Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (78884 Views)

Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations / I Was Paid To Lie Against Pastor T. B. Joshua; Bisola Johnson. / Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Hndholder(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2005
Just human tricks like GSM network with radio base. Miracles, magnetic healing etc are just acts like Magic. They are never signs to Heaven.

showing your skill on them does not mean you are save

The GATE of hell is open to all with false teachings.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2005
'They speak evil about what they do not unuderstand...whose end is destruction'

If Jesus never spat on the ground to heal a blid man and i did it and got a man healed, u will call me a devil. BE CAREFUL.

... i cast out devils myself and i know how they could respond..... they can move in the direction of your hand wherever u send them when they are under your authority.

Let God teach u.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Hndholder(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2005
By their fruit we shall know then, What ever you sow you reap.

GOD alone is HOLY I will praise him for ever.

Some churches are actually HOSPITAL those that have need for it will go there.
Birds of thesame feather flocks together.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2005
Mr. HND-holder

God alone is Holy...TRUE. But He has given us of His Holiness and righteousness free of Charge...by the blood of Christ. So as new creations in Christ , we have recieved His free gift of righteousness and we have put on His holiness even as we put on Christ.

2cor 5:21
" For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

Rom 5:17.
"If, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ"

Now we are taking advantage of that rigteousness to reign over sickness, disease, satan and all the forces of Hell.

Jesus' ministry was also a hospital for the wounded, sick, cast down and broken hearted. He said to his disciples,"heal the sick, cast out devils...freely you recieved, freely give".

Matthew 9:12
But when he heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick".  He is the master Physician.

He does not only heal the soul of sin, but he heals our bodies of sickness and disease.

Isiah 53 :5
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed."

Even though we do not preach healing, as long as it is the messsage of the living christ, His power follows our message and there will of necessity be healings and miracles. Because He will confirm His Word with signs following... to prove that He sent us.

So if it is the true message of Christ you are preaching and He sent you, you will see miracles.

Heb 10:38,39
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things... "

This is what the annointing of the Holy Ghost is for. This is the ministry of Jesus...

Lk 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord"

That is what etenal life is all about... you cannot recieve that life and remain sick or broke. This is the very life and nature of God!

1John 5:11
" And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life."

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Hndholder(m): 10:11am On Sep 27, 2005
Seek first the Kingdom of GOD evry other things shall be added on to thee. The truth shall set u free.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Farriel(m): 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2005
Hmm, Pastor Donnie, I have a strong feeling that you're a Pastor in Synagogue.

The thing with this discussion is, it's easy to say what you believe. But since there is no way to "prove" whether this man is of the devil or God, I think there's no point in trying hard to change people's views about what they believe.

I once had a crash course on the Theory of Knowledge and I can point out some flawed logics in your posts so far, but that shouldn't be necessary. But at least there's no knowledge until unversally agreed upon, and since your opinion about this man's status is positive, then that should be yours.

I personally believe he's not of God, like many others, but you have such strong views about him and make such sweeping statements that I can't help but wonder. But you see, making statements like that wont convince a lot of people otherwise.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2005
If you saw me praying with my eyes closed you will not wonder and call me fake because you most probably do the same things.

The miracles you see him perform are not new to me 'cos i see the same in my ministry.

I do not have to be a member of His church to stand and speak for TRUTH!

i've never met the man....i've never even been to his church.

It is better to speak for than to speak againt especially when you do not understand a thing. If you speak for you will only be following your master Jesus but if you speak aginst , you are at the risk of judgement.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Hndholder(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2005
F a k e

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2005
Acts 5:33-40

"When they heard this they were enraged and wanted to kill them. 34 But a Pharisee in the council named Gama'li-el, a teacher of the law, held in honor by all the people, stood up and ordered the men to be put outside for a while. 35 And he said to them, "Men of Israel, take care what you do with these men. 36 For before these days Theu'das arose, giving himself out to be somebody, and a number of men, about four hundred, joined him; but he was slain and all who followed him were dispersed and came to nothing. 37 After him Judas the Galilean arose in the days of the census and drew away some of the people after him; he also perished, and all who followed him were scattered. 38 So in the present case I tell you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this undertaking is of men, it will fail; 39 but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You might even be found opposing God!" 40 So they took his advice..."

