Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market (53143 Views)

Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Abubakar Shekau Kills Boko Haram’s Spokesman Over ‘leadership Plot’ / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by VirginFinder: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
Balkan:
grin your slaves making laws for you in Lagos. Representing you in Abuja. Man gerroff weed Sk. You are in for one Nigeria. And one Nigeria you get
3 ibo slaves in the house of assembly and house of reps courtesy of Bode George cannot make laws for me.
You are a dullard!
The aberration will be reversed.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by pyyxxaro: 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
Iwonimi:
U use oppress collect land and still paying land use charges, wen u pple av issue dey take dat ur wey oppress collect land go Baale house to resolve it and u re sitting claiming Lagos is no land abii....

Ogbeni

Go dance for forest

I reply u since morning

Na now u de reply

U don carry cement finish

U de smart

U won reply when 2day don finish

because u don make small tin

Charge ur fone first

When ur ba3 full

Call out

Cut broda

I be full 053 oooo

Don't av any biz in ur igbo n Yoruba War

My own na to instigate

How ur madame

1 Love cool
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
Iwonimi:
Yoruba we accommodate everybody and care 4 slave like dis yeebos. But u pple re ingrate, May God grant u ur biafra
U call IGBOS slaves....I laugh u with my mouth closed...u get luck dead papa dem no dey knock again for head, na the great ZIK for give u one.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
VirginFinder:

3 ibo slaves in the house of assembly and house of reps courtesy of Bode George cannot make laws for me.
You are a dullard!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!
Very uninformed..

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by VirginFinder: 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
CHUKSKALIDONN:
Very uninformed..
Your reply is not apt. Too bad!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Chuckd123(m): 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
olaolulazio:

Are u an Igbo?
What kind of silly question is that?
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Ritchiee: 12:49am On Sep 19, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Oooomo i don miss ooo grin grin. See 12 pages of chest beating cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Some are even threatening others with guns Huh! see emotional yorubas here saying things like "OUR ACCOMMODATIVE NATURE" and 'IBOS SHOULD NOT TAKE OUR CIVILITY FOR COWARDICE OOO" and other blah blah. their eyes don clear shocked shocked shocked
I observed all these things as far back as 15 years ago.When we told them,they said we're tribal bigots and its not part of the tenets of omoluabi grin grin grin. Yorubas are still learners in knowing who ibos really are.Those Hausa/Fulani guys are the ones who have real knowledge and they apply the 1966 treatment whenever ibos misbehave. Yoruba cowards can continue claiming civilized
My bro,I tire for this kind of omoluabi Yorubas are exhibiting in regards to the Igbos o.Or is it the 100 years or so of war that the Yorubas have fought that had made them so soft?But to be candid the Igbos I usually see on the streets(so soft that sometimes you pity some of them when they are beaten by some Yoruba guys and their colleagues pull them away consoling themselves) are so very different from the online Igbos.But I still think the Igbos need a little jolting...
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2015
VirginFinder:
Your reply is not apt. Too bad!
You know what's too bad? The yorubas and illiteracy.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tammie24: 10:14am On Sep 19, 2015
Pavore9:
The reportage is not balanced rather one-sided. l am Igbo, born and raised in Lagos but would not gloss over the truth that Lagos is ancestrally owned by the Yorubas because my father bought plots of lands way back in the 70's from a Yoruba family and not from any other tribe. Lagos is not a no-man's land but a land that has accommodated everybody.
I like when people are honest and unbiased
It is important for us to be able to move forward in this country
This is why the hausas are taking over this country because we the southerners are always against each other and disrespectful to one another
At the same time I feel the writer is very biased
Thanks for this comment
I pray others will understand these so we can get along and take back what belongs to we the southerners as a WHOLE!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tammie24: 10:23am On Sep 19, 2015
Pavore9:

l hope you are through with insulting yourself, l suggest you enquire about Psychiatric services and since anything Lagos sets you off, l suggest you try Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, New Haven, Enugu, it is opposite St. Mulumba Catholic Church, New Haven, it will not be difficult to locate.

