Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (45071 Views)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Canme4u(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2015
Lilimax:
I've checked your profile and have found out you're one of them. Therefore I rest my case embarassed.
Ciao!

Now that you've succeeded in getting my attention, could you please fvck off my mentions?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Canme4u(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2015
Kingspin:
dnt twist the truth. Here in Nigeria islam is not allowing other faith to sleep well esp in the North. Pls stick to reality..

Reality here is that being fanatics doesnt has anything to do with Islam/Christianity it lies basically on an individual. The earlier we all stick to that the better.

Islam as a religion is a peace religion.

Lemme put this to you. Have you ever see any Yoruba Muslim fighting any other religion believers here in S.W.?

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy

I've been thinking why some people have 18 children that can scarcely feed. Largest growing abi grin undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ERAKAMUS: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy
Hahahaha even with the uncountable number of wives they marry, and the numerous children they are rearing, Hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ValerianSteel(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2015
Eastlink:
Your points have substance. The conservative christian community (and to a large extent the elderly American voters) are rooting for Carson, based on his stand on homosexuality, immigration and other issues. He is a role model to many Americans both, blacks, whites native Americans and Latinos. Me think he will emerge victorious as the Republican Presidential flagbrearer.
You guys keep forgetting why Roomney lost the last election.Same reason the 60% of Americans still won't cast their votes for Carson.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:
So what? EVERY country has people they don't want as their no.1 leader. In America its Muslims. In Israel is Arabs. In Nigeria its the akpu-eating, chest-beating flattheads. The enormous risk just overwhelms the the up-sides.

I like this grin.
Those Akpu-eating monsters will be begged to lead Nigeria one day. Take a risk and join the millionaires.
Take the risk as a nation and join the industrialised league of nations tongue

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 21, 2015
Koolmexxi:
Ben Carson shot himself in the foot by saying that. There's no doubt most Americans consider Muslims as potential radicals and extremists even though that isn't really a fair assessment but America is considered an open society and the land of the free and anyone gunning for the most powerful position in the world shouldn't be seen to hold any sentiments.

I think the world is going to hell on a politically correct nut basket angry people are afraid to lay facts bare so that they can be seen as politically correct. Let's see where it will lead Germany and the rest of Europe. As for America, I don't even know where the Gaytown (Gaycountry) is heading.
There is nothing Christian like in the way America is living and I pray the wrath of God tarries awhile hoping they will get it together soon.

6 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by shidof(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Continue to deceive yourself with rubbish.....Google is ur friend... grin.....there are more Catholics than the entire Muslim population put together .......talk less of all Christians .........you ignorant twit....... cheesy
[s][/s]I dn't ve time for congenital dunce lyk u. U can ask google more.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by chacoonder(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
If he really said that, m sorry, he's buried his ambition.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
And you reasonable fellows are dying to go there. Why don't you chose or prefer to migrate to the Middle East. And why are the refugees all running to Europe. What about Saudi? Or is there war in every Muslim nation? Looking for peaceful countries to destroy..na una way.

yetunsbay:
only an unreasonable muslim will even wish to rule such a demonic state

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dreams...
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by arbitter: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Well i guess its kinda awkward since they believe Obama is a Muslim eh?

I really dont take these ldiots seriously and i personally dont give a fvck who wins because in the end all theyre doing is pandering and riling up their well known bigoted base of White conservatives. Trump got his boost by railing against Mexicans so now this guy is following his lead and wants to use 'anti muslim' rhetoric to keep himself in the running eh :/ . I heard some guy asking Trump a question at his rally about 'getting rid of Muslims' and the liberal media is still bashing trump over it, and for some reason he decided to go on the defense and suddenly wants to assure American Muslims he has no issue with them, hmmm i dont think his conservative supporters wanna hear that...

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by dealslip(f): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
cassimere:

The UAE is an empire built on the doctrine of Islam, it is the religion that holds them together. The USA on the other hand is built on democratic principles and institutions. Does one's religion preclude him from holding public offices in a democracy? I don't think so.