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2005
This is the example of Jesus:

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Will u rather be like Jesus or Like your fellows who have neither the character of christ nor the fullness of his spirit.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2005
A word they say, is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Hndholder(m): 8:24am On Sep 29, 2005
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue
« #19 on: July 18, 2005, 09:02 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here  Simon was regarded as Man of God for great miracles.....  Act 8 
11     And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
16     (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17     Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18     And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19     Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20     But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21     Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 24
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

EVEN if jesus christ returns today some will kill him again.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Farriel(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2005
This is becoming too heated, and I foresee Donnie damning some people to hell in the near future. IMO, this topic should be closed.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by kamakula: 4:12am On Oct 04, 2005
i know nothing of this man.

I do know that just because someone has learned to speak better, doesn't mean they are a good person. Angels and devils are two sides of the same coin - both have tongues that can sound very sweet to the ear.

If lots of ministers refuse to accept him, there is probably a very big problem. I'm not saying that all of them are right, but if my pastor tells me that the entire southern baptist conference say so and so should not be accepted as a preacher - I will listen to my pastor.

If you have 500 preachers against you - either you are doing something wrong or 500 preachers are doing something worng. Seeing that nobody is accusing the ministers of being frauds, I'm guessing mr tb joshua is the one with the problem.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by silverbird(f): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2005
People who goes to his church believes he is a man of God. Do you think that it is everybody that believes that Pst. Chris Oyakhilome and Okotie are Men of God. Some people still doubt them especially the miracles of Pst. Chris Oyakhilome.
It is in the Bible ' thou shall not judge'. It is only God that know who is serving him truly. Like an adage, "all lizards lie on their stomach, therfore we cannot identify the one with stomach ache".
I also see reason with other people who do not think his powers are from God. The bible says "my spirit bears witness with yours that you are achild of God".
One thing is this, how is your relationship with that same God that you can be able to differenciate the power of God and that of the devil. " Judge not so that you will not be jugded", the Bible says.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by kamakula: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2005
Like I said, I don't know that much about the situation.

If there are only two pastors who don't like him. . . then why all this discussion that pastor A and pastor B don't like pastor C? Isn't this childish?
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Farriel(m): 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2005
IMO, it isn't childish. But should be discontinued all the same.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by SirKay3(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2005
We are in the last days as said by the bible, so many things are happening in Christiandom. Let's pray that God leads us not into the hands of false prophets, who come in sheep clothing but are ravening wolves inwardly.

Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. Dont condemn the man but pray that God should open the spiritual eyes of us all in this world to know the truth and allow the truth to perfect the work of being set free in our lives.

Heaven is a sweet place, I'ld never allow a preacher to mislead me by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2005
Sir Kay,

For sure you are acquinted with the teachings of Jesus and sound doctrine. That is the right attitude to have. No one who has  been exposed to the truth of Gods Word and the guidiance of the holy Spirit can be decieved. At least, not for too long.

You may decieve a true christian for a while but not for too long...because the Spirit in Him will soon reveal falsehood and He will be set free.

Because He is the Spirit of Truth and  He dwells in the heart of the believer who recieves Him and allows himself to be  taught by Him through God's Word.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Pelastunko: 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2005
I don't understand people who are so afraid of to say anything bad about people if they just sometimes use words like Jesus or God or Bible. angry Like this Pastor Joshua... Even the most brainless man in the world can see, that he has nothing to do with the Christianity. He is pure evil, and because of you you dear bro's and sis's who will not deny his holiness many people will be deceived by his hands and tricks. Which is worse; you tell your friends to judge his teaching by the Word and be careful with him, or you just ignore everything and let people'll be misleaded in the case everything is not as it should be... There is the power of God and power of Satan. One of those is of good, I won't tell which it is though, you can think about it by yourself. shocked  I'm sure it's not an unforgivable sin to enlighten people.

adeoye2000 wrote pretty good in the previous page... I can agree him.