l leave you in the Lord's hands with this. Psalm 109:17-20

17 He loved to curse; let curses come upon him! He did not delight in blessing; may it be far from him!
18 He clothed himself with cursing as his coat; may it soak into his body like water, like oil into his bones!
19 May it be like a garment that he wraps around him, like a belt that he puts on every day!
20 May this be the reward of my accusers from the Lord, of those who speak evil against my life!
Please just ignore him abeg
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by johnserek: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

You your own no pass jealous jealous haba! cheesy cheesy cheesy You know what? we agree yorubas are jealous of ibos,hausas are jealous of ibos,south Africans are jealous of ibos,Chinese people are jealous of ibos, Indians in Goa are jealous of ibos,Malaysians are jealous of ibos,Taiwanese are jealous of ibos,Thais are jealous of ibos,Brits are jealous of ibos,Filipinos are jealous of ibos,everybody is jealous of ibos,Arabs are jealous of ibos,Ibos are jealous of ibos,nairaland is jealous of ibos,facebook is jealous of ibos,twitter is jealous of ibos,even the jews are jealous of ibos in short the universe is jealous of Ibos.are you okay now? cheesy
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
lebete3000:
Yorubas forever the fool...tolerating and accommodating every Tom, Dick & Harry until they collect our wife from our hand.

The reason I respect Northerners so much, Ahmadu Bello said it about the Igbos and he was right afterall..everywhere they go they always want to possess the place....even in Kano, dem don possess Sabon gari already dats why Kano State government left the place abandoned for them...awon omo ale jati-jati.
lurlah2014:
LIKE have said earlier, i don't hate on people, 80% of my dear friends are from the east, i eat nd dine with them cos i was born in the NORTH#KANO schooled in the east #DELTA STATE now back in lagos with igbos surrounding me, but, it still surprise me with the level of greediness that engross them nd also the level at which they want to be crowned the king in the mist of the rulers, which they know wont be possible but still pushing hard and creating confusion and preparing for indirect war in the process.
i mean its sarcastically unreasonable #STOP MISLEADING UR PEOPLE #PEACE I PROCLAIM #LOVE EVERYONE #ONE NATION

Nadobrainzzz:
Even a child gven 2 ryt a report,wn't ryt dis trash and bring it up 4 pple to read,lag is 4 no 1,as far as I knw in most market in Nigeria de pple who dominate it re igbos,infact igbos make place dat weren't normally markets into markets,so wats dis fin of receivin dem wif open arms am sure most of de yoruba pple der met de igbos der,infact dis whole fin 2 cut de story short is an IRONY to wat it rili is in reality
Duru1:
Why pajamas-wearing cowards are scare of competition?
madenigga:
Yorubas and there allies killed millions of igbos snd sacrificed the blood of fellow Yorubas to mk sure igbos dont leave Lagos.... so y are they complaining...
Balkan:
my sister you and your generation are under Igbo occupation and you are talking rubbish as usual. Your father's land and grave are being taken away by the wise men from the East. You guys should come and defend lagos if truly you say it's your land. A friendly advice
CHUKSKALIDONN:
One day they will look into the faces of them to whom they have despised and even though they have no reason to smile but through their faces they might see what real happiness is.....we will not despise the days of sufferings and rejection in the hands of nigeria for out of it comes the greater days.
DikeOha882:
We Igbos thrive well in competition, if awo had seen that his people will be crying today, he wouldn't have took side withthe awusa fulani to exterminate the Igbo from the surface of the earth. We saw all this as early as 1967 and made a decision to leave nigeria but the lord of manor to spite the great Igbos decided to use starvation policies on Igbo nation. Thank God man no be God.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2015
Alcatraz001:
its the same old story.....ibos make una continue o jareee since Yoruba no wan get sense. There is a cavaet though, they might wake up soon ooo.

in all, I don't blame the ibos one bit, I blame accommodating and naive Yoruba.

