Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment (75013 Views)

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 / AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by ylaa(f): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
just joking but i think you should goggle and see, you may be lucky to get the web site.
best of luck.
TycheAphrodite:

How were you able to fill the application form?, mine isn't editing
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
Please who will help me get a passport asap, am in lagos.
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
mrkels:

Bros passport is immediately.

Got my own in less than 5hrs.
Benin office.
How much?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by TycheAphrodite(f): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
ylaa:
just joking but i think you should goggle and see, you may be lucky to get the web site.
best of luck.

Lol, ok thanks. I found a way around it sha
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by LANDOS4RE4: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
Where to download the form? Tell me on 08034415343
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by KELVIN086: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
InwehAkpevwe:
Nor be international NYSC be this so Just asking sha...

no this na afica nysc
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by famopompy(m): 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
latestjobsng:

I just tried it now, and it opened. Maybe you should use another browser.

See my screenshot below:

Did u download it or u applied thru the link?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by ucde(m): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
please did u down load it and fill. after that what next. the application form is it going to be scanned? and also how can one get passport within five days.. if you have any sugestion on any of this, pls do
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Slimfeez(m): 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
ylaa:
APPLIED
... Please how did γφυ applied bro? though ℓ̊ have open T̶̲̅he form but can't applied, please help
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by mrkels(m): 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

How much?

Cant remember how much I paid at the bank again , the whole fee is on their website .

Technically that thing is about 15k or there about .

But when you get there they would ask you to pay some change .

I didn't pay anything there though , I just formed famzing with the head because some of my colleagues knew him , I used that to my advantage and didn't pay a dime there .
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
I think we are to print the form and scan along with other credentials after filling coz there is no link or submission button at the bottom of the form...
Here is the link to the form..
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vJ0ZzYEyr9vcPNFYyfA0rqU4otSTXlFYuqzsH0IJ3uU/mobilebasic

Are we to fill in online and den print out or to print it out and fill with biro?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Michelbare(m): 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
latestjobsng:

I don't think that will be an issue. Even if they will need one, it should be after you have been picked

D form refused to give room to b filled
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Cohsyn(m): 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
Kelklein:
who knows how I can get a passport within 5 days!

Where is your present location?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Cohsyn(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
udmbat:
I don't have an international passport. Please what can I do?

Get one asap.
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Shinelle(f): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
TycheAphrodite:

Lol, ok thanks. I found a way around it sha

pls how did you go about yours.. ? can't edit the form , it said I should request permission from the owner .. done that, no response.
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by TycheAphrodite(f): 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
Shinelle:

pls how did you go about yours.. ? can't edit the form , it said I should request permission from the owner .. done that, no response.

had to download it. if you can find the print icon click on it for download.
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by davide470(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Shinelle:

Hello Shinelle. How far the GA pursuit? Backing off?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by thexzy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Bad guy
Ur head dey there
I know why una dey hustle for Ethiopia
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by asgat1love: 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
thexzy:
I know why una dey hustle for Ethiopia
please tell me ooooo , wetin dey shele for Ethiopia
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by juddywoko(m): 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
Pls can those that r still awaiting their certificate/ statement of result apply? Are they eligible to apply? @ op..
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Wizzaro2014(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
latestjobsng:
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) is a continental development program that recruits and works with youth volunteers, to work in all 54 countries across the African Union.
Deciding to become an AU-YV is a life changing decision opening opportunities to serve in a community other than your own and assisting in the local development efforts. Africa needs countless skilled labor each year in all fields and professional sectors. Youth Volunteerism has contributed significantly to the development of most advanced economies and contributes a substantively to annual GDP. In Africa, Youth Volunteerism would not only contribute directly to the development of the continent, but is also a means of direct and meaningful youth participation and empowerment.

As a volunteer, apart from applying your skills and knowledge to solve everyday challenges, you would gain crucial international work experience and acquire a great deal of leadership and soft skills, develop your self reliance and acquire new professional skills.

