Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas (17427 Views)

Why Do Many Yorubas Hate Governor Fayose So Much? / Real Reason Why We Yorubas Hate Goodluck Jonathan. / Why Yorubas Are Inferior Muslims According To My Northern Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by orisa37: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
Yorubas don't hate the Igbos. Had it been so, Awo would not have preserved Igbos' properties for the Igbos during the civil war. OBJ would not have restored Nzegwu and Ironsi's rights and privileges for their families. OBJ would not have organised escape route to Cote de voire for Ojukwu and accepted the surrender of the Igbo POW. The Igbos have Cultures that are not natural and inspite of their Christian Status and Recognition in our society, some Igbos behave like athiests and all of them don't know that only God is jealous and have the Prerogatives for vengeance.

6 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by NOBODYY: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** It is alien in yoruba to be brave and look your oppresors in the eye. That's why the fulani dominate them in kwara and the Igala sit on their heads in kogi. See what they did to the yoruba governorship candidate in kogi. I don't yorubas i pity them. There are 7 Igboid governors in Nigeria, yorubas who claimed to superior to Igbos have only 6. **grins**
**grins** You're the biggest fool on nairaland **grins**

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Bon2reign: 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
NB.

Nairaland
[/color] has fall our hands bigtime, all b i afr a ns should visit, www{dot}bi a fr a forum{dot} com, www{dot}b i a f r a republic{dot} com, www{dot}ala b i a fr a{dot} com

My best is www{dot}bi a fr a forum{dot} com, because of the beautiful design it has.

[color=#990000]NB. Change the {dot} to . and remove the spaces.

Hail B1af r a
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
MrRobot:
Op I have to disagree with you.. The Igbos are not in any competition with the Yorubas..In fact it's an insult to say that. The problem with the yorubas is the fear of the Igbos. They envy the Igbos who have done the impossible – standing up to their enemies; and exercising their inalienable rights to self preservation.
eziokwu

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by tbanty1: 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sweetguy25:

LOL. But Igbos travel to their villages more than Yorubas. Most Yorubas can't point their fathers houses in their villages.
smiles.. U got it wrong guy. Yorubas stil remain yorubas, as far as we resides in dsame southwest. But u wil neva see yorubas in oda region, witout checkin on dier relatives as xpected, especially durin xmas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by kayo80(m): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
tbanty1:
smiles.. U got it wrong guy. Yorubas stil remain yorubas, as far as we resides in dsame southwest. But u wil neva see yorubas in oda region, witout checkin on dier relatives as xpected, especially durin xmas.

Exactly!!!
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by omonnakoda: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Yorubas pity Igbos they don't hate them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by omonnakoda: 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
This is a fundamental mistake every Igbo makes.

The vast majority of Yorubas do not come from "VILLAGES".
Igbos never evolved beyond the village level of political organization before colonization. They existed essentially at the clan level and there was NOT one single town in Igboland where you would find settlers from other places. Everything was Umu this and Umu that/

Well I a sorry to burst that bubble but in Yorubaland there have been towns and cities for centuries with settlers from Hausaland,Nupes,Senegal,Guinea and so on.

So when you gget this idea of I am going to my village do not think it applies to the whole world. There are people who come from places like Ibadan, Lekki ,Ikorodu, Abeokuta and so on.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by kettle84(m): 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
wytecat:
You are wrong!

If Yoruba don't want Ibos to succeed we would have sabotaged their efforts in the SW before they got this comfortable.

It's in Ibo dna to hate and have always hated everybody, but the reason they are more on Yoruba is they know they can get away with it cos of our complacency.

Yoruba never hated Ibo and are just waking up to hate smoke over their lives and are responding to it.

Destruction of igbo shops all over Lagos without notice in the night before igbos could return from December & new year festivities ,campaigning and carrying banners asking igbos to leave Lagos, deporting igbos by fashola, openly declaration of drowning igbos in the lagoons all over Lagos should Ambode loose an election by the king of Lagos and many others are real life evidence of hate of igbos Yoruba leadership and their subjects are carrying in their hearts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by kettle84(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
omonnakoda:

Igbos never evolved beyond the village level of political organization before colonization. They existed essentially at the clan level and there was NOT one single town in Igboland where you would find settlers from other places. Everything was Umu this and Umu that/

Well I a sorry to burst that bubble but in Yorubaland there have been towns and cities for centuries with settlers from Hausaland,Nupes,Senegal,Guinea and so on.

