Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike (855 Views)

'i’ll Dine With The Devil To Ensure Lagos Is Safe' - Edgal Imohimi / Three Recommendations From The Senate Report Which Nailed SGF, Lawal / Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by samueld0(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wednesday that his administration would implement the recommendations of the Justice George Omereji-led judicial commission of inquiry without fear or ill will.

The commission was set up by the governor to probe the sale of Rivers assets and also look into other matters concerning the management of state resources by the past administration.

Wike also stated that his government would not allow financial crimes to be committed with impunity in Rivers, adding that the criticism against the panel will not deter him from taking decisions that will move the state forward.

Explaining that his administration was not the first to establish a commission of inquiry, he recalled that his predecessor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, set up the Justice Kayode Esho commission of inquiry and added that former governor Dr. Peter Odili appeared before the panel.

Wike, who spoke in a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Opunabo Inko-Tariah, also recalled that Odili appeared before the Esho panel despite an alleged uncomplimentary remark credited to Esho on a perpetual injunction concerning him (Odili).

He dismissed allegations that the Omereji-led commission of inquiry was established to indict the immediate past governor, adding that the panel was set up based on relevant laws of the state.

“The implementation of the commission’s recommendations shall be devoid of fear or favour, affection or ill will. The refusal to appear before the panel is an admission of guilt. The allegation that the Justice Omereji’s commission of inquiry is a subterfuge to indict Rotimi Amaechi suffers from eclipse of reasoning and poverty of logic.

“Amaechi set up the Justice Kayode Esho’s commission and when former governor Peter Odili was invited, he obliged despite the fact that Justice Esho had made some uncomplimentary remarks about a perpetual injunction concerning Odili,” Wike said.

The governor added that he inherited a hobbling economy and a suffocating state treasury, even as he added that his administration would not allow financial crimes to be committed with impunity in the state.

He said, “The Omereji’s panel was set up to probe expenditures made by Amaechi’s government, which is what any responsible government will do because the tax payers’ money is not for one man, especially when certain financial transactions are opaque.

“It is even more important when the outgoing administration demurred to hand over or when there were no handover notes. The welter of criticisms by the APC in Rivers State is actuated by fear of exposure. It is just a hocus pocus.

“Governor Wike inherited a hobbling economy and a suffocating treasury. He provided the lifesaving machine and today, the state is recuperating. The sittings (of the panel) were not done clandestinely and all that was expected of Amaechi and his acolytes was for them to appear and prove their innocence.”

Wike, however, added that in establishing a panel of inquiry, he was “Only borrowing a leaf” from President Muhammadu Buhari, describing him (Buhari) as an embodiment of probity and rectitude.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-implement-panels-recommendations-without-fear-wike/
Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by doublewisdom: 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
Fearless Wike, deal with Amaechi however you deem fit if he's found guilty. Rivers people are solidly behind you!

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
The care taker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by Mogidi: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
that his administration would implement the recommendations of the Justice George Omereji-led judicial commission of inquiry without fear or ill will.
We expect you to.
Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by fyneguy: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
How does he intend to deal with Amaechi? Oh Ok, he still has Mbu right?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by RollingStones(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wike pls send the Lizard of Ubima to Kirikiri
Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
This Man is still leavinG in the past! Which police does he intend to use for the implementation of his wicked, malicious and evil probe "recommendations"?

Wike, don't worry, you will be adequately dealt with!

Useless Murderer!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by omenka(m): 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Only if you last long enough in office to do so.

#transition guavanor.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by sammyj: 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
The interrum governor can go ahead time is not on your side!!! grin
Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by ddippset(m): 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wike never wake up yet. He has forgotten there is no mama peace skirt to hind behind again.
Re: I’ll Implement Ameachi Prob Panel’s Recommendations Without Fear – Wike by lincolnj88: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
grin put hot coal into ameachi ass hole

(1) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Conductor To Death In Lagos [graphic Photos] / US House Speaker John Boehner To Resign / President Muhammadu Buhari’s Full Address In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.