Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas (17431 Views)

Why Do Many Yorubas Hate Governor Fayose So Much? / Real Reason Why We Yorubas Hate Goodluck Jonathan. / Why Yorubas Are Inferior Muslims According To My Northern Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
omonnakoda:
The Oyo empire extended to Ghana and Islam was in Yoruba land before Usman dan Fodio was born in 1757. Some parts of Yoruba land adopted Islam from Fulani settlers in their midst while others adopted it from Mandinka and Senegalese. There was a great influence fro the old Mali Empire and the first mosque in Ife was there 300 years before Usman Dan Fodio was born

It was always peaceful and there is not one recorded case of Islam arriving by force in Yorubaland ,not one. So stop trying to change the subject which is your people have never evolved beyond the UmuThis and UmuThat level of political organization.

Thank you for this post. A lot of these kids are allergic to reading that is why they know nothing about history.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by disumusa: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
WilyWily:

Majority of Yorubas are very very wicked, personally i Hate dem wit all my Heart, i even Hate de good ones among dem. In all Yorubaland i like only 3 families.
but Igbo keep on rushing to west in thousands true chisco from the cursed land of south east

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by disumusa: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
WilyWily:

For real, i Hate dis people
Igbo are naturally shameless you can count the number of Yoruba in flat head erroded land

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by disumusa: 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2017

I am not competing with any Yoruba man, We are leagues ahead of dem.
flateee wasting your time, the most frustrated tribe in Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by disumusa: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sweetguy25:

Igbos hate themselves? Lol, please tell another lie.
osu ,wawa, ofu means slaves in Igbo land , you can see that flatee hate them self that is why they cant win presidency b/c 30% of osu, wawa, ofu will vote against ibos
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by timsTNA: 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
disumusa:
flateee wasting your time, the most frustrated tribe in Africa

Conoid...the most jealosu tribe in the world.....dick measuring with Benin in this thread, dick measuring with igbo on the other.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by timsTNA: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
disumusa:
osu ,wawa, ofu means slaves in Igbo land , you can see that flatee hate them self that is why they cant win presidency b/c 30% of osu, wawa, ofu will vote against ibos

OSU brazil, why do ypu hate Ijebus and ilorinites so much, arent they yorubas too?

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by vanbonattel: 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
MrRobot:
Op I have to disagree with you.. The Igbos are not in any compet
ition with the Yorubas..In fact it's an insult to say that. The problem with the yorubas is the fear of the Igbos. They envy the Igbos who have done the impossible – standing up to their enemies; and exercising their inalienable rights to self preservation.
GBAM!
You hit the nail on the head.
Your wife will deliver triplets before year end.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by disumusa: 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by disumusa: 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
omonnakoda:

This is a fundamental mistake every Igbo makes.

The vast majority of Yorubas do not come from "VILLAGES".
Igbos never evolved beyond the village level of political organization before colonization. They existed essentially at the clan level and there was NOT one single town in Igboland where you would find settlers from other places. Everything was Umu this and Umu that/

Well I a sorry to burst that bubble but in Yorubaland there have been towns and cities for centuries with settlers from Hausaland,Nupes,Senegal,Guinea and so on.

So when you gget this idea of I am going to my village do not think it applies to the whole world. There are people who come from places like Ibadan, Lekki ,Ikorodu, Abeokuta and so on.
just take a look at ibo settlement it realy show that they migrat to Nigeria very recent, you can se structure that is acent as 200 talkles of 500 or700 or more
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2017
jomonic:

I hope this is not a revision of history. Never heard or read of that. If it's true why was such proud heritage never shared all these years or you guys recently discovered the fact. Am sure by repeating this line several times it will start sounding like the truth.
Actually if u take the trouble to study the history of ur pple,u will discover wonderful things.the govt killed history in our schools to keep nigerians blind and inferior.this is in line with the wish of ur colonial masters.for example,i was told only the binins put up a fight against the british but through studies i learnt recently that the igbos,ijebus and kano also put up organized attacks against the brits as well and a number of them were even killed by the ijebus in the 19th century b4 the area was sacked.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by killsmith(f): 10:45am On Jan 19, 2017
A race that went to war for 3 years....lost it all, lives children, properties, everything....they overcame the trauma of war...started all over, with absolutely nothing....even with the gap...these people still caught up with these afonjas and now leads in almost every sector in this country....

Anybody that compares the Igbo race with any ethnic group in Africa is simply filled with hate....and needs help from eligwe...

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Maghan37: 11:24am On Jan 19, 2017
Igbo's are very delusional from all accounts. I do not know what they have or think they know.Intact they fail to realise their level of delusion which will mark my words lead to their downfall. Yoruba's although not as united as the Northerners are better united the Igbo's.The proof of this is the reason politics. The Igbo's cannot even unite behind a single banner. Even APGA controls only a single state. The while APC controls 5 states. In the SW due to Yoruba influence.Besides the greed of igbo's is so much that u have autonomous community.
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Spazolas: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2019
MrRobot:
Op I have to disagree with you.. The Igbos are not in any competition with the Yorubas..In fact it's an insult to say that. The problem with the yorubas is the fear of the Igbos. They envy the Igbos who have done the impossible – standing up to their enemies; and exercising their inalienable rights to self preservation.

Lol, please enlighten me how Yorubas fear Igbos. The problem with Igbos is that you are blinded by self-adulation which makes many of you engage in senseless chest- beating in the face of abject falsehood & wishful thinking. Tell me what Yorubas fear about Igbos.

Hausas have been killing your people for so long , there has never been a case of Igbos fighting them physically like Yoruba youths have done in Ibadan and Lagos.

I’m sure you are not aware of what transpired in Sabo Ibadan? I was in the university of Ibadan then and was part of the fight when they murdered a Yoruba student in sabo, go and asked what we did to them.

Silence of a tiger is not an act of cowardice, Yoruba are very calculating and will weigh the pros-and cons before attempting anything, Igbos on the contrary will go head on like raging bulls without considering the consequences and that’s evident in the recent python dance which got many of you killed while Kanu your leader ran away after causing mischief and disrupt.

Same can be said of your run away leaders Zik and Ojukwu who ran to Ghana and Ivory Coast respectively .

Igbos are suicidal and Yorubas are calculative and slow to react that SHOULD NEVER translate to cowardice.

We don’t fear Igbos, we only marvel at how much you people engage in suicidal acts.

Yoruba are giants, and giants won’t move till it’s provoked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
omonnakoda:
This fellow below is not well nourished. His diet is low in protein and vitamins and so he is generally slow and sluggish.Often you need to repeat statements several times before he understants

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate / Togo, Niger, Benin Owe Nigeria ₦32.04 Billion For Electricity Supplied In 2019 / Ban On Commercial Tricycle, Motorcycle In Anambra: No Going Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.