So when you gget this idea of I am going to my village do not think it applies to the whole world. There are people who come from places like Ibadan, Lekki ,Ikorodu, Abeokuta and so on.
the reason for mistakes like this is due to ignorance.the reason for Senegalese, Nupe,Guinea people ,Hausa to have landed in Yoruba land including Islam is because of the Fulani conquest in Yorubaland. Fulanis are from Guinea, they spread to Senegal ,Nupe ,Hausa land down to Yoruba land via the conquest of the jihadist known as usman Dan fodio. so it is expected to see such people migrating to such areas which is a form of an extension of their empire.Read books on the conquest of us an Dan fodio of the sokoto caliphate in the 18th century.You will get to read about the resistance of the Tivs of the middle belt down to areas where usman Dan fodio could not conquer.you will also read about Alimi and Ilorin etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by omonnakoda: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
kettle84:
the reason for mistakes like this is due to ignorance.the reason for Senegalese, Nupe,Guinea people ,Hausa to have landed in Yoruba land including Islam is because of the Fulani conquest in Yorubaland. Fulanis are from Guinea, they spread to Senegal ,Nupe ,Hausa land down to Yoruba land via the conquest of the jihadist known as usman Dan fodio. so it is expected to see such people migrating to such areas which is a form of an extension of their empire.
Another ignorant post there was never any conquest of any part of Yorubaland And Islam did not come to Yoruba land by conquest .No one was forced into Islam. The State with the largest number of indigenous Muslims in Yoruba land is Lagos State so I do not know where you get this nonsense about conquest

5 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by kettle84(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
omonnakoda:
Another ignorant post there was never any conquest of any part of Yorubaland And Islam did not come to Yoruba land by conquest .No one was forced into Islam. The State with the largest number of indigenous Muslims in Yoruba land is Lagos State so I do not know where you get this nonsense about conquest
how did Islam jump from Fulani down to Yoruba land.bro read history books or better Google.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sweetguy25:

Igbos hate themselves? Lol, please tell another lie.
anambra vs imo.enugu vs abia all the time on nairaland.yorubas hate ibos and yet relate so well with them in the sw?

2 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** It is alien in yoruba to be brave and look your oppresors in the eye. That's why the fulani dominate them in kwara and the Igala sit on their heads in kogi. See what they did to the yoruba governorship candidate in kogi. I don't yorubas i pity them. There are 7 Igboid governors in Nigeria, yorubas who claimed to superior to Igbos have only 6. **grins**
But ur pple still run to those 6 yoruba states.*grins* and the gov of kwara is yoruba while the yorubas are minority in kogi.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
I was in abj recently, there was a friend of mine, an akwaibom lady who swore never to have anything to do with yoruba people. She hates them with passion. She talked about their craftyness and backstabbing, she also swore that any of children that gets married to a yoruba person, she will disown, even the ladies are not left out, they cheat more than southafrican girls, in the sense that they will ruin your life. My friend was a victim.

Yorubas change!! Change!!!

The whole east dislikes you guys and never want to have anything to do with you, not just the igbos.

To add, ALL YORUBA PEOPLE ARE DIABOLIC. Infact all my yoruba friends are diabolic.
Give urself a round of applause!
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by omonnakoda: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
kettle84:
how did Islam jump from Fulani down to Yoruba land.bro read history books or better Google.
The Oyo empire extended to Ghana and Islam was in Yoruba land before Usman dan Fodio was born in 1757. Some parts of Yoruba land adopted Islam from Fulani settlers in their midst while others adopted it from Mandinka and Senegalese. There was a great influence fro the old Mali Empire and the first mosque in Ife was there 300 years before Usman Dan Fodio was born

It was always peaceful and there is not one recorded case of Islam arriving by force in Yorubaland ,not one. So stop trying to change the subject which is your people have never evolved beyond the UmuThis and UmuThat level of political organization.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
omonnakoda:

I am from Ile ife and i dont know any ancestral village as mine.ife was urban b4 the europeans came just like benin,kano,oyo,ibadan.my friend from nenwe ukwu,enugu state told me in his village there is only one pry sch and no tarred road

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
omonnakoda:
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by omonnakoda: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
It is a common misconception that Fulanis brought Islam to Nigeria. They DID NOT. The Bornu peole who are neither Hausa nor Fulani have practised Islam for more than 1000 years.
Islam came first to Yorubaland even before Hausaland via the Mali Empire influence of Mansa Kankan Musa and it did not arrive by force or Jihad

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by loopmangoat(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
It's an insult to compare great igbos with afonja (yoruba) cowards

6 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by loopmangoat(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
A

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
kettle84:
U see why the guy called ur post ignorant.in fact u are pig ignorant.did fulani invent islam.iwo had the first mosque in yorubaland as far back as 1550.the caliphate began in the 19th century.i will educate u 4 free,mi o ni wo iwa e.islam entered yorubaland thru malian traders.thats why till today it is called esin imale in yoruba or religion of the malians.again,fell to the fulanis because the yoruba muslims of ilorin joined forces with alimi against afonja who they saw as an idol worshipper.many of them were slaves who had escaped from oyo and were early yoruba muslims so u see why their alliance could never be with oyo.infact after afonja,s death they led the fulanis against yorubaland but were defeated.the fall of ilorin is a bit like the fall of xtian constantinople to muslim ottoman turks but ppl who never built anytin resembling an empire can never understand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by obaaderemi: 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
loopmangoat:

Tell that useless and hopeless friend of yours that he is lying
If I knew you in person i would have paid for your trip to nenwe
Nenwe is a beautiful town with tarred roads street lights Modern hospitals many schools and all amenities you can find in an urban town
My sister is married to a nenwe man
Thats how ur pple come here and lie about their place.my friend said what he said because he was worried abovt his town,nenwe ukwu.they later changed the name to nenwe nta[town of little monkeys or something like that]according to him.no tarred road and limited gsm coverage.dont insult him,he wasnt a liar [God rest his soul]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by loopmangoat(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
obaaderemi:
Thats how ur pple come here and lie about their place.my friend said what he said because he was worried abovt his town,nenwe ukwu.they later changed the name to nenwe nta[town of little monkeys or something like that]according to him.no tarred road and limited gsm coverage.dont insult him,he wasnt a liar [God rest his soul]
Sorry for the loss
I will delete the post
Please delete your mentions
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by dedollarman(m): 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
Yeruba people are too jealous of igbo
we the igbos are never bothered on success of any Yeruba person for instant's
Here in our market its dominated by us the Igbo's
Selling wine with just one Yeruba man in our mis
And we all love and cherish him even last month he celebrated his child naming and his new building we are all there celebrating with him surprisely I was told he gave his child chukwu Emeka as middle name for the. Love of the. Igbo's around him

So how about if it Yeruba dominated market that an igbo was among them competing and doing well in business the Yerubas would have finish him long a go tagging him omo igbo

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Joshualad: 1:36am On Jan 13, 2017
loopmangoat:
It's an insult to compare great igbos with afonja (yoruba) cowards
You ibos are merely deceiving yourselves,you really are not even superior to your fellow Subhumans-The Hausa's

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 13, 2017
obaaderemi:
U see why the guy called ur post ignorant.in fact u are pig ignorant.did fulani invent islam.iwo had the first mosque in yorubaland as far back as 1550.the caliphate began in the 19th century.i will educate u 4 free,mi o ni wo iwa e.islam entered yorubaland thru malian traders.thats why till today it is called esin imale in yoruba or religion of the malians.again,fell to the fulanis because the yoruba muslims of ilorin joined forces with alimi against afonja who they saw as an idol worshipper.many of them were slaves who had escaped from oyo and were early yoruba muslims so u see why their alliance could never be with oyo.infact after afonja,s death they led the fulanis against yorubaland but were defeated.the fall of ilorin is a bit like the fall of xtian constantinople to muslim ottoman turks but ppl who never built anytin resembling an empire can never understand

I hope this is not a revision of history. Never heard or read of that. If it's true why was such proud heritage never shared all these years or you guys recently discovered the fact. Am sure by repeating this line several times it will start sounding like the truth.
Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by WhoRUDeceiving: 2:43am On Jan 13, 2017
dedollarman:
Yeruba people are too jealous of igbo
we the igbos are never bothered on success of any Yeruba person for instant's
Here in our market its dominated by us the Igbo's
Selling wine with just one Yeruba man in our mis
And we all love and cherish him even last month he celebrated his child naming and his new building we are all there celebrating with him surprisely I was told he gave his child chukwu Emeka as middle name for the. Love of the. Igbo's around him

So how about if it Yeruba dominated market that an igbo was among them competing and doing well in business the Yerubas would have finish him long a go tagging him omo igbo

There's some truth to that. Even among Yoruba, the jealousy is much. The day the Yoruba say they want to be on their own, you'' ll see who would be the biggest supporters of that lol

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by loopmangoat(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
Joshualad:
You ibos are merely deceiving yourselves,you really are not even superior to your fellow Subhumans-The Hausa's
How can you call your hausa gods subhuman
You want them to capture the entire south waaste the same way they captured Ilorin from you people
Take time

4 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
loopmangoat:

How can you call your hausa gods subhuman
You want them to capture the entire south waaste the same way they captured Ilorin from you people
Take time
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
I won't say Yorubas and Igbos hate each other but they try to validate themselves by invalidating the other. These two Tribes possess the ability to wrestle power from the North if they choose but they decide to fight each other for supremacy of the south whilst the heterogeneous north keeps them in 'subjection'.. The day Yorubas and Igbos r willing to leave Nigeria is d day Nigeria would break... And yes am Yoruba

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari And APC Three And Half Year Score Card Part 1: Let's Discuss / Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers / Maina: Buhari Is Good Man Surrounded By Cankerworms - Dino Melaye Defends Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.