Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? (1891 Views)

Is Washing Your Girlfriend's Clothes An Act Of Love Or Foolishness? (Photos) / Is This Love Or Foolishness? / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dekatron(m): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
Okay. So, I was just chilling at home some months ago. My brother told me :- JULIET GAVE BIRTH. I was like :- Its a lie. Juliet?
Who is juliet?

She is my agemate & my crush then. They lived around our house then with their mom. Always clean and strict mum, she was/is a prophet. Hearing that Juliet could get pregnant came as a shock. This girl do tease me 5 years ago, always seducing me (13) that my member would rise and all.

Now, she is a single mom. I was wondering this night that, most single moms, is it by error or by foolishness?

Can you as a guy marry (nt just date) a single mom?

Yes, I can. I don't care if she gave birth. Infact, I will adopt a child. Its the character. Alot of virgins and non single moms are actually vipers.

Ladies, ARE SINGLE MOMS MAINLY FOOLISH OR WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF?

PS :- I am not a romance freak, but its my thought that I put here.
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by jamex93(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Na 50/50
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by talentedjoe(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Some were foolish and some were taken advantage of.Hope I've balanced it fr u...
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by yomi007k(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
Its the Devils work grin
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by donholy28(m): 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
Two of my primary school classmates re now mothers...to me,I think its foolishness
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dekatron(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
But this girl's mom is DISCIPLINE/STRICTNESS/WICKEDNESS PERSONIFIED. It couldn't havw been an error
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by lilmax(m): 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by johnydon22(m): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2015

I can marry any girl even if she is a single mom.

Many of these women are just victims of misused emotions and this betrayal leans towards the male counterpart because if the guy who impregnates a girl owns up to his deeds they wouldn't be much single mums.

To me i see it as no foolishness..

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dhorkars(f): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nowadays Na Baby mama dey wan do, Na complete FOOLISHNESS
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by MRBrownJ: 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
@Dekatron
what about if LIFE happened?! does it have to be either foolishness or being taken advantage of?!
- what about drifting apart as a couple (emotionally, physically and spiritually) and therefore having the mutual agreement to separate?

if the person is RIGHT for me, i would even marry a mother of 10
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by limamintruth: 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Dekatron:
Okay. So, I was just chilling at home some months ago. My brother told me :- JULIET GAVE BIRTH. I was like :- Its a lie. Juliet?
Who is juliet?

She is my agemate & my crush then. They lived around our house then with their mom. Always clean and strict mum, she was/is a prophet. Hearing that Juliet could get pregnant came as a shock. This girl do tease me 5 years ago, always seducing me (13) that my member would rise and all.

Now, she is a single mom. I was wondering this night that, most single moms, is it by error or by foolishness?

Can you as a guy marry (nt just date) a single mom?

Yes, I can. I don't care if she gave birth. Infact, I will adopt a child. Its the character. Alot of virgins and non single moms are actually vipers.

Ladies, ARE SINGLE MOMS MAINLY FOOLISH OR WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF?

PS :- I am not a romance freak, but its my thought that I put here.

It can be as a result of either foo.lishness(a.k.a foo.lish love) or error; and it can also be as a result of both.

However, since the deed has already been done; single moms need more of our encouragement & support than our criticisms & condemnation.
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by grad2012(f): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2015
May be error or foolishesness no matter wat it is dey deserve to be happy too and dey are wonderful women with great luv so I don't tink ders anything wrong with dating dem.
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by hidee20(m): 12:11am On Sep 19, 2015
I won't term it as an ERROR because most of them weren't raped and all of them decided to keep the pregnancy neither will I say it is FOOLISHNESS because abortion is a sin(my opinion),I think it's a decision that they make and are willingly to stand by it damming all consequence....

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Glowstone(m): 12:37am On Sep 19, 2015
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> joke section
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 19, 2015
Neither error nor foolishness; largely choice.
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 19, 2015
No be mistake, make we gyrate makan makan loye nkan make we jubilate Its me dey celebrate join me and jubilate no be mistake ooo eeeh Nobe mistake ooh eeh .... grin
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
No be mistake, make we gyrate makan makan loye nkan make we jubilate Its me dey celebrate join me and jubilate no be mistake ooo eeeh Nobe mistake ooh eeh .... grin
i told you to stop drinking expired teem at night grin

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by menix(m): 1:31am On Sep 19, 2015
If it happens that the gal is 20yrs below = error..

But wen u see those producing for 2baba, falvour, wizkid, davido etc that wan nah complete FOOLISHNESS Infact add 7 more 'S'...
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by delectablegyal(f): 1:40am On Sep 19, 2015
Error, No be foolishness. Na the pikin abi na foetus una dey call am, na Im no wan go. Them go don try different contraceptives but the foetus refuse to flush. As e no wan go, dem go leave am na and bear the shame.
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Many of these women are just victims of misused emotions and this betrayal leans towards the male counterpart because if the guy who impregnates a girl owns up to his deeds they wouldn't be much single mums.

bros all your comments just dey make sense pass orga*** lol. I just dey like ur comments like kilode. Keep educating dem bro. So many misconceptions abt how to live life. We wud Definitely bring dem out from d shackles of religion, hypocrisy, caste system, ignorance, etc. Keep it up bro. D god of noodles and jollof rice will definitely reward you.(Lol)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dekatron(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2015
Dhorkars:
Nowadays Na Baby mama dey wan do, Na complete FOOLISHNESS

don't you think its an error?

