Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically (1083 Views)

Ebonyi House Of Assembly Member, Maria Nwachi Seen Bursting Some Moves (video) / Talk Of Cabal Running Buhari’s Govt Is A Mere Myth – Tinubu / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by koife(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Marine chemist, i wish to tender my short explaination sciemtifically as follows:
This slow mixing is driven by three factors
1 DENSITY: Density gradient of dissolved ions(tot. Salinity across).
The sea water may appear as if they don't mix, they do. What u see is a phenomenon called thermohaline circulation, where sea water with different densities delineate vertically..... The mixing process is slow tho.2 WIND REGIME:
The wind movement in alaska depend on coriolis coupled with ekman force where different water stratas circulate horizontaly and virtically at angle 45°. Causing minimal homogenization of water bodies. This slow mixing is also dependent on first factor above. Wind is one factor that controls water mixing from 1-down to near 500m. From the pic u can see it a calmer sea...no turbulence, no wave with shoals.
3 LIGHT
What u see clearly as boundary is light back scattering/reflection incident on the water body. Water bodies with more salt (tot ion) will appear mor turbid there by impeding light penetration. So ions with different salts allow reflection of light favoring wavelength tending to blue in uv-vis band. The clearer water simply means less salt and deeper light penetration, compared the the darker side. Its been proven that white light penetration is highest for blue.
My explanation doesn't mean there is no God. its meant to de-mystify and buttress further on earlier premise that they do not mix.

1 Like

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by zenith4biz(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2015
J
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by olafum1(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2015
shocked
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by BishopMagic: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2015
The darker part is where upwelling is occurring and the sea surface temperatures are cooler.

Upwelling involves vertical churning of deep oceans where colder ocean waters replace the relatively warmer surface water.

The sea wind affect the ocean currents and this phenomenon occurs when ocean currents move parallel to the coast.

The darker part is also rich in nutrients.

This phenomenon also occurs off the west African and south Africa coast seasonally.

Over west African waters, this phenomenon occurs during the peak of monsoon season (JAS months) and leads to high tidal waves on the coast.
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by koife(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2015
BishopMagic:
The darker part is where upwelling is occurring and the sea surface temperatures are cooler.

Upwelling involves vertical churning of deep oceans where colder ocean waters replace the relatively warmer surface water.

The sea wind affect the ocean currents and this phenomenon occurs when ocean currents move parallel to the coast.

The darker part is also rich in nutrients.

This phenomenon also occurs off the west African and south Africa coast seasonally.

Over west African waters, this phenomenon occurs during the peak of monsoon season (JAS months) and leads to high tidal waves on the coast.
Bro its less of upwelling and down welling. yea they contribute (thermocline/thermohaline factor) but more of the factor I earlier elucidated
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:31am On Sep 18, 2015
shocked
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by Dekatron(m): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2015
Johnydon22, see o

where is that slowpoke that said this is a proof of God in the religion section?? Cc him oo.
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by johnydon22(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2015
Dekatron:
Johnydon22, see o

where is that slowpoke that said this is a proof of God in the religion section?? Cc him oo.

It is outstanding the level of lunacy religions can induce on their members, sometimes this one simple fact of bright minds being turned into simpletons because of beliefs saddens me.

The world is bustling with colour and majesty, beauty and wonder and outstanding chaotic phenomenons as well as serene calmness surround the world and the universe at large and from this one can be left in awe about the mystery the universe presents.

We can only be pushed by this wonder and awe to strive to know the workings of this wonders, the fabrics that makes this beauties glow and answers it can give us. This to me is the only way one can truly appreciate the beauty, diversity and wonders of the universe for what it really is.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by ndcide(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
koife:
Marine chemist, i wish to tender my short explaination sciemtifically as follows:
The sea water may appear as if they don't mix, they do. What u see is a phenomenon called thermohaline circulation, where sea water with different densities delineate vertically..... The mixing process is slow tho.2 WIND REGIME:
The wind movement in alaska depend on coriolis coupled with ekman force where different water stratas circulate horizontaly and virtically at angle 45°. Causing minimal homogenization of water bodies. This slow mixing is also dependent on first factor above. Wind is one factor that controls water mixing from 1-down to near 500m. From the pic u can see it a calmer sea...no turbulence, no wave with shoals.
3 LIGHT
What u see clearly as boundary is light back scattering/reflection incident on the water body. Water bodies with more salt (tot ion) will appear mor turbid there by impeding light penetration. So ions with different salts allow reflection of light favoring wavelength tending to blue in uv-vis band. The clearer water simply means less salt and deeper light penetration, compared the the darker side. Its been proven that white light penetration is highest for blue.
My explanation doesn't mean there is no God. its meant to de-mystify and buttress further on earlier premise that they do not mix.

