Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? (3251 Views)

Will Nigeria Remain Amalgamated Without Crude Oil? / Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power / Should Nigeria Grant Independence To Biafra, Yes Or No ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2015
Lets hear your opinion, should Nigeria which was amalgamed in 1914 by Lord Lugard be deamalgamated?
So that we will have an Arewa Republic and Republic of Southern Nigeria.
whats your opinion?

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2015
Dearpreye, coolitempa, SOUNDKING, Tonyebarcanista,
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by ezeonline2(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2015
It won't b as easy as it seems.
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2015
Good morning.

The foundation is faulty.

6 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by truefact: 8:34am On Sep 22, 2015
Of course everybody should go their own way and those who want to merge together can...there is nothing like southern Nigeria. ...what we have in Nigeria is ethnic groups. ..each should choose who they want to team up with ...period

14 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2015
truefact:
Of course everybody should go their own way and those who want to merge together can...there is nothing like southern Nigeria. ...what we have in Nigeria is ethnic groups. ..each should choose who they want to team up with ...period
I understand your point.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 8:48am On Sep 22, 2015
ezeonline2:
It won't b as easy as it seems.
yes, but a united south will get the dealmagamation.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by jmoore(m): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2015
Nigeria can't break up into two countries.

Nigeria can't break up into three countries.

Nigeria can't break up into ten countries.

Nigeria can't break up into 20 countries.

If Nigeria breaks up, your own village will declare independence one day.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 8:58am On Sep 22, 2015
jmoore:
Nigeria can't break up into two countries.

Nigeria can't break up into three countries.

Nigeria can't break up into ten countries.

Nigeria can't break up into 20 countries.

If Nigeria breaks up, your own village will declare independence one day.

its a LIE. The structure of this nation is faulty and lopsided. Deamalgamation is possible if the whole south can team up and demand for it.

8 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by coolitempa(f): 8:59am On Sep 22, 2015
Ugomba:
Lets hear your opinion, should Nigeria which was amalgamed in 1914 by Lord Lugard be deamalgamated?
So that we will have an Arewa Republic and Republic of Southern Nigeria.
whats your opinion?

The reality is this....many systems will be employed by Nigeria......because the foundation is without strength..... cheesy...but I believe that within another 200yrs or so.....africa will finally adopt the vision of Kwame Nkrumah......that's the only way forward..... cheesy...
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by jmoore(m): 9:00am On Sep 22, 2015
Ugomba:
its a LIE. The structure of this nation is faulty and lopsided. Deamalgamation is possible if the whole south can team up and demand for it.

The south can't team up.

You don't get the picture at all.

If Nigeria breaks up, it will produce more than 100 countries.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Nations are built when the inhabitants willingly come together and create a nation that shall foster the progress and wellbeing of EVERYONE within its borders. But that's not the case with Nigeria- it's a British experiment that was designed with the devious intent to stop the development of the inhabitants, thereby giving the wicked and hypocritical British thugs an everlasting reason to continue to meddle in our affairs.

Nigeria isn't a nation, but a business venture in which the North was given an unfair advantage by the same wicked British thugs.

We saw how Scotland that has being a part of the UK since 1707 went for a referendum last year in a bid to break free from the UK.

Nigeria has two options: Restructure this system OR sustain it with the blood of millions.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Candyrain(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2015
On de-amalgamation I stand. This isn't a country. I concur with Preye

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Chimarto: 9:05am On Sep 22, 2015
Nigeria is an expired marriage.

8 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2015
dearpreye:
Nations are built when the inhabitants willingly come together and create a nation that shall foster the progress and wellbeing of EVERYONE within its borders. But that's not the case with Nigeria- it's a British experiment that was designed with the devious intent to stop the development of the inhabitants, thereby giving the wicked and hypocritical British thugs an everlasting reason to continue to meddle in our affairs.

Nigeria isn't a nation, but a business venture in which the North was given an unfair advantage by the same wicked British thugs.

We saw how Scotland that has being a part of the UK since 1707 went for a referendum last year in a bid to break free from the UK.

Nigeria has two options: Restructure this system OR sustain it with the blood of millions.
The North will fight any attempt to restructure the system and don't forget, they have an ally in the South.
The SS, SE and SW should team up and demand for a restructure, Enough is Enough.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by DonXavi(m): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2015
Nigeria should be deamalgamated immediately because we are different nations with diverse cultures and dissimilar way of life lumped together, and we can see that the union is not working. But I don't believe we in the south can live together as one country, at least two countries can come out from the south. Seeing the way igbos and yorubas are always on each other's throat I doubt if they can ever agree unanimously to live together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2015
dearpreye:

You're totally right.

But you didn't mention that Scotland declined to be separated from the UK

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/scotland-rejects-independence-uk_n_5847302.html

Nigeria's issues goes well beyond just the fact that we were forced to come together as a nation and we also have to consider just how much tribalism is dividing us. If the Ibos get Biafra, they are still going to be faced with the issue of Imbitse against Untu and this applies to every other part of Nigeria.

I believe our major issue is separating our cultural differences from the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2015
Please there s nothng like southern nigeria heavens forbid I share a country with yoloba back stabbing bastaa.....rd

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2015
DonXavi:
Nigeria should be deamalgamated immediately because we are different nations with diverse cultures and dissimilar way of life lumped together, and wr can see that the union is not working. But I don't believe we in the south can live together as one country, at least two countries can come out from the south. Seeing the way igbos and yorubas are always on each other's throat I doubt if they can ever agree unanimously to living together.
i understand ur point
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2015
Ugomba:
The North will fight any attempt to restructure the system and don't forget, they have an ally in the South.
The SS, SE and SW should team up and demand for a restructure, Enough is Enough.