I don't think a country like the United State should concern itself with its President's religion; afterall they're the ones championing the concept of a 'free-state'.

For the purpose of the election, I think Ben Carson's sentiment on this issue is a blunder. His position just like his stance on homo-sexuality in the US is clouded by his deep-christian religious outlook; He's obviously not ready to govern a complex entity like the United States.

US values were not just democratic but Christian.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by MisterLongman(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
stanech:
I agree with him. Obama is the first and last.
Obama is not a muslim.....

Stop saying what you don't know....

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by sdindan: 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

Please Stop deceiving yourself.
Where are they growing?
The ones dying in Syria, Yemen, Libya, paskistan, Iraq and Afghanistan or they ones your brothers bokoharam do kill everyday. Tell me where they are growing,
Running to Europe as refugees is it where they will grow?

9 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ALISMILE(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bialegend:
"Values and principles" exactly what Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra has been harping on about. If you live together in a country with peoples of opposite "Values and principles" to yours as obtains in Nigeria's of today, then there is no way such a country will proper nor have peace. For us Biafrans to achieve our target goals in life, we must fight hard to separate from Nigeria where these northerners and south westerners are clogging the wheels of our progress. We do not have anything in common with them.
u mentioned ur desire to do away wit the North and South-West! But u said nothing about the South-South!reply pls!

4 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
dealslip:

US values were not just democratic but Christian.

Abbey2sam:

You don't know what your talking about,
Go and read history of America, America was built on religion(Christianity) by the founding fathers

The founding fathers of America were immigrant who were not allowed to practice their religion (Christianity)in their respective countries, the original habitants of America of today were the red Indians

Things only change as time pass by which has brought about their developments

Also note this
America constitution was written on christian values by the founding fathers

Muslim will never and can never rule America
Just like the reverse in Saudi Arabia

The US christian ideology has been eroded by the concept of free-state and democracy. If not, how will u reconcile the acceptance of homo-sexuality by the State with the so-called accepted ancient christian doctrines?

Also, will an agnostic be precluded from election into the office of the president because his views do not conform to the regular christian doctrines? I do not think so.

The current American society is accommodating. In a free state, you cannot hold such a strong stance against a group of people because of their religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Right groups will probably just spring up anyway, after much pressure and debate, America will accommodate and in the long term, their will be a president who's religious outlook will be islam.

Personally, I do not think religion should be the basis of election into public offices - regardless of the weight of the office. What should matter should be the psychology of the person, the degree of his patriotism and his commitment to the fundamental objectives of the State. I think for the purpose of the election, this should have been Ben Carson's line of argument.

Also, Carson's views on an issue especially when that issue contradict Christianity has been somewhat extreme, I think that will be a point his opponents will hold dear against him.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ALISMILE(m): 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yes! I ve been waiting for this! Thank God they ve finally admitted it! True, Islam and US values can never, I mean neva go in same direction! The immoral values as engrained in the system of tins in d US is in total disagreement with the spirit of Islam! Homosexuality, lesbianism, prostitution, bestiality(sleeping with animals), alcoholism, drugs and high societal immorality ar values that we muslims, no matter the circumstance, will never compromise! Islam does not compromise evil, unlike christianity where anytin goes! Am sooooooo happy my religion is Islam!

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
Yes! I ve been waiting for this! Thank God they ve finally admitted it! True, Islam and US values can never, I mean neva go in same direction! The immoral values as engrained in the system of tins in d US is in total disagreement with the spirit of Islam! Homosexuality, lesbianism, prostitution, bestiality(sleeping with animals), alcoholism, drugs and high societal immorality ar values that we muslims, no matter the circumstance, will never compromise! Islam does not compromise evil, unlike christianity where anytin goes! Am sooooooo happy my religion is Islam!

