Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East (11481 Views)

Faculties Of Law And Humanities Of ABSU To Be Relocated To Umuahia Immediately / Why We Shut Oshodi Electronics Market – LASG / Terrorist-prisoners To Be Relocated From Anambra – Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 6:07am On Sep 16, 2015
As a fall out of the recent mayhem which took place in the multi-billion Naira Alaba international market by street urchins who tried to extort money from business men and traders in the popular Electronic market.

Is there any need for foresighted business men to open a new multi billion naira electronics, phone computer mall in the safe havens of Eastern nigeria which would be run as a branch of the Alaba international and computer village until gradually full business activities pick up their and gradually Alaba and Computer village is wound up.

Should igbos take this far reaching preemptive move to safeguard their business from the preying eyes of envious people considering the fact that the real market is in the south south, Abuja where the per capita income is highest in West Africa

Please no emotion driven insults and fear instigated comments.

Your candid opinion and analysis is needed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by chinedujazzy(m): 6:22am On Sep 16, 2015
Nice proposal,Its time to stop the centralisation of core business opportunity in just a particular part of the country,this will help to reduce the increase in. population noticed in Lagos and some other areas of the country which have some vital commodities...Let's make Nigeria a safe haven!

3 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Sunexy(m): 6:27am On Sep 16, 2015
Good idea
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2015
What's the name of that their king sef...

He won't see this one o, is lagoon and Ambode he knows. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 6:31am On Sep 16, 2015
chinedujazzy:
Nice proposal,Its time to stop the centralisation of core business opportunity in just a particular part of the country,this will help to reduce the increase in. population noticed in Lagos and some other areas of the country which have some vital commodities...Let's make Nigeria a safe haven!

Nice point you have here.
In addition to what you said about depopulation and decongestion I think it would help also to free up resources tied down in bogus shop rents, house rents ,warehousing and transportation as people in Abuja, Niger delta will not spend so much on transport to come to a city like Enugu, Onitsha or owerri to shop for their goods.

7 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Flets: 6:34am On Sep 16, 2015
What Nigeria needs is true federalism where every region champions its course.

Under this setting, there will be more respect across tribes. Free allocation from the federal is responsible for the heightened intolerance.

When people understand that they need investors in their region to grow their economy, they will be more respectful nd accomodating.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 16, 2015
There are more markets in Anambra State than Lagos, yes Anambra has move markets than Lagos.
There are three electro markets already in Anambra, Onitsha Electronics, Oba Electrical and Iweka/Moore Street.

I will be right back

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Tsmooth1(m): 6:38am On Sep 16, 2015
We dont need Igbo in South-West because there are more of curse than blessing. Thank God for me because I have since boycot buying anything from them. I dont even associate with them in my office. They can come to our land and do as they wish. Good day.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by mrvitalis(m): 6:40am On Sep 16, 2015
Nice idea If u ask me
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by dayo23(f): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2015
Anything that will reduce the population of Yeebos in the south west....Am in support

15 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by menix(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2015
OP do u think Their re no such market in the east..

My prayers is that they open up the sea ports in PH, so that Lagos could be avoided thus more business spring up that axis nd reduces the population in lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by pet4ril(f): 6:42am On Sep 16, 2015
Not too good n not too bad... anyhow anyhow, man must survive
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2015
Nice observations OP, please know now that we want ibos out of our land as soon as possible, the problems ibos drag along with them is a peg legion and we can't wait to be rid of the ibos, my joy knows no bounds as Yoruba's now see the imperatives of seeing you out of the South west.

I would not want a sectarian crisis to ensue before the ibos get the body language of the Yoruba's. This is the beat time to actualise Biafra as is the dream of every IBO man.

The agberos will not rest until they subdue you in Lagos. They single has been given to make life uncomfortable for the ibos specifically in the Southwest and Lagos.

16 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2015
me I think that markets should remain there, while manufacturing outfits should be relocated to the East.
For instance most of those igbo businessmen that are into import of goods from china should go and liase with the chinese companies where they import there goods from and tell them to sight there business in Nigeria. Normally the f00lish ones would choose Lagos but with the new avenue and the new attitude of some certain people it they would locate it in either anambra, abia imo or if possible ph...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:01am On Sep 16, 2015
madenigga:
me I think that markets should remain there, while manufacturing outfits should be relocated to the East.
For instance most of those igbo businessmen that are into import of goods from china should go and liase with the chinese companies where they import there goods from and tell them to sight there business in Nigeria. Normally the f00lish ones would choose Lagos but with the new avenue and the new attitude of some certain people it they would locate it in either anambra, abia imo or if possible ph...

