Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

101 Contradictions In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (12645 Views)

Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Aggressa(m): 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2006
@Babyosisi,
Again, you proved yourself as a soldier for christ. I was about posting another response to bab787's post on the contradictions when I saw yours, and you've done a much much better job.
I hope he reads the very first part especially the portion that gave an account of the history of the bible as I suggested to him and the incomparability of the bible with the delusional Quran. An open mind will see the truth, let's hope he sees it.
Well done, girl! grin
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2006
Thanks my brother,let's wait for his Islamic response real soon.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2006
@Babs787 see what Allah says about you

Meanwhile, the Muslim Hadith calls black people "raisin heads" (Bukhari: Vol. 1, number 662 and Vol. 9, number 256) and refers to them as slaves. Islam calls blacks: “collectables,” and “men of no descent” (Ishaq: 405). If someone dreamed of a black woman, she was an evil omen of disease (Vol. 9, numbers 162, 163). Muslims are told that Africans “annoy the Prophet” (Ishaq 243), have hearts “grosser than a donkey” (Surah 9:61) and that blacks should be left to die if injured, and should be denied intercession and entrance to heaven (Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 52, Number 137). Muhammad had black slaves (Vol. 6, number 435). Yet and still Louis Farrakan and his followers will tell us the lie that Christianity is the white man's religion. Jesus came for all regardless of color, but Black Islam is especially designed just to lead Black folks to hell! It was the peaceful Christian's in America who stopped all slavery here.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2006
[b]About Muhammad himself:

Much is known about the life of Muhammad. In 1851, the French scholar Ernest Renan wrote that Muhammad lived "in the full light of history." Muhammad's first biographer was Muhammad Ibn Ishag (704-773 A.D.) who wrote "Sirat Rasul Allah", a work which has not survived. No finished biography of Muhammad appeared until 150 years after his death in Arabia.

According to tradition, Muhammad was born in Mecca on April 20, 570 A.D. Shi'ites say he was born on April 26th. His full name was Muhammad Bin-Abdullah. At the time Muhammad was born Muhammad's father was the chief of the pagan worshipping tribe of Koreish. Muhammad's father was Abdullah, of the family of Hashim. His father died soon after his son's birth--while he was out on a trading expedition. His father was the youngest son of Abdul Muttalib and the great-grandson of Kussai. Muhammad was orphaned early in his life after his mother Amina died and was raised by his grandfather Abdul Muttalib, then chief of the Quraysh (Koreish) tribe, and his uncle Abu-Talib beginning at age 6. Earlier, at about 5 years old while in the care of a Bedouin nurse named Halima Muhammad became subject to epileptic fits. The branch of the Quraysh tribe Muhammad belonged to was known as the Beni Hashem.

At the age of nine the boy Muhammad mounted a camel and went on a merchandising expedition into Syria. It was while with his grandfather and uncle that Muhammad learned learned to be lordly, and to exercise power, to fast, and to pray at certain specified times of the day. The Quraysh tribe prayed to idols at sunrise, noon, and at sunset; and they faced the direction of the idol black stone and the Kaaba.

While away from Arabia he saw the sacred places of the Jews. He stood on the spot where the King of Salem came out and did obeisance to Abraham. He was shown the place where his great mother, the bondwoman Hagar, went forth leading Ishmael by the hand. He saw Damascus, city of the desert, and Sinai, the mountain of the law. Then he returned to Mecca full of visions and dreams. His teen years were as a shepherd and an attendant of caravans.

At the age of 20 Muhammad was hired by a wealthy woman named Khadija (or Khadeejah) to manage her late husband's caravan business. When Muhammad was 25 he married Khadija; six children were born to them, but only one survived to adulthood; his beloved daughter Fatima. While in the caravan business Muhammad happened to make many journeys to Syria and Palestine. During this time Muhammad became acquainted with both Jews and Christians. Later, the monk-like Muhammad would cause things to be written in the Koran about both Jewish and Christian history, which shows that Muhammad did not possess an intellect befitting a historian. It has also been thought that Muhammad could not read or write. In fact, the Qur'an says Muhammad was illiterate (Ummi) in Sura 7:157. These Qur'an (Koran) entries you will see below are marred with gross errors and inattention to detail. This marriage to the much older Khadija, who was then 40 years old and who already had been married twice proved very fortunate to Muhammad. Muhammad suddenly became equal to the richest men in Mecca. While married to Khadija Muhammad did not marry any other wife. However, after she died, Muhammad would show no restraint in his self gratification for lust with multiple wives, slaves, captives, and even his own adoptive son Zaid's wife. Khadija gave Muhammad two sons, both of whom died young. They both also had 4 daughters together. Their names were Rockeya, Kolthum, Zeinale, and Fatima.

People used to ask Muhammad's favorite child bride Aisha how the Prophet lived at home. "Like an ordinary man," she answered. "He would sweep the house, stitch his own clothes, mend his own sandals; water the camels, milk the goats, help the servants at their work, and eat his meals with them; and he would go to fetch a thing we needed from the market."

Aisha (only 6 when married) believed whatever Muhammad told her about his divine inspiration. Muhammad claimed that he used to get revelations from Allah only when he slept with Aisha. Why is it that Gabriel did not bother to visit him when Muhammad spent nights with other wives in his harem?

Reference: ahadith from Sahih Bukhari: "Muhammad used to get divine inspiration only in Aisha's bed", 3.47.755

Aisha did not see Gabriel while Muhammad introduced Gabriel to her…4.54.440

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 440:

Narrated Abu Salama:

'Aisha said that the Prophet said to her "O 'Aisha' This is Gabriel and he sends his (greetings) salutations to you." 'Aisha said, "Salutations (Greetings) to him, and Allah's Mercy and Blessings be on him," and addressing the Prophet she said, "You see what I don't see."

[/b] Greatest False Teachings in the Qur'an:
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2006
What the Bible says about Islam that explains why they are the way they are.

Herein lies another prophetic truth! God rejected Ishmael and Esau because they were "wild donkeys" (Genesis 16:12) and men of the sword (Genesis 27:40). God did promise, however, to make Ishmael a great nation (Arabs). Who can deny that Islam, with its roots in Arabia, has not always acted like psychotic "wild donkeys" and "men of the sword"? I call to mind the rather recent "Cartoon" row with worldwide demonstrations by Muslims. Nothing of the sort occurred in Christendom after Dan Brown published his best selling book of lies known as the "Da Vinci Code".
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2006
babyosis,[/b]re: By: Jay Smith, Alex Chowdhry, Toby Jepson, James Schaeffer

you and your writer are very funny. if there is any other english to be used aside funny, i would have used it. cant u urself see the dodgedness of the writer trying to use own his discretion in answering the issue. has he forgotten that Allah's curse is on those that have seen the truth and are avoiding/ misleading people from the truth.

u also sent the below

[b]A Definition of Inspiration:

In 2 Timothy 3:16, we are told that all Scripture is inspired. The word used for inspiration is theopneustos which means "God-breathed," implying that what was written had its origin in God Himself. In 2 Peter 1:21 we read that the writers were "carried along" by God. Thus, God used each writer, including his personality to accomplish a divinely authoritative work, for God cannot inspire error.

the satement said the writers were carried along and that God used each writer to accomplsh a divinely authoritative work.

u said God cannot ispire error. was those contradictions not error?

also, ur writers refused writing the real verses from the quran, quoting it differently and giving their own meanings. but Insha Allah, i will reply everything tomorrow cos of time constraint.

he was trying to play smart by telling you t ignore the contradictions.

if one thing said two and another said twelve, will you accept the two as same?.

if truly the writers were inspired, did God inspired them to write different things.

also you were claiming that it the bible undergo different translations from Hebrew to Greek and to other languages and that could be part of the reasons for the contradictions.

let me ask you again, didnt the Holy Quran undergo same translations, why dont we see different in Yussuf Ali's Quran and others? why does it apply to only your bible. pls read jeremiah 8 v8.

be expecting my full response to your response and also to wrong quotations from our Holy QURAN as being quoted by your writers.

i just pity your so called writers for devising crook means trying to mislead you more having realised the truth. May Allah show you HIS Light

DO NOT BE DECEIVED, ISLAM IS THE ONLY RELIGION BEFORE GOD. ACCEPT ISLAM TODAY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. NO NNED FOR BLOOD ATONEMENT LIKE IDOL WORSHIPPERS
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2006
havila and babyosis,

why gave you the impression that i copied what Shabbir wrote. go through it and you will find some differences. meaning that from some of his, we have more than 101 contradictions. start from 1 and compare with Shabbir's.

my response to the full write is coming soon based on Quranic and biblical quotes. and if you dont know i was a christian like you and i make my research before i post it here. your writer (s) was trying to play smart and i will do justice to everything soon.

now to omoobajesu
Omoobajesu,

From your second paragraph, u said that jesus did not teach you what to say but that the holy spirit will.

Can you please tell me what the holy spirit taught you aside jesus’s and also show me the verse or chapter that the holy spirit told u new things in which jesus never told you.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2006
You must have been a Church goer not a Christian there is a difference.
Now you are beginning to grasp at straws

The Bible was written by many authors at different locations and remember that English was not the original language.
And The almighty God hears us in all languages unlike allah that is deaf to any other language and wants the arabic in Saudi dialect only.Since you(a black man) annoys allah and you are a donkey and a raisin head,you even stand no chance in inheriting the 72 virgins he may have for you.You are merely wasting your time.

Nothing in your so called contradictions shakes the core of Christian belief that Christ died and rose again after living a sinless and examplary life and would return to reign victorious.
Unlike your hero Muhammad who was the lowest of all men as far as morals was concerned.

You have failed woefully in your bid to discredit the word of God.
Just as the devil moved you and your authors to come up with non sense,the Holy Spirit moved some dedicated Christians to shed light in your dark minds.
You should now bow your head in shame and calmly disappear to oblivion

My last question to you did the so called allah or the devil move Mohammed to write the satanic verses that were later abrogated?
Start by seeing what allah calls you in my earlier post.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Aggressa(m): 12:35am On Oct 19, 2006
babs787:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and also show me the verse or chapter that the holy spirit told u new things in which jesus never told you.

Babs737,
Check this out: John 16, vs 12-14 (King James Version)
Jesus said thus: "(12) I have many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. (13) Howbeit when he, the spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into ALL truth: for he shall not speak of himself ; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. (14) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. (15) All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he take of mine, and shall show it unto you."

For better understanding of the grammatical presentation, now read the same passage in the New International version and you can see one reason why we have versions of bible to improve understanding:
"(12) I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. (13) But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (14) He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. (15) All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

Now Babs737, the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity----> equal with the Father and Son in Essence, but separate in person, and submissive in duties. Just as Jesus also submits to God the Father in His duties on earth. The Holy Spirit is teaching us new things everyday in our daily living, and in our walk with God which might not have been written literarily in the Bible but still comes from Jesus on His throne of Glory since he said in Vs 14 'he (holy spirit) shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you'. However, this guidance only comes with submission to the Lord for the Holy Spirit to reprove one continually of sin, righteousness, and judgement. The more you read (?or copy and paste) the bible to show contradictions, the more will the truth of God and the sprit of truth will be coming to you. So bring on more contradictions in the bible from your masjid grin grin. However, I will like to commend you Babs797, you appear to be easier to reason with than some other 'foul-mouthed, intolerant, epistle-writing people' we used to see or hear. If you think I used some languages you do not like before, I apologise unreservedly.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2006
babyosis,

am sure u will hold your head in shame and tear your bible by the time am through with my response.

you have a very clever writer but my response is on the way

to havila<

can you tell me what the holy spirit has told you aside jesus,

what has he told you on adultery, treatment of orphan, sharing of will, treatment of women, treating the issue of divorce, politics, marriage etc.

more is still coming, i want your reply pls.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2006
babyosis,
i will answer every verse from 1 to 101.
i believe in nairaland are wise people, they will be the judge to some of the write ups by your writers. your writers tried to act wise but Allah is wiser than all of them. am still working on it. its a little bit lenghty as a result of answering every verses and chapters from 1 to 101. and by the time i am true, if Allah needs you, He will open you and Havila's heart to Islam, a religion without crookedness, without falsehood.

u and your writers failed to answer Shabbir's let alone my own 101.

a liitle patience pls, am almost true

before it is ready, enjoy the below Quranic chapters and verses to buttress my coming bombshell ( Insha Allah). TRUTH HAS COME, FALSEHOOD IS BOUND TO PERISH.

it is Allah's promise, no man's religion will overcome Islam.

Quran 2v23: and if you (arab pagans, jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (the Quran) to Our Slave (Muhammed (saw), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah if you are truthful

Quran 10v38: Or do they say :”Muhammed (saw) has forged it?” say: “bring then a Surah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whosoever you can besides Allah if you are truthful.

Quran 11v13: or do they say,” He (Prophet Muhammed saw) forged it? (the Quran)? Say,”bring you then ten (10) forged Surahs (chapters) like unto it, and call whomever you can, other than Allah (to your help), if you speak the truth”.

Quran 17 v 88: say, “ if mankind and the jinn were together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another.

Quran 6v156-157: lest you (pagan arabs) should say “the Book was sent down only to two sects before us (the jews and the Christians), and for our part, we were in fact unaware of what they studied. (157): or lest you (pagan arabs) should say, “if only the Book hjad been sent down to us, we would surely have been better guided than they (jews and Christians)”. So now has come to you unto you a clear proof (the QURAN) from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy, who then does more wrong than one who rejects the prrofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations etc of Allah and turns away therefrom/ we shall requite those who turn away from our revelation with an evil torment, because of their turning away from them.