Lol. Then tell your jihadist brother, Buhari to stop running to USA and EU with deep bowl seeking for alms and assistance.
And read up on the current refugee crisis and where they(Muslims) are all running to for refuge and a chance for a decent life.

Islam is evil and has no place in the modern world, and you know it!

9 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Vikky014(f): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*
mtcheew. throw the knowledge u acquired from the book to dustbin too ok undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Ilekeh(f): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
Really?

Coming from a black Republican puppet, this is hypocritical.

8 years ago, they said the same thing about blacks.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Ilekeh(f): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Canme4u:

In your wildest dream.

US are the one claiming and advocating for democracy so, if a Muslim has the support of the people, so be it cos it is democratically allowed.

BTW, I don't see much difference btween you and BOKOharam cos both of you are religion FANATICS.

Thank you. USA is just so hypocritical it's not funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Talk is damned cheap. Anybody can dish out any trash just to be in the news.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by seunoloto(f): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
eXpress ur feelings on BBM. Download the 1st 3D bbm stickers in Naija. http://shop.bbm.com/stickers/naijad

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
SenseiX:
The two leading Republican candidates, Donald Trump and Ben Carson are really railing against immigration and Muslims and the party's grassroots base is rallying behind them. If the GOP gets into power next year, it's going to be awkward for foreigners in the
Maybe...just maybe, You want to stick to your local African brand of politics.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by stanech: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
MisterLongman:

Obama is not a muslim.....

Stop saying what you don't know....

Obama is a certified muslim terrorist. He do not need to attend a mosque b4 I know. His actions over the years has lead me to believe he is though it is not on record anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
cassimere:

The UAE is an empire built on the doctrine of Islam, it is the religion that holds them together. The USA on the other hand is built on democratic principles and institutions. Does one's religion preclude him from holding public offices in a democracy? I don't think so.

I don't think a country like the United State should concern itself with its President's religion; afterall they're the ones championing the concept of a 'free-state'.

For the purpose of the election, I think Ben Carson's sentiment on this issue is a blunder. His position just like his stance on homo-sexuality in the US is clouded by his deep-christian religious outlook; He's obviously not ready to govern a complex entity like the United States.
You are talking to Africans---Nigerians--- that only know how to vote based on tribal affiliations and Religious beliefs. They probably don't understand half of what you put up there.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ndcide(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
I agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
u mentioned ur desire to do away wit the North and South-West! But u said nothing about the South-South!reply pls!

They consider the South-South as a part of Biafra and I think we can all guess why.

The deceased biafra war lord craftily carved out the east and the oil rich south-south (occupied mostly by people whom they share no cultural heritage, language, ideology) and tagged it biafra.lol...the money struggle.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Kingspin(m): 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Canme4u:

Reality here is that being fanatics doesnt has anything to do with Islam/Christianity it lies basically on an individual. The earlier we all stick to that the better.

Islam as a religion is a peace religion.

Lemme put this to you. Have you ever see any Yoruba Muslim fighting any other religion believers here in S.W.?
Islam + islamist + jihadi= islamism. All read qur`an. Check out.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by SmokinHotBabe(f): 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
just shocked anyone will make such a statement . For heavens sake this is year twenty fifteen.
terrorism has no religion.
He should be dropped from the race immediately.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ALISMILE(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
cassimere:

They consider the South-South as part of Biafra and I think we can all guess why.

The deceased biafra war lord craftily carved out the east and the oil rich south-south (occupied mostly by people whom they share no cultural heritage, language, ideology) and tagged it biafra.lol...the money struggle.
biafrans er jus dreaming! We SS er not ready to go wit ibos!can't u see u guys re fighting ur own fight? The ibos re now assuming the mouth piece of the pple of SS! SS isn't ibo! They er selfish for eyeing d oil in d SS! Criminal ibos!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins / Trump During BLM Protest VS When His Supporters Invaded The US Capitol / Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.