One of the reasons why I thought the market should move is because the per capita income and those with disposable income are located in Abuja and the Niger delta cities, The retail of electronics , computer and phone sets has a lot of turn over which boost the banks in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:08am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

One of the reasons why I thought the market should move is because the per capita income and those with disposable income are located in Abuja and the Niger delta cities, The retail of electronics , computer and phone sets has a lot of turn over which boost the banks in lagos.

yeah I know that... yoruba companies if they were to sell to yorubas alone they would run at a big loss.
If there was to ever be a decision to move these markets Aba would be a nice spot.
Considering its location in the heart of the southsouth, and its a good thing there new governor is fixing up all the roads, so it wud act like a supply base for big phone markets in Ph like garrison and others.
while another outfit is placed at onitsha to service the people up north.
We igbos can make a product have a larger appeal in Nigeria and the world if we make sure we only deal on the ones with the best quality.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by alienvirus: 7:10am On Sep 16, 2015
Lol. You will not believe how both places with original stuff. I know many dealers in both markets who are doing better than others.

Beaf and leave Lagos at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:14am On Sep 16, 2015
One thing I discovered about the igbos those from the southeast is that they have this "u must travel to make it" thinking.
And am happy about the move by the yorubas to start making them rethink there decisions, let them leave yoruba land.
But yorubas we are not your enemies be rest assured that u and your businesses are always welcome to igbo land and be assures that nobody would intimidate u here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by BlackBaron: 7:15am On Sep 16, 2015
Easier said than done.
There's a gap in the market for such items, hence why alaba exists. The dynamics and population of Lagos ensures that it remains a profitable venue.

Moving to an area where similar markets are established and saturated is just...

Every business seeks to increase their pool of customers/clients not limit it by carting off to where there's lesser opportunities or increased competition.

If indeed there's a relocation, the axiom of 'nature abhors a vacuum' would come into play. Others would quickly move in to fill in that void.

11 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 16, 2015
One thing I'll like you to know is that lagos is a blessed place. No matter what you do to hurt it, it still grows. FCT was taken away from it to make it dilapidated, but see how developed it has become due to yoruba wisdom in fashola. Abuja can't even stand its commercial stance. When people claim lagos is just enjoying oil money from Niger delta, they were quickly silenced by the discovery of oil in lagos. Lagos is currently building a world class international airport in lekki which will divert a lot of foreign flights to itself because of the beauty of lekki. Talk about the refinery, free trade zone, badagry port, lekki deep sea port and the superb Eko atlantic artificial island just to mention a few. It is ridiculous to think the removal of a market where substandard electronic goods and pirated CDs are sold will cripple lagos. Majority of electronic companies are now opening showrooms across the state and the nation. So, whatever delusional glory alaba market has will fade off in the next couple of years. People now do shopping malls, not 2by2 shops.

What do you think ambode is up to with his recent meetings with korean and asian ambassadors? I believe his about to give them incentives so they can bring in their automobile companies to lagos.

Lagos leads...others follow

Let peace reign

24 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:16am On Sep 16, 2015
alienvirus:
Lol. You will not believe how both places with original stuff. I know many dealers in both markets who are doing better than others.

Beaf and leave Lagos at your own peril.
Lagos would be the subsidiary.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:18am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
One thing I'll like you to know is that lagos is a blessed place. No matter what you do to hurt it, it still grows. FCT was taken away from it to make it dilapidated, but see how developed it has become due to yoruba wisdom in fashola. Abuja can't even stand its commercial stance. When people claim lagos is just enjoying oil money from Niger delta, they were quickly silenced by the discovery of oil in lagos. Lagos is currently building a world class international airport in lekki which will divert a lot of foreign flights to itself because of the beauty of lekki. Talk about the refinery, free trade zone, badagry port, lekki deep sea port and the superb Eko atlantic artificial island just to mention a few. It is ridiculous to think the removal of a market where substandard electronic goods and pirated CDs are sold will cripple lagos. Majority of electronic companies are now opening showrooms across the state and the nation. So, whatever delusional glory alaba market has will fade off in the next couple of years. People now do shopping malls, not 2by2 shops.