Use even your brains if you don't have the gift of discerning of spirits!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2005
Why this man of God afterall,  it is just bc of the outdtsanding mirscles he performs. Because i listen to Him and i get blessed each time i do so. I will rather listen to him than any preacher who is only displaying his natural ability in oratory or his gift of gab. With such teachings i am very careful, because they do not have that touch of the spirit in them...all they have to give is sense knowledge. This kind of preaching kills.

Afterall, even those who are accepted by the christian body in our country have only the testimony that they told us , "we are christtians " as the only proof. Nobody follows them home to confirm their claims or to see how they live.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2005
We are still waiting for you to show us the true power of God. Let us see you heal the sick and cast out devils with a single word as Jesus did. Then we will believe you. Let us see you open blind eyes and unstop deaf ears in the name of Jesus....

Put on your light and the darkness will be dispelled. Until you are ready to show us the true signs and wonders like Jesus told us, keep your theology and criticism to yourself and let the kingdom move forward.

I have a question to ask...is there another Jesus by whom blind eyes are opened and by whom deaf ears are unstopped? Anyone who says there is is lying to you for there is no other Jesus by whom demons are cast out. Don't be decieved.

Those who lack power with God because of their refusal to walk in total obedience and submission are looking for an excuse for their powerlessness. Well they are on their own because some of us are already basking in the power and glory of God.

When you will not fast and pray, and walk in love, how do you expect to see miracles. Many go into ministry for personal aggrandisement, and so cannot follow Jesus with absolute trust and reckless abbandon... and we know them, because there is a limit to how far they will go.

Many still have envy in their hearts and so cannot know the power and presence of The Mighty Spirit Of God!

Talking about common sense, common sense should make you wonder what kind of false prophet will preach the message of Jesus with so much simplicity and power, demonstrate so much love and kindness, lead many into the kingdom of God and empower many around the world for grater evangelism. That should be a very fooolish false prophet. Spending his time and resources building God's kinmgdom.

Common sense should tell you, for how long many in the Christian body in Nigeria have been fighting this man of God. Many have been binding him in their daily prayers. Seminers and conventions have been organised against him and his ministry, yet, the more they oppose him, the greater and more annointed he becomes, and the broker and less annointed his detractors become. Does that not tell you that they just might not be fighting a man but God Himself? Many had prophesied his doom but time has prooved them liars.

We know who the false prophets are, those who will not wait to hear God speak before they speak. Those who walk and speak according to their senses and not according to God's word. As they speak, we know them. Those who use church money for themselves. Those who trust in their natural talents and abilities and not in the power of almighty God.  It dosnt matter how many come against the truth, truth will always prevail.

Jesus hath said, "... for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.  For he that is not against us is on our part."

So learn from the master.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Pelastunko: 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2005
I think one time is enough, especially if you talk bullshit. lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by joshjosh(m): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2005
brother donnie

this should not be new to you. people especially religious folks have always ganged up to prevent true light from reaching the masses.

what a better way to have more victims and keep people in bondage than for a group of 500 people to say we dont believe one of us is the genuine article when they themselves cannot tell us how they came into the ministry. i am shocked that they had the cheek to make the statement but religious people dont supprise me because they always protect their interest ie clients and their cashflow.

i bet the almighty dont even know about 90% of the 500 because He didn't call them in the first place but nigeria being nigeria any one can open a sign board and say they this man of God and if they see anyone threatening their work by miracles label them as false.

Jesus is Lord. whoever is following Jesus have no business pulling down one of His servants

GOD bless ignoramus nigerians following leaders going no where but plssssssss put your own pastor under the same spot light you put this man.

i dont atttend joshua's church
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2005
True talk Joshjosh,

The truth still stands, those who claim to be preachers and do not have the necessary credentails: signs wonders and mighty miracles, ARE NOT CALLED. THEY WENT! ...with all due respect pls.

Because God always backs up the claims of those he sends with signs, wonders and miracles.

Now i know some religious folks are ready to come up with their usual excuse: "the bible says that in the last days false prophets shall arise...."

