Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (45061 Views)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by CSTR2: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
Philipsdael:

Pathetic f00l.
I will never be as pathetic as Nigeria, hommie.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
They were gonna make a Mormon president tho....
Hypocritical whites smh

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
dukeolumde:

Exactly. And that's the same point Trump made during his interview. For me their opinion will
come back to hunt them during the final election with their Democratic counterpart but truth be told,
they nailed the fact as a MUSLIM cannot be trusted completely to effectively handle that SEAT if they
must crack down their enemies in d Arab world with Nuclear Potentials/Capabilities...

Waiting for Jihadist, Osama Bin Ladin, Muslim Extremist, haters to start a fight because of this statement.. angry angry

Modified: Its wrong to allow Iran who have publicly declared their ambition to destroy Isreal once they posses a Nuclear Warhead to
develop their Nuclear Warhead angry angry angry
The same USA that armed Osama Bin Laden with his first AK
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
dukeolumde:

Exactly. And that's the same point Trump made during his interview. For me their opinion will
come back to hunt them during the final election with their Democratic counterpart but truth be told,
they nailed the fact as a MUSLIM cannot be trusted completely to effectively handle that SEAT if they
must crack down their enemies in d Arab world with Nuclear Potentials/Capabilities...

Waiting for Jihadist, Osama Bin Ladin, Muslim Extremist, haters to start a fight because of this statement.. angry angry

Modified: Its wrong to allow Iran who have publicly declared their ambition to destroy Isreal once they posses a Nuclear Warhead to
develop their Nuclear Warhead angry angry angry
The same USA that armed Osama Bin Laden with his first AK47
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Touchey: 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

Fastest growing by birth and immigration,
Larger population does not in anyway relate to prosperity,
in fact most group who engage in unmitigated population
explosion usually have a large percentage of them ending up
in the ghettos.
You and I know that very very few ghetto children end up as doctors
and lawyers , instead gangsterism is their order of the day.

You should aspire to become the most educated not the largest.
Over-population breeds poverty.

Epic reply. wink smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by olajorn(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
MrsPhyno:
They were gonna make a Mormon president tho....
Hypocritical whites smh

Am Also against muslim being América president for reason Best known to me

I like muslim,and my best friend is a Muslim
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
cassimere:

The UAE is an empire built on the doctrine of Islam, it is the religion that holds them together. The USA on the other hand is built on democratic principles and institutions. Does one's religion preclude him from holding public offices in a democracy? I don't think so.

I don't think a country like the United State should concern itself with its President's religion; afterall they're the ones championing the concept of a 'free-state'.

For the purpose of the election, I think Ben Carson's sentiment on this issue is a blunder. His position just like his stance on homo-sexuality in the US is clouded by his deep-christian religious outlook; He's obviously not ready to govern a complex entity like the United States.

Even a 'complex' entity originally founded on 'deep Christian religious' outlook?
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by cabaliciouscabal: 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*

Get Lost With Ur Admiration, He Is Not Even Aware Dat A Goat Of Ur Kind Admires Him.

The Man Is Saying Obvious Truth, Who Will Lace D Roof Of His House With Fire And Go To Bed Sound Asleep.

In As Much As A Christian Cannot Be Syria's President Den Such Case Shouldn't Even Arise.

I Rather Prefer To Make An Idol Worshipper D President Of USA Dan Making A Muslim Dat Ar Embedded In Sheer Wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
zoelife:

Even a 'complex' entity originally founded on 'deep Christian religious' outlook?

I've already given my position on that. Read my last posts but one.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by cbrass(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

It seems the meaning of founding father is the problem here,
if you consider a recent 17th century economic emigrator who holds
no public position aside contributing money for the running
of a university a founding father, then I will stop here.

So what's your point sef undecided
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Kyri:
The same USA that armed Osama Bin Laden with his first AK47

Those days when they were naive... That's y this Statement was made by the two Conservative Republicans angry angry
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Touchey: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by pelmart: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
I had heard this story since yesterday, and i m since following it. I have read comments, critics and for.
It is clear that such ''comment'' is worrying. I disagree with him on the basis of its against the very tenet of democracy (freedom for all).
I support it on basis of one supporter who said, ''we have been attacked by people and these people are all muslims.''
Also, i do say if religious muslims will respect all other, condemned their failure and evils, as Buddhist of japan in WWII condemned their failure and evil ( the only people i call peaceful and tolerant in this last century)
if muslims will be ready to live in peace and tolerance (not hegemony) in a society with satanist, Taoist, buddhist, Hinduist. Not having that very evil ideology to destroy all these TOLERANT religions then no one would say islam of course is evil.
E.G. Tokyo governor (a buddhist) during Olympics bid notified muslims as violent
So as i disagree with him, the very comment (islam *as it's now* is antithetical to freedom of all i.e democracy) i agree with that. ISLAM IS ANTITHETICAL TO DEMOCRATIC VALUES

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Princek12(m): 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
It seems a lot of people hear can't read or listen. Ben Carson said that he would not support a candidate whose religion or values are inconsistent with the U.S. Constitution. I support him one hundred percent.

America was founded upon judeo-christian principles: freedom, tolerance, independence, and so on. Islam is found on Sharia and forces women to do things they don't want to do, which is fundamentally inimical to the U.S. Constitution.