Let peace reign
I like that...

3 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:19am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:

Let peace reign

Have you thought about what makes lagos boom economically ,why lagos becomes lifeless during the yuletide up until middle of January.

9 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Beremx(f): 7:21am On Sep 16, 2015
...and you think electronics market and computer village does not already exist in the east? Is there any state in the SE that does not have a market already for the goods?

You should be talking of expansion and not relocation. It is a foolish idea to think such markets will be relocated to the east.

*sighs*

14 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2015
madenigga:
One thing I discovered about the igbos those from the southeast is that they have this "u must travel to make it" thinking.
And am happy about the move by the yorubas to start making them rethink there decisions, let them leave yoruba land.
But yorubas we are not your enemies be rest assured that u and your businesses are always welcome to igbo land and be assures that nobody would intimidate u here.

You want us to come to IBO land when your people are running from it? You want us to come to IBO land so that you will kill us? ibos that want to kill us in our own land, I can't imagine what will be done to Yoruba if they venture into biafra ( I have been a victim of IBO hate in Enugu).

Yorubas don't need ibos hence our plea that you leave our land as soon as possible so we can have sanity back in our neighbourhoods, the rate of crime has risen astronomically due to IBO criminal n nefarious activities. Thank but no thanks, we can't come to Biafra.

11 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by asha80(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

Have you thought about what makes lagos boom economically ,why lagos becomes lifeless during the yuletide up until middle of January.

you need more money generating outfits in east not really markets..
Lots of markets already
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Rainmaker69(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2015
This isn't a sensible proposition. It's putting the cart before the horse.
Computer Village and Alaba Int'l are markets that cater to the 20 million or so people resident within and around lagos. The attraction isn't the traders but the buying public.
Coupled with the proximity to the ports, Lagos is attractive because it is Lagos. We need to stop tribalising everything.
You will find vendors in Computer village from every tribe in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2015
The igbos should build a world class shopping mall for electronics, computers, phones in the east, since there is minimal issues with multiple taxation in the east the goods will be cheaper and more affordable, which will make shoppers to prefer travelling to the east than going to lagos where street urchins, touts, area boys harassment has an impact on the business there.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by tonychristopher: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:

What do you think ambode is up to with his recent meetings with korean and asian ambassadors? I believe his about to give them incentives so they can bring in their automobile companies to lagos.

Let peace reign

Let us wait till Christmas break o
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

what makes lagos lifeless during that period is because businesses(companies) go on break which reduces traffic as majority are either seated at home enjoying with their families or at fun spots.

It is highly delusional to think lagos becomes lifeless only because ibos travelled to the SE to enjoy yuletide.

Companies usually give their staffs holiday about 2weeks to christmas. That alone crumbles activities, not only in lagos but other states in nigeria and the christian world over.

Come on, it's the end of the year. Do you expect people to still be wearing that hustle and bustle face of lagos? They need to relax at home.

18 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:29am On Sep 16, 2015
we igbos are going to be moving around in circles until we stand as one and make a collective decision,
1) if a yoruba man opens a church igbos and other's wud carry it on there heads, but if an igbo man opens a church it is either minimal or impossible to see a single yoruba man in that church unless he or she was invited for a program there.
2) private universities in yorubaland u cant count tge number of igbo students there but go to the east the private universities u can count the yoruba students there.
3) an igbo man wants to site a company, there are companies whose locations does not matter as far as there are distributors but these igbos most of them see lagos as a better location.
4) d list goes on.
I dont blame them sha, they see Lagos as a better place for there businesses one thing that influenced them was the yorubas action after the civil war who returned there properties to them.
These I think inflenced them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by asha80(m): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:
The igbos should build a world class shopping mall for electronics, computers, phones in the east, since there is minimal issues with multiple taxation in the east the goods will be cheaper and more affordable, which will make shoppers to prefer travelling to the east than going to lagos where street urchins, touts, area boys harassment has an impact on the business there.
you don't know much about biz environment in Nigeria..too much emotion is your bane

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders / Nigeria Donated Money To The Liberation Movements In Zimbabwe In 1976 (Video) / Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.