Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (336346 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ofalu047(m): 8:51am On Dec 16, 2017
MrBigiman:

Done and aced bro.

Nice one! Are you thru with Plab 1 too?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MrBigiman: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2017
ofalu047:

Nice one! Are you thru with Plab 1 too?
Not yet.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ofalu047(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2017
MrBigiman:

Not yet.

Wch of them are you planning to write and when?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by djethrak: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Please I have loads of questions to ask but let me ask this first
I am still in medical school
What level should someone start pursuing USLME ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Danladi7:
The rate everyone is moving to U.K and US makes me scared.Hope the job market their will not be over saturated[s] couple with the fact that those countries also turn out their own doctors.[/s]
If you have plans for your future as a doctor, the U.S is the place to be. Many of my colleagues are there. I studied medical physiology tho.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ebsuguy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hello All, I recently took the USMLE step one and I am willing to help in anyway I can for free. I also have the USMLE materials for sale. It is made up of Kaplan,Dr Najeeb, first aid, uworld and NBMEs.

Send a mail if interested or WhatsApp 08160173326

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ebsuguy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
djethrak:
Please I have loads of questions to ask but let me ask this first
I am still in medical school
What level should someone start pursuing USLME ??

You are eligible to take step one and 2ck after completing one clinical year.So you can write in 500l.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by soliq55(m): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hi everyone,
Does anyone knows the location of the April 2018 MDCN exam?

Thanks.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by hagiosfemi(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2018
ebsuguy:

You are eligible to take step one and 2ck after completing one clinical year.So you can write in 500l.
You mean I can write step 1 immediately after path pharm Mb? Sir, what about the financial cost and prep?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ebsuguy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2018
Yes,you can. Details of the financial cost is available at the USMLE website, usmle.org. Regarding preparation,you can contact me via WhatsApp.

hagiosfemi:

You mean I can write step 1 immediately after path pharm Mb? Sir, what about the financial cost and prep?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by practicalclass: 1:06am On Jan 09, 2018
hagiosfemi:

As of today, Step 1 now cost $910 as well as step 2ck. This is minus the initial ecfmg registration (last i know if, it was $65) and whatever money you pay to your school to verify you.
Books for prep vary as well as qbanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Penboy: 2:10am On Jan 09, 2018
ebsuguy:
Yes,you can. Details of the financial cost is available at the USMLE website, usmle.org. Regarding preparation,you can contact me via WhatsApp.

How far boss.
I fit get your WhatsApp contact?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ebsuguy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
#

Penboy:

How far boss.
I fit get your WhatsApp contact?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 4:31am On Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys. It's been a while in here kiss
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 4:32am On Jan 10, 2018
IELTS, PLAB1, PLAB2 done. cool Now job hunting...

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 4:44am On Jan 10, 2018
@ Orthodude - Sorry I'm just seeing your PM. I haven't been in here in a long while. Since its been a long time, I'm sure whatever queries you had has been resolved..
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 4:51am On Jan 10, 2018
rugged7:
There is no hard and fast rule about this stuff...
Of course people can pass it by just watching videos and not being in the u.k
BUT, not everybody is as sharp as you.
And i promise you, those swammy lessons are very useful
And u do practice sessions with one on one with swammy or people who have recently passed the plab
To me, i would advice anybody to at least do a minimum of 2 week prep at swammy/samson b4 the plab2
It will save u money and heartache later
Clinical attachment sharply- apply barnsley NHS or sheffield
Meanwhile, any female doctors interested in marrying male doctors, or vice versa, let me know too.
I link u up.

quality dey marry quality...chikena
Spec o! make una no fall my hand
No Dulling

Is the offer in bold still available? smiley
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famzynet: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Medic98:

Wow! Congrats. Please any advice for us about the PLAB 2? Is it a scary exam? Can attending the tutorial for just 2 weeks and writing the exam in 1 week time be ok to pass for someone that has just one month work leave for everything? What is your opinion of one using PLabright because of their sponsorship? I am writing Plab 1 in march but I know its going to be a walkover for me cos I know exams I can easily pass by just glancing through few past questions. My major concern is Plab 2 since I don't know much about how to prepare for it and I will be taking it this year.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
famzynet:

Wow! Congrats.
Thanks! kiss

famzynet:

Please any advice for us about the PLAB 2?
I think what you need to know about plab 2 is that it has a very very high pass rate especially amongst Nigerians, as long as you attend an academy and you have the determination to pass. In my opinion, if you went through medical school without too many issues, you shouldn't have a problem with passing the exam.

famzynet:

Is it a scary exam?
Lol. Honestly, it can be scary, before the exam especially if you don't have too much time to prepare, during the exam, just like any other oral exam where you have the examiner directly in front of you watching every move of yours and listening to every statement, and after the exam while waiting for the results, but trust me, you'll do just fine! wink

famzynet:

Can attending the tutorial for just 2 weeks and writing the exam in 1 week time be ok to pass for someone that has just one month work leave for everything?

Yes. I know a lot of Nigerians who did this. Academy for 2weeks and internalization of the material for one week. It's difficult, don't get me wrong, but very possible. You'd just have to begin studying the material from day 1. You may not have any time to enjoy the UK while you're there for the exams 'cos you should be spending most of your time studying and practicing. It's doable. Lots of people have done it. You can do it. It's all about the adrenaline bro! Having said that, I think the ideal time would be 2weeks for the academy and 3weeks for study and practise. That's just my opinion. I'm sure you know that people are different...

famzynet:

What is your opinion of one using PLabright because of their sponsorship? I am writing Plab 1 in march but I know its going to be a walkover for me cos I know exams I can easily pass by just glancing through few past questions. My major concern is Plab 2 since I don't know much about how to prepare for it and I will be taking it this year.
Hmnn, Plabright. Well, plabright is advantageous because of the sponsorship they offer but from what I heard from a friend who used them, they focus majorly on teaching communication skills while they give you all the past questions that have been asked so far in the exam for you to do your own research on how best to answer them. In contrast, the other academies tend to teach you not only communication skills, but also every topic concerning every single question that has been asked in the past as well as how to answer them. So what most of those who attend plabright do is that they get materials from colleagues attending other academies and read up on their own without the privilege of having listened to explanations on those materials. I know a few Nigerians who used plabright and passed without issues so it's not bad. It all depends on the individual. In your case, it's a little bit tricky since you don't have a lot of time. What I would advise is that you can get the most recent plab 2 materials as soon as you pass plab1 so that you can begin familiarising yourself with the stations before you go for the academy. That way, you give yourself a head start and wouldn't feel the impact of the short time you have that much. Having said all that, I may not be the best person to talk about plabright since I didn't attend the academy. You can find out from other peeps as well. Hope this helps.smiley I wish you all the best kiss

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Penboy: 2:17am On Jan 11, 2018
Medic98:
Wow.. Congrats.
How's over there?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famzynet: 3:58am On Jan 11, 2018
Medic98:

Thanks! kiss

I think what you need to know about plab 2 is that it has a very very high pass rate especially amongst Nigerians, as long as you attend an academy and you have the determination to pass. In my opinion, if you went through medical school without too many issues, you shouldn't have a problem with passing the exam.

Lol. Honestly, it can be scary, before the exam especially if you don't have too much time to prepare, during the exam, just like any other oral exam where you have the examiner directly in front of you watching every move of yours and listening to every statement, and after the exam while waiting for the results, but trust me, you'll do just fine! wink

Yes. I know a lot of Nigerians who did this. Academy for 2weeks and internalization of the material for one week. It's difficult, don't get me wrong, but very possible. You'd just have to begin studying the material from day 1. You may not have any time to enjoy the UK while you're there for the exams 'cos you should be spending most of your time studying and practicing. It's doable. Lots of people have done it. You can do it. It's all about the adrenaline bro! Having said that, I think the ideal time would be 2weeks for the academy and 3weeks for study and practise. That's just my opinion. I'm sure you know that people are different...