Most of all however, you would gain a life changing experience of learning a new culture, experience a new lifestyle, and get to know a new African country and its people outside your own. This experience would guaranteed shape your life and remain in your memory for the rest of your life.

Title: African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016

Are You Ready For The Challenge

Main Commitment

Your duties and responsibilities would mainly be to serve the community, organization or institution where you will be deployed. This will be in relation with your field of study or past experience. At present the main areas of focus for AU-YVC are: Education; Health and HIV/ AIDS; Peace and Security; Information and Communications Technology; Business and Youth Entrepreneurship; Agriculture and Environment.

During your deployment your overall objective shall remain to bring a lasting and sustainable impact and benefits to your host community/ organization and promote the spirit of volunteerism and values of service.

This would require you to demonstrate leadership, discipline and dedication throughout your service and especially during challenging and difficult times.

Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own.

Eligibility Criteria:

Applicants have to meet the following criteria:

1) Citizen of African Union Member State (All African countries except Morocco) or African Diaspora;
2) Aged between 18 and 33 years;
3) Have at least a post-secondary education certified training and qualifications, from the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
4) Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5) Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6) Be proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7) Have at least one year verifiable experience as a volunteer and or one year of regular work experience

Eligible Fields of Qualification For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and experience are required:

Accounting > Agricultural > Communication Studies > Computer Science > Conflict studies > Diverse Natural Science Fields > Economics > Education > Environmental Management > Gender Studies > Human Resources Management > Human rights – International Law > International relations > Journalism > Law > Political Science > Space Science > Statistics

Benefits:

For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training, at a venue to be communicated.
On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
1) Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
2) A modest monthly stipend
3) Health insurance cover
4) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months

Method of application:

Applicants are requested to submit the following

1. Filled out application form
2. Scanned copy of University degree certificate
3. Letter of recommendation from place of volunteer/work experience
4. Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
5. Curriculum Vitae

The listed documents should be sent before 25th September 2015 to : youth@africa-union.org .
*Late applications and applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered.
*THOSE WHO HAD APPLIED BEFORE ARE REQUESTED TO RE-APPLY

Recruitment Timeline

1) 30th September: Shortlisting ;
2) 15th October: Successful applicants will be notified ;
3) 7th – 21st November: Successful candidates will undergo pre-deployment training;
4) 2016: Successful applicants will be deployed to relevant organizations.

Source

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by sirgusto: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
adeoti01:
lemme dust my CV...Ghana or Equatorial Guinea is my choice

"Bro" just do Morocco; they've got good shit of most things. wink
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Achero(m): 11:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
Become an Associate Member of the Institute of Business Advisers Nigeria via scholarship. To apply send an email to achero4u@gmail.com or sms ur Qualification, Grade, Age, email and phone to 08033217749
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 17, 2015
ok...
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 17, 2015
I SMELL SCAAAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Funjosh(m): 6:10am On Sep 17, 2015
The form how can it be filled

Any way out cos I open it, still can't find a way round it undecided

Cc latestjobsng
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by dgr8est(m): 8:02am On Sep 17, 2015
Kelklein:
who knows how I can get a passport within 5 days!
Where are u?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by ceecee0703(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2015
Abeg oo...my Passport don expire oo...but seem like i go use am like that oo..

please will the form be printed and written with biro or filled online and printed..

please help wit suggestions...
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2015
sirgusto:

"Bro" just do Morocco; they've got good shit of most things. wink

shuuuuuu.....Morocco,,, ain't like North Africa unless I plan to enter Spain from there....

1 Like

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by thexzy(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2015
asgat1love:

please tell me ooooo , wetin dey shele for Ethiopia
They Badt guyz knows the very reason they fight tooth n nail to be there. Its better experienced than said
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Sowl(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2015
mizle:
Please who will help me get a passport asap, am in lagos.
I can help u process ur passport if u are in lagos.... And u would get it that same day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Who Killed Iniobong Ini Umoren? By David Hundeyin / Insourcing Limited is Recruiting / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Custodian And Allied Plc (CAP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.