Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,465 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi (19193 Views)

Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List / Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune / Kogi APC Tackles Tinubu, Faleke Over Ministerial Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by XavierBlue(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Prof Patrick Okedinachi Utomi, has said that he is not in a hurry to go into government saying he can only do that when he is certain of such government and his role in it.

Utomi stated this in an exclusive interview with Vanguard in Lagos while reacting to the news that his name was among those pencilled down by President Muhammadu Buhari for consideration and ratification as minister.

According to the erudite Professor, a worthy son of Delta State,“I am reading it as you have read it in the papers.

“My position is that citizenship has its obligations and duties.
‘Through the years, I have been a very passionate voice for change in the country. And it is purely based on principles, patriotic sense of where the country should be heading to.

“Over the years, I have also had some invitations to serve in public lives. I have served in government long ago. One of the things that it did for me, fortunately, I was very young, I am good.

I could pick up something quickly and store them. And one of the decisions I made from that brief excursion into public life was that I should never allow myself to be in public life if I don’t have a sense that there will be enough of a critical mass to make the kind of difference that I believe in.
Because of that, on a number of occasions, when I have been either invited or whatever, I have been very careful and honest with those who invited me to say that I am not in a rush to go into government.

“And that I can go into government only when I have certain sense for the nature of that government and my role in it and the clarity of the goal that government would be pursuing.
This has earned me pressure of different kinds from friends who think I am not acting normal to those who appreciate the principle that I have adopted in business of considering public life.”

He however, expressed satisfaction that Nigerians as a people have the sense that the time for change has come and grabbed it.

“That is the most gratifying part for me. Many think that I represent that whole thing and think that I should work in that kind of environment. But honestly, it doesn’t make any difference to me inside or outside; I will support anything that will move the country forward in the direction of change.

I take same attitude to the business of positioning government. It doesn’t make difference to me if I am serving outside or within, I will do what I have to do or need to do.”

On the 100 days in office of Buhari and other governors, Utomi said, “I watched all the 100 days business; promises made and not made. It is irrelevant now whether promises were made or not. The important things are that there is enough to say that we have moved significantly from where we were before now.”
Utomi stated that anyone who had not observed that was been insincere. “Some people are not feeling comfortable with power supply because it is too available.

Now, when you call the DISCOs and they responded, the question from many now, is this Nigeria.?
Improving power supply is enough for any administration to focus on because entrepreneurship will bloom. To have made the kind of leap in supply, it is an achievement.”

While lamenting the increasing sense of impunity, Utomi said that was really the issue for him. “At the time when many believed nothing could be done to correct the impunity in the country.
But after the administration decided to write the wrong, we could all see the debate it generated. And that showed that something was wrong in the country.”

On Federal Government recent crusade against Boko Haram insurgents, Utomi, said. “I am not a security expert. I cannot say we are winning the war or not. All I can say is that I see purpose and I hope that the purpose delivers the desired outcome. “

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/ministerial-slot-am-not-in-a-rush-to-go-into-govt-says-utomi/

8 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by scofieldsimba(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Prof . Let's see how it goes

"No army in the world can stop an idea whose time has come"

God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2015
We don hear
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by cola: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2015
Pass mark from prof utomi. That should count for something

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by yanabasee(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2015
Mtchwwwwww.....
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by omusiliyu(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
story for the gods..
After he was disgraced during Delta guber election.

OP... Please change it to GOVERNMENT

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by mcfynest(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
why shocked

Contact for your selfie stick (with bluetooth optional)..... #2500.

Call 08036024681

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Sijo01(f): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Initial gra gra

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Damalex4luv(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
If him name no come out, nah to dey cry foul all over the media houses. I know say Bubu go pity you add your name join so that your effort doing the last elections won't be in vain. But after this if you talk any how again nah to phone Buhari tell am make him replace your name with Tonyebarcanista grin cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by MrKIZITO(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by DONSMITH123(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Story
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Who dey beg am sef

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by obinnajr(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
AKUKO MIKE EJEGHA

9 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by hammak1993(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Awaiting minister

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
S
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
As if you had anything to offer...mtchewwww.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by spokesboy: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by yatch360: 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Shakara kills
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by sdindan: 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
How wil u be in a rush when Buhari is slow cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by shiinihost: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
this one na shakara talk....next angry
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Renciababy01: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
I was here. ;DI was here.
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by sammyj: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
ok
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by menix(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
All those scope wey we dey use wen we go party wey dem no come give us rice, we go jst talk say, I no dey hungry I jst wan test them know whether rice still remain...

13 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Blackavast(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
blackavast grin
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Perfectwazobia: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Good thinking good product Pat Utomi
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Overrated Economist

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by AnneMomoh: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Chosen1984:
S

Saratu?
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Mcowubaba: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Its either I didn't read/comprehend well...because

I CAN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT EXACTLY Pat Utomi is saying undecided

He is not in a rush to go into government ?, but has contested elections more times than I have subscribed Dstv Premium package cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by AnneMomoh: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
menix:
Jj

jaja?
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by Reekadict04: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ook
Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by QueenEdna(f): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
What is this 1 feeling like sef, mtceeewwwwww.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Slot: I Am Not In A Rush To Go Into Government - Utomi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Damalex4luv:
If him name no come out, nah to dey cry foul all over the media houses. I know say Bubu go pity you add your name join so that your effort doing the last elections won't be in vain. But after this if you talk any how again nah to phone Buhari tell am make him replace your name with Tonyebarcanista grin cheesy
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen / PHOTOS: Saraki At Senator Gemade’s 70th Birthday Service / North Plans Last-minute Shocker For Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.