A female nairalander here is a single mom (cherry.ice). It wasnt her fault.
Miss Dorcas, how can you say that?
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dekatron(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2015
delectablegyal:
Error, No be foolishness. Na the pikin abi na foetus una dey call am, na Im no wan go. Them go don try different contraceptives but the foetus refuse to flush. As e no wan go, dem go leave am na and bear the shame.

lol. . . I don't get it
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Nitefury: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2015
Dekatron:
But this girl's mom is DISCIPLINE/STRICTNESS/WICKEDNESS PERSONIFIED. It couldn't havw been an error

Children/Teenagers/Youth/People will at several points in life make decisions of their own that wouldn't be a reflection of the kind of upbringing they get at the home front. Reason you hear stuffs like pastors children are the worst etc. The best parents/guardians can do is to advice their children/wards.

Back to the topic, i wouldn't call it foolishness. I'll call it carelessness. While I wouldn't put the responsibility of safe sex on only the girl, she takes a larger percentage of the blame because she has more to lose in an event of pregnancy.

Once a cousin staying with us got pregnant. She was in her second or third year. Her elder sister was also around and both of them secured the services of one fella like that for an abortion. No one knew what happened until a few days later she collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. The doctor (her dad and mom's cousin) now told mom what's happened.

Mind you, the number sin in my home is missing prayers/church, but the only thing she asked my cousin is "So at your age you cannot protect yourself from HIV?"

I didn't get the question then, because i expected her to reproach my cousin for going against her teachings how the bible frowns against people engaging in premarital sex, abortion and all that ish.

It was years later i understood what she meant was that the result of my cousin's carelessness with regards to safe sex could have been worse than just pregnancy. And from experience, an alarming number of girls do not care about protection. They surprisingly encourage their partners not to use one. Not as of they are on pills or something.

As for marriage, i honestly will love to avoid the drama of having to deal with the child's father or his people later. Someone like Fani Kayode comes to mind. But al things being equal, i can marry a single mom

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dekatron(m): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2015
johnydon22:

yes. Me too. Sometimes, I look at people discriminating and see that they reek of foolishness.

The other thread abt wedding night excitement bla bla bla that if the woman is not a virgin, it is funless. I think my wedding night wouldn't necessarily be sex. It would be time to savor the joy of starting a family, of being on my way to be a family man. But all people think of is :- SEX.

Likewise the issue of single moms. If she makes me happy & I love her, Why not? Cos she has a child? No, I dnt think so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by pet4ril(f): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2015
I think they are better off than the ladies that have committed 3 abortions and above and still claiming sisi
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dekatron(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2015
Nitefury:

Children/Teenagers/Youth/People will at several points in life make decisions of their own that wouldn't be a reflection of the kind of upbringing they get at the home front. Reason you hear stuffs like pastors children are the worst etc. The best parents/guardians can do is to advice their children/wards.

Back to the topic, i wouldn't call it foolishness. I'll call it carelessness. While I wouldn't put the blame
Mr Fury,

I understand that the woman do scold the girls. Did I tell you that my Immediate elder brother dated her immediate sister?

But the question your comment begs is that :- HOW?

I was chatting with a female friend on whatsapp JUST YESTERDAY. She told me a 14 year old said she is pregnant that my friend should help her. I told my friend that if it were to be me, I would give my daughter condom when I see that she is getting exposed to Coitus. She said :- YOU ARE A BAD FATHER.

How then, should a father do that I wouldn't do?
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by passionate88: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2015
Foolishness.
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Nitefury: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2015
Dekatron:

Mr Fury,

I understand that the woman do scold the girls. Did I tell you that my Immediate elder brother dated her immediate sister?

But the question your comment begs is that :- HOW?

I was chatting with a female friend on whatsapp JUST YESTERDAY. She told me a 14 year old said she is pregnant that my friend should help her. I told my friend that if it were to be me, I would give my daughter condom when I see that she is getting exposed to Coitus. She said :- YOU ARE A BAD FATHER.

How then, should a father do that I wouldn't do?

A friend once had an abortion for another friend at 16. Years later when we were talking about it, she blamed it on her parents. She claimed they didn't love her or give her what she wanted and so she was easily deceived by the "goodies" my friend gave her and all. According to her she wasn't close to her mother to confide in her about what was happening to her body. In a nutshell, her mom gave her no sex education

Although i listened to her, i just felt she was just making excuses for her subsequent wayward lifestyle. So i asked her, "Will you consider yourself a failure if your daughter despite all what you do ends up pregnant at 16?"

In answering the question myself, it boils down to what i mentioned in my previous comment, children will always make their own decisions in life.

About giving my children condom, you have a point, but I'm still a bit of an old school brought up. So the best I can do is give them their first and best sex education at home. I won't wait for them to get that in JSS2 during Integrated/Basic Science or Home Economics classes.

My mom is a nurse of about 30 years and heads one of these departments dealing with HIV/AIDS prevention programs. She brings cartons of condoms home back then, but never did she give one piece to anyone of us.
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Dhorkars(f): 9:54am On Sep 19, 2015
Dekatron:

don't you think its an error?

A female nairalander here is a single mom (cherry.ice). It wasnt her fault.
Miss Dorcas, how can you say that?
Sorry never knew a single mom was here, but honestly it depends it is dos victim of rape, I can say error apart from dat no other person should be classified as error, but let thank God, dey never aborted because it is going to be another sin against God
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Fool foool fooool shhhnessss
Re: Single Mothers :- Error Or Foolishness? by eyinjuege: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2015
Some pregnancies are mistakes
Some are actually PLANNED by the single women.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pleas Help Me, Am I In Love Or Insane? / How Do You Handle A Gf Who Never Makes The First Call For Reconciliaton / Simple Ways To Win His Heart As A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.