Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? (747 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive, What Do I Do? (FEEDBACK) / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by kelvinnile(m): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
Recently i was having this feverish feeling, so i decided to go for treatment in one of the hospitals around. On getting there i was told that a test has to be run on me to diagnose what was realy wrong with me, i was also told that it is advisible for me to also do an Hiv test. 'how could you even think such thing?' i ask ed the nurse, then she politely answered me and say 'young man, it  is just for the sake of knowing your status. After a breif argument, i later allowed her take my blood sample for the test to be conducted. As soon as she left me for the lab, alot of things started running through my mind, what would i do , if she comes back with a result that says 'positive?' How would i tell my girl friend that i am positive? Which inturn also signifies that she's also positive. How would i walk up to my parents and tell them, i am positive? How would i cope with the issue of stigmatization? And so many others, just as i was stil meditiating, i sighted the nurse, coming out of the lab and walking towards me with an envelope which i presumed contains my test result, somthing just left me immediately, out of shock. She later handed over the result to me, and when i opened it, behold, it was 'Negative!' i quickly heived a sigh of releif and shouted 'thank God o!' which almost made the lady sitting beside me burst into laughter. These now lead me to my questions. Have you ever go for an Hiv test? Yes/no, why? How did you feel while the test was being conducted? And what were your feelings like when your result read positive/negative like mine?. Positive? What was your next step?.  Negative? What would you have done if it was otherwise? Yet to go for the test? What are you stil waiting for? Early detection, they say is they key to surviving it o! And generaly, what would you do, if you find out that you are positive? Lets hear you spil it out! Greetings, men! And jolly jolly Easther!!
Re: Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by ladybam(f): 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2009
@positive-God forbid!!\
but wen i went to do my HIV test,i felt pretty much composed, though flashes wer still going tru my mind, but then,i was 75% at ease
Re: Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by Hollysmile: 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2009
De last time i had my own test run was like havin a cool sleep in hell!
I almost had an heart attack. My memory flashed thru all de gals i've met, all de condom bursts i've had, all de raw 'cookings' i did, and stuffs like dat.
When de result came out, behold it was negative. I felt like i was in heaven. I even decided 2keep my koboko indoors, but now look at it again!
I even chook 2day. LOL!
Re: Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by chihums(m): 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2009
holysmile i de feel u
Re: Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by MaiSuya(m): 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2009
Hollysmile:

De last time i had my own test run was like havin a cool sleep in hell!
I almost had an heart attack. My memory flashed thru all de gals i've met, all de condom bursts i've had, all de raw 'cookings' i did, and stuffs like dat.
When de result came out, behold it was negative. I felt like i was in heaven. I even decided 2keep my koboko indoors, but now look at it again!
I even chook 2day. LOL!

KAI!! grin grin grin Abeg no carry laff kill me!

@OP, I think its instructive to note that the fact that one tests negative today doesnt necessarily mean that such a person is not infected. But plese o! dont get me wrong, I'm not wishing anybody ill will, I'm merely trying to highlight a fact of AIDS test
Re: Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by Hollysmile: 8:42am On Apr 14, 2009
@Chihums, u go trust nao!
@Mai Ganda. Oops! Mai Suya, na tru u talk. If i'm not wrong, u talkin about de 'window period', abi?
Re: Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by ebinom(f): 4:09am On Apr 19, 2009
i was pretty much at ease.i had myself tested twice and the first time was ok but the second time i found out my bf had cheated on me so i broke it off with him and went for a test after three months.it was negative alright and i was very relieved.besides that's i think it's good to know your status
Re: Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 19, 2009
This is when all the Questionable sex u had flashes thru ur mind

(1) (Reply)

Children Take A Toll On Marital Bliss (research Study) / Does It Matter Who Said The Words? / The Real Woman Men Want For Keeps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.