So why on earth should the U.S. support a Muslim president, when Islam fundamentally opposes everything the U.S. stands for?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Seun(m): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ben Carson could have been the second black president of the US. He has a compelling life story and the humble, "not one of the bad ones" temperament that a black politician must have in order to get a lot of white votes. But his political skills are not up to the required level. I don't know why people like to enter politics from the top. You don't start politics by being elected president. You have to start small and acquire skills. I think Ben Carson truly believes that God wants him to run for the presidency straightaway, and that strong faith is his stumbling block.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Glory4ever(m): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Everybody to his/her opinion. Let Americans decide.

Pay My Transport Fare To And Fro Within Lagos. I will Fumigate Your House/Office For FREE. Call : 08057741145, 08033623159
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by iamfortunate: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
And that would reduce his income. right?
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*
grin
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by llaykorn: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Seun:
Ben Carson could have been the second black president of the US. He has a compelling life story and the humble, "not one of the bad ones" temperament that a black politician must have in order to get a lot of white votes. But his political skills are not up to the required level. I don't know why people like to enter politics from the top. You don't start politics by being elected president. You have to start small and acquire skills. I think Ben Carson truly believes that God wants him to run for the presidency straightaway, and that strong faith is his stumbling block.

You took this out of my mouth. That man isn't a politician; he has no idea how the game is played. He should continue splitting people's brains open to remove tumors; he's a better man doing that.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by pelmart: 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
iamfortunate:
And that would reduce his income. right?
grin
it is clear that his statement is worrying. But it is clear too
ISLAM IS ANTITHETICAL TO DEMOCRATIC VALUES
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kinglekan: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

BALLOSKI:
America belongs to which religion? The day a Muslim become the president or prime minister of isreal, then Dubai can have a Christian president.

What side of the divide are you on? Your posts above actually contradicts each other.

How exactly was he offensive? He was asked a direct question and he opined that if your faith is inconsistent with the values and principles of America then it should matter if you should be voted as president.

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by themonk(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

read the post, the tittle can be deceiving. Ben carson's ideas were mistaken
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kinglekan: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Princek12:
It seems a lot of people hear can't read or listen. Ben Carson said that he would not support a candidate whose religion or values are inconsistent with the U.S. Constitution. I support him one hundred percent.

America was founded upon judeo-christian principles: freedom, tolerance, independence, and so on. Islam is found on Sharia and forces women to do things they don't want to do, which is fundamentally inimical to the U.S. Constitution.

So why on earth should the U.S. support a Muslim president, when Islam fundamentally opposes everything the U.S. stands for?

Right on point bro!!!

I honestly don't know why a lot of people on here have a hard time understanding what carson said.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by pelmart: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
He was a very successful surgeon and a free man too (eventhough, he might be less good in politics as some say)
he made it clear as a free man
ISLAM IS ANTITHETICAL TO DEMOCRATIC VALUES
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by bezimo(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Is it a Muslim that should be president of "Gods own country" with their founding ideology of "In God we trust", or do people want a muslim president in America who will change their slogan to In Allah we trust.God Forbid!!!!!
Can a christian be president of Syria, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia. Everyone knows the answer. Ben Carson statement is just plain truth and no basis of debate.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by fio(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
SenseiX:

Bush won't rise despite his huge cash haul and Trump will eventually lose steam. Carson might win the first primary in Iowa because of his strength with Christian Conservatives.
In my opinion the person to watch is that Fiorina lady, She had a strong debate performance and the media seem to be pushing her narrative. I'm rooting sentimentally for Carson too though, his story inspired me back then in my teen years.

i strongly support Carson because of his wisdom or so called "common sense". Though trump is not that bad, both of them have equal chances of nomination. But i think Carson would be better.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by daresimon(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

And when it continues to grow then we begin to fear our for our lives.

Cos it means the world aint safe anymore.

Olorun maje
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by jcross19: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
Koolmexxi:
Ben Carson shot himself in the foot by saying that. There's no doubt most Americans consider Muslims as potential radicals and extremists even though that isn't really a fair assessment but America is considered an open society and the land of the free and anyone gunning for the most powerful position in the world shouldn't be seen to hold any sentiments.
can a christian rule turkey? Malaysia?,indonesia?,morocco? Tunisia?,libya,iran?, all you people opposing what he said are hypocrites and morons.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by noblegrex: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
Its so funny when I hear people wailling,crying,fighting,shouting and killing because of religion.should 'religion' be greater than any individual.as humans,we decide what we want.as a christian,I can't decide to be a muslim tomorrow and as a muslim,I can decide to be a christian tomorrow and except I tell you my religion,you can never know what my religion is.religion can be anything to anybody anytime anyday.we should look at ourself first before religion.a DEMON has its own religion.if you have deep thinking,you'll know its not worth fighting for.if you're my friend,you can only advice me and not force me to do whatever I want for MYSELF. People should stop being FOOLISH.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
I love observing American and British politics. Sometimes it just feels like you're watching a TV show. This is how politics should be played.

Over here its just about throwing money, and threatening each others lives.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
atlwireles:
America is a western democracy, Islamist don't separate their religion and politics. So, Ben Carson has a very valid point. Even here in Nigeria, Islamist are not prepared to live under a non moslem president.
Talk about what you know. We're not brainless savages over here.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

Kindly mention a name we can relate with
except you want to tell me that the savages
who destroyed the native American population
were puritan christians, then Christianity must be the real
definition of evil.

Stop believing everything you are told in Sunday school.

You are trying to teach Africans American history, you've got a better chance teaching a Rottweiler how to tap dance.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by yungachiever(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
I
Lilimax:
Glad to know that a lot of Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.
bro you kidding right..Coz that's never gonna be possibe.
Mofo.... undecided[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins / Trump During BLM Protest VS When His Supporters Invaded The US Capitol / Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.