Yoruba Ronuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

We are tired of preaching to Yoruba jareee.
OPCNAIRALAND:
I blame these Yorubas.
What would it take for Yoruba to start asserting class and supremacy in its own domain of influence?
sukkot:
[b]... the poor yoruba man is alarmed and thinks the igbo man is taking over. this is the myopic poor yoruba mans vision of the situation. now let me take you to the view of the rich powerful yoruba man hiding in the background controlling everything. men like tinubu who practically own all of lagos and his fellow yoruba land-owners. these powerful yoruba men know the land belongs to yoruba and they can lease it to anybody who has money. it pays you more to lease it to ndigbo because they can bring all their wealth to lagos instead of keeping it east. then people like tinubu can get the following benefits
1- you pay all kinds of taxes and levies on the land annually
2-you beautify and develop lagos when you build your structure on it
3-you pay millions of naira to lease the land
4-when you build your structure on it you employ lagosians to build it for you hence employment
5-the fact that you live in lagos means you spend all your money in lagos and keep commerce vibrant

so these yoruba dignataries are collecting money in 5 different ways from ndigbo who has leased land in lagos. it is sophisticated slavery. you are enslaved to yoruba but you dont know it because you have a house and think you are free. SO THIS IS THE VIEW OF THE YORUBA ROYALTY WHO CONTROLS THE LAND. BUT TO THE POOR YORUBA MAN HE SEES THE IGBO AS COMPETITION. BUT IN REALITY ? THE IGBO MAN AND THE POOR YORUBA MAN ARE ALL SLAVES TO THE YORUBA ROYAL CLASS[/b]

CyberWolf:
...What I don't like is the way Yorubas keep on shouting that they accommodated Igbos, helped Igbos, bla bla bla is what we can't take anybody. Did any Yoruba man gave any Igbo man land for free? Did any Yoruba man rent any shop to any Igbo man for free? Did the Lagos State government gave any stall for free to any Igbo man for free? The answer is NO.

In 2012/2013, Lagos State government demolished Onigbongbo market in Maryland, Ikeja and rebuilt it. After that, they sold out the stalls each for #4M..Yes I know about this because my uncle bought 3 and also rented 3 from those who also bought. Now one day, one ediotic Yoruba man will come and tell my uncle some bullcrap that he accommodated him, have him food, bla bla bla...After collecting his money? shocked ....Meeeen that Yoruba is a bastard ediot and should go and die.. angry
tonychristopher:
I thank you for seeing what i am seeing, i think the issue with balckman is the inability for us to see the long term, people have placed men in moon and have made great strides intellectually a reporter that went to school is still writing iyaloja in this 21st century. This is pathetic and i feel so sorry for this.
I appreciate your offer to buy me a car but i have cars, just trying to be modest. Tune to BBC, CNN and other international media house you will see countries asking people to come and invest. People go to where there is peace, one thing this has shown is that lagos is not the investment destination as it seems.
Why am i saying this, the other time Ghana peeps left Lagos just because of this, now what is actually wrong with Blackman, when Rhodesia was a country governed by whites it was a top notch economy in Africa, then Mugabe and his co travellers came changed it from Rhodesia to Zimbabwe and now this is it. If lagos doesn’t take time, it will turn to this.
I have travelled and i have seen, no wonder they say travel is the best teacher, in dubai you cant see an Emirati shouting we own Dubai, mehn those Emiratis i respect them, they are busy sending their kids to MIT and oxford. You don’t go to California and see the red Indians or apache Indians shouting they own USA or you go to Seoul and see the Koreans shouting we own seoul. For heaven sake we know that and that is a fact, why disturb us with that. These sane climes are busy attracting investors not chasing them away with one barbaric tradition of iyaloja,omonile and others, not only in Lagos even in Port Harcourt they have imported this mentality calling it marching ground money. I think that energy they use in doing these ill things should be channelled at understudying these dudes in their clime. We call this eclectics...the ability to draw inspiration from various sources. And to me that is not bad.
When a man keeps shouting to his wife and kids that i am the head of family...know that the man has lost respect in that family. Everybody knows that the man is the head of family so why drum it into people ears, what the man need to do is take care of the family and do his responsibilities as a man ..the full respect will be accorded not shouting I AM THE HEAD. This can be likened to Lagos situation and in some degree Nigerian situation.
We have to change our orientation. The other races are laughing at the black race, from Haiti to Somalia even yesterday there was a coup...what the hell is wrong with us?!!!!
amazingspiderma:

To further support your point.
Tribalism and ethnicity is not an option for anyone who wants prosperity, it is about synergy,it is about win-win.
We have everything we need in Nigeria, yet we can't see it.
Those who play tribalism might make temporary gains due to sight but those who truely understand diversity are prosperity have vision and insight.
Everybody is free to do whatever they feel, but our actions are without consequences. Good morning Nigeria.
anigbogukelvin:
It was for the sake of One Nigeria we travelled and traded amongst our so-called brothers. God blessed us like the Israelites and we owned unnumbered wealth that generated hatred.
Now, they want us thrown out.
My fellow Igbos, It is God that sees all.
You must act right in your Visiting lands too. Be peaceful and God will Judge in your favor if you do.
However, the truth be told, it has been a long years of work. Its time to retire home.

A lot of us are building our riches back home now. Welcome to the Dubai of Africa.
Invest at home. Ana anyi adiba go mma!

Meanwhile, we have one Storey building in Owerri for sale. Pls call me if interested.
Its business all the way. 07038358859
OfoIgbo:
I don't think I've ever come across any reporting that is as biased as this report.

No attempt was made to narrate the Igho side of the story.
All the people quoted were Yoruba.

Yoruba Journalism has gone to the dogs.

Btw, go to Onitsha, and you will find out that Onitsha's commercial reputation is not bestowed on it, by Onitsha indigenes. It's mainly Igbos from other parts of Igholand that has made Onitsha what it is
As a matter of fact, Onitsha people are mainly into education and are hugely into the civil service both in the private sector and public sector.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 20, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

Yeah, the ibos re d major problems of this country nd dat includes u if u re an ibo dude.
I can see ur deep hatred for the ibo's, i have been following ur comments, nd wen i said all ur comments i mean all of THEM, d good comments, d bad comments, nd d romantic ones or should i say d luv comments, nd come to think of it, if d ibo's r d major problems in dis country den am a problem too

Well it's time for me to stop following nd stop watching

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by mikkyson(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
The matters should be solved. Amicably
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by VirginFinder: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
CHUKSKALIDONN:

You know what's too bad? The yorubas and illiteracy.

Come on, NL is populated by semi-literate ibos. That's why we are having this argument at all.
The few educated ibos on NL NEVER attempt measuring up to the Yorubas.
Yorubas are way above ibos academically.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
VirginFinder:

Come on, NL is populated by semi-literate ibos. That's why we are having this argument at all.
The few educated ibos on NL NEVER attempt measuring up to the Yorubas.
Yorubas are way above ibos academically.
True but only in ur imaginations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by iconaus: 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
much as lagos is yoruba land but this is one nigeria and lagos was once the nigeria capital hence home.for all. now igbos have dominated market in lagos therefore by that virtue they should be given that previlege to be part of decision making organ for the sake of their business and also in line with democratic principles . The property and shops have been bought n being paid for so what the fuss from yorubas . igbos were forced back into one nigeria n they should be allowed to feel tbat oneness
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 1:05am On Sep 21, 2015
iconaus:
much as lagos is yoruba land but this is one nigeria and lagos was once the nigeria capital hence home.for all. now igbos have dominated market in lagos therefore by that virtue they should be given that previlege to be part of decision making organ for the sake of their business and also in line with democratic principles . The property and shops have been bought n being paid for so what the fuss from yorubas . igbos were forced back into one nigeria n they should be allowed to feel tbat oneness
well, I have said that nigeria is fallacy.....
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by VirginFinder: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2015
CHUKSKALIDONN:

True but only in ur imaginations.

Come up with your facts.
I'll find mine and post and all you'll do is take off!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 11:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
VirginFinder:

Come up with your facts. I'll find mine and post and all you'll do is take off!
Facts? Its staring at you. Right in front of you.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by VirginFinder: 9:02am On Sep 23, 2015
CHUKSKALIDONN:

Facts? Its staring at you. Right in front of you.

State them!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari / Ease Of Lockdown Over COVID-19: Chaotic Scenes At Banks Unacceptable – Mustapha / Soldiers Patrol Round Ekiti Town Over Outcome Of Governorship Election. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.