We know that already, you do not need to remind us. [b]The truth still remains that if you do not have the necessary credentials, you are not called![/b]And by this, i do not mean unnecessary noise making, shouting or conductiing of deliverance services where people are beaten up in the name of casting out devils with no results.I mean genuine miracles. 

2 Corinthians 12:12 - Truly the signs of an apostle(a sent one) were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. 

1 Corinthians 2:4

" and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power"

1 Corinthians 4:20 -" For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power. " 

Rom 1:4
"And declared to be the Son of God with power..."

He was declared to be God's son with power...not with great Words!

So stop hiding behind the obvious fact that there are false prophets around.  wink
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by joshjosh(m): 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2005
so true because most of these so called churches are just talk and hyping of the people. because our lovely people are keyed into get rich quick mentality every gospel that says get money is not questioned.

what i say to every critic of this man is go to the hospital with your pastor and heal just ten people in the name of Christ and see what Christ power looks like.

talk is cheap especially critical talk against something you have no clue about.

the masses are suffering and some people answer to it is creat division amongst the family. my church is better than yours church. God help us
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2005
You see that's the problem with Nigerians. They fight to destroy anything that is good. They think that anything that seems good in our country must have some  deciet or some fraud in it. They think there must be something the man of God stands to gain (financially or otherwise) in what he is doing. They  do not rely on the inspirationof the Holy Spirit.

See how christians of other nations embrace the man. See how much they are  blessed by him. The white people always praise and support what is good. They do not seek to destroy good things. That is why they prosper always.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by prettyH(f): 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2005
na wa o , pple are just speaking grammar and taking things personal over someone who is enjoying himself. pls lets leave this sensitive issue alone cos it'll cause more arguments
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by SirKay3(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2005
May God help us all
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2005
Amen
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by teeluv05(m): 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2005
[b[i]]HUN-HUN,I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG WILL AFRICAN UNITE AND APPRECIATE WAT THEY HAVE.HOW WILL THE PPLE T.B.JOSHUA TRAVEL TO THEIR COUNTRY AND WELCOME HIM LIKE A KING FEEL HEARING T.B.JOSHUA'S PPLE TALKING ABOUT HIM NOW?YOU'LL HARDLY SEE PPLE OVER THERE BRINGING THEIR PPLE DOWN AS WE AFRICAN'S DO.THEY ALWAYS APPRECIATE WHAT THEY HAVE.WELL,I HAVE ATTENDED SYNAGOGUE CHURCH FOR ALMOST THREE TIMES JUZT TO SEE THINGS MYSELF,AND I WAS CONVINCED BY VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TO BE MAN OF GOD.EVEN IF HE'S NOT MAN OF GOD,WHO AM I TO JUDGE?

AT 1ST INSTANCE,THIS KINDA ARGUMENT OR DEBATE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN RAISED.THOUGH,AM NOT YET A GOOD CHRISTAIN COS I DON'T USE 2 GO 2 CHURCH OFTEN.BUT,I HAVE BIG REGARDS FOR WATEVER BELONGS TO GOD.MY ADVICE TO PPLE IS TO ALWYS MIND THEIR BIZ ESPECIALLY WEN TALKIN ABOUT ANNOINTED MAN OF GOD.

AM IN LUV WIT T.B.JOSHUA,AND AM READY TO DEFEND HIM EVEN WIT MY LIFE.COS I WAS CRYING THE 1ST DAY I WAS AT HIS CHURCH WEN I SAW PPLE WIT DIFF KINDA AILMENTS.IF U CAN'T BELIEVE HE CURES HIV,HOW ABOUT AILMENTS U CAN SEE PHYSICALLY?I HAD A SENIOR FRIEND OF MINE WHO WAS CURED BY THIS MAN IN QUESTION OF A STRANGE AILMENT.T.B.JOSHUA IS A MAN OF GOD.[/b][/i]
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by prettyH(f): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2005
na wa o, wahala dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 / Is Jesus God? / Shocking Predictions For 2016 By Joshua Iginla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.