Hmnn, Plabright. Well, plabright is advantageous because of the sponsorship they offer but from what I heard from a friend who used them, they focus majorly on teaching communication skills while they give you all the past questions that have been asked so far in the exam for you to do your own research on how best to answer them. In contrast, the other academies tend to teach you not only communication skills, but also every topic concerning every single question that has been asked in the past as well as how to answer them. So what most of those who attend plabright do is that they get materials from colleagues attending other academies and read up on their own without the privilege of having listened to explanations on those materials. I know a few Nigerians who used plabright and passed without issues so it's not bad. It all depends on the individual. In your case, it's a little bit tricky since you don't have a lot of time. What I would advise is that you can get the most recent plab 2 materials as soon as you pass plab1 so that you can begin familiarising yourself with the stations before you go for the academy. That way, you give yourself a head start and wouldn't feel the impact of the short time you have that much. Having said all that, I may not be the best person to talk about plabright since I didn't attend the academy. You can find out from other peeps as well. Hope this helps.smiley I wish you all the best kiss

@Medic98, thanks a lot for your explanations. They are really very helpful and comforting. I wish you all the best in your job hunt. I'm glad that you are now in the easiest part of the whole process as I am made to understand that jobs abound and its a matter of one making choice of city,pay and how convenient. Good luck.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 4:37am On Jan 11, 2018
Penboy:

Wow.. Congrats.
How's over there?
Thanks. I'm currently in Nigeria
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 4:41am On Jan 11, 2018
famzynet:

@Medic98, thanks a lot for your explanations. They are really very helpful and comforting. I wish you all the best in your job hunt. I'm glad that you are now in the easiest part of the whole process as I am made to understand that jobs abound and its a matter of one making choice of city,pay and how convenient. Good luck.
You're welcome. I'm glad it helps. Yeah, true @ job availability. Thanks.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MrBigiman: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2018
Medic98:

You're welcome. I'm glad it helps. Yeah, true @ job availability. Thanks.

Thanks chief. What are the best question banks for Plab1. I have gone thru the 1707 questions, Sampson's 7mocks. Which other will you advice. Thanks.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
Good day. Is it realistic to aim for residency in a foreign country (I'm focused on the US but can change my mind) when you're not very high on finances. I can afford the 3 steps of USMLE but are there any other fees i would be expected to pay? The cost of living?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

Thanks chief. What are the best question banks for Plab1. I have gone thru the 1707 questions, Sampson's 7mocks. Which other will you advice. Thanks.
You're welcome chief. If you've gone through those, I believe you are fine. Going through the 1700+ questions only is enough to pass plab 1 in my opinion. The extra materials only give an extra boost to your score. For more materials, you can check out the PLAB group on facebook and you can also join various plab whatsapp groups. Lots of materials are usually shared in such groups. There are several Swamy mocks available as well. I wish you all the best bro!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MrBigiman: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
Medic98:

You're welcome chief. If you've gone through those, I believe you are fine. Going through the 1700+ questions only is enough to pass plab 1 in my opinion. The extra materials only give an extra boost to your score. For more materials, you can check out the PLAB group on facebook and you can also join various plab whatsapp groups. Lots of materials are usually shared in such groups. There are several Swamy mocks available as well. I wish you all the best bro!

Many thanks. Did u have to go thru Plabable question bank too?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famzynet: 8:47am On Jan 19, 2018
MrBigiman:

I think you are good to go with those. I am yet to even go through the 1700 mcq and I already feel it is an exam I will pass. I' m just after crossing the pass mark.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by igbowarrior4way(m): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
Medic98:

[
Medic98:

quote author=Medic98 post=64085262]
Thanks. I'm currently in Nigeria[/quote]

Well done medic98, when do you intend to do your registration? and is it better to move to uk to job hunt? (Though for me am not sure of anyone to stay with).Just, as am starting on the journey myself, and new here, and could use some help on the order of things. Cheers boss.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MrBigiman: 12:54am On Jan 20, 2018
famzynet:

I think you are good to go with those. I am yet to even go through the 1700 mcq and I already feel it is an exam I will pass. I' m just after crossing the pass mark.

God help us. The country don tire boys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.