HAPPY READING, ON THEEEEEE WAAAAAAAAAAY

ISLAM IS ALLAH'S RELIGION. BE WISE TODAY, ACCEPT ISLAM
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2006
Hvila and the rest,

i believe this is a forum in which we share knowledge and enlighten some people. and i believe some are in the dark and are being saved through our postings on this site.

having gonme through the chapters and verse in which jesus said he will gho so that the comforter would come. jesus also if the spirit (as you put ) comes, he will decalre what is his, he would tell you things aside what jeesus has taught you.

please what has holy spirit taught you and where can i find them in the bible as regasrds to adultery, divorce case, issue of will, orpahan, role of women, witnesses, contract agreement, trusts, trade and property, tratment of the poor, marriage, etc.

babyosis,
am still on it pls. this is to let you know tht am on it, again, your clever writers couldnt resp0nd to Shabbir;s let alone mine. am still waiting for explanation on my own contradictions too.

ISLAM SEPARATES TRUTH FROM FALSEHOOD.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Aggressa(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2006
babs787:

Havila and the rest,
having gonme through the chapters and verse in which jesus said he will gho so that the comforter would come. jesus also if the spirit (as you put ) comes, he will decalre what is his, he would tell you things aside what jeesus has taught you.
please what has holy spirit taught you and where can i find them in the bible as regasrds to adultery, divorce case, issue of will, orpahan, role of women, witnesses, contract agreement, trusts, trade and property, tratment of the poor, marriage, etc.

Babs727,
I am really having difficulty following your line of thoughts and questions; and I will suggest you put more effort into the clearity of your postings, but I will persevere for our times' sake.
The Old and New Testaments were written by men under inspiration of the holy spirit, who taught and inspired them from the Lord Jesus Christ. You are trying to 'differentiate' the Holy Spirit from Jesus Christ with your reasoning if I guess correctly by asking "what the spirit taught different from Jesus christ" -again read the passage, especially verses 14 & 15 . Now kindly go and read AGAIN the bible verses I posted above and the explanation given afterwards especially relating to the concept of the true Trinity (not the quran understanding of trinity); then re-think and possible reflect on your question.
By the way if you want to know what bible said about those things you mentioned, then you'll be ready to read. Start from Matthew Chapter 5 (the whole chapter) and then  you will go to the epistles, Phillipians, Ephesians and so on. The entire New Testament (Injill) reflects the new covenant of grace to us, and has deep teachings on how to and reign like Christ.
By the way, my heart of understanding has already been opened to who allah is and what Islam is, that is why we are trying to assist your understanding to realise that islam is an idolatory and darkness, but it is the work of the holy spirit to eventually convict you and convince you of the truth. Your quest on finding contradictions can be likened to the quest of Apostle Paul-formerly Saul until he had the 'Road to Damascus experience', yours is coming soon.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by olabowale(m): 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2006
@Babyosisi: I happened to glance through your very lenghty entry. it is very interesting, to say the least. Allah states in the Qur'an; If there has been that there is other god than Allah, you would have seen that the god is trying to struggle against Allah. Allah also asked; Which is better in directive, a servant that has one master or the one that has three masters, each trying to undo and outshine one another in authority to their servant? This is the case with Qur'an with just one Author, versus, the Bible with its over 40 authors (this is your claim)?

In the power or commandment of God, aren't we 'mechanical', rather than the free flowing, according to your referenced writer you proudly quoted. Maybe that is why he said that the Bible is God's 'dictates', but in men chosen words! I now can see why there are so many discrepancies in the Bible! God allows the writers to choose their own understanding, hence it sometimes contracdict, even on the same subject!

However, the qur'an, being 'MECHANICAL' at that, it has no room for change. Babyosisi, have you any Idea what language those writers wrote their 'ORIGINAL' portions of the Bible in? Can we see a copy of it. I mean what is copied from the original portions? If it is true that we can see any, for certain, you have not seen it, you may find out the truth that the Muslims, male and females on Nairaland have been telling you all along; The Bible is corrupted!

Further you are defending the Bible by giving us writings and letters of Paul and his cohorts. Even though, it sometimes contradicts Jesus and other early prophets sayings! You ask us to blindly believe, even though, there is no logic to such thinking!

Its it not writing in your Bible that God is not the Author of confusion? God in the Bible use singular for Himself. Yet you divide God up to three parts? Its it written in the Bible that verify all things and hold on to what is true. How is that Jesus worshipped God, you discard that function of Jesus and began to worship him! Where in the Bible that you can point to us the commandment of Jesus(AS) saying that human should worship him? Where did he say that he brought a new religion and that religion is different from the religion of Moses, Joseph (not a Jew, but a brother to Judah), Jacob (the father of Judah), Isiaac, Ibrahiim, Noah , etc?

in the Qur'an, you will read about the Sole Author and He also confirms that He will protect the Uncorruptibility of it. This Author is your Creator and mine.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by olabowale(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2006
@Babyosisi; Some day, soon, I will have the time to read through that entry of yours. i will endeavor to respond to some very serous points. However, did you know that Muhammad(AS), wet nurse was a black woman, hajar was an Egyptian, when black people were the rulers and kings of Egypt?

Did you know that Bilal ibni rabba (RA), the Muhaddin of Rasuul (AS), was a former slave, whose freedom was paid for by his brother in islam, Abu bakr (RA)? Did you know that no one used it against him, after the death of the prophet (AS), to keep Bilal (RA), in Madina? Did you know that umar bin khattab (RA), the seconf Khalifah, used to refer to Bilal as his seyidd (Master in knowledge)? Did you know that in the Night Journey and the accension to heaven that muhammad (AS) had, he reported that he saw the feet of Bilal in paradise?

How do you write about the things you do not know about! Blackness, is neither a curse or a blessing. It is the way God has created some of His Servants. I guess that every hue fit in the collage of the coloration that God has made mankind!
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2006
could be Mohammed then said those in a drunken stupor?
I did not make them up,did I?
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by olabowale(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2006
@Babyosisi: Muhammad (AS) came to eradicate discrimination and other ills of the society. Only hypocrites could put something unprophetic as an action or record and attributes them to any prophet!

We will discuss at later time. I have to run and be busy for a few days.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2006
olabowale:

Allah also asked; Which is better in directive, a servant that has one master or the one that has three masters, each trying to undo and outshine one another in authority to their servant? This is the case with Qur'an with just one Author, versus, the Bible with its over 40 authors (this is your claim)?

Is this not amazing? The bible with over 40 others yet proclaiming the ONE SAME MESSAGE OF SALVATION from Genesis to Revelation? Is it not equally amazing that the quran with ONLY ONE AUTHOR has had to have verses abrogated and still counts 8/7 to be equal to 1?

olabowale:

Its it not writing in your Bible that God is not the Author of confusion? God in the Bible use singular for Himself. Yet you divide God up to three parts? Its it written in the Bible that verify all things and hold on to what is true. How is that Jesus worshipped God, you discard that function of Jesus and began to worship him! Where in the Bible that you can point to us the commandment of Jesus(AS) saying that human should worship him? Where did he say that he brought a new religion and that religion is different from the religion of Moses, Joseph (not a Jew, but a brother to Judah), Jacob (the father of Judah), Isiaac, Ibrahiim, Noah , etc?

Joseph was not a Jew? Jacob was the father of Judah, Judah was a brother to Joseph? So who was Joseph's father? How can Jacob and Judah be jews and Joseph is not? Did you type that in a fit of drunken stupor?
As for the above mentioned "prophets", what "religion" where they practicing? Since your Allah cannot be seen by his slaves, how come Abraham walked and dined with God if he is the same Allah of the quran?
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: Muhammad (AS) came to eradicate discrimination and other ills of the society. Only hypocrites could put something unprophetic as an action or record and attributes them to any prophet!

We will discuss at later time. I have to run and be busy for a few days.

Really?
Then why was those quotations in the hadiths written by or of Mohammed?
Did allah make a mistake?
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by olabowale(m): 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2006
@Babyosisi: I do not respond to your comment. However, i recommend that you go to www.shareislam.com. This is a web of a former white Christian from Texas, who is now a notable Muslim missionary, A Dahii. As a matter of fact, I have heard that he may be related to the notable of Texas!
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2006
Really,how nice of him to publicly declare that since he knows no one is coming to chop off his head in the name of Christ.
Try carrying on his campaign as a muslim turned Christian in Iran or Saudi Arabia since Allah is all merciful and compassionate.

Any one has a choice(except Muslims of course)
reject allah and pay a bloody price for it.
Say something I've never heard before.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2006
Again Olabowole,I am pasting a  muslim site boasting of prominent American muslims just to show you that being covered head to toe as a picture of a chaste muslim woman as you tend to thump at us and saying Christian women walk out in public half naked  is not so.
Women who expose themselves are worldly women they are not Christian AKA followers and imitators of Christ.
The picture below is not a Christian.
Remember this when you make your generalisations.She is muslim.
Click and get to # 11,supermodel Yasmeen.

http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_news/muslims-in-america/celebs-gallery-photos
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2006
18 May, 2005 
IRAN
[b]Christian convert waiting for his apostasy trial asks for prayers

Reverend Pourmand is scheduled to appear before an Islamic court on charges of proselytising and apostasy and could get the death penalty and be hanged.

Tehran (AsiaNews/Compass) – Hamid Pourmand, a Protestant clergyman who was born a Muslim, was moved from Tehran’s Evin Prison in an armoured car two days ago, May 16, to his home town of Bandar-i Bushehr (southern Iran), where an Islamic court will hear charges of proselytising and apostasy against him. He could get the death penalty and be hanged.

Some of Pourmand’s relatives were allowed to briefly see him before his departure, but the prisoner was not permitted to speak with them. Witnesses say however that, gazing at them silently, he mouthed the words, “Please, pray for me.”

Reverend Pourmand, who converted to Christianity in 1980, is a member of the Assemblies of God. At the time of his conversion he was a colonel in the Iranian army.

On February 16, he was found guilty of keeping his conversion a secret from his superiors.

Under Iran’s Islamic law, non Muslims are not allowed to be in the army as officers.

Following the sentence he was thrown out of the army, lost his salary and pension and his family lost their home.

Now he is charged with proselytising and apostasy. The judges accuse him of being part of “an underground church for many years, a church through which many people have betrayed Islam and joined Christianity”.

In November 2004, the European Union formally complained against the Iranian authorities for Pourmand’s treatment calling his arrest and trial a “violation of religious freedom”.

See also [/b]

http://www.asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=3315
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2006
Babyosis,

U said this:
To the rest of you especially Christians take time and read all the above on this link. I merely copied and pasted the response full page in babs787 annoying style.
The Bible is the infallible word of God,we should be proud of those who took time to give the likes of Babs a befitting answer.

Befitting answer?

Before I commence, I will like to let you know that I didn’t copy anything from anybody. You would have noticed that the numberings, arrangement and even some of the chapters used are different. I still have more contradicting chapters and verses with me, not forgetting that I was once a Christian like you(born again, an active member: replying Havila’s thread) (very familiar with most Christian sects, their bibles etc) I would have been very happy if you (babyosis, havila and the rest) reply me or your writers reply me but at the same time I will explain all the chapters mentioned here. I even thank Shabbir for adding another 101 to my already 101 making it to be 202 (very funny)!!.

I will be very grateful if you can contact your writers to explain my above contradictions too. Am still waiting for your answer to my 101 response and not to Shabbir’s 101. if I tell you that I knew nothing about Shabbirs’s and wouldn’t say anything on it, it would look as if am avoiding your “supposed response”. I will respond to you and your writers thread but at the time never forget to contact your writers for further beating about the bush in the name of “finding explanations to what cant be explained”

Also didn’t you notice the difference in protestants’ bible (66 books) as against catholic bible 73 books). Am very sure God’s curse will be on either of the two as put by the book of revelation the punishment for anyone that add or remove from God’s words. To cap it all, Jehovah witnesses dropped a bombshell tagged, “50,000 errors in the bible”. It was in the AWAKE MAGAZINE of 8th September, 1957. I believe the Holy spirit is supposed to teach you the correct chapters and verses out of all these as being revealed cos jesus said he would told you all things that he never told you.

Your writers deceived you by telling you that you cant use the same measure to judge the two books having forgotten that both the Quran and the bible are claimed to be book of God. What other method do we use to measure the accuracy of the bible. I see no reason why the same method cant be applied to the two books if your writers are truthful and not hiding from the truth.

Also, are your writers trying to shift the blame on the imprint of human hands, varieties of languages, varieties in style of writing etc>, having forgotten that the Holy Quran went through the same process and has been in existence for more than 1400 years, yet no contradicting verse or chapters. Funny enough, you will see contradictions in bibles of different versions e.g KJV contradicting RSV ( eg. We Mathew 17v21, mark 9v44 etc in KJV but omitted in other bibles) and also contradictions from the same bible version (a chapter contradicting another in the same bible)!!!

I BELIEVE THERE ARE WISE PEOPLE AND TRUTHFUL PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND REGARDLESS OF THEIR RELIGION, AGE, RACE, ETHINICITY ETC. THEY WILL BE ABLE TO DEDUCE TRUTH FROM FALSEHOOD BECAUSE

QURAN 5 V 82: VERILY, YOU WILL FIND THE STRONGEST AMONG MEN IN ENMITY TO THE BELIEVERS (MUSLIMS) THE JEWS AND THOSE WHO ARE AL-MUSHRIKIN (IDOLATERS, POLYTHEISTS, PAGANS, DISBELIEVERS IN THE ONENESS OF ALLAH) AND YOU WILL FIND THE NEAREST IN LOVE TO THE BELIEVERS (MUSLIMS) THOSE WHO SAY “WE ARE CHRISTIANS”. THAT IS BECAUSE AMONGST THEM ARE PRIESTS AND MONKS, AND THEY ARE NOT PROUD.

For easy reference, this are verses from the Holy Quran that buttresses the authenticity of the Holy Quran and that it cannot be edited, add, subtract like the bible and maybe we use that too to judge the bible as well

Quran 2v23: and if you (arab pagans, jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (the Quran) to Our Slave (Muhammed (saw), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah if you are truthful

Quran 10v38: Or do they say :”Muhammed (saw) has forged it?” say: “bring then a Surah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whosoever you can besides Allah if you are truthful.
Quran 11v13: or do they say,” He (Prophet Muhammed saw) forged it? (the Quran)? Say,”bring you then ten (10) forged Surahs (chapters) like unto it, and call whomever you can, other than Allah (to your help), if you speak the truth”.