The SS is sleeping. When it wakes up, assuming it will eventually do so, the ball game is change.
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

You're totally right.

But you didn't mention that Scotland declined to be separated from the UK

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/scotland-rejects-independence-uk_n_5847302.html

Nigeria's issues goes well beyond just the fact that we were forced to come together as a nation and we also have to consider just how much tribalism is dividing us. If the Ibos get Biafra, they are still going to be faced with the issue of Imbitse against Untu and this applies to every other part of Nigeria.

I believe our major issue is separating our cultural differences from the law.

My boss, good morning. Hope you had a great night rest?

I didn't forget to state that Scotland voted a NO to stop breaking away from the UK. The point is to show how mature these White folks are as to allow a people determine and chart their own country.

Tribalism isn't actually our problem; we run a system that creates an oppressor and the oppressed; this system inevitably creates tension and accentuate the problems of tribalism.

When a people who share almost nothing in common are lumped together into a forceful union, this is what you get.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by sdindan: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2015
Is cracking
Breaking up is near

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2015
I don't believe in anything called Nigeria. It doesn't exist.deamalgamation is to declare it officially.

For me, there's nothing like amalgamation in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Omololu007(m): 9:32am On Sep 22, 2015
DonXavi:
Nigeria should be deamalgamated immediately because we are different nations with diverse cultures and dissimilar way of life lumped together, and wr can see that the union is not working. But I don't believe we in the south can live together as one country, at least two countries can come out from the south. Seeing the way igbos and yorubas are always on each other's throat I doubt if they can ever agree unanimously to living together.
2 countries in the south ba wo,,,we are gonna have more than 20 country been created in the south alone
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Omololu007(m): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
Please there s nothng like southern nigeria heavens forbid I share a country with yoloba back stabbing bastaa.....rd
see this fool,,so ugomba that is talking about southern Nigeria is a yoruba man abi daft fool,,when will ibos leaving in the south west return back to their state cause yorubas are back stabbers fool?

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 22, 2015
Ugomba:
you think the northerners will let you go, when their oil wells Are in the south cheesy
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2015
Candyrain:
On de-amalgamation I stand. This isn't a country. I concur with Preye

Boss, good morning. You've always known own my stance on this issue. Our people lack courage and conviction. All the same, it's a question of time.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 22, 2015
dearpreye:

The SS is sleeping. When it wakes up, assuming it will eventually do so, the ball game is change.
politicians benefiting from the system will never wake south South Up, everything depends on the common man to take their destiny in his hands.

like an average igbo man who doesn't care about government, he can hurstle and create wealth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2015
dearpreye:

My boss, good morning. Hope you had a great night rest?

I tried. You?

I didn't forget to state that Scotland voted a NO to stop breaking away from the UK. The point is to show how mature these White folks are as to allow a people determine and chart their own country.

Tribalism isn't actually our problem; we run a system that creates an oppressor and the oppressed; this system inevitably creates tension and accentuate the problems of tribalism.

There is poverty nationwide. I don't think there is a particular particular part of the country that enjoys infrastructure than any other. What we have are a bunch of selfish leaders, from all tribes, who are more concerned about maintaining their pot bellies that moving the country forward.

When a people who share almost nothing in common are lumped together into a forceful union, this is what you get.

Remember in Rwanda, despite having only two differing tribes, they were still unable to manage themselves. Unfortunately, the white man is well aware of how touchy the black man is about his culture and tribe and never hesitate to exploit this fact.

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Candyrain(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Boss, good morning. You've always known own my stance on this issue. Our people lack courage and conviction. All the same, it's a question of time.

Good morning too sir. Yes I do know your stand and I know things are going to fall in place with time. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Happiness87(f): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2015
Constitutionally, Nigeria expired
1914-2014

Buhari needs to re -negotiate our existence or let those that want to go, leave
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2015
dearpreye:

You know it baffles me why there must be bloodshed in african countries b4 succession can place? Like the 30years succession war of sudan which gave birth to south sudan. Why will a group declare a total annihilation of another group bcus they decided to part ways with them? I just can't figure out why africa so much like war. Britain recently organize a referendum for independent of scottish pple , without any bloodshed. When will africa grow an advance
mental faculty to understand that forcing or
threaten a group of pple with war to remain with
you is tantamount to slavery. The togetherness of
different group of pple can only yield good when
there exist a harmonious mutual understanding btw
them. There is no love in the unity of Nigeria, and
the southerners has been on the receiving end esp
the Igbo christians , who had continue to be a victim
in the numerous tribal massacres often perpetrated
in the North part of Nigeria. Where is the love?

Africans are like bunch of animals in the eyes of western world , they are so cruel and wicked to their own self. Bunch of blood sucking black demons with fish brain, who scream war anytime they hear succession. African leaders are all bunch of literate fools. This is why africa will remain under-develop until they strive to overcome their dementia mind-set and blaze up to catch with their contemporaries in the western world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Vs Akpabio: Who Performed Better As A Governor / If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke / Nnamdi Kanu Asking For Referendum Is Just A Pretext, It's Agenda Is To Kill Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.