Please do a control experiment with your factors in place and then show us a similar result. Your wind and light factors are not static.

1 Like

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by menesheh(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2015
koife:
3 LIGHT

Meme pic afix to your explanations = how do you know who commanded the water not to mix?
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by hahn(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2015
Dekatron:
Johnydon22, see o

You must be referring to 5minsmadness.
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by 5minsmadness: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2015
hahn:

You must be referring to 5minsmadness.
Thank you for inviting me to this thread grin
This is EXACTLY what I was talking about.
You atheists are a Sad lot.
Instead of admiring the beauty of this creation. You are here "bursting the myth in the picture".
Who asked u to burst it? Why not admire the awesomeness of nature for what it is?
You are so fixated in disproving God that you have no time to enjoy the wonders of nature, the beauty of creation. It's to go up and down bursting myths and doing your best to render ordinary the things that should naturally fill you with a sense of joy and euphoria. 'Amazing' is just another scientific explanation for you. What a bleak lot!

Wouldn't wanna be ya for anything grin Your view on life is most pitiful cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by hahn(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2015
5minsmadness:

Instead of admiring the beauty of this creation. You are here "bursting the myth in the picture".
Who asked u to burst it? Why not admire the awesomeness of nature for what it is?
You are so fixated in disproving God that you have no time to enjoy the wonders of nature, the beauty of creation. It's to go up and down bursting myths and doing your best to render ordinary the things that should naturally fill you with a sense of joy and euphoria. 'Amazing' is just another scientific explanation for you. What a bleak lot!

undecided
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by 5minsmadness: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

It is outstanding the level of lunacy religions can induce on their members, sometimes this one simple fact of bright minds being turned into simpletons because of beliefs saddens me.

[b]The world is bustling with colour and majesty, beauty and wonder and outstanding chaotic phenomenons as well as serene calmness surround the world and the universe at large and from this [size=18pt]one can be left in awe about the mystery the universe presents.[/size]

We can only be pushed by this wonder and awe to strive to know the workings of this wonders, the fabrics that makes this beauties glow and answers it can give us. This to me is the only way one can truly appreciate the beauty, diversity and wonders of the universe for what it really is.
[/b]

Haha nice try!

So you admit the universe holds mysteries? Wonders upon wonders! grin
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2015
5minsmadness:

What a sad tirade..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by johnydon22(m): 11:51am On Sep 18, 2015
5minsmadness:

Haha nice try!

So you admit the universe holds mysteries? Wonders upon wonders! grin
You keep proving to be quite a disappointment everyday, i wonder how your brain works or you don't even use it at all.

Mysteries are questions left unanswered and that is why we study, that is why we scrutinize, that is why we travel to space, that is why there are telescopes in space, satellites, space probes, curiosity rovers because man agree there is much to learn, they are fascinating things to discover and beautifully we are discovering and learning them bit by bit for what they really are.

Too bad you choose to subject and portray yourself out to be drastically lunatic in a public forum like this with the type of statements you present. .It's only a pity...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by johnydon22(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

What a sad tirade..
A huge pity it is seeing young minds exhibiting such simpleton traits. . embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by hahn(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:
A huge pity it is seeing young minds exhibiting such simpleton traits. . embarassed

He is only exhibiting the mediocre nature of most religious fanatics

Apparently, his 5mins of madness is not yet up grin
Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by johnydon22(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
hahn:

He is only exhibiting the mediocre nature of most religious fanatics

Apparently, his 5mins of madness is not yet up grin
I am beginning to agree that unfounded beliefs are dangerous to the intellectual growth of human kind.

One problem i have with religions is that it makes people comfortable with not knowing..

We don't know what makes a star, ok simply say "God did it" and forget how it actually happened..

If man continued thinking like this i wonder where the world would still have been now...

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bursting The Myth In The Picture Scientifically by hahn(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:
I am beginning to agree that unfounded beliefs are dangerous to the intellectual growth of human kind.

One problem i have with religions is that it makes people comfortable with not knowing..

We don't know what makes a star, ok simply say "God did it" and forget how it actually happened..

If man continued thinking like this i wonder where the world would still have been now...

Religion is like a double edged sword. It keeps the masses in check while suppressing their ability to reason for themselves while those who know the truth(pastors, imams etc) keep spreading the lies as they exploit the gullible.

Still working on my e-church grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

1500 Islamic Clerics Hired To Pray For Saraki / Alleged N15m Bribe: Prosecute Yobe REC, Fayose Tells Buhari / White Woman Claims Michael Jackson's Ghost Is The Father Of Her Baby (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.