Quran 17 v 88: say, “ if mankind and the jinn were together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another.

Quran 6v156-157: lest you (pagan arabs) should say “the Book was sent down only to two sects before us (the jews and the Christians), and for our part, we were in fact unaware of what they studied. (157): or lest you (pagan arabs) should say, “if only the Book had been sent down to us, we would surely have been better guided than they (jews and Christians)”. So now has come to you unto you a clear proof (the QURAN) from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy, who then does more wrong than one who rejects the Ayah (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations etc ) of Allah and turns away therefrom. We shall requite those who turn away from our revelation with an evil torment, because of their turning away from them.

Quran 26 v 196: and verily, it ( the Quran and its revelation to Prophet Muhammed (saw) is (announced) in the scriptures (the torah, Gospel) of former people.
Quran 87v13: verily, this (the Quran) is the Word that separates (the truth from falsehood, and commands strict laws for mankind to cut the roots of evil)

LEST I forget, before I continue on what the writers said, I will like to correct the wrong quotations from the Holy Quran.

Babyosis, let me ask you, what is the need hiding the truth. For what purpose and of what benefit will it be to you if you continue hiding the truth. Must your writers quote wrong verses to support their claims. Why cant they quote the right verses if they are truthful?

This is what your writer wrote:

Sura Baqara 2:136 points out that there is no difference between the scriptures which preceded and those of the Qur'an, saying, ", the revelation given to us, and Jesus, we make no difference between one and another of them." Sura Al-I-Imran 3:2-3 continues, "Allah, He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus), as a guide to mankind." Sura Nisaa 4:136 carries this farther by admonishing the Muslims to, ", Believe, and the scripture which He sent before him." In Sura Ma-ida 5:47,49,50,52 we find a direct call to Christians to believe in their scriptures: ", We sent Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him. We sent him the Gospel, Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein,
if any do fail to judge by the light of what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel, " Again, in Sura Ma-ida 5:68 we find a similar call: "People of the Book!, Stand fast by the law, the Gospel, and all revelation that hath come to you from YOUR LORD. It is the revelation that has come to thee from THY LORD."

This what we have in the chapters
Quran 2 v 136: Quran 2v136: say (o muslims) we believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Yaqub (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat (the offspring of the twelve sons of Yaqub (Jacob) and that which has been given to Musa (Moses) and Isa (Jesus) and that which has been given to the prophets from their Lord, we make no distinction between any of them and to Him we have submitted (in Islam).

Why cant the writers be sincere. Read the above verse very well, the verse is saying that we all Muslims believe in what was sent from Abraham to Jesus. They all came with one message and one religion. Let me ask you again, were Ishmael, Jacob, the disciples given any books? NO. So the verse is saying that we Muslims don’t discriminate against any prophets as you only accept Jesus ignoring others.

Also see the cleverness of your writers as in
QURAN 3 v3: it is HE who has sent down the book (the QURAN) to you (Muhammed (SAW) ) with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurat (Torah), and the Injeel (Gospel).

Where was it mention above that the Gospel and the Torah were guide to mankind? The QURAN confirmed Torah and Gospel but not this your present day Gospel full of contradictions, words of men, words of tree, irrelevant words etc.

Also in QURAN Sura Ma-ida 5:47,49,50,52; there is no place that says Christians must believe in their scriptures.

Your writer quoted Sura Ma-ida 5:68 which even tell you to accept the Holy Quran as in

Quran 5 v 68: And if only they had acted according to the Torah, the Gospel and what has now been sent down to them from their Lord (the Quran), they would surely have gotten provision from above them an from underneath their feet. There are from among them who are on the right course (they act on the revelation and believe in Prophet Muhammed (saw) but many of them do evil deeds.

Your writer quoted the below verse not taking their time to read properly. The verse was telling you Christians that the Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) was mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel.

This is your writers’ quotes
To embolden this idea of the New and Old Testament's authority we find in Sura 10:94 that Muslims are advised to confer with these scriptures if in doubt about their own, saying: "If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee. The truth had indeed come to thee from thy Lord." And as if to emphasize this point the advice is repeated in Sura 21:7, stating, ", the apostles We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration. If ye realize this not, Ask of those who possess the message."

As against the
Quran 10v94: so if you (O Muhammed (saw) are in doubt concerning that which We have revealed to you ( that your name is written in the Torah and the Gospel, then ask those who are reading the book (torah and Gospel) before you. Verily truth has come to you from your Lord. So be of not those who doubt (it).

Your writer wrote this again Finally, in Sura Ankabut 29:46 Muslims are asked not to question the authority of the scriptures of the Christians, saying, "And dispute ye not with the people of the book but say: We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and that which came down to you."

This is what is in the above Surah.
Quran 29 v 46: and argue not with the people of the scriptures (jews and Christians) unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner inviting them to Islamic monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them) “we believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, our Illah (God) and your Illah (God) is One (Allah) and to Him we have submitted as Muslims”

Here your clever writers go again with this
There are some Muslims, however, who contend that according to sura 2:140 the Jews and Christians had corrupted their scriptures. This ayah says (referring to the Jews), ", who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they have from Allah, ?" Yet, nowhere does this aya state that the Jews and Christians corrupted their scriptures. It merely mentions that certain Jews have concealed "the testimony they have from Allah." In other words the testimony is still there (thus the reason the afore-mentioned suras admonish Muslims to respect the former scriptures), though the adherents of that testimony have chosen to conceal it. If anything this aya is a ringing endorsement to the credibility of those former scriptures, as it assumes a testimony from Allah does exist amongst the Jewish community.

This is what we have in the chapter; it is referring to both Jews and Christians that are concealing the testimony (to believe in Prophet Muhammed (saw).

For better understanding, start from 139
Quran 2 v 139-140: Say (O Muhammed (saw) to the jews and Christians), “dispute you with us about Allah while He is our Lord and your Lord? And we are to be rewarded for our deeds and you for your deeds. And we are sincere to Him (in worship and obedience, we worship Him alone and we obey His Orders. (140) Or say you that Abraham, Ishmael,Jacob….were jews or Christians? Say”do you know better or does Allah (know better….that they all were Muslims)? And who is more unjust than he who conceals the testimony (to believe in Prophet Muhammed (saw) when he comes, as it is written in their books (torah and Gospel) he has from Allah? And Allah is not unaware of what you do.”
The writers also said this In the Bible we[/b[b]], likewise, have a number of references which speak of the unchangeableness of God's word; such as, Deuteronomy 4:1-2; Isaiah 8:20; Matthew 5:17-18; 24:35; and Revelation 22:18-20.

Let me ask babyosis, if truly the above chapters are correct, why do we still have different quotation from the same word from the same bible?

LETS GO TO THE EXPLANATION ON THE RESPONSE POSTED BY BABYOSIS FROM HER WRITERS.
WRITERS IS USED FOR THOSE THAT WROTE WHAT BABYOSIS POSTED (Jay Smith, Alex Chowdhry, Toby Jepson, James Schaeffer) AND MY OWN COMMENT IS BELOW WRITERS’ EXPLANATION.

1. Does God incite David to conduct the census of his people (2 Samuel 24:1), or does Satan (1 Chronicles 21:1)?

Go through the response of the writers. Was he able to answer the question posed at him? NO. He was beating about the bush telling stories of how God incited David, and can someone tell him, what about satan mentioned in the other verse.

See their response
WRITERS:What about Satan? Why would he get himself involved in this affair (according to 1 Chronicles 21:1) if God had already prompted David to commit the folly he had in mind? It seems his reasons were entirely malicious, knowing that a census would displease the Lord (1 Chronicles 21:7-cool, and so he also incited David to carry it through.
Has he treated the issue? NO. He mentioned only the verse talking about God inciting David but ignoring the other of Satan. How clever he was!

No. 2
2 Samuel 24:9 gives the total population for Israel as 800,000, whereas 1 Chronicles 21:5 says it was 1,100,000.

see the writers’ response again
It is possible that the differences between the two accounts are related to the unofficial and incomplete nature of the census (which will be discussed later), or that the book of Samuel presents rounded numbers, particularly for Judah.
The more likely answer, however, is that one census includes categories of men that the other excludes. It is quite conceivable that the 1 Chronicles 21:5 figure included all the available men of fighting age, whether battle-seasoned or not, whereas the 2 Samuel 24:9 account is speaking only of those who were ready for battle. Joab's report in 2 Samuel 24 uses the word 'is hayil, which is translated as "mighty men", or battle-seasoned troops, and refers to them numbering 800,000 veterans. It is reasonable that there were an additional 300,000 men of military age kept in the reserves, but not yet involved in field combat. The two groups would therefore make up the 1,100,000 men in the 1 Chronicles 21 account which does not employ the Hebrew term 'is hayil to describe them.

Babyosis, did the bible mention only available men or all men. Nothing like that was mentioned. Where in the bible did your writers cull those interpretations from? The writers were trying to act wise by saying that Samuel only mentioned the able bodied men while chronicles mentioned all the men present. READERS, ISNT THAT FUNNY? WERE THEY ABLE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS, NO.

No.4
2 Samuel 24:13 mentions that there will be seven years of famine whereas 1 Chronicles 21:12 mentions only three.

writers’ quote
There are two ways to look at this. The first is to assume that the author of 1 Chronicles emphasized the three-year period in which the famine was to be most intense, whereas the author of 2 Samuel includes the two years prior to and after this period, during which the famine worsened and lessened respectively.

Look at the way the writers were responding. “the first is to assume”. So the author of the chronicles assumed while that of Samuel gave everything out? Clever huh!! Was intensity mentioned? Where did the writers get this assumption from. Is it from the bible? Someone tell me pls.

Read the second way of the writers
Another solution can be noticed by observing the usage of words in each passage. When you compare the two passages you will note that the wording is significantly different in 1 Chronicles 21 from that found in a 2 Samuel 24. In 2 Samuel 24:13 the question is "shell seven years of famine come to you?" In 1 Chronicles 21:12 we find an alternative imperative, "take for yourself either three years of famine, " From this we may reasonably conclude that 2 Samuel records the first approach of the prophet Gad to David, in which the alternative prospect was seven years; whereas the Chronicles account gives us the second and final approach of Nathan to the King, in which the Lord (doubtless in response to David's earnest entreaty in private prayer) reduced the severity of that grim alternative to three years rather than an entire span of seven. As it turned out, however, David opted for God's third preference, and thereby received three days of severe pestilence, resulting in the deaths of 70,000 men in Israel.

Has the writers forgotten that the two chapters refer to same thing and God didn’t tell David to choose between the two. The question is why a part saying three and another seven. Remember, God didn’t ask David to choose between the two. Both statements gave account of same happening. Did the writer provided answer? NO.I think READERS WOULD HAVE DEDUCE ONE OR TWO FROM HERE. HAPPY READING.

5. Was Ahaziah 22 (2 Kings 8:26) or 42 (2 Chronicles 22:2) when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

LOOK at the reply again,
Because we are dealing with accounts which were written thousands of years ago, we would not expect to have the originals in our possession today, as they would have disintegrated long ago. We are therefore dependent on the copies taken from copies of those originals, which were in turn continually copied out over a period of centuries. Those who did the copying were prone to making two types of scribal errors. One concerned the spelling of proper names, and the other had to do with numbers.

Let me ask you babyosis and havila, was the bible the only book that has been in existence 1,000 years ago? What of the Quran. Why are we still having no differences regardless of the authors as in the case of the bible? If truly, the bible is inspired, there shouldn’t be anything happening to the copies cos they would have been protected by God as in

Check this out again from the writers
We must also remember that the scribes who were responsible for the copies were meticulously honest in handling Biblical texts. They delivered them as they received them, without changing even obvious mistakes, which are few indeed.

Why must there be mistakes in the inspirational book of God? (pls all of you should read jeremiah 8v8)

6. Was Jehoiachin 18 years old (2 Kings 24: or 8 years old (2 Chronicles 36:9) when he became king of Jerusalem?

Look at this again from the writers
Once again there is enough information in the context of these two passages to tell us that 8 is wrong and 18 right. The age of 8 is unusually young to assume governmental leadership. However, there are certain commentators who contend that this can be entirely possible. They maintain that when Jehoiachin was eight years old, his father made him co-regent, so that he could be trained in the responsibilities of leading a kingdom. Jehoiachin then became officially a king at the age of eighteen, upon his father's death.

WHERE DID THEY CULL THE STORY FROM (THEIR OWN ASSUMTIONS) THAT 8 YEAR OLD BOY CAN’T BE KING HUH? HE WAS USING PRESENT DAY GENERATION TO JUDGE OLDEN DAYS.
He assumed his own judgment by saying that the other chapter is wrong (2 Chronicles 36:9). I WONDER WHY HOLY SPIRIT CANT TELL THE WRITERS THE EXACT NUMBER.
LOOK at this too

As with many of these numerical discrepancies, it is the decade number that varies. It is instructive to observe that the number notations used by the Jewish settlers in the 5th century BC Elephantine Papyri, during the time of Ezra and Nehemiah, from which this passage comes, evidences the earlier form of numerical notation. This consisted of a horizontal stroke ending in a downward hook at its right end to represent the numbers in tens (thus two horizontal strokes one above the other would be 20). Vertical strokes were used to represent anything less than ten. Thus eight would be /III IIII, but eighteen would be /III IIII with the addition of a horizontal line and downward hook above it. Similarly twenty-two would be /I followed by two horizontal hooks, and forty-two would be /I followed by two sets of horizontal hooks (please forgive the deficiencies of my computer; it is not the scholar Dr. Archer is).
If, then, the primary manuscript from which a copy was being carried out was blurred or smudged, one or more of the decadal notations could be missed by the copyist. It is far less likely that the copyist would have mistakenly seen an extra ten stroke that was not present in his original then that he would have failed to observe one that had been smudged.

[b]Oh no, the writers said that the copyist might have made or mistakenly added ten extra strokes. ISNT THIS OBVIOUS? SO even if they were using strokes, what is the relationship between 8 and 18? READERS BE THE JUDGE.

7. Did king Jehoiachin rule over Jerusalem for three months (2 Kings 24: , or for three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)?[/b]

READ THE WRITERS RESPONSE TOO
Here again, as we found in challenge number 2 and 4, the author of the Chronicles has been more specific with his numbering, whereas the author of Kings is simply rounding off the number of months, assuming that the additional ten days is not significant enough to mention.

WHY ROUNDING OFF NUMBERS. Are we in a mathematical class that requires rounding up of numbers? Of what use is the rounding up and assuming that the ten days is insignificant. Why did the writer rounded up the figure? CLEVER INDEED!!

8. Did the chief of the mighty men of David lift up his spear and killed 800 men (2 Samuel 23: or only 300 men (1 Chronicles 11:11)?

see the writers’ response below:
It is quite possible that both authors may have described two different incidents, though by the same man, or one author may have only mentioned in part what the other author mentions in full.

NO ANSWER TO THE ABOVE. The authors didn’t describe two different things but same incident. Why mentioning in part and another in full?

READERS, HOPE YOU ARE FOLLOWING EVERYTHING HERE, HAPPY READING PLS

9. Did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem after defeating the Philistines (2 Samuel 5 and 6), or before (1 Chronicles chapters 13 and 14)?

SHOULD WE ACCEPT THIS STATEMENT FROM THE WRITERS: Therefore the two accounts are not contradictory at all. What we have here is simply one prophet choosing to give us the complete history of the Ark at once (rather than referring to it later) and another presenting the history in a different way. In both cases the timing of events is the same.

WHY WILL ONE AUTHOR NOT WANT TO GIVE FULL ACCOUNT? OF WHAT USE WILL THE HIDDEN PART OF THE REMAINING STORIES OF THE ARK? NO HIDING PLACE FOR THE WRITERS.

10. Was Noah supposed to bring 2 pairs of all living creatures (Genesis 6:19-20), or was he to bring 7 pairs of 'clean' animals (Genesis 7:2; see also Genesis 7:8,9)?

WHY ARE THE WRITERS MUDDLING UP THINGS. READ THE EXPLANATION TO THE ABOVE
WRITERS:
This indeed is an odd question to raise. It is obvious that Shabbir Ally has misquoted the text in the 6th chapter of Genesis, which makes no mention of any 'clean' animals in its figure, while the 7th chapter specifically delineates between the clean and unclean animals. Genesis 7:2 says Noah was to bring in 7 pairs of 'clean' animals and 2 pairs of every kind of 'unclean' animal. Why did Shabbir not mention the second half of this verse which stipulates 2 pairs in his challenge? It is obvious that there is no discrepancy between the two accounts. The problem is the question itself.

THE WRITERS DIDN’T TALK ON THE OTHER CHAPTER (GENESIS 6V19-20). BABYOSIS AND HAVILA, IS THERE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN “ALL LIVING CREATURES” AND “2 PAIR OF EVERY KIND OF UNCLEAN ANIMALS”

11. Did David capture 1,700 of King Zobah's horsemen (2 Samuel 8:4), or was it 7,000 (1 Chronicles 18:4)?

WRITERS RESPONSE: There are two possible solutions to these differing figures. The first by Keil and Delitzsh (page 360) is a most convincing solution. They maintain that the word for chariotry (rekeb) was inadvertently omitted by the scribe in copying 2 Samuel 8:4, and that the second figure, 7,000 (for the parasim "cavalrymen"wink, was necessarily reduced to 700 from the 7,000 he saw in his Vorlage for the simple reason that no one would write 7,000 after he had written 1,000 in the recording the one and the same figure. The omission of rekeb might have occurred with an earlier scribe, and a reduction from 7,000 to 700 would have then continued with the successive copies by later scribes. But in all probability the Chronicles figure is right and the Samuel numbers should be corrected to agree with that.
A second solution starts from the premise that the number had been reduced to 700 as it refers to 700 rows, each consisting of 10 horse men, making a total of 7,000.

HUH, MATHEMATICIAN. WHY THE ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION? DON’T BLAME THE AUTHORS, PLS READ JEREMIAH 8V8. THE WRITERS FAILED TO PROVIDE ANSWER HERE TOO.

12. Did Solomon have 40,000 stalls for his horses (1 Kings 4:26), or 4,000 stalls (2 Chronicles 9:25)?

LO[b]OK AT THE RESPONSE TOO:[/b] Others believe that the stalls mentioned in 2 Chronicles were large ones that housed 10 horses each (that is, a row of ten stalls). Therefore 4,000 of these large stalls would be equivalent to 40,000 small ones.
Another commentator maintains that the number of stalls recorded in 1 Kings was the number at the beginning of Solomon's reign, whereas the number recorded in 2 Chronicles was the number of stalls at the end of his reign. We know that Solomon reigned for 40 years; no doubt, many changes occurred during this period. It is quite likely that he reduced the size of the military machine his father David had left him.

WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THESE STORIES FROM, THE BIBLE? NO. THE QUESTION WHY HAVING 40,000 AND ANOTHER 4,000. BUT THE WRITER SAID ITS QUITE LIKELY THAT HE MIGHT HAVE REDUCED THE SIZE OF THE ARMY. WHERE IS THAT WRITTEN? READERS HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING IT.

13. According to the author, did Baasha, the king of Israel die in the 26th year of king Asa's reign (1 Kings 15:33), or was he still alive in the 36th year ( 2 Chronicles 16:1)?
WRITERS:
There are two possible solutions to this problem. To begin with, scholars who have looked at these passages have concluded that the 36th year of Asa should be calculated from the withdrawal of the 10 tribes from Judah and Benjamin which brought about the division of the country into Judah and Israel. If we look at it from this perspective, the 36th year of the divided monarchy would be in the 16th year of Asa

IT MEANS THAT 2ND CHRONICLES IS CORRECT WHILE 1ST KING 15V33 IS NOT. FUNNY ENOUGH. WHAT IS THE STANDARD USED?

14. Did Solomon appoint 3,600 overseers (2 Chronicles 2:2) for the work of building the temple, or was it only 3,300 (1 Kings 5:16)?

WRITERS: This is not too great a problem. The most likely solution is that the author of 2 Chronicles included the 300 men who were selected as reservists to take the place of any supervisors who would become ill or who had died, while the author of the 1 Kings 5:16 passage includes only the supervisory force. With the group as large as the 3,300, sickness and death certainly did occur, requiring reserves who would be called up as the need arose.

WHERE DID THEY SEE THE ASSUMPTIONS. ITS NOT FROM THE BIBLE, SO WHERE? WHY ALL THESE FABLES? WHERE WAS SUPERVISORY FORCE OR RESERVES MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE?

15. Did Solomon build a facility containing 2,000 baths (1 Kings 7:26), or over 3,000 baths (2 Chronicles 4:5)?

WRITERS: The Hebrew verb rendered "contained" and "held" is different from that translated "received"; and the meaning may be that the sea ordinarily contained 2,000 baths. But when filled to its utmost capacity it received and held 3,000 baths. Thus the chronicler simply mentions the amount of water that would make the sea like a flowing spring rather than a still pool. This informs us that 3,000 gallons of water were required to completely fill the sea which usually held 2,000 gallons.

HERE, IT WANST MENTIONED IF IT WAS FILLED TO ITS CAPACITY. WHERE DID THEY (WRITERS) GET THE ASSUMPTIONS THAT SOLOMON WANTED TO BUILD SEA-LIKE FLOWING SPRING?.

16-21. Are the numbers of Israelites freed from Babylonian captivity correct in Ezra (Ezra 2:6, 8, 12, 15, 19, 28) or in Nehemiah (Nehemiah 7:11, 13, 17, 20, 22, 32)?
(note: because numbers 16-21 deal with the same census, I have included them as one)

WRITERS: In chapter 2 of Ezra and in chapter 7 of Nehemiah there are about thirty-three family units that appear in both lists of Israelites returning from Babylon to Judea. Of these 33 family units listed in Ezra and Nehemiah, nineteen of the family units are identical, while fourteen show discrepancies in the number of members within the family units (though Shabbir only lists six of them). Two of the discrepancies differ by 1, one differs by 4, two by 6, two differ by 9, another differs by 11, another two by 100, another by 201, another differs by 105, a further family differs by 300, and the largest difference is the figure for the sons of Azgad, a difference of 1,100 between the accounts of Ezra 2 and Nehemiah 7.

VERY CLEVER HUH? MUDDLING THINGS UP.

22. Both Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the totals for the whole assembly was 42,360, yet when the totals are added, Ezra - 29,818 and Nehemiah - 31,089?

WRITERS:

There are possibly two answers to this seeming dilemma. The first is that this is most likely a copyist's error. The original texts must have had the correct totals, but somewhere along the line of transmission, a scribe made an error in one of the lists, and changed the total in the other so that they would match, without first totaling up the numbers for the families in each list. There is the suggestion that a later scribe upon copying out these lists purposely put down the totals for the whole assembly who were in Jerusalem at his time, which because it was later would have been larger.

“A SCRIBE MAKING ERROR AND MAKING CHANGES WIHOUT CALCULATION IN ORDER FOR THE STORY AND FIGURES TO MATCH” IN THE INSPIRATIONAL BOOK OF GOD?
NO ANSWER YET.

23. Did 200 singers (Ezra 2:65) or 245 singers (Nehemiah 7:67) accompany the assembly?

WRITERS:
As in question number 7, this is a copyist error, where a scribe copying the numbers in the Ezra account simply rounded off the figure of 245 to 200.

WHY THE NEED FOR ESTIMATION AND ROUNDING OFF?. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME PLS. IS IT TO A WHOLE NUMBER? EVEN IF IT TO BE A WHOLE NUMBER , IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 250 AND NOT 200. HUH. READERS HOW COME?

24. Was King Abijah's mother's name Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2) or Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20 & 2 Samuel 13:27)?

WRITERS:
When seen in this light, the 'contradiction' vanishes. 2 Chronicles 13:2 correctly states that Michaiah is a daughter of Uriel. We can assume that Uriel married Tamar, Absalom's only immediate daughter. Together they had Michaiah who then married king Rehoboam and became the mother of Abijah. 2 Chronicles 11:20 and 1 Kings 15:2, in stating that Maachah was a daughter of Absalom, simply link her back to her more famous grandfather, instead of her lesser known father, to indicate her royal lineage. Abishalom is a variant of Absalom and Michaiah is a variant of Maachah.

IS THIS ALLOWED CALLING YOU DAUGHTER OF YOUR GRANDFATHER INSTEAD OF YOUR REAL FATHER. IF YOUR FATHER’S NAME IS JOHN AND YOUR GANDFATHER’S NAME IS LUKE. DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO SAY BABYOSIS IS THE DAUGHTER OF LUKE? WILL U LIKE BEING CALLED BABYOSIS LUKE INSTEAD OF BABYOSIS JOHN? DEFENSIVE STRATEGY.

25. Joshua and the Israelites did (Joshua 10:23,40) or did not (Joshua 15:63) capture Jerusalem?

WRITERS:
In Joshua 10, it is the king of Jerusalem that is killed: his city is not captured (verses 16-18 and 22-26). The five Amorite kings and their armies left their cities and went to attack Gibeon. Joshua and the Israelites routed them and the five kings fled to the cave at Makkedah, from which Joshua's soldiers brought them to Joshua, who killed them all. Concerning their armies, verse 20 states: 'the few who were left reached their fortified cities', which clearly indicates that the cities were not captured. So it was the kings, not their cities, who were captured.

WHAT ARE THE WRITERS SAYING. THE QUESTION IS VERY GLARING. THE QUESTION IS NOT WHETHER THE KING WAS KILLED BUT WHETHER JERUSALAM WAS CAPTURED OR NOT.
HUH, NICE STRATEGY.

26. Was Jacob (Matthew 1:16) or Heli (Luke 3:23) the father of Joseph and husband of Mary?
WRITERS:
The answer to this is simple but requires some explanation. Most scholars today agree that Matthew gives the genealogy of Joseph and Luke gives that of Mary, making Jacob the father of Joseph and Heli the father of Mary.

IS THERE ANY SIMILARITY BETWEEN THE QUESTION AND MARY? THE QUESTION IS WHO WAS JOSEPH’S FATHER, HELI OR JACOB? WHY DID THEY USE HELI FOR HIM (JACOB) INSTEAD OF MARY. WAS THERE ANYWHERE THAT MENTIONED THAT THE GENEALOGY WAS MARY’S?

27. Did Jesus descend from Solomon (Matthew 1:6) or from Nathan (Luke 3:31), both of whom are sons of David?

WRITERS:
This is directly linked to 'contradiction' 26. Having shown that Matthew gives Joseph's genealogy and Luke gives that of Mary, it is clear that Joseph was descended from David through Solomon and Mary through Nathan.

NICE STRATEGY. NO ANSWER YET. READ THE QUESTION AGAIN. ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT JOSEPH, MARY OR JESUS?

28. Was Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12) or Neri (Luke 3:27) the father of Shealtiel?

WRITERS:
Once again, this problem disappears when it is understood that two different genealogies are given from David to Jesus, those of both Mary and Joseph (see #26). Two different genealogies mean two different men named Shealtiel, a common Hebrew name. Therefore, it is not surprising to recognize that they both had different fathers!

IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ANSWER? NOOOOOOO.WERE THE WRITERS SAYING THE SHEALTIE MATHEW WAS REFERRING TO WAS DIFFERENT FROM LUKE’S SHEALTIE?

29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ, Abiud (Matthew 1:13) or Rhesa (Luke 3:27), and what about Zerubbabel in (1 Chronicles 3:19-20)?

WRITERS:
It should not surprise us that there was a Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel in both Mary's and Joseph's ancestry. Matthew tells us that Joseph's father was named Jacob. Of course, the Bible records another Joseph son of Jacob, who rose to become the second most powerful ruler in Egypt (Genesis 37-47). We see no need to suggest that these two men are one and the same, so we should have no problem with two men named Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel.

IS THE ABOVE IN LINE WITH THE QUESTION?

30. Was Joram (Matthew 1: or Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1) the father of Uzziah?

WRITERS:

This answer is of a similar nature to that in #24. Just as the Hebrew bat (daughter) can be used to denote a more distant descendant, so can the Hebrew ben (son). Jesus is referred to in Matthew 1:1 as the son of David, the son of Abraham. Both the genealogies trace Jesus' ancestry through both these men, illustrating the usage of 'son'. Although no Hebrew manuscripts of Matthew's gospel are extant today, it is clear that he was a Jew writing from a Hebrew perspective and therefore completely at home with the Hebrew concept of son ship.
With this in mind, it can easily be shown that Amaziah was the immediate father of Uzziah (also called Azariah). Joram/Jehoram, on the other hand, was Uzziah's great-great-grandfather and a direct ascendant. The line goes Joram/Jehoram - Ahaziah - Joash - Amaziah - Azariah/Uzziah (2 Chronicles 21:4-26:1).

BABYOSIS, OF WHAT RELEVANCE IS THE ABOVE TO THE QUESTION?

31. Was Josiah (Matthew 1:11) or Jehoiakim (1 Chronicles 3:16) the father of Jechoniah?
WRITER:
This question is essentially the same as #30. Jehoiakim was Jeconiah's father and Josiah his grandfather. This is quite acceptable and results from Matthew's aesthetic telescoping of the genealogy, not from any error.

DO READERS AGREE WITH THE WRITERS?

32. Were there fourteen (Matthew 1:17) or thirteen (Matthew 1:12-16) generations from the[b] Babylonian exile until Christ?
WRITERS:[/b]
As Matthew clearly states (1:17), there were fourteen. In the first section there are fourteen names, in the second fifteen and in the third, fourteen. Perhaps the simplest way of resolving the problem is to suggest that in the first and third sections, the first and last person is included as a generation, whereas not in the second. In any case, as Matthew has clearly telescoped his genealogy with good reason, a mistake on his part is by no means shown conclusively. If by some chance another name or two has been lost from the list in the originals, by scribal error, we cannot know. Whatever the real situation, a simple explanation can be afforded, as above.

THE WRITERS DIDN’T MENTION THE ISSUE OF THIRTEEN. WHICH DO WE ACCEPT? THIRTEEN OR FOURTEEN?

33. Who was the father of Shelah; Cainan (Luke 3:35-36) or Arphaxad (Genesis 11:12)?
WRITERS:
Although a conclusive answer is not possible, plausible explanations can be found. The most probable answer to this is that the genealogy in the Masoretic text of Genesis telescopes the generations as does Matthew in his list. When we look at the Septuagint (LXX), we find the name of Cainan included as the father of Shelah, echoing what we find in Luke. Luke, writing in Greek, would have used the Septuagint as his authority.
On that same note, if we refer to the Septuagint, when we look at Genesis 11:12 we find that Apharxad was 135 years old, rather than 35 (which would allow more time for him to be Shelah's grandfather).

IRRELEVANT STATEMENTS ABOVE. WHO WAS THE FATHER OF SHELAH?

34. John the Baptist was (Matthew 11:14; 17:10-13) or was not Elijah to come (John 1:19-21)?
WRITERS:
So, was John Elijah? No. But had the priests and Levites asked him, "Are you the one the prophet Malachi speaks of as 'Elijah'?" John would have responded affirmatively.
Jesus in Matthew 17:11-13 says that the prophecy of Malachi is true, but Elijah had already come. He says that this "Elijah" suffered, like he, Jesus will suffer; "the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist". Therefore, once we understand the context it is clear; John was not the literal Elijah, but he was the Elijah that the prophecy spoke of, the one who was to (and did) prepare the way for the Messiah, Jesus, "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world", John 1:29.

LOOK AT THE STATEMENT. HE WAS NOT THE LITERAL ELIJAH BUT THE PROPHESIED ELIJAH!!!!,

35. Jesus would (Luke 1:32) or would not (Matthew 1:11; 1 Chronicles 3:16 & Jeremiah 36:30) inherit David's throne?
WRITERS:

This answer follows on directly from that to #26. Having shown that Matthew's genealogy is that of Joseph, it is obvious from Jeremiah 36:30 that none of Joseph's physical descendants were qualified to sit on David's throne as he himself was descended from Jeconiah. However, as Matthew makes clear, Jesus was not a physical descendant of Joseph. After having listed Joseph's genealogy with the problem of his descendance from Jeconiah, Matthew narrates the story of the virgin birth. Thus he proves how Jesus avoids the Jeconiah problem and remains able to sit on David's throne. Luke, on the other hand, shows that Jesus' true physical descendance was from David apart from Jeconiah, thus fully qualifying him to inherit the throne of his father David. The announcement of the angel in Luke 1:32 completes the picture: 'the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David'. This divine appointment, together with his physical descendance, make him the only rightful heir to David's throne.

THE TAIL END OF THIS STATEMENT CONCLUDED THAT JESUS WOULD. SO WHAT HAPPEN TO OTHER CHAPTERS THAT SAID HE WOULD NOT? ( MATHEW 1V11 ETC), HAVE THE WRITERS FORGOTTEN THAT JESUS SAID HIS KINGDOM IS NOT OF THE WORLD?

37. Simon Peter finds out that Jesus was the Christ by a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17), or by His brother Andrew (John 1:41)?
WRITERS:

The emphasis of Matthew 16:17 is that Simon did not just hear it from someone else: God had made it clear to him. That does not preclude him being told by other people. Jesus' point is that he was not simply repeating what someone else had said. He had lived and worked with Jesus and he was now clear in his mind that Jesus was none other than the Christ (Messiah), the Son of the Living God

DOES THE ABOVE RELATE TO THE QUESTION?

38. Jesus first met Simon Peter and Andrew by the Sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22), or on the banks of the river Jordan (John 1:42-43)?
WRITERS:

The accusation is that one Gospel records Jesus meeting Simon Peter and Andrew by the sea of Galilee, while the other says he met them by the river Jordan. However this accusation falls flat on its face as the different writers pick up the story in different places. Both are true.
John 1:35 onwards says Jesus met them by the river Jordan and that they spent time with him there. Andrew (and probably Peter too) were disciples of John the Baptist. They left this area and went to Galilee, in which region was the village of Cana where Jesus then performed his first recorded miracle. "After this he went down to Capernaum with his mothers and brothers and disciples. There they stayed for a few days." John 2:12.
Peter and Andrew were originally from a town named Bethsaida (John 2:44) but now lived in Capernaum (Matthew 8:14-15, Mark 1:30-31, Luke 4:38-39), a few miles from Bethsaida. They were fishermen by trade, so it was perfectly normal for them to fish when they were home during these few days (for at this time Jesus was only just beginning public teaching or healing).

CAN BOTH STATEMENT BE TRUE AS PUT BY THE WRITERS? READERS JUDGE.

39. When Jesus met Jairus, his daughter 'had just died' (Matthew 9:18), or was 'at the point of death' (Mark 5:23)?
WRITERS:

When Jairus left his home, his daughter was very sick, and at the point of death, or he wouldn't have gone to look for Jesus. When he met Jesus he certainly was not sure whether his daughter had already succumbed. Therefore, he could have uttered both statements; Matthew mentioning her death, while Mark speaking about her sickness. However, it must be underlined that this is not a detail of any importance to the story, or to us. The crucial points are clear:
Jairus's daughter had a fatal illness.
All that could have been done would already have been: she was as good as dead if not already dead.
Jairus knew that Jesus could both heal her and bring her back from the dead. As far as he was concerned, there was no difference.
Therefore it is really of no significance whether the girl was actually dead or at the point of death when Jairus reached Jesus.'

SO “HAS JUST DIED’ AND “ AT THE POINT OF DEATH HAS TURNED TO SAME THING BABYOSIS?

[b]41. Herod did (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16) or did not (Luke 9:9) think that Jesus was John the Baptist?
WRITERS:[/

b] There is no contradiction here. In Luke 9:9, Herod asks who this incredible person could be, as John was now dead. In Matthew 14:2 and Mark 6:16 he gives his answer: after considering who Jesus could be, he concluded that he must be John the Baptist, raised from the dead. By the time Herod actually met Jesus, at his trial, he may not have still thought that it was John (Luke 23:8-11). If that were the case, he had most probably heard more about him and understood John's claims about preparing for one who was to come (John 1:15-34). He may well have heard that Jesus had been baptised by John, obviously ruling out the possibility that they were the same person.

WERE ALL THESE ASSUMPTION WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE?

42. John the Baptist did (Matthew 3:13-14) or did not (John 1:32-33) recognize Jesus before his baptism?
WRITERS:

John's statement in John 1:33 that he would not have known Jesus except for seeing the Holy Spirit alight on him and remain, can be understood to mean that John would not have known for sure without this definite sign. John was filled with the Holy Spirit from before his birth (Luke 1:15) and we have record of an amazing recognition of Jesus even while John was in his mother's womb. Luke 1:41-44 relates that when Mary visited John's mother, the sound of her greeting prompted John, then still in the womb, to leap in recognition of Mary's presence, as the mother of the Lord.

WHAT SORT OF ANSWER IS THIS? DOES THIS STATEMENT MEAN THAT HE RECOGNISED JESUS AS A RESULT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT ALIGHTED ON HIM?

43. John the Baptist did (John 1:32-33) or did not (Matthew 11:2) recognize Jesus after his baptism?
WRITERS:

In the passage of John 1:29-36 it is abundantly clear that John recognised Jesus. We should have no doubt at all about this.
Matthew 11:2 takes place later on, and many things have happened in the interum. John's original knowledge of Jesus was limited and it seems that subsequent events had disillusioned him somewhat. He did not know exactly what form Jesus' ministry would take.

BABAYOSIS, PLS READ THE ABOVE AND EXPLAIN TO ME PLS.THE EVENTS DILLISIONING HIM (JOHN)!!! MAKING HIM TO WRITE ANOTHER THING. HUH.

(50. Did Jesus die before (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark 15:37-38), or after (Luke 23:45-46) the curtain of the temple was torn?
WRITERS:

After reading the three passages Matthew 27:50-51, Mark 15:37-38 and Luke 23:45-46, it is not clear where the apparent contradictions are that Shabbir has pointed out. All three passages point to the fact that at the time of Jesus' death the curtain in the temple was torn. It does not stand to reason that because both Matthew and Mark mention the event of Christ's death before mentioning the curtain tearing, while Luke mentions it in reverse order, that they are therefore in contradiction, as Matthew states that the two events happened, 'At that moment', and the other two passages nowhere deny this.

COULD THE ABOVE STATEMENT BE TRUE? SEE THE CLEVERNESS OF THE WRITERS. DIDN’T THEY READ THE CHAPTERS VERY WELL, MATHEW AND MARK AGREED THAT JESUS DIED BEFORE THE CURTAIN WHILE LUKE SAID IT WAS AFTER THE CURTAIN. THE WRITERS WERE TRYING TO SAY THEY BOTH MEANT SAME THING SO FAR CUTAIN WAS TORN!. IS THAT THE TRUTH BABYOSIS?

51. Did Jesus say everything openly (John 18:20) or did he speak secretly to his disciples (Mark 4:34, Matthew 13:10-11)?

[b]VERY FUNNY WRITERS. THE QUESTION IS “DID JESUS SAY EVERYTHING OPENLY OR SECRETLY”? BUT YOUR WRITERS DODGED THIS QUESTION BEATING ABOUT THE BUSH EXPLAINING WHAT PARABLE IS!! WHAT HAS PARABLE GOT TO DO WITH THE ABOVE QUESTION? YOUR WRITERS LAID EMPHASIS ON JOHN 18V20 BUT IGNORING MARK 4V34 AND MATHEW 13V1-11. WHAT A STRATEGY!
BABYOSIS PLS, TELL THE NAIRALANDERS, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SPEAKING IN PARABLES AND SPEAKING OPENLY OR SECRETLY.

52. Was Jesus on the cross (Mark 15:23) or in Pilate's court (John 19:14) at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?[/b]
WRITERS: The simple answer to this is that the synoptic writers (Matthew, Mark and Luke) employed a different system of numbering the hours of day to that used by John. The synoptics use the traditional Hebrew system, where the hours were numbered from sunrise (approximately 6:00am in modern reckoning), making the crucifixion about 9:00am, the third hour by this system,
John, on the other hand, uses the Roman civil day.

WHERE WAS IT WRITTEN. WHAT IS THE PROOF TO THE ABOVE?

53. The two thieves crucified with Jesus either did (Mark 15:32) or did not (Luke 23:43) mock Jesus?
WRITERS:

This apparent contradiction asks did both thieves crucified with Jesus mock him or just one. Mark 15:23 says both did. Luke 23:43 says one mocked and one defended Jesus. It isn't too difficult to see what it going on here. The obvious conclusion is that both thieves mocked Jesus initially. However after Jesus had said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing," one of the robbers seems to have had a change of heart and repented on the cross, while the other continued in his mocking.

WHERE ON EARTH IS THIS EXPLANATION IN THE BIBLE BABYOSIS PLS?

54. Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion (Luke 23:43), or two days later (John 20:17)?
WRITERS:

Jesus says to the thief on the cross "Today you will be with me in Paradise". This was indeed true. For the thief was to die that same day on earth; but in paradise "today" is any day in this world, as Heaven is outside of time.

READERS, DID YOU SEE THE ABOVE?

55. When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those who were with him hear the voice (Acts 9:7), or did they not (Acts 22:9)?
WRITERS:

Although the same Greek word is used in both accounts (akouo), it has two distinct meanings: to perceive sound and to understand. Therefore, the explanation is clear: they heard something but did not understand what it was saying. Paul, on the other hand, heard and understood. There is no contradiction.

CAN BABYOSIS TELL ME IF HEARING A VOICE AND NOT UNDERSTAND IS THE SAME AS NOT HEARING?

56. When Paul saw the light and fell to the ground, did his traveling companions fall (Acts 26:14) or did they not fall (Acts 9:7) to the ground?
WRITERS:

There are two possible explanations of this point. The word rendered 'stood' also means to be fixed, to be rooted to the spot. This is something that can be experienced whether standing up or lying down.
An alternative explanation is this: Acts 26:14 states that the initial falling to the ground occurred when the light flashed around, before the voice was heard. Acts 9:7 says that the men 'stood speechless' after the voice had spoken. There would be ample time for them to stand up whilst the voice was speaking to Saul, especially as it had no significance or meaning to them. Saul, on the other hand, understood the voice and was no doubt transfixed with fear as he suddenly realized that for so long he had been persecuting and killing those who were following God. He had in effect been working against the God whom he thought he was serving. This terrible realization evidently kept him on the ground longer than his companions.

HUH BABYOSIS AND THE WRITERS? WAS ANSWER PROVIDED HERE? , NO. WHERE WAS THE STORY OF LONGER STAYING ON THE GROUND WRITTEN?

57. Did the voice tell Paul what he was to do on the spot (Acts 26:16-18), or was he commanded to go to Damascus to be told what to do (Acts 9:7; 22:10)?
WRITERS:

Paul was told his duties in Damascus as can be seen from Acts 9 and 22. However in Acts 26 the context is different. In this chapter Paul doesn't worry about the chronological or geographical order of events because he is talking to people who have already heard his story.
DID THE READERS READ THE ABOVE? SO PAUL ASSUMED THAT THEY HAVE HEARD THE STORY SO NEED TO TELL THEM AGAIN. THE ABOVE MEANT THAT ACTS 26V16-18 WAS NOT ACCEPTED BY THE WRITERS COS THEY MADE ME UNDERATAND THAT WAS TOLD HIS DUTIES. CAN BABYOSIS TELL ME WHAT STANDARD DID THEY USED IN ACCEPTING THAT HE WAS TOLD IN DAMASCUS AND NOT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE INCIDENT??

59. Did 70 members of the house of Jacob come to Egypt (Genesis 46:27), or was it 75 members (Acts 7:14)?
WRITERS:

This apparent contradiction asks how many members of the house of Jacob went to Egypt. The two passages contrasted are Genesis 46:27 and Acts 7:14. However both passages are correct. In the Genesis 46:1-27 the total number of direct descendants that traveled to Egypt with Jacob were 66 in number according to verse 26. This is because Judah was sent on ahead in verse 28 of Chapter 46 and because Joseph and his two sons were already in Egypt. However in verse 27 all the members of the family are included, including Joseph and his sons and Judah making a total number of 70, referring to the total number of Jacob's family that ended up in Egypt not just those that traveled with him to Egypt.
CAN BABYOSIS ADD UP THE ABOVE AND TELL ME HOW THEY ARRIVE AT 70 OR 75?

60. Did Judas buy a field (Acts 1:18) with his blood-money for betraying Jesus, or did he throw it into the temple (Matthew 27:5)?
WRITERS:

This apparent contradiction asks, 'What did Judas do with the blood money he received for betraying Jesus?' In Acts 1:18 it is claimed that Judas bought a field. In Matthew 27:5 it was thrown into the Temple from where the priests used it to buy a field. However, upon closer scrutiny it appears one passage is just a summary of the other
HOW COME THE PASSAGES ARE SUMMARIZING EACH OTHER. WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BUYING A FIELD AND THROWING THE MONEY INTO THE TEMPLE? IS THERE ANY RELATIONSHIP BABYOSIS?

61. Did Judas die by hanging himself (Matthew 27:5) or by falling headlong and bursting open with all his bowels gushing out (Acts 1:18)?
WRITERS:

This alleged contradiction is related to the fact that Matthew in his Gospel speaks of Judas hanging himself but in Acts 1:18 Luke speaks about Judas falling headlong and his innards gushing out. However both of these statements are true.
Matthew 27:1-10 mentioned the fact that Judas died by hanging himself in order to be strictly factual. Luke, however in his report in Acts1:18-19 wants to cause the feeling of revulsion among his readers, for the field spoken about and for Judas, and nowhere denies that Judas died by hanging. According to tradition, it would seem that Judas hanged himself on the edge of a cliff, above the Valley of Hinnom. Eventually the rope snapped, was cut or untied and Judas fell upon the field below as described by Luke.
WHERE DID THE WRITERS OBTAINED THEIR STORIES FROM PLS BABYOSIS?

67. Was the tenth disciple of Jesus in the list of twelve Thaddaeus (Matthew 10:1-4; Mark 3:13-19) or Judas, son of James (Luke 6:12-16)?
WRITERS:

Both can be correct. It was not unusual for people of this time to use more than one name. Simon, or Cephas was also called Peter (Mark 3:16), and Saul was also called Paul (Acts 13:9). In neither case is there a suggestion that either was used exclusively before changing to the other. Their two names were interchangeable.
CAN BABYOSIS GO THROUGH HER BIBLE AND TELL IF THE TWO NAMES ARE THE SAME.

69. Was Jesus crucified on the daytime after the Passover meal (Mark 14:12-17) or the daytime before the Passover meal ( John 13:1, 30, 29; 18:28; 19:14)?
WRITERS:
Jesus was crucified on the daytime before the Passover meal. The reason why Mark seems to say it was after is one of culture and contextualising.
The evidence from the Gospels that Jesus died on the eve of the Passover, when the Passover meal would be eaten after sunset, is very solid. Before we delve (albeit briefly) into this issue, it is worth noting that Mark 14 records that Jesus does not eat the Passover with his disciples.
IT MEANS THAT THE OTHER CHAPTER ABOUT JESUS DYING AT DAYTIME IS INCORRECT? WHERE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT PLS WHEN THEY WERE WRITING ALL THESE? SO WHAT MADE YU BABYOSIS ACCEPTED THAT HE DIED ON THE EVE?

70. Did Jesus both pray (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42) or not pray (John 12:27) to the Father to prevent the crucifixion?
WRITERS:

This apparent contradiction asks: 'Did Jesus pray to the Father to prevent the crucifixion?' Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36 and Luke 22:42 are supposed to imply that he does. John 12:27, however, seems to say that he doesn't. In all of these passages Jesus never asks for the Crucifixion to be prevented but does express his fears of the difficulties, pain and suffering that he is going to encounter over the next few hours, in the form of his trials, beatings, whippings, loneliness and alienation from people and God on the Cross, the ordeal of crucifixion itself and the upcoming triumph over Satan.
HAVE U ALL FORGOTTEN THAT JESUS PRAYED TO GOD TO LIFT THE CUP FROM HIM NOT AS JESUS WILLED BUT AS GOD WILLED? SO WHAT IS BABYOSIS AND THE REST IMPLYING?

71. Did Jesus move away three times (Matthew 26:36-46; Mark 14:32-42) or once (Luke 22:39-46) from his disciples to pray?
WRITERS:

Note that the Luke passage nowhere states that Jesus did not leave the disciples three times to go and pray. Because he does not mention all three times does not imply that Jesus did not do so. Obviously Luke did not consider that fact to be relevant to his account. We must remember that Luke's Gospel is thought of as the third Gospel to have been put to paper chronologically, therefore it would make sense for him not to regurgitate information found in the other two gospels.
LUKE DID NOT CONSIDER IT RELEVANT SO HE DIDN’T ADD THE THREE TIMES BUT ONLY A TIME IS RELEVANT TO HIM HUH? VERY FUNNY STATEMENT FROM A PROFESSOR.

75. Were the last words that Jesus spook "Father into thy hands I commit my spirit" (Luke 23:46), or "It is finished" (John 19:30)?
WRITERS:

'What were the last words of Jesus before he died?' is the question asked by Shabbir in this supposed contradiction. This does not show a contradiction any more than two witnesses to an accident at an intersection will come up with two different scenarios of that accident, depending on where they stood. Neither witness would be incorrect, as they describe the event from a different perspective. Luke was not a witness to the event, and so is dependent on those who were there. John was a witness. What they are both relating, however, is that at the end Jesus gave himself up to death.
[b]SO CANT THE HOLY SPIRIT PUT LUKE THROUGH FOR THE FACT THAT HE WASN’T THERE. WHAT IS THE PROOF THAT JOHN WAS AN EYE WITNESS? SO IT IS NECESSARY THAT THE TWO MUST COME WITH DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS. WHERE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO TEACH YOU WHAT JESUS DIDN’T.TEACH? READERS THIS FOR YOU PLS.

77. Did Adam die the same day (Genesis 2:17) or did he continue to live to the age of 930 years (Genesis 5:5)?
WRITERS:

The Scriptures describe death in three ways; 1) Physical death which ends our life on earth, 2) spiritual death which is separation from God, and 3) eternal death in hell. The death spoken of in Genesis 2:17 is the second death mentioned in our list, that of complete separation from God, while the death mentioned in Genesis 5:5 is the first death, a physical death which ends our present life.
WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE THAT HE WAS REFERRING TO THE SECOND DEATH. WHERE WAS IT WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE BABYOSIS.

79. Apart from Jesus there was no-one else (John 3:13) or there were others (2 Kings 2:11) who ascended to heaven?
WRITERS

: he is claiming that no one has ascended to heaven to bring down the message that he brought.
WHERE WAS THAT WRITTEN THAT NO ONE HAS ASCENDED TO HEAVEN TO BRING DOWN MESSAGE. DID HE HIMSELF ASCENDED TO HEAVEN TO BRING MESSAGE.WHAT MESSAGE DID HE BRING? READERS JUDGE

81. Was Jesus' body wrapped in spices before burial in accordance with Jewish burial customs (John 19:39-40), or did the women come and administer the spices later (Mark 16:1)?
WRITERS:

John 19:39,40 clearly states that Joseph and Nicodemus wrapped the body in 75 pounds of myrrh and aloes, along with strips of linen. We also know from the synoptic writers that the body was placed in a large shroud. There need be no contradiction here. The fact that the synoptics do not mention the spices during the burial does not mean that they were not used.
If Mark 16:1 is taken to mean that the women were hoping to do the whole burial process themselves, they would need the strips of linen as well, which are not mentioned. It is likely that they simply wished to perform their last act of devotion to their master by adding extra spices to those used by Joseph.
BABYOSIS READ THE ABOVE YOURSELF PLS.

[b]82. D
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2006
havila,
sorry for the mistake in my ttyping.

my question, what new things has holy spirit thaught you aside what jesus di?
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2006
havila,
u understood my questios.

what new things has holy spirit taught you?
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Bobbyaf(m): 4:40am On Oct 22, 2006
@ Havila

@Forgiven,
Hi and a very good day to you. I am a Christian too but I disagree with your position and/or suggestion with all due respect. Asking the ignorant fellow who posted the so-called 101 contradictions in the bible to get the original manuscript or version of the bible could be easily interpreted as shying away from the issue by asking him to do what is almost impossible, and could be seen as avoiding the debate. As you know, the original version or scrolls were written in Hebrew and I doubt if he can read Hebrew because he is still struggling with English.
You said you will research his claims, great! do that and you will see how purile and intrepid his post is; most of it actually boils down to difficulty with understanding English, the history of the bible, cross-linking and checking biblical references, etc upon a background of 'anti-christ' sentiments by our dear friends of the 'other faith'. You can see peoples like Davidylan and Akinagirl are already doing their best to correct him; what we need to do is to "educate and enlighten" peoples like Babs787 that there is no contradictions in the bible but limitations in understanding the historical components in the bible especially by 'prejudiced' minds. Even, leading scholars (Christians and non-christians alike), pastors, theologists etc are still researching the bible to get better understanding because of the depth of the wisdom in the 'book'.

I very much agree with you on those points you raised. Those apparent contradictions are just that, apparent. The problem with these posters is their sinister attempt to post overwhelming information that people find difficult to respond to, based on volume and space alone.

Responding to such lengthy challenges takes time, and patience. I'd suggest that we take it piece by piece. Probably each christian on Nairaland can take a verse or 2 and make it their duty to research the back ground to what may seem a contradiction.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Aggressa(m): 8:15am On Oct 23, 2006
@babs727,
I think you have difficulty in understanding the scriptures that you are looking for contradictions in. Because if not, you will not persist at asking me the same question despite the scriptures I quoted above and referred you to twice now.
According to the scriptures all things that holy spirit tell us are from Jesus on His throne of Glory and the spirit is revealing, teaching, convicting etc them to us in the world. What Jesus was teachig, doing etc when he was on earth are now being done in the body of christ through the holy spirit but still from Jesus (that is the meaning of the verse) So asking what holy spirit taught aside from Jesus is ambigous. Go, read the passage again and ask a different question.
However, if you are asking me specifically what the holy spirit taught me, then I will respond in a simple statement: It's personal, None of your business. Give your life to Jesus and start enjoying the fellowship of the Holy spirit and you will know what it is to be taught and led by God, bro cheesy
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2006
82. Did the women buy the spices after (Mark 16:1) or before the Sabbath (Luke 23:55 to 24:1)?
WRITERS: Now it becomes clear that Mary Magdalene and her group bought their spices after the Sabbath, as recorded by Mark 16:1. On the other hand, Joanna and her group bought their spices before the Sabbath, as recorded by Luke 23:56. It is significant that Joanna is mentioned only by Luke, thereby strengthening the proposition that it was her group mentioned by him in the resurrection account.
THE VERSE DID NOT SAY MARY MAGDALENE, JOANA ETC BOUGHT IT BEFORE OR AFTER BUT THAT THE WOMEN. SO THE QUESTION IS DID THE WOMEN BOUGHT BEFORE OR AFTER THE SABATH. ANSWER BABYOSIS OR HAVILA PLS

83. Did the women visit the tomb "toward the dawn" (Matthew 28:1), or "When the sun had risen" (Mark 16:2)?
READERS ON NAIRALAND WOULD HAVE KNOWN TRUTH FROM FALSEHOOD BY NOW. IS SUNRISE AND VERY EARLY THE SAME? I KNOW FOR SURE THAT IT IS AFTERNOON U GET AFTER SUNRISE OR DO WE GET SUN AS REPLACEMENT FOR MOON VERY EARLTY WHILE IT WAS STILL DARK? OR DO WE EXPERIENCE SUNRISE AT DAWN. (VERY EARLY WHILE STILL DARK). LUKE SAID VERY EARLY, MATHEW SAID SUN JUST DAWNING, MARK SAID IT WASN’T DANW BUT SUN HAD RISEN AND JOHN NOT DONE FULLY. ARE ALL THESE SAME?

84. Did the women go to the tomb to anoint Jesus' body with spices (Mark 16:1; Luke 23:55-24:1), or to see the tomb (Matthew 28:1), or for no reason (John 20:1)?
This answer links in with number 81 above. We know that they went to the tomb in order to put further spices on Jesus' body, as Luke and Mark tell us. The fact that Matthew and John do not give a specific reason does not mean that there was not one. They were going to put on spices, whether or not the gospel authors all mention it. We would not expect every det
LOOK AT THE CLEVER WRITERS AGAIN. THEY WERE SAYING EMPHATICALLY THAT THEY WENT TO THE TOMB TO PUT SPICES ON JESUS’ BODY (MARK 16V1)
THAT MATHEW ND JOHN AGREED TOO BUT BUT JUST THAT THEY DIDN’T GIVE FUKL DETAILS. CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME, IS THERE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANOINT WITH SPICES ,TO SEE THE TOMB (NO SPICES WAS MENTIONED) OR FOR NO REASON. DIDN’T THESE CONTRADICTS PUTTING SPICES ON HIS BODY. AM, WAITING FOR BABYOSIS OR HAVILA’S COMMENT.

83. Did the women visit the tomb "toward the dawn" (Matthew 28:1), or "When the sun had risen" (Mark 16:2)?
WRITERS: so fully: The darkness was on its way out but had not yet gone. Mark's statement that the sun had risen comes later, when they were on their way. It is perfectly reasonable to assume that the sun had time to rise during their journey across Jerusalem.
WHICH DO WE ACCEPT?

87. Did Mary Magdalene first meet the resurrected Jesus during her first visit (Matthew 28:9) or on her second visit (John 20:11-17)? And how did she react?
WRITER: Therefore, when Matthew 28:9 records Jesus meeting them, she was not there. In fact, we understand from Mark 16:9 that Jesus appeared first to Mary Magdalene, which was after she, Peter and John had returned to the tomb the first time (John 20:1-18). Here, we see that Peter and John saw the tomb and went home, leaving Mary weeping by the entrance. From here, she saw the two angels inside the tomb and then met Jesus himself.
WHERE IS THE POSITION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT HERE. WHICH DO WE ACCEPT, WHY CANT HE CORRECT ALL THESE ISSUES? WHICH DO WE ACCEPT?

90. Did the Midianites sell Joseph "to the Ishmaelites" (Genesis 37:28), or to Potiphar, an officer of Pharoah (Geneis 37:36)?
WRITERS: The traveling merchants were comprised of Ishmaelite and Midianite merchants who bought Joseph from his brothers, and they in turn sold him to Potiphar in Egypt. The words Ishmaelite and Midianite are used interchangeably. This would seem obvious once you read verses 27 and 28 together. A clearer usage for these two names can also be found in Judges 8:24.
WHERE IS THE PROOF TO SUPPORT THE ABOVE THAT THEY RESOLD TO POTIPHAR? SO MIDIANITES AND ISHMAELITES HAS BECOME SAME.

94. Did David (1 Samuel 17:23, 50) or Elhanan (2 Samuel 21:19) kill Goliath?
WRITERS: The discrepancy as to who killed Goliath (David or Elhanan) was caused by copyist or scribal error, which can be seen clearly.
THE WRITERS ADMIITED THE FAULT THIS TIME. VERY GOOD. NO BEATING ABOUT THE BUSH, PURE CONTRADICTION.

98. Did Jesus appear to twelve disciples after his resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:5), or was it to eleven (Matthew 27:3-5; 28:16; Mark 16:14; Luke 24:9,33; Acts 1:9-26)?
WRITERS: There is no contradiction once you notice how the words are being used. In all the references given for eleven disciples, the point of the narrative account is to be accurate at that particular moment of time being spoken of. After the death of Judas there were only eleven disciples, and this remained so until Matthias was chosen to take Judas' place.
CLEVER INDEED!!! HERE THE CHAPTERS DIDN’T SAY AFTER JUDAS DEATH. SO HOW COME THE WRITERS HAVE JUMPED TO CONCLUSION?

CONCLUSION:

FIRSTLY, BABYOSIS, YOU HAVE TRIED TO SEEK THE TRUTH IN SOLVING THE ISSUE AT HAND (CONTRADICTIONS). U REALLY ACTED LIKE A SOLDIER. YOU ALSO ACTED ON THE SAYING OF OUR NOBLE PROPHET MUHAMMED (SAW, MERCY TO THE WHOLE WORLD INCLUDING YOU, HAVILA, JAY SMITH, ALEX CHOWDHRY, TOBY JEPSON, JAMES SCHAEFFER) THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEARCH FOR KNOWLEDGE EVEN BE IT IN CHINA, BUT YOU WENT TO THE WRONG PEOPLE THAT COULDN’T PROVIDE ANSWERS TO THE ISSUE. RATHER THAN ACCEPT THAT THERE WERE COUNTLESS CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE, THEY DEVISED MEANS OF PREVENTING YOU FROM SEEING THE TRUTH. ALL THE ANSWERS GIVEN WERE RELEVANT TO QUESTIONS. YOU YOURSELF AND HAVILA READ ALL.

YOUR WRITERS ARE THE PEOPLE THE ALLAH REFERRED TO IN THE HOLY QURAN THAT “THEY SEEKED CROOK MEANS OF PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM THE LIGHT (ISLAM), HAVING REALISED THE TRUTH THEMSELVES.
IT HAS BEEN SEEN FROM ALL ANGLES THAT YOUR WRITERS DIDN’T ANSWER EVEN A QUESTION SATISFACTORILY. SO BABYOSIS, HOW COULD YOU ANSWER MY OWN CONTRADICTIONS TOO WHEN YOUR WRITERS COULDN’T ANSWER SHABBIR’S.

READ AND RE-READ THE “SUPPOSED ANSWERS”, WERE THEY IN LINE WITH THE QUESTIONS?

FROM ALL WHAT YOUR WRITERS WROTE,SOME THINGS CAME BE DEDUCED.
1.THE ERRORS MIGHT HAVE BEEN TYPING ERROR
2. THE ERORS MIGHT HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY THE SCRIBES
3. IT MAY BE DUE TO TRANSLATION FROM ONE LANGUAGE TO ANOTHER.
4. WE ALSO HAVE ERROR OF OMMISSION, ADDITION, SUBTRACTION ETC.
5. AND SO ON.

NOW, FROM THE WRITERS CONTRIBUTION, HE MADE ME KNOW THAT, ALL SCRIPTURES WERE WRITTEN THROUGH INSPIRATION.

HE SAID THIS ABOUT INSPIRATION
In 2 Timothy 3:16, we are told that all Scripture is inspired. The word used for inspiration is theopneustos which means "God-breathed," implying that what was written had its origin in God Himself. In 2 Peter 1:21 we read that the writers were "carried along" by God. Thus, God used each writer, including his personality to accomplish a divinely authoritative work, for God cannot inspire error.

AND ALSO QUOTED
Charles Wesley summarizes this high view of inspiration brilliantly when he says, "The Bible must be the invention either of good men or angels, bad men or devils, or of God. However, it was not written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying 'Thus saith the Lord;' it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin, and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration" (McDowell 1990:178).
ETC.

IT HAS BEEN KNOWN THAT OUR GOD CANNOT BE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION. GIVING ONE PROPHET A RELIGION DIFFERENT FROM ANOTHER. WE LEARNT THAT ALL THE PROPHETS CAME WITH ONE RELIGION (ISLAM) AS IN
QURAN 42 V 13 –16:HE ALLAH HAS ORDAINED FOR YOU THE SAME RELIGION (ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM) WHICH HE ORDAINED FOR NOAH, AND THAT WHICH WE HAVE REVEALED UNTO YOU (O MUHAMMED SAW), AND THAT WHICH WE ORDAINED FOR ABRAHAM, MOSES, AND JESUS SAYING YOU SHOULD ESTABLISH RELIGION (TO DO WHAT IT ORDERS YOU TO DO PRACTICALLY), AND MAKE NO DIVISIONS IN IT (RELIGION) (I.E. VARIOUS SECTS IN RELIGION), INTOLERABLE FOR THE MUSHRIKUN IS THAT ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM) TO WHICH YOU (O MUHAMMED SAW) CALL THEM, ALAH CHOOSES FOR HIMSELF WHOM HE WILLS, AND GUIDES UNTO HIMSELF WHO TURNS TO HIM IN REPENTANCE AND IN OBEDIENCE.

V 14: AND THEY DIVIDED NOT TILL AFTER KNOWLEDGE HAD COME TO THEM, THROUGH (SELFISH) TRANSGRESSION BETWEEN THEMSELVES. AND HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR A WORD THAT WENT FORTH BEFORE FROM YOUR LORD FOR AN APPOINTED TERM, THE MATTER WOULD HAVE BEEN SETTLED BETWEEN THEM. AND VERILY, THOSE WHO WERE MADE TO INHERIT THE SCRIPTURES ( THE TORAH AND THE GOSPEL) AFTER THEM (JEWS AND CHRISTIANS) ARE IN GRAVE DOUBT CONCERNING IT (ALLAH’S TRUE RELIGION, ISLAM AND THE QURAN)

V 15: SO UNTO THIS (RELIGION OF ISLAM ALONE AND THIS QURAN) THEN INVITE (PEOPLE) ( O MUHAMMED SAW) AND STAND FIRM (ON ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM) BY PERFORMING ALL THAT IS ORDAINED BY ALLAH (GOOD DEEDS), AND BY ABSTAINING FROM ALL THAT IS FORBIDDEN BY ALLAH (SINS AND EVIL DEEDS), AS YOU ARE COMMANDED, AND FOLLOW NOT THEIR DESIRE BUT SAY : “I BELIEVE IN WHATSOEVER ALLAH HAS SENT DOWN OF THE BOOK (ALL THE HOLY BOOKS INCLUDING QURAN) OR THE PAGES OF ABRAHAM AND I AM COMMANDED TO DO JUSTICE AMONG YOU”. ALLAH IS OUR LORD AND YOUR LORD. FOR US OUR DEEDS AND FOR YOU YOUR DEEDS. THERE IS NO DISPUTE BETWEEN US AND YOU. ALLAH WILL ASSEMBLE US (ALL), AND TO HIM IS THE FINAL RETURN.

V 16: AND TO THOSE WHO DISPUTE CONCERNING ALLAH (HIS RELIGION OF ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM WITH WHICH MUHAMMED SAW HAS BEEN SENT), AFTER IT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED (BY THE PEOPLE), OF NO USE IS THEIR DISPUTE BEFORE THEIR LORD AND ON THEM IS WRATH, AND FOR THEM WIL BE A SEVERE TORMENT.

V 17: IT IS ALLAH WHO HAS SENT DOWN THE BOOK (THE QURAN) IN TRUTH, AND THE BALANCE (TO ACT JUSTLY). AND WHAT CAN MAKE YOU KNOW THAT PERHAPS THE HOUR IS CLOSE AT HAND?
SO IF REALLY INSPIRATION IS “GOD-BREATHED”, THEN I ASK YOU, WHY DID GOD BREATHED DIFFERENTLY TO THEM, MAKING THEM WRITING CONTRADICTORY THINGS, ASSUMMING FIGURES AND EVEN ROUNDING UP FIGURES!!

ALSO, CHARLES WESLEY SAID IT WAS WRITTEN BY GOOD MEN AND DIVINE INSPIRATION, WERE COPYIST, TYPIST, TRANSLATION ETC ERROR WERE DIVINELY INSPIRATIONAL.

LET ME ASK YOU, IS IT ONLY THE BIBLE THAT UNDERGO TRANSLATION, TYPING, COPYING, ETC. WHY ARE WE NOT HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS IN THE HOLY QURAN AS WE ARE HAVING IN THE BIBLE? WE ALSO HAVE THE HOLY QURAN IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES BUT NO CONTRADICTORY VERSES OR CHAPTERS OR ERROR OF COPYIST, TYPIST, TRANSLATION ETC.

THE REASON FOR THE ABOVE IS NOT FAR FETCHED FROM THE FACT THAT ALMIGHTY ALLAH (SWT), MADE IT KNOWN TO US THAT HE SENT THE HOLY QURAN AND THAT HE WOULD BE THE GUIDE, THAT NO FILTH WILL EVER COME TO IT, EVEN IF THE LIKE OF BABYOSIS, HAVILA, YOUR SO CALLED WRITERS ETC EVEN TEAM UP WITH JINNS OR OTHER LVING THINGS, U WILL NEVER SUCCEED.

HE MADE THE PROMISE IN THE HOLY QURAN AND IT IS HAPPENING, FOR MORE THAN 1400 YEARS, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED TO THE QURAN DESPITE THAT FACT THAT WE HAVE DIFFERENT AUTHORS UNLIKE YOUR BIBLE.

YOUR WRITERS KNEW THAT THE ONLY WAY TO LEAD YOU ASTRAY IS TO TELL YOU NOT TO USE THE SAME STANDARD USED FOR QURAN TO MEASURE THE BIBLE TOO. IF YOU ARE TRULY HONEST AND TRUTHFUL, WHY CANT IT BE APPLIED SINCE YOU HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT WHAT WE ARE CALLING CONTRADICTIONS ARE NOT IN ANY WAY, SO LET THE MEASURE BE USED. THE WRITERS DIDN’T WANT YOU TO SEE THE TRUTH, YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICED YOURSELF (IF YOU ARE SINCERE AND HIDING THE TRUTH) THAT THEY NEVER GAVE ANSWER TO THE ISSUE.
YOUR WRITERS ALSO POSTED WRONG QURANIC QUOTATIONS. WHY MUST THEY DO THAT. MUST THEY LIE IN ORDER TO BE ACEPTED OR BELIEVED?

BABYOSIS, HAVILA, TO BE CANDID WITH YOU, I NEVER HAD ANY BAD PERCEPTION TOWARDS ANY OF YOU. I BELIEVE WE ARE SHARING KNOWLEDGE, COS KNOWLEDGE CONTINUE TILL ONE DIES. WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS REGARDLESS OR RELIGION, RACE, ETHNICITY, RACISM, COLOUR ETC, WE ARE ALL ONE IN THE PRESENCE OF ALLAH. BUT THE BEST IN THE PRESENCE OF ALLAH IS THE ONE THAT IS PIOUS AND YOU SHALL NOT ATTAIN PIETY UNTIL YOU WANT FOR YOUR NEIGHBOUR WHAT YOU WANT FOR YOUSELF.

TRUTH STANDS OUT CLEAR FROM FALSEHOOD, I NEVER QUOTED ANY BIBLICAL SAYINGS, CHAPTERS, VERSES ETC OUT OF CONTEXT, I MAKE RESEARCH BEFORE I POST IT. WHAT WILL BE MY GAIN TRYING TO POST WRONG QUOTATIONS HAVING FORGOTTEN THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF READERS READING THROUGH, AND SOME WILL ACCEPT THE TRUTH THE MOMENT THEY SEE IT, WHILE SOME WONT.

ANYBODY THAT DO GOOD, DO IT FOR HIS OWN SOUL AND ANYBODY THAT DO EVIL, DO IT T HIS OWN PERIL. NO BEING WILL BE CHARGED FOR WHAT HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT. BUT WHY MUST CHRISTIANS POST WRONG QUOTATIONS, IS THAT NOT PART OF DECEPTION. THERE IS NO POINT QUOTING WRONGLY IF WHAT YOU ARE DEFENDING IS THE TRUTH.
NO ONE IS FORCING ANOTHER INTO ACCEPTING A RELIGION BUT FROM INDICATION, THE WISE KNEW THE TRUTH. I NEVER QUOTED ANYTHING OUT OF CONTEXT, U WOULD HAVE PROBABLY COME ACROSS SOME OF MY EARLIER WRITE UPS LIKE WAS JESUS/MOHAMMED SENT TO THE WHOLE WORLD, DID JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS, TERRORISM IN THE BIBLE AND MORE ARE STILL COMING.I BELIEVE IF YOU GO THROUGH THEM, U WILL GAIN FROM THEM

AM NOT CONDENMING CHRISTIANITY OR YOUR BIBLE BUT BRINGING OUT THE TRUTH FOR THE WHOLE NAIRALANDERS TO SEE. COS HE THAT SEES TRUTH AND ACCEPT DOES SO FOR HIS OWN AND VICE VERSA. WHEN ALLAH CREATED HEAVEN, HE PROMISED IT THAT HE WILL FILL IT WITH PEOPLE, SAME WITH HELL, YOUR DESTINY LIES IN YOUR HANDS. IT WILL BE BETTER IF YOU TAKE WISE DECISION TODAY, ACCEPT THE TRUTH, NO CROOKEDNESS, NO LYING, NO BLOOD ATONEMENT ETC.

LET ME REST MY CASE HERE FOR EVERYONE’S CONTRIBUTION.

ISLAM IS THE TRUTH, ACCEPT TODAY.

I WILL CONCLUDE WITH THESE
QURAN 3V19: TRULY, THE RELIGION WITH ALLAH IS ISLAM. THOSE WHO WERE GIVEN THE SCRIPTURES (JEWS AND CHRISTIANS) DID NOT DIFFER EXCEPT, OUT OF MUTUAL JEALOUSY, AFTER KNOWLEDGE HAD COME TO THEM. AND WHOEVER DISBELIEVES IN THE AYAT (PROOFS, REVELATIONS, SIGNS, VERSES, EVIDENCES, ETC) OF ALLAH, THEN SURELY, ALLAH IS SWIFT IN CALLING TO ACCOUNT.

QURAN 3V85: AND WHOEVER SEEKS A RELIGION OTHER THAN ISLAM, IT WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED FROM HIM, AND IN THE HEREAFTERHE WILL BE ONE OF THE LOSERS.

QURAN 5V3: ………………………THIS DAY, I HAVE PERFECTED YOUR RELIGION FOR YOU, COMPLETED MY FAVOUR ON YOU, AND HAVE CHOSEN ISLAM FOR YOU AS YOUR RELIGION….

QURAN 6V125: AND WHOMEVER ALLAH WILLS TO GUIDE, HE OPENS HIS HEART TO ISLAM, AND WHOMSOEVER HE WILLS, HE SEND ASTRAY, HE MAKES HIS HEART CLOSED AND CONSTRICTED, AS IF HE IS CLIMBING UP TO THE SKY. THIS ALLAH PUTS THE WRATH ON THOSE WHO BELIEVE NOT.

QURAN 61V7: AND WHO DOES MORE WRONG THAN THE ONE WHO INVENTS A LIE AGAINST ALLAH, WHILE HE S HE BEING INVITED TO ISLAM? AND ALLAH GUIDES NOT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ZALIMUN (POLYTHEISTS, WRONGDOERS, DISBELIEVERS) FOLK.

QURAN 61 V 8: THEY INTEND TO PUT OUT THE LIGHT OF ALLAH ( THE RELIGION OF ISLAM, THE QURAN AND THE PROPHET MUHAMMED (SAW) WITH THEIR MOUTHS, BUT ALLAH WILL BRING HIS LIGHT TO PERFECTION EVEN THOUGH THE DISBELIEVERS HATE.

QURAN 61 V 9: HE IT IS WHO HAS SENT HIS MESSENGER (MUHAMMED SAW) WITH GUIDANCE AND THE RELIGION OF TRUTH (ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM) TO MAKE IT VICTORIOUS OVER ALL (OTHER) RELIGIONS,EVEN THOUGH THE MUSHRIKUN (POLYTHEISTS, PAGANS, IDOLATERS, AND DISBELIEVERS IN THE ONENESS OF ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER (MUHAMMED SAW0 HATE (IT).

QURAN 49 V 17: THEY REGARD A FAVOUR FROM YOU ( O MUHAMMED SAW) THAT THEY HAVE EMBRACED ISLAM, SAY: “COUNT NOT YOUR ISLAM AS A FAVOUR TO ME. NAY, BUT ALLAH HAS CONFERRED A FAVOUR UPON YUOU THAT HE HAS GUIDED YOU TO THE FAITH IF YOU INDEED ARE TRUE.

QURAN 42 V 13 –16:HE ALLAH HAS ORDAINED FOR YOU THE SAME RELIGION (ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM) WHICH HE ORDAINED FOR NOAH, AND THAT WHICH WE HAVE REVEALED UNTO YOU (O MUHAMMED SAW), AND THAT WHICH WE ORDAINED FOR ABRAHAM, MOSES, AND JESUS SAYING YOU SHOULD ESTABLISH RELIGION (TO DO WHAT IT ORDERS YOU TO DO PRACTICALLY), AND MAKE NO DIVISIONS IN IT (RELIGION) (I.E. VARIOUS SECTS IN RELIGION), INTOLERABLE FOR THE MUSHRIKUN IS THAT ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM) TO WHICH YOU (O MUHAMMED SAW) CALL THEM, ALAH CHOOSES FOR HIMSELF WHOM HE WILLS, AND GUIDES UNTO HIMSELF WHO TURNS TO HIM IN REPENTANCE AND IN OBEDIENCE.

V 14: AND THEY DIVIDED NOT TILL AFTER KNOWLEDGE HAD COME TO THEM, THROUGH (SELFISH) TRANSGRESSION BETWEEN THEMSELVES. AND HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR A WORD THAT WENT FORTH BEFORE FROM YOUR LORD FOR AN APPOINTED TERM, THE MATTER WOULD HAVE BEEN SETTLED BETWEEN THEM. AND VERILY, THOSE WHO WERE MADE TO INHERIT THE SCRIPTURES ( THE TORAH AND THE GOSPEL) AFTER THEM (JEWS AND CHRISTIANS) ARE IN GRAVE DOUBT CONCERNING IT (ALLAH’S TRUE RELIGION, ISLAM AND THE QURAN)

V 15: SO UNTO THIS (RELIGION OF ISLAM ALONE AND THIS QURAN) THEN INVITE (PEOPLE) ( O MUHAMMED SAW) AND STAND FIRM (ON ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM) BY PERFORMING ALL THAT IS ORDAINED BY ALLAH (GOOD DEEDS), AND BY ABSTAINING FROM ALL THAT IS FORBIDDEN BY ALLAH (SINS AND EVIL DEEDS), AS YOU ARE COMMANDED, AND FOLLOW NOT THEIR DESIRE BUT SAY : “I BELIEVE IN WHATSOEVER ALLAH HAS SENT DOWN OF THE BOOK (ALL THE HOLY BOOKS INCLUDING QURAN) OR THE PAGES OF ABRAHAM AND I AM COMMANDED TO DO JUSTICE AMONG YOU”. ALLAH IS OUR LORD AND YOUR LORD. FOR US OUR DEEDS AND FOR YOU YOUR DEEDS. THERE IS NO DISPUTE BETWEEN US AND YOU. ALLAH WILL ASSEMBLE US (ALL), AND TO HIM IS THE FINAL RETURN.

V 16: AND TO THOSE WHO DISPUTE CONCERNING ALLAH (HIS RELIGION OF ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM WITH WHICH MUHAMMED SAW HAS BEEN SENT), AFTER IT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED (BY THE PEOPLE), OF NO USE IS THEIR DISPUTE BEFORE THEIR LORD AND ON THEM IS WRATH, AND FOR THEM WIL BE A SEVERE TORMENT.

V 17: IT IS ALLAH WHO HAS SENT DOWN THE BOOK (THE QURAN) IN TRUTH, AND THE BALANCE (TO ACT JUSTLY). AND WHAT CAN MAKE YOU KNOW THAT PERHAPS THE HOUR IS CLOSE AT HAND?

Decision is yours, there is no compulsion in religion but truth stands out from falsehood.

Maa Salam.
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2006
BABYOSIS, am still waiting for your response on my reply to your clever writers.
ISLAM IS THE WAY, TRUTH STANDS OUT FROM FALSEHOOD.

havila,

one thing that make me  respect u is the way you turn away from questions pretending as if you dont understand the question or that the writer didnt pose the question very well. the question is a very straightforward one.

it seems u dont understand the bible verse very well or maybe u didnt read very well. during jesus time, he wasnt given the opportunity to tell you most things. thereby, he told you that its important that he must go so that the spirit will come and that wqhen he comes, he will guide you into the truth, he will declare what is jesus' etc.

i now ask you again, the holy spirit is supposed to tell you new things aside jesus.

from your bible, i want you to tell me what the holy spirit has been telling you on divorce case, marriage, will, treatment of orphan, treatment of ones parent, witnesses, property etc (remember, the holy spirit is supposed to tell new things that jesus didnt tell you when he was alive*

or u provide me your personal answer to the question or from any book aside bible.

but remember jesus didnt tell anybody personal things. he spoke openly and taught openly too.

am waiting, cunny man!!! grin
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Aggressa(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2006
@babs,
grin You are really frustrating me with your poor handling. I think I actually over-estimated you. Are you a secondary school student? Dont take that as an 'abuse', it is just a curious question, if not then you must really be lazy. As a muslim, I know that independent scripture analysis is not one of your attirbutes, rather relying on whatever the Ustahs/Sheik/Imam said at your mosques.
So, your question is: what is the holy spirit saying about divorce, parents etc from the Bible aside what Jesus said? (a ridiculous but persistent questioning) This question is not correct is what I am saying, going by what Jesus said in the scriptures I quoted for you. Read it again:John 16, vs 12-15
"(12) I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. (13) But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (14) He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. (15) All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

Now, in your wisdom, your conclusion from the above stated passage is that: Quote from Babs747: "the holy spirit is supposed to tell you new things aside jesus". This is why I said, what you DO NOT understand, you are looking for contradictions in it, how absurd.

There is NOTHING written by the Apostles under inspiration of the Holy spirit that is NOT from Jesus. There is nothing we learn now under inspiration of the holy spirit that is NOT from Jesus. Read the Acts of the Apostles and see how the disciples increased in wisdom, power etc following the impartation of Holy Spirit in Antioch after the death and rescurection and Ascension of Jesus. That and others is what that passage is saying. I doubt if you will understand because I really think I am overestimating your abilities.
About divorce, etc, we will have to read the epistles Hebrews, Ephesian, Phillipians etc for what the Bible said about marriage, divorces, respect for parents ect, written by Paul and co under inspiration of the holy spirit.
If you are looking for what the holy spririt taught, either in the bible or not, in lives of christians now, that is NOT from Jesus, it does not exist. Even, the 'true' insprational books, articles written by pastors, preacher etc now, are inspired by the holy spirit teaching us from Jesus. Is that too difficult to understand or should I say it in Yoruba?
You must first convince me you understand the above, then I can take time to show you biblical passages about parenting, divorce, marriage etc. Otherwise what is the point. But if you are a secondary school student, I will know which approach to use because I use to teach teenagers in church. I dont underrate people. grin
Re: 101 Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 24, 2006
babs747,
I cannot waste anymore time on you.
You have received your answers to your so called contradictions.
If it's not the answer you expected to hear,too bad.

Anyone reading through your rebuttal sees how elementary you sound.
How can one explain spritual things to a dead man?
Soon you'll be asking me if Christ and Jesus are the same since you do not accept that a man can have 2 names.

You claim you were a Christian yet do not know the Biblical stand on marriage and divorce?
Were you aladura or cele? and called yourself a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Jackson's Brother Runs To Tb Joshua / Ages Of Prophets / Is Masturbating With Images Of Your Spouse In Your Head A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 368
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.