' of truth can be seen in this 'rumour'. It's an interesting issue that the APC is trying to downplay. I will to see how it goes, we have our eyes on that church. cheesy
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Samunique(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
ddippset:
Let's stop being hypocrites abeg. Iam a Christian too. If the chapel is actually too close to his bedroom and he's not comfortable with it, he is free to relocate it asap.
Hello Mr righteous, is Mr Buhari the first President or Muslim President to live in the villa?

Pls think b4 u type or better keep quietundecided
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by ArodewilliamsT: 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
duality:
President Muhammadu Buhari has moved against Christian religious activities within the precincts of the Aso Rock presidential villa, a source familiar with the matter has disclosed to The Trent.

The Aso Rock Villa Chapel serves as the official church of Aso Rock where Christian activities inside the presidential villa are conducted.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to The Trent on Thursday, September 3, 2015 on condition of anonymity, heavily armed men stormed the Aso Rock Chapel on Sunday, August 30, 2015 denying worshippers access to the church.

“Normally, services begin by 7am at the church but when we got there, we met armed security men who said we cannot enter. They said they were acting on orders from above. We waited outside till a few minutes past 8am before they allowed us to enter,” the source disclosed.

A visibly embarrassed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who worships at the Villa Church, arrived the Chapel and could be seen managing to conceal a worried expression over the incident.

When our reporter contacted Presidential Spokesman Garba Shehu to confirm the development, he claimed he was not aware of the incident. “What you are telling me is news to me. I am not aware of this issue. There is a lot we are dealing with and I hope you are aware the church was handed over to Vice President Osinbajo. So please call Prince Laolu Akande, his spokesman to confirm this issue”, he said.

Further investigations by The Trent have revealed that Sunday’s move was the second in a series of brazen attempts to shut down Christian activities in the Villa.

Less than two months ago, the Children’s Church of the Villa Chapel where the wife of the Vice President, Mrs. Oludolapo Osinbajo worships with the children was closed down on orders from above. According to our source, “security concerns were given as reasons for the closure of the Children’s Church.”

Attempts by this newspaper to reach Vice-Presidential spokesman Laolu Akande failed as his phone lines were unreachable at the time of filing in this report.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/intolerance-president-buhari-orders-closure-of-aso-rock-villa-church-details/

boko haram president. We are waiting for the new naira notes.

they'll tell us corruption is their reason.

Thank you when the trent an online paper first reported it paid apc zombies like egift, omenka, fulanimafia and other hungry clowns came here to dismiss it as mischief making. Vanguard have confimed it, yet they expect everyone else to donate their brains to Daura cows like they have done. I laugh. We are watching that Church.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by dewstar: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
ozy4christ:
hmmm, don't be surprise dat it's not in president s mind to do dat but some busy bodies dat like poke nosing

And this is the excuse that you will believe when he finally moves it. They are playing with your mind folk.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by fulanimafia: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Thank you when the trent an online paper first reported it paid apc zombies like egift, omenka, fulanimafia and other hungry clowns came here to dismiss it as mischief making. Vanguard have confimed it, yet they expect everyone else to donate their brains to Daura cows like they have done. I laugh. We are watching that Church.

That is utter rubbish.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by dom(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
hmmmm. it's close sha. I remember being invited two years ago to perform there with my group. was busy outside chatting loudly with friends before the service, didn't know GEJ had stepped out to help arrange chairs outside for the excess crowd. PMB shd free the chapel jor. not like it'll be as busy as it was when Big Jo was pres.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by SmartMugu: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lies. I don't believe none of this story. Why would any president or past president want a chapel next to his resting place? Do the chapels even open 24 hours? Someone cooked this up cos they want Buhari to look like he has a problem with Christianity. OBJ never had a problem with Islam either.
OBJ wasn't that dumb to think that way, neither is Buhari.

Even if that the case, security is paramount to any country's leaders. Why risk their lives in the name of some chapel?

Crappppp.
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by OlaSpeaker(m): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nigerians with their religious bigotry.
First let say the news is true which with all sensibility it is not what is the big deal if the church is relocated
secondly must there be a church and mosque in the Villa?
Thirdly must the church be close to the President lodge? out of vast land in the villa is why will any president built a mosque or church near the lodges in the villa not to say the president lodge given that Nigeria is not a one religious state
Fourthly what if an obatala worshiper becomes Nigeria's President will the chapel still hold it ground? and what if he decided to build a shrine in the villa
to be sincere many Nigerians are hypocrites and a bigot we claim to be religious yet injustice rule our land we claim to be holy yet corruption and impunity as become an institution in our country, yet claiming religious, so sensitive about it if i may ask is this God's commandment? if rapture were to take place today how many of us shouting and claiming to be religious will make heaven? why are we dividing ourselves on irrelevant things the headline reads the President is under pressure but the question remain who is pressurizing the President? #amtoobigtobefooled
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Ensquare(m): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
But theres a mosque right at the wondow of my room. I dnt complain n i dnt seek for relocation cus i will leave in 4yrs of latest 8yrs if i win the second term
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by oweman: 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
freshness2020:

What happens to soundproofing?
..the sound of Holy ghost fire must be giving the Daura lord some sleepless nights ..

its that place still a church where human worship God or stolen money sharing centre some places called churches in Nigeria are not worth their names .

1 Like

Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by arabianights: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
vedaxcool:
Van Guard of Lies, Under pressure from who? Is Buhari pressuring himself on the matter? Why are these people seeking to create strife and discord?

Security advisers which include his adc, i guess. They are right either way.The fact that the president might eventually relocate it ( i hope he does) wont mean he is an extremist.

They should have done that when aso rock was been renovated.Why now?
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by porka: 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
[size=13pt]Where would Buhari's Igbo Christian son-in-law worship again? [/size]
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
I dunno why stupld ones must flock around the President. Does the shithead live in the same room with Mr President?
Re: Presidency Under Pressure To Relocate Villa Church - Vanguard by ruffDiamond: 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
grin na lie PDP propaganda by factory fitted wailer s angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zambia Deports Pastor Augustine Oso Ebosele Of Omega